• IP Copied!
  • Why are there so many furrys and cringey roleplayers?

Why are there so many cringey roleplayers? like furrys and 2 year olds?

• people are stupid

Votes: 15 75.0%
    • community's big leading to some stupid people

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters

egg75o1

Titan
    egg75o1
    egg75o1 egg75o1
    This has happened a lot but this time it was the last straw for me. I was role playing and I said "Make your characters. (name, age , additional info)" and someone said "Shadow, 14, cute, half wolf, likes to sleep on floor." Now I don't wanna be a crap hat but her name was LostLove. and after a little time thinking i just said "you're cringe" and left them to there games. I really dislike those people because there always cringe and they are usually the kind of people that will have these magical fights where there "inveencible" or mash some cringe game like fnaf with minecraft. Also furrys are just stupid and weird in general. Do you know why there are so many people like this?

GodOfThorns

Mythical
    GodOfThorns
    GodOfThorns GodOfThorns
    I find this hypocritical.. I'm not sure exactly how to go about this without sounding like a jerk. I personally have never understood role-play, but I'm a very very accepting person and don't care what you're into, as, that's you. I don't care what anyone does as long as they're happy, that's my life Philosophy (Without harming others of course). But role-play is role-play, yah know? It's where you can be whatever whenever and that's the beauty of the internet. Now, if I had went onto TMD and said, "You're cringe" because you role-play, well, that's just being a jerk. Your role-play is not harming anyone, it's chatting back and fourth. I'd never judge you for that. You could've simply asked the girl, "Well, can you pick something normal?" or simply just accepted how it was... if the girl had denied, tell her you're not interested in that role-play and don't let her join in. I'm sure she'll understand, if not, staff will handle it. Now, back to the internet. As someone who has spent a.. great amount of time on the internet, chatting with people all over, I've formed two theories about why people choose the internet.

People come to the internet to be someone else.
    • Now, to explain, some people on the internet will simply just lie about who they are, regardless. Maybe to live a fantasy, or to manipulate people for person gain, I've seen it tons in Minecraft. (Which it's not really gain, as it's a game). That's one kind of person, and just because they lie doesn't always make them a bad person, maybe they want to remain anonymous.
    People come to the internet to be themselves.
    • School is a rough place, and I imagine a good portion of the Havoc players as well as some staff still school, whether it be college or high-school down. If you're in school, you know exactly what I'm talking about, sometimes, you can't be yourself in school because people are simply just harsh. Nobody is open-minded and everyone seems to think their own way is the way and I've always believed that people on the internet are unique. People on the internet mind find it an escape from reality, a way to make friends who truly accept you for.. well.. you.
    So, what can we gather? Judging is a selfish thing to do, nobody is "perfect" in someone else's eyes. To me, everyone is perfect in their own way. Not everyone has my ideals though and I get that. Just try to not judge furry's or other people who maybe are different, I get it, counter-culture can be awkward and new, and scary, but it's just people trying to find out who they are, eventually they'll hit a life phase and reality will kick in, those fantasy's will never go away, but they'll fade. Just /ignore if you don't like it.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Guys he's not hating on role players, just people who do things like"half wolf" when role playing. This is an apocalypse server, not some freaking Magic Quest game mode. We need some rules on Roleplay, one major one needs to be no ***. I get spammed wit *** messages whenever I'm near Alex, and it's not nice... for all rpers, I love you all but at least try sticking to the TMD theme (unless you all decide to do a magic rp, then it isn't annoying since its been agreed upon)

Diligen

Titan
    HooverVC
    HooverVC HooverVC
    I find this hypocritical.. I'm not sure exactly how to go about this without sounding like a jerk. I personally have never understood role-play, but I'm a very very accepting person and don't care what you're into, as, that's you. I don't care what anyone does as long as they're happy, that's my life Philosophy (Without harming others of course). But role-play is role-play, yah know? It's where you can be whatever whenever and that's the beauty of the internet. Now, if I had went onto TMD and said, "You're cringe" because you role-play, well, that's just being a jerk. Your role-play is not harming anyone, it's chatting back and fourth. I'd never judge you for that. You could've simply asked the girl, "Well, can you pick something normal?" or simply just accepted how it was... if the girl had denied, tell her you're not interested in that role-play and don't let her join in. I'm sure she'll understand, if not, staff will handle it. Now, back to the internet. As someone who has spent a.. great amount of time on the internet, chatting with people all over, I've formed two theories about why people choose the internet.

• Now, to explain, some people on the internet will simply just lie about who they are, regardless. Maybe to live a fantasy, or to manipulate people for person gain, I've seen it tons in Minecraft. (Which it's not really gain, as it's a game). That's one kind of person, and just because they lie doesn't always make them a bad person, maybe they want to remain anonymous.
    • School is a rough place, and I imagine a good portion of the Havoc players as well as some staff still school, whether it be college or high-school down. If you're in school, you know exactly what I'm talking about, sometimes, you can't be yourself in school because people are simply just harsh. Nobody is open-minded and everyone seems to think their own way is the way and I've always believed that people on the internet are unique. People on the internet mind find it an escape from reality, a way to make friends who truly accept you for.. well.. you.
    So, what can we gather? Judging is a selfish thing to do, nobody is "perfect" in someone else's eyes. To me, everyone is perfect in their own way. Not everyone has my ideals though and I get that. Just try to not judge furry's or other people who maybe are different, I get it, counter-culture can be awkward and new, and scary, but it's just people trying to find out who they are, eventually they'll hit a life phase and reality will kick in, those fantasy's will never go away, but they'll fade. Just /ignore if you don't like it.
    stop making these, they're too long and too many big words
    im 5 stop it dad

egg75o1

Titan
    egg75o1
    egg75o1 egg75o1
    This has happened a lot but this time it was the last straw for me. I was role playing and I said "Make your characters. (name, age , additional info)" and someone said "Shadow, 14, cute, half wolf, likes to sleep on floor." Now I don't wanna be a crap hat but her name was LostLove. and after a little time thinking i just said "you're cringe" and left them to there games. I really dislike those people because there always cringe and they are usually the kind of people that will have these magical fights where there "inveencible" or mash some cringe game like fnaf with minecraft. Also furrys are just stupid and weird in general. Do you know why there are so many people like this?
    I just want to say, I love roleplaying! I'm not against it at all.

egg75o1

Titan
    egg75o1
    egg75o1 egg75o1
    Guys he's not hating on role players, just people who do things like"half wolf" when role playing. This is an apocalypse server, not some freaking Magic Quest game mode. We need some rules on Roleplay, one major one needs to be no ***. I get spammed wit *** messages whenever I'm near Alex, and it's not nice... for all rpers, I love you all but at least try sticking to the TMD theme (unless you all decide to do a magic rp, then it isn't annoying since its been agreed upon)
    EXACTLY!

egg75o1

Titan
    egg75o1
    egg75o1 egg75o1

Well, You make a few good points, But most of the people who I ask to just pick something normal end up attacking me and crap. And I find that some of this is just insulting me a bit. And you keep wording yourself as a good person, For example.. "To me, everyone is perfect in their own way." I do get your points, So thanks for that though.

egg75o1

Titan
    egg75o1
    egg75o1 egg75o1
    Do whatever want but keep it between you, just f*ck who spams global with their furry-glorious-wives. Wish the /shout should not be an on/off switch but rather an obligatory command
    Yea. It is annoying when someone is roleplaying and they are on shout.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    Do any of you even know what a Furry is IRL? This isn't exactly a term you should toss around lightly. For those that don't know fully what a furry is it can be anyone that dresses up in a furry suit as an animal, in order to have ****** fantasies including but not limited to fornification with stuffed animals and real animals. It's not just someone that likes animals a whole lot, it's a fetish. I think people here are too young to have made these kinds of decisions or revelations so I would call it "Furry-like" instead.

Support_Annie

If you think furries are bad i'd have to tell you, that you have yet to see TMD-3 at its worst. I remember back in january or february back when the restart happened people were roleplaying about rape in GLOBAL chat and some admin or senior mod had to step in. Weird times...

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    Being a furry isn't strictly ****, you know. Its really just humanoid animals that people make up. But on some occasions, yes, people do dress up as animals for ****** pleasure.

If you're referring to people like brawnies from the My Little Pony tv show then I'd have to agree with you that a lot of them are animal lovers and some want to be humanoid animals. But the term "furry" has become synonymous with a specific fetish. This connection between the two may be a stereotype but ****** rp does not belong on a server with a lot of the players being under the age of 18 or not an adult yet depending on what country they're from. Some parents would bar their children from playing here if they found out that they were participating or being subjected to some of the rp talk mentioned above.

It can be easy to get carried away with something like this, and there is nothing wrong with being a furry or having any other kind of fetish or wish to be something you aren't, but a MC server isn't the place for some of the rp talk mentioned above. Whether people want to rp as a half animal half human is their right to do so. They have every right to express themselves however they want as long as it doesn't violate any rules. But if most of the group is wanting to maintain a realistic rp session with realistic characters then obviously a part wolf character wouldn't be widely accepted. They have the right to protest this discrimination or decision to go realistic only, but in the end it's up to the group or the group's leader to make the decision whether or not to include the player(s) in their rp session.

To the OP:
    As for straight up calling people names and insulting them for being who they are or who they want to be that is just disgusting and immature beyond words. I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing it's young enough to not have developed the required maturity and prerequisites to respond to this perceived threat in a respectful and mature manner. FYI, that was an insult written in the proper mature format. If you want to continue to play here you are going to have to learn to tolerate certain people and/or annoyances without name calling or insults. To be honest, I have a laundry list of insults I could apply to your opinion and actions here but I'll just list one: Bigot. I'm sure someone other than me thought of this word when they read your post. But I'm going to call you on being one or acting like one because you're attacking people for just expressing themselves. Also, to answer your question on why there are so many people that are furries or any other thing, there are over 7.3 billion people on this planet. Millions of them are furries. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. FYI, that was another insult written in the proper mature format.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    lets all just agree to maintain a child-friendly roleplay, and all kinky roleplays can either happen somewhere so deep in the woods that nobody would see it in local chat, or they should not happen at all. Ive made an option for both sides of the argument, so nobody is allowed to be mad at me :p