• IP Copied!
  • Varied Drinks

Should these drinks, or any other new drinks, be added to TMD?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe after a little tweaking. (It would be appreciated if you posted tweaks below.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

_Vapples_

Varied Drinks

I don't know if this has been suggested before, it likely has, but I didn't see anything like it when I skimmed the first four pages of the Ideas and Suggestions Sub-forum. Anyway, I am proposing two new drinks to TMD, possibly HN, that would add effects without compromising the realism of the server. (I don't know why everyone is overly concerned about that.) I will post my proposed stats of each drink as well as the default Water Bottle for comparison reasons.

Water Bottle
    Units of thirst refilled: 100
    Item stack limit: 1
    Extra effects: None/Prevents dehydration
    Duration of effect: None

Energy Drink (Real Original)
    Units of thirst refilled: 25
    Extra effects: Speed 1
    Duration of Effect: 1 Minute

Turmeric Tea
    Units of thirst refilled: 50
    Extra effects: Reduces the chance of becoming infected while receiving damage from walkers.
    Duration: 1 Minute *Down from 2 Min as suggested by Bronyhunter87*

Note: Turmeric Tea would only reduce the chance of becoming infected, it would not cure already present infections.

The only drink I could see a problem with would be the effect of Turmeric Tea.

Methods of Obtaining Drinks

Due to the fact that players can obtain Unlimited Money in-game, I feel that these drinks should stay away from any shops besides water, which is already present in Maggie's shop. I think they should be present in any chest where food/water bottles can spawn, just with a reduced spawn rate.

What do you think? Feel free to tweak my drinks or add your own below.

Last edited:

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    Some of these are really great ideas. I think, however, the Turmeric Tea should have the effect time down to 1 minute instead of 2 minutes. My reason is because it should only be used to get out of walker infested areas.

Another thing is that special types of drinks should be only found in rare locations; perhaps the tea could be located at Cdc.

_Vapples_

Some of these are really great ideas. I think, however, the Turmeric Tea should have the effect time down to 1 minute instead of 2 minutes. My reason is because it should only be used to get out of walker infested areas.

Another thing is that special types of drinks should be only found in rare locations; perhaps the tea could be located at Cdc.
    I agree on the one minute effect for the tea. I don't fully agree on the spawn areas though. Special drinks should be rare, but not rare enough that you only spawn it in a two or so places. Perhaps they shouldn't spawn in every food/water enabled chests, but I feel they shouldn't only spawn in places like CDC.

_Vapples_

I am also going to give credit for valid tweaks to the user who suggested the tweak.

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    I agree on the one minute effect for the tea. I don't fully agree on the spawn areas though. Special drinks should be rare, but not rare enough that you only spawn it in a two or so places. Perhaps they shouldn't spawn in every food/water enabled chests, but I feel they shouldn't only spawn in places like CDC.

I wasn't just mentioning cdc. It was more of an example. But I can see what point your trying to make.

The_HX_Gamer

The_HX_Gamer
    The_HX_Gamer The_HX_Gamer
    I think this would be really cool to add because drinks that do they're own special effects is just plain awesome and really helpful.