• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    I have been getting reecent complaints about me bieng a bit spammy. I want to end those forever with one thread.

Before I explain the poll, Ill give you a basic rundown of what I think is a long post, a short post, and a midsize post.

Short post:
    Less than 2 sentences
    Usually funny, not serious

Medium post:
    2 sentences to a paragraph
    Semi-informative

Long post:
    Anything over a paragraph
    Usually formal, such as an update, or staff speaking.

So, now that you know the basics, you know that i post in the "short" area the most, with a couple of threads (this one too) in the long section.

Now, let me go over some pros and cons of each one.

Short:
    Pros:
    Faster to type
    Faster to read

Cons:
    Has a "spammy" feel to it
    Sometimes too short

Medium:
    Pros:
    More descriptive than the "short" posts

Cons:
    Takes longer to type and read

Long:
    Pros:
    Super descriptive and detailed

Cons:
    Will take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to write
    Less daily posts, and less daily activity

Now that you know the pros and cons, let me ask you, which one should I post more often? Short? Medium? Or long? Vote on the poll!

Poll closes in 7 days and the winning choice will become my main poststyle.

Hope this solves the problem,

-Tachi

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I have been getting reecent complaints about me bieng a bit spammy. I want to end those forever with one thread.

Before I explain the poll, Ill give you a basic rundown of what I think is a long post, a short post, and a midsize post.

Short post:
    Less than 2 sentences
    Usually funny, not serious

Medium post:
    2 sentences to a paragraph
    Semi-informative

Long post:
    Anything over a paragraph
    Usually formal, such as an update, or staff speaking.

So, now that you know the basics, you know that i post in the "short" area the most, with a couple of threads (this one too) in the long section.

Now, let me go over some pros and cons of each one.

Short:
    Pros:
    Faster to type
    Faster to read

Cons:
    Has a "spammy" feel to it
    Sometimes too short

Medium:
    Pros:
    More descriptive than the "short" posts

Cons:
    Takes longer to type and read

Long:
    Pros:
    Super descriptive and detailed

Cons:
    Will take anywhere from 15-30 minutes to write
    Less daily posts, and less daily activity

Now that you know the pros and cons, let me ask you, which one should I post more often? Short? Medium? Or long? Vote on the poll!

Poll closes in 7 days and the winning choice will become my main poststyle.

Hope this solves the problem,

-Tachi
    just post medium. add some info, and some funny jokes. That way, you can post shorter messages, but not have that "spammy" feeling about them my dude :)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    including the "something like this" part, that's a good post :)
    just think of it this way: try to post something you think is worth reading, not just a 1-2 word post that doesn't add anything. even long posts can be useless, so aim to say something worth saying. (you don't need to put a period at the end of your last sentence, since people know it's the end)

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno

I get your concern for your posting style. And that's good. It means you want to make everyone happy.

Your posting style, though, is the least of your worries. Some of the posts you make are short and funny. But, sometimes, it is necessary to make long posts to get a point across. This is a method that I mostly see by staff, and it is very important. And being spammy is:
    1) Repeating a post constantly
    Or
    2) Repeating a word constantly in one post, or many posts.

Your posting style is definitely none of the above. In conclusion, you should keep your posting style and don't worry about it.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    I get your concern for your posting style. And that's good. It means you want to make everyone happy.

Your posting style, though, is the least of your worries. Some of the posts you make are short and funny. But, sometimes, it is necessary to make long posts to get a point across. This is a method that I mostly see by staff, and it is very important. And being spammy is:
    1) Repeating a post constantly
    Or
    2) Repeating a word constantly in one post, or many posts.

Your posting style is definitely none of the above. In conclusion, you should keep your posting style and don't worry about it.
    Thanks! But some people got triggered, and unfortunatley that caused me to make this thread.

just think of it this way: try to post something you think is worth reading, not just a 1-2 word post that doesn't add anything. even long posts can be useless, so aim to say something worth saying. (you don't need to put a period at the end of your last sentence, since people know it's the end)
    My English teacher would be dissapointed, not ending sentences with periods.

Mr__Potatoes

Mythical
    PresAlexWhit
    PresAlexWhit PresAlexWhit
    It's not that people think your posts are too short, it's that sometimes your posts don't contribute to the thread or they think you should've used the edit button instead of making another post. Unnecessary posts are also included in the "spam" category.

Last edited:

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    I would hesitate from calling anyone on the forums "spammy", but make sure you're contributing something to a thread when you make a post. Threads are meant to be discussions and should have meaningful input. Don't just post for the heck of it.

Example of "Spammy": Having 10 posts on a thread that are all 1-2 sentences and contribute very little to the thread's topic. That's when it starts to look like post-boosting.

Regards,
    - 7th

EDIT:
    The "Edit" tool for posts can be helpful with this sort of thing. If you have an extra thought to contribute that you forgot about, just edit your post instead of making another one.

Last edited:

Mr__Potatoes

Mythical
    PresAlexWhit
    PresAlexWhit PresAlexWhit
    I would hesitate from calling anyone on the forums "spammy", but make sure you're contributing something to a thread when you make a post. Threads are meant to be discussions and should have meaningful input. Don't just post for the heck of it.

Example of "Spammy": Having 10 posts on a thread that are all 1-2 sentences and contribute nothing to the thread's topic. That's when it starts to look like post-boosting.

Regards,
    - 7th
    That is a great piece of detail I will use for my new thread about spam and how to identify it. Going up tomorrow! Also, sup?

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_

Example of "Spammy": Having 10 posts on a thread that are all 1-2 sentences and contribute very little to the thread's topic. That's when it starts to look like post-boosting.

Regards,
    - 7th

EDIT:
    The "Edit" tool for posts can be helpful with this sort of thing. If you have an extra thought to contribute that you forgot about, just edit your post instead of making another one.

Just an issue, bug or not, you cant quote in the edit area

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    Just an issue, bug or not, you cant quote in the edit area

Just hit "Reply" to whatever post you want to quote, copy the quote (including the code editor commands) and then paste it into an Edit on your original post.

Ex: (QUOTE="_Tachi_, post: 20748, member: 273")Just an issue, bug or not, you cant quote in the edit area(/QUOTE)

- 7th

DeleteThisAcc

Mythical
    DeleteThisAcc
    DeleteThisAcc DeleteThisAcc
    I don't know how accurate of an answer to your question you'll get through having this poll as it's really all about interpretation on how players feel the forums should be. Some players feel as it should be a way to share your ideas and get high quality posts of insight from the community while others treat like like a social media of sorts looking to have fun with it. I wouldn't say you spam but I definitely recommend adding more text in your posts as a simple quote and one emoji or word adds virtually nothing to a conversation.

I

IHaveInternet

For the record, there are multiple forms of spam so it doesn't necessarily mean double-posting all the time. I'll edit this post with the descriptions when I get the chance later today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.