• IP Copied!
  • Changing the rules + /ignore

DrinkYourMilk
    DrinkYourMilk DrinkYourMilk
    I think one rule that should be changed as I find it very annoying is the rule "character spam". i understand that can be very annoying having people spam constantly. but I've found myself in many situations where i have no more than one or even just a quarter of "minecraft chat" of character spam and I get warned pretty much ASAP. I think this rule should be bumped down to if you character spam 3 separate chat messages within a few minutes or so then you get warned because I don't find it fair to our community. Another thing we need to act on more is foreign languages in /shout I find it very annoying and tell people not to do it and keep it in local chat even though it's a rule and they seem not to listen. I'm not saying the staff don't do enough but maybe they need to focus on other thing than they are right now. Lastly I'd like to bring up /ignore. Most of you should know by now that /ignore is away of personally muting someone this would be really helpful since I find myself and others constantly gwtting spammed by: 'can i have 10k' 'got any extra gear?' 'please i really need 1k my mom has cancer' (when i say that there mom has cancer I've got a message saying that once before and I'm not taking it as a joke so please don't get offended) or something. Anyway that's it...and looking back that is a pretty big rant...

-Milk

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    Adding /ignore as a command has been a suggestion for a very long time (people were complaining about this when I first joined back in 2015).
    If the staff haven't added it yet, I assume it's not on their current priority list or it's been rejected. They may also be busy with larger problems (glitches/bugs in TMD, updates, MineWars, etc.)

- My $0.02

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    i think we should be friendlier to people who speak different languages and allow them to speak however they want (and i believe that's a violation of the first amendment)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    True, but technically they are typing, not speaking. Idk if that counts as "freedom of speech", more than "freedom of typing"

DrinkYourMilk
    DrinkYourMilk DrinkYourMilk
    i think we should be friendlier to people who speak different languages and allow them to speak however they want (and i believe that's a violation of the first amendment)

Maybe they add *slash*s2 on (sorry my slash key isnt working)`which is a second shout channel for foreign languages.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    You all forget that those of us that live under a constitution that allows freedom of speech doesn't mean that owners of establishments, be them concrete or digital, are forced by law to allow this amendment. While on private property, you are subject to whatever rules and regulations that that establishment has set. Remember, if you don't like the rules, the door is always open.

That being said, it is great news that Nick has announced /ignore is being added. Also, a second shout channel for those that don't speak English would be a courteous thing for them to have at their disposal. One thing I am unhappy about involves Team Speak. Players creating channels and then playing kicking games to the AFK room which is where I usually reside. I could mute TS but I use it as a chat platform and I need to hear if I get a message. Having to hear someone being kicked and moving from my channel 50 times in 2 or 3 hours (for 2 days now), get's pretty darn annoying. To top it off, when asking their channel admin to please stop I get digital finger.

I actually had to ask a mod to go talk to them so it would stop. That is something I shouldn't ever have to bother a mod about, ever. It made me feel stupid and childish, but diplomacy wasn't working. TS isn't a toy, it's a tool. And I doubt you run around chasing your siblings or friends with a power drill or a weed wacker. So those of you who do this on TS, if you read this, please consider this before using your channel admin abilities. Thanks.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    You all forget that those of us that live under a constitution that allows freedom of speech doesn't mean that owners of establishments, be them concrete or digital, are forced by law to allow this amendment. While on private property, you are subject to whatever rules and regulations that that establishment has set. Remember, if you don't like the rules, the door is always open.

That being said, it is great news that Nick has announced /ignore is being added. Also, a second shout channel for those that don't speak English would be a courteous thing for them to have at their disposal. One thing I am unhappy about involves Team Speak. Players creating channels and then playing kicking games to the AFK room which is where I usually reside. I could mute TS but I use it as a chat platform and I need to hear if I get a message. Having to hear someone being kicked and moving from my channel 50 times in 2 or 3 hours (for 2 days now), get's pretty darn annoying. To top it off, when asking their channel admin to please stop I get digital finger.

I actually had to ask a mod to go talk to them so it would stop. That is something I shouldn't ever have to bother a mod about, ever. It made me feel stupid and childish, but diplomacy wasn't working. TS isn't a toy, it's a tool. And I doubt you run around chasing your siblings or friends with a power drill or a weed wacker. So those of you who do this on TS, if you read this, please consider this before using your channel admin abilities. Thanks.
    Yah ur right i hate that but whatevs

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    At least the staff don't actively ban people that manage to kill them in pvp, or threaten players with a ban if they don't like what a player is doing. They handle things in a professional and "out of sight, out of mind," way. This is how it should be. They don't interfere with normal game play unless its an emergency and the game goes uninterrupted. I've been on servers that required you to pay a mod or admin items or diamonds if you wanted to stay on their good side. I didn't stay there long. Be glad that doesn't happen here!

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    At least the staff don't actively ban people that manage to kill them in pvp, or threaten players with a ban if they don't like what a player is doing. They handle things in a professional and "out of sight, out of mind," way. This is how it should be. They don't interfere with normal game play unless its an emergency and the game goes uninterrupted. I've been on servers that required you to pay a mod or admin items or diamonds if you wanted to stay on their good side. I didn't stay there long. Be glad that doesn't happen here!
    I sure am glad too, thanks Helpers/Mods/_Nickk for everything you guys have done to help out the server!