• IP Copied!
  • Current Staff Ratings and Reviews

Do you, as a player approve of the current staff? Please elaborate in comments section.

• The staff aren't helpful and we need reform!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Longis_Dongus

Dear fellow players,

I want to know other people's opinions on the current staff members. I personally feel like the current staff members need to start focusing on catching hackers rather than using SocialSpy to see what people are saying. This is NOT a thread to talk badly about the staff, just to have easier communication between what staff members that are in place are doing their job right, which ones need to removed, and which ones are completely incompetent and should not be in the position that they have right now. This means if they are abusing their power as staff members. I am creating this thread because of how many mixed feelings I have heard about staff from players and honestly more bad than good.

- Jprimavera

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Staff are ok, but the rules of the server need fixxing.
    From the rules page
    First line of the rules page says "staff can punish for rules not listed". How does one avoid doing something wrong if they do not know it is wrong?

"Inappropriate chat" needs better definition, since the word inappropriate is in itself opinion based. Ex Joe may think talking about the holocaust is inappropriate but Bob may think it is fine to talk about.

"Verbal disrespect" disrespect, or rather its root respect, is an interpreted word. Ex Joe gets muted for calling Bob fat, even though Bob is fine with the joke. Because both Joe and Bob view it as a joke, they do not see any disrespect between each other, whereas an outside viewer may think Joe is just being a cuck. My point is, you (the staff) should ask the person if what was said was ok or not. In my example, asking Bob if he was ok with the joke rather than immediately punishing Joe would be the better route.

"Macros" Specifically the part about gaming mice. You cant just ban someone for the hardware they play on. That would be like banning someone who has a much greater fps count than everyone else because greater fps gives an advantage in pvp.

"Inappropriate skins/usernames" Inappropriate is an opinion word, please specify. The definitions, specifically the "can be considered inappropriate" are also biased, since I could consider any boy/girl skin to be offensive. Would you guys really ban everyone who has a skin with a gender because it is deemed offensive?

"Bypassing chat filter" in direct messages should be allowed (unless it causes problems). If im spamming someone calling them an ***, and they do not like what I am saying, a punishment is justified. If they are fine with the language, nothing should be done (since only the recipient of the message should be seeing the message)

"Map exploit" needs a better definition. Perhaps specify that any area that is glitched into?

That is all.

like_a_pig

like_a_pig
    like_a_pig like_a_pig
    I geek like we need more active staff... Helpers are ok as they are Brand new And they are hyped about their rank, but the rest except for beasty, Kendra, katitude are really inactive (incineration only gets on to do csgo deals)

Incineration

Mythical
    Incineration
    Incineration Incineration
    Dear fellow players,

I want to know other people's opinions on the current staff members. I personally feel like the current staff members need to start focusing on catching hackers rather than using SocialSpy to see what people are saying. This is NOT a thread to talk badly about the staff, just to have easier communication between what staff members that are in place are doing their job right, which ones need to removed, and which ones are completely incompetent and should not be in the position that they have right now. This means if they are abusing their power as staff members. I am creating this thread because of how many mixed feelings I have heard about staff from players and honestly more bad than good.

- Jprimavera

I agree on this. I haven't been on lately due to issues I'd rather not tell, so when i get back ill make sure to do this.

Also, if you have any suspected hackers, please make a support ticket so when I'm on i can watch them.

I geek like we need more active staff... Helpers are ok as they are Brand new And they are hyped about their rank, but the rest except for beasty, Kendra, katitude are really inactive (incineration only gets on to do csgo deals)

Funny, it might seem like I'm not on a lot, but I am more then you think. Its because TMD-1 is a large player base server (thats why i ask for deals), with staff normally on it so i help out other servers that need my assistance.

Also, please take into account helpers jobs are much easier then mods. Jr Mods+ deal with many tickets each day and some of the mods have issues that need to be resolved before they can go and spectate potential hackers.

Longis_Dongus

You make some great points! I appreciate your contribution to giving feedback to staff. To be honest I am totally sick of some of the staff being able to get away with abusing privileges. Not all are bad of course.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    "Inappropriate skins/usernames" Inappropriate is an opinion word, please specify. The definitions, specifically the "can be considered inappropriate" are also biased, since I could consider any boy/girl skin to be offensive. Would you guys really ban everyone who has a skin with a gender because it is deemed offensive
    They're talking about skins with ****s or other vulgar things, such as swastikas and stuff. That's all offensive and "inappropriate." You're whole post seems like a petty nit-picking child who doesn't want to follow the rules. It's all self-explanatory.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    You make some great points! I appreciate your contribution to giving feedback to staff. To be honest I am totally sick of some of the staff being able to get away with abusing privileges. Not all are bad of course.
    If there are any staff members currently abusing privileges, please feel free to contact me privately and if you have information, please provide so.

For inappropriate chat, it is pretty basic to know what is inappropriate and what isn't. ****** intercourse or using words as a substitute to male or female parts wouldn't be appropriate, as an example; that's mostly what I see.

For "how do we know which rules aren't listed", it honestly depends on the situation, but it's never been a bias decision to that sort of situation as we have evidence to that, and rules that aren't listed is either severe or connected to certain server offenses.

Disrespect / verbal abuse -> We wouldn't punish someone for calling another fat, an idiot, rude, etc. It's for more serious things such as cussing someone out, telling someone to end their life, and more in that area. If you're joking to the person about something that's normally disrespectful, I usually ask the person if they were okay with it and I remove the punishment even if they are, but tell them not to do that as I take that sort of thing seriously.

Inappropriate skins -> This corresponds to discrimination skins (Hitler is the prime example), any naked skins, etc; I am pretty sure bikinis are fine as well as trunks.

Macros -> From what I know, if you are using or download anything that gives you an unfair advantage, it isn't permitted. Honestly it reminds me of people with hacks on TMD. If you have a hack client in your logs when you went on TMD, it's still bannable as you have something against the rules on the server when the rules clearly state not to have it or use it. Macro mouse is the same thing, if you have it, you could be using it, and it's not fair to others who play the game fairly.

Map exploit -> I am pretty sure this is ruining, editing, destroying someone's map or plagiarism saying it's your map when it isn't, but I'm not entirely sure as that's not something I see that often.

I hope this helps ^-^

@ArmenTheHeli @JPrimavera

~Katitude

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    They're talking about skins with ****s or other vulgar things, such as swastikas and stuff. That's all offensive and "inappropriate." You're whole post seems like a petty nit-picking child who doesn't want to follow the rules. It's all self-explanatory.

Anyone can be a "petty nit-picking child" don't run this circle w/Armen

You'll get roasted.

Anyway, I could have a Black or White Skin or Yellow skin with slits as eyes, is that deemed offensive? There are tons of Usernames that could be deemed inappropriate as well...

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    But wait, im banned on havoc so why would I not want to follow rules if I cant even play on the server? As for the nit-picking, i am trying to make the rules less confusing by pointing out areas that could use more specifics. This would also clear some confusion that anyone could have after a punishment.

Eggs dee (would put the discord egg emoji, but there isn't one so.....)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Anyone can be a "petty nit-picking child" don't run this circle w/Armen

You'll get roasted.

Anyway, I could have a Black or White Skin or Yellow skin with slits as eyes, is that deemed offensive? There are tons of Usernames that could be deemed inappropriate as well...
    also Dd im sure its fine, since your yellow :p

6pe

Titan
    6pe
    6pe 6pe
    I have been playing TMD for like 3 years and in my opinion I have seen a massive improvement of staff this Update, Before they were a lot of problems with staff example: slow at replying to tickets, Falsely banning people, and back then there were rarely anyone on. This update they have improved a lot! But a few things I would really like them to fix are:

Knowing how to screen share properly

And ways of PvPing.. Now.. I know what you're thinking. Staff are there to do their jobs and moderate chat and ban hackers and help people, and yes that is correct, But nowadays people are getting banned for stupid reasons..
    Example: Chewables, he got banned for 'autoclicker' when in calls I have heard him click, just cos he reaches 20cps does not mean it is auto, You can reach 20cps in a lot of ways... (I say a lot but there are 2 common ways)
    DragClicking
    And Butterflyclicking.

Also, a few people like Levituz and Myself were banned for 'having a smooth aim' aka Kilaura. Staff should really watch, idk, Stimpy and play PvP servers more often that way it will help staff know the difference between 'legit' and 'hacking'

Yesterday I was frozen by Beastyhardy when I was 1v1ing CrizonX, I don't have any idea why he froze me, but I'm assuming he thought it was Killaura. First of he was screensharing me he found nothing suspicious but at the end he banned me for

Having a screenshot of Flux whilst I was on TMD
    Now, on October I got unbanned after I was banned in June for Killaura... This was the screenshot of when I was hacking in June , he thought It was a screenshot from after I got unbanned but it was indeed a screenshot from 2 days before I got banned.

Now this isn't an appeal but thsee are a bunch of ways staff can improve :D

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    Stop rating staff like their a damn toy, they breathe just like you. They’re players too they play the server to have fun and help. Staff Team still needs to work on their screensharing but that’s pretty much it, and for the rules use common sense play how game was meant to be played and respect others.

Just show staff your hacks, and they won’t ban you. I do it all the time, staff like cheaters not legit players. ;)

Last edited:

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    But wait, im banned on havoc so why would I not want to follow rules if I cant even play on the server? As for the nit-picking, i am trying to make the rules less confusing by pointing out areas that could use more specifics. This would also clear some confusion that anyone could have after a punishment.

Eggs dee (would put the discord egg emoji, but there isn't one so.....)
    Then why do you even care? You were most likely banned for a good reason. And the rules are pretty straightforward. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine what is inappropriate and what isn't. Listen, if you have to ask yourself if it is or is not vulgar, then it is most likely inappropriate. Understand? It's common sense, my friend.

-Cat

egmp1

Mythical
    egmp1
    egmp1 egmp1
    All the staff are very helpful in my opinion.
    I dont see why people hate on the staff, they haven't done anything wrong. I have talked to many staff members and they are the nicest people on the server.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Then why do you even care? You were most likely banned for a good reason. And the rules are pretty straightforward. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine what is inappropriate and what isn't. Listen, if you have to ask yourself if it is or is not vulgar, then it is most likely inappropriate. Understand? It's common sense, my friend.

-Cat
    Im trying to help the server improve. you say that if I need to ask myself if something is vulgar, then it probably is. Heres the problem with that statememt. If it were true, then nothing ive seen on havoc would be vulgar, because there is a difference between a naked minecraft skin vs someone who is actually naked. That difference is as follows

you are interpreting the naked skin as nudity, but in case you didnt know, it is just a bunch of colored pixels. Your mind is what changes the meaning of these pixels into something you do not like. I on the other hand view the skin for what it is, pixels. The pixels are a product of computer code assigning colored regions to a model. My point is, as stated in another post, the word inapropriate is what makes those rules not work. What they could do is make a list of skins and phrases that they interpret as bad, that way there are specific dos and donts.

Also attacks on my opinion dont work, I stand by them even if you cant understand the point I am trying to get at. This is over, dont bother replying, etc.

Eggs dee

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    you are interpreting the naked skin as nudity, but in case you didnt know, it is just a bunch of colored pixels. Your mind is what changes the meaning of these pixels into something you do not like. I on the other hand view the skin for what it is, pixels. The pixels are a product of computer code assigning colored regions to a model. My point is, as stated in another post, the word inapropriate is what makes those rules not work. What they could do is make a list of skins and phrases that they interpret as bad, that way there are specific dos and donts.
    The reality it, though, that those pixels can be used to create vulgar images. Just because you think the shape of a ***** or whatever other vulgarity is just some pile of code, doesn't mean that, in reality, it is ***** or other inserted inappropriate content. Oh, and in case you're wondering here is the definition of "inappropriate":

Inappropriate:
    adjective
    1. not suitable or proper in the circumstances.
      "there are penalties for inappropriate behavior"
      synonyms: unsuitable, unfitting, unseemly, unbecoming, unbefitting, improper, impolite
    Note that it has a negative connotation. You might as well go to every single server and rant about how "inappropriate" means nothing, as you believe it is a subjective word, since I assure you that they use the terms "inappropriate language, skins, acts, etc" in their rules as well.

I'm not attacking your opinion, I'm merely trying to show you that there's nothing wrong with your argument, as it is convoluted.
    I will reply as much as I need to.

-Cat