• IP Copied!
  • Creating an alternate resource pack

Prfct5th

I really like the server that's going here; it's realistic, but a personal pet peeve of mine is that the colors in your resource pack seem really, dull if you get what I mean. After about an hour it puts a moderate strain on my eyes that doesn't feel too good; and personally, I'm not the biggest fan of 3D textures.

On a previous server (Brawl's Popular Days), I helped create a cartoonish resource pack with animated 2D textures. I'll show a couple of pics here -

jXjWr2k.png

3A5ZUpk.png

bNrsIxw.png

I've been trying to figure out how your server interprets each damage value. At first I tried adding each image to it's number in the modeling folder Ex - RPG - 1338305488. But that didn't really work, I am coming here to ask you if you can hook me up with someone who knows how to work this resource pack.

EDIT - The resource pack that I'm purposing once more originally got 5300 downloads, so y'know, my work is pretty good.

Regards,
    Prfct5th

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I really like the server that's going here; it's realistic, but a personal pet peeve of mine is that the colors in your resource pack seem really, dull if you get what I mean. After about an hour it puts a moderate strain on my eyes that doesn't feel too good; and personally, I'm not the biggest fan of 3D textures.

On a previous server (Brawl's Popular Days), I helped create a cartoonish resource pack with animated 2D textures. I'll show a couple of pics here -

jXjWr2k.png

3A5ZUpk.png

bNrsIxw.png

I've been trying to figure out how your server interprets each damage value. At first I tried adding each image to it's number in the modeling folder Ex - RPG - 1338305488. But that didn't really work, I am coming here to ask you if you can hook me up with someone who knows how to work this resource pack.

EDIT - The resource pack that I'm purposing once more originally got 5300 downloads, so y'know, my work is pretty good.

Regards,
    Prfct5th
    Talk to the guy who made the map and stuff ill post his name soon

Prfct5th

No theres a guy whoalready dies this he made a map and some other things
    There's a person who already makes resource packs? Hook me up!

Did a search and found @ChlngeAccepted , that's not what I mean. He's editing the pre-made 3D textures. I'm talking adding custom 2D textures. All he's doing is editing the original sprites, I need to figure out how to make the server recognize my textures.

IgnitingIce

Owner
    IgnitingIce
    IgnitingIce IgnitingIce

jXjWr2k.png

3A5ZUpk.png

bNrsIxw.png

Regards,
    Prfct5th

You'd have to still have a model representing each texture- that model would be rather simple and just need to specify where the flat texture to use is. I've attached an example of what you'd need to make one of the .json models look like to specify a texture. In the case of the one attached, when put in the right place (minecraft/models/guns) with all the other files with similar names, it would create a default tool view for a texture named "AK-47" in the minecraft/textures/guns folder (which you could clear all the other images out of). The only issue with the file attached is that for attachment purposes it is a .txt file, and would need to be "saved as" as a .json to work. Hopefully this makes sens to at least you. feel free to respond with any questions.

Attachments

• AK47_NOSCOPE_NORMAL.txt
      96 bytes · Views: 9

Prfct5th

You'd have to still have a model representing each texture- that model would be rather simple and just need to specify where the flat texture to use is. I've attached an example of what you'd need to make one of the .json models look like to specify a texture. In the case of the one attached, when put in the right place (minecraft/models/guns) with all the other files with similar names, it would create a default tool view for a texture named "AK-47" in the minecraft/textures/guns folder (which you could clear all the other images out of). The only issue with the file attached is that for attachment purposes it is a .txt file, and would need to be "saved as" as a .json to work. Hopefully this makes sens to at least you. feel free to respond with any questions.

Ok I think I get it, yesterday I figured that much out and was trying to figure out how to write the .json file. Surprise, couldn't figure it out. I'll try it later this morning 'cause it's 3am my time right now. I'll put the pack up here after it's done.

Thanks!

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    There's a person who already makes resource packs? Hook me up!

Did a search and found @ChlngeAccepted , that's not what I mean. He's editing the pre-made 3D textures. I'm talking adding custom 2D textures. All he's doing is editing the original sprites, I need to figure out how to make the server recognize my textures.
    yup chlnge is the guy

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    *Sniff Sniff* I smell a challenge.
    The reason I enjoy the 3D textures is because they're a challenge (ha) to work with. 2D textures would be easy. I just need to overwrite the 3D textures and make them 2D again.
    Want me to give it a shot?

Prfct5th

*Sniff Sniff* I smell a challenge.
    The reason I enjoy the 3D textures is because they're a challenge (ha) to work with. 2D textures would be easy. I just need to overwrite the 3D textures and make them 2D again.
    Want me to give it a shot?

Actually yeah that sounds really cool. The reason it's hard for me is because I'm an artist not a pack maker.

Let's make our packs and compare that sounds lit

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Actually yeah that sounds really cool. The reason it's hard for me is because I'm an artist not a pack maker.

Let's make our packs and compare that sounds lit
    So which part am I doing? You're making the actual pictures and I'm putting the pack together?