• IP Copied!
  • Banning for Associating With Hackers?

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I recently found out about this rule where if you happen to be playing with someone and they get banned for hacking (without your knowledge), you also serve a two week ban? I've had multiple people I know get banned for this and I don't really understand how you can blame a person for accidentally being teamed with someone who hacks. Many people team and invite people to their teams each day and to ban someone for being barely associated with one on one occasion seems a bit excessive and not very well thought out. I just don't completely understand the rule.

Firrothe

Well... the problem is... some people DONT know they are hacking, they dont get any advantages.
    But some other players KNOW they are hacking and take their own use of it. They deserve the ban.
    But it's hard to be fair there cause you cant be 100% sure if he lies when he/she says i didnt know he/she hacks

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    Well... the problem is... some people DONT know they are hacking, they dont get any advantages.
    But some other players KNOW they are hacking and take their own use of it. They deserve the ban.
    But it's hard to be fair there cause you cant be 100% sure if he lies when he/she says i didnt know he/she hacks
    Well, all bans should be given with fair evidence.

Zephyy

Mythical
    Zephyy
    Zephyy Zephyy
    If you're caught playing with a hacker, the hacker receives a permanent ban, whilst the player teamed with them gets a 2 week ban, only with conclusive evidence of course. We have no way of telling whether a player was aware the hacker was actually hacking so it's only fair we give everyone caught teaming with hackers a punishment. Two weeks may seem like a lot, but imagine being the one who was actually hacking and never being able to play again. At least in two weeks you can continue to play.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    What Zephy said. Two weeks may seem excessive, especially if you really had no clue. But there should be a zero tolerance for hacking. So if someone knows they're teaming with a hacker, or they suspect it, they should distance themselves from that person immediately, and/or report them outright to a staff member or player report form. Unfortunately it is the only way to deter and eliminate hacking - to make it too risky to try to hack because the chance of being caught is so high.

Also, if you suspect a player is hacking, don't call them out or announce it in chat. Do the above: contact a helper/mod privately or send in a report. Calling them out will only cause the smarter hackers to hack more cautiously, making it harder for the staff to catch them.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    I recently found out about this rule where if you happen to be playing with someone and they get banned for hacking (without your knowledge), you also serve a two week ban? I've had multiple people I know get banned for this and I don't really understand how you can blame a person for accidentally being teamed with someone who hacks. Many people team and invite people to their teams each day and to ban someone for being barely associated with one on one occasion seems a bit excessive and not very well thought out. I just don't completely understand the rule.

Hey Link, I understand your frustration about this. It seems unfair to the people that were just tagging along. But you got to remember that IRL, if you're "just tagging along" with a friend that commits a crime, as I mentioned above, you can be charged with accessory to whatever that crime is, and end up serving time or paying a fine (if you're lucky). If it's murder, you normally try to make a plea bargain with the prosecution to testify against your friend to get a reduced sentence or have the charges against you dropped.

Unfortunately, there aren't enough staff to form a hearing panel or an appeals committee for these kinds of things. When your resources are limited, sometimes you cut corners. Giving everyone in the group a temp ban (except the actual hacker who gets a perma), takes less time than listening to each player try to prove their innocence. That, in itself, may take two weeks or longer. Hope this helps explain things a bit.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Lisen up staff i have had enough of you and your terrible rules i wanna see some changes around here and i am sure most of us also want to see some changes

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    Lisen up staff i have had enough of you and your terrible rules i wanna see some changes around here and i am sure most of us also want to see some changes

Ya' know, kid...I'm really getting tired of doing baby steps with you...Trying to politely explain to you why you can and can't do things and why something is wrong or bad. I know you're still quite young and immature, but you ought to know better then to 'demand' things from others as if you are in a position to do so. When I wanted in game scamming to be outlawed, I asked that the people in charge to 'consider' changing the rules. I didn't sand there stamping my little foot like a damn two year old. So, there will be some immediate change coming! So, "listen up!"

Like I told you earlier, I don't like being mean unless I have too. I feel I have too, and I'm really disappointed in you. So this is what you will do from now on. Why? Because I'm 32, and you wouldn't even consider questioning me after what I've done in service for you...and because "I said so." You on the other hand are 11, and have done no service of any kind yet, except the annoying kind. Plus, you don't have a say. I know that's got to make you angry but it's the truth. It's the truth and you and everyone else knows it. Like I said, you do not have a say in this so don't waste anymore of my time than you already have:

You will address the staff and all other players of this good server in a respectful and polite manner.

You will drop the stupid, immature, and childish attitude.

You will definitely consider apologizing for speaking out of anger towards the staff, in your next reply...if you reply.

And this is what I will do:

I will never see you address a staff member or another player in a disrespectful or impolite manner ever, ever again.

I will not play "baby steps" with you anymore.

In the case that I have not made myself crystal clear to you. Then I wouldn't love anything more than to make sure you have a personal meet-n-greet with a mod, admin, or even an owner. Just, imagine, how aggravated they would be if they had to divert the time that they do get to play, to solving your inability to show the maturity we both know you're capable of. What do you think your standing with the staff will be then? That's all.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Ya' know, kid...I'm really getting tired of doing baby steps with you...Trying to politely explain to you why you can and can't do things and why something is wrong or bad. I know you're still quite young and immature, but you ought to know better then to 'demand' things from others as if you are in a position to do so. When I wanted in game scamming to be outlawed, I asked that the people in charge to 'consider' changing the rules. I didn't sand there stamping my little foot like a damn two year old. So, there will be some immediate change coming! So, "listen up!"

Like I told you earlier, I don't like being mean unless I have too. I feel I have too, and I'm really disappointed in you. So this is what you will do from now on. Why? Because I'm 32, and you wouldn't even consider questioning me after what I've done in service for you...and because "I said so." You on the other hand are 11, and have done no service of any kind yet, except the annoying kind. Plus, you don't have a say. I know that's got to make you angry but it's the truth. It's the truth and you and everyone else knows it. Like I said, you do not have a say in this so don't waste anymore of my time than you already have:

You will address the staff and all other players of this good server in a respectful and polite manner.

You will definitely consider apologizing for speaking out of anger towards the staff, in your next reply...if you reply.

I will never see you address a staff member or another player in a disrespectful or impolite manner ever, ever again.

In the case that I have not made myself crystal clear to you. Then I wouldn't love anything more than to make sure you have a personal meet-n-greet with a mod, admin, or even an owner. Just, imagine, how aggravated they would be if they had to divert the time that they do get to play, to solving your inability to show the maturity we both know you're capable of. What do you think your standing with the staff will be then? That's all.
    you are right i am wrong you are the greatest thing sense mr__potatoes (r.i.p) and i will respond in a big way i will change my ways and we will i hope not have this conversation again

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    I would be very happy to see this. I too, never want to speak the way I did earlier. You like the rest of the people here have so much potential. Remember that and remember your words and your actions represent who you are, and in cases like these, it does matter what people think about you unfortunately.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I would be very happy to see this. I too, never want to speak the way I did earlier. You like the rest of the people here have so much potential. Remember that and remember your words and your actions represent who you are, and in cases like these, it does matter what people think about you unfortunately.
    yah it does

curiousgeorge341

Champion
    curiousgeorge341
    curiousgeorge341 curiousgeorge341

Dude you're like genuinely the best person on this server xD

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme

I realize your not online, but gg my dude. This is true savagery at it's finest

Kovurs

Titan
    Kovurs
    Kovurs Kovurs

GG. Thanks btw.