• IP Copied!
  • Distractions

ChiefyMcNeil
    ChiefyMcNeil ChiefyMcNeil
    This is an idea I've had for a while now but never made a post on. There are a few differences between the walkers in the show and the walkers in The Mining Dead, one being how they are attracted to sound. In the game, the walkers just spawn as you spend time in an area and follow you if you get near, but what I think would be cool is if you could do things to either direct the walker's attention to a different area or towards yourself.

This can be done by...

-Anything that creates loud sound (Grenades, Gunshot, Vehicles, etc.).

-Throwing knives and spears (added in the next update) could make sound if you miss.

-Fire and flares.

-Throwable glass bottles to redirect walkers.

-Adding car alarms to vehicles you don't own.

-Dead corpses. In the new update, if your kill wasn't a headshot, a corpse will spawn. What if this slowed the walkers and led them to eat the corpses. This could be both animal or human.

These are just a few ideas I had while playing the game. I don't know whether or not there has been any posts on this subject, but if you know of any please let me know, I would like to read them and maybe my post can add to it. If you have any ideas or changes you would make to this, please share.

skrt_mach1n3

Champion
    mcdabberson
    mcdabberson mcdabberson
    But since now walkers are a bit useless rn, i think they shud make walkers stronger if not glass bottles will be quite pointless since you can kill one with a dull knife

Nathan372

I love this idea! I feel this is the biggest thing TMD is missing right now, because if you think back to the show, alot of stuff happens becuase of walkers following noise.

I have seen several posts on this subject in some form regarding walkers being attracted/distracted/drawn to noise. It should definitly be added! :)

ChiefyMcNeil
    But since now walkers are a bit useless rn, i think they shud make walkers stronger if not glass bottles will be quite pointless since you can kill one with a dull knife
    Tru, but you'd be surprised how bad the walkers can get if they're in large numbers, especially for newer players. Also, with the reset coming, it'll be easier to mess up and get bit.

StephenPeters

Mythical
    xEmilia
    xEmilia xEmilia
    This is an idea I've had for a while now but never made a post on. There are a few differences between the walkers in the show and the walkers in The Mining Dead, one being how they are attracted to sound. In the game, the walkers just spawn as you spend time in an area and follow you if you get near, but what I think would be cool is if you could do things to either direct the walker's attention to a different area or towards yourself.

This can be done by...

-Throwing knives and spears (added in the next update) could make sound if you miss.

-Fire and flares.

-Dead corpses. In the new update, if your kill wasn't a headshot, a corpse will spawn. What if this slowed the walkers and led them to eat the corpses. This could be both animal or human.

These are just a few ideas I had while playing the game. I don't know whether or not there has been any posts on this subject, but if you know of any please let me know, I would like to read them and maybe my post can add to it. If you have any ideas or changes you would make to this, please share.

Cool idea. I'm with you.

Chick_Fil_A_Jr

This can be done by...

-Fire and flares.

This sounds cool and all but walkers are not really a big part of the game. For players in Jugg or riot they are a minor inconvenience. And new players that die to walkers commonly can just shoot them. So i really dont see how this would be used in the game.

Shallowing

Mythical
    Shallowing
    Shallowing Shallowing
    I love all of it, it would be very potential in the future. And yes I do agree that the walkers would get out of hand and many newer players will die. But at the same time I have died when I was a beginner from getting bitten. So with or without it you can still die from getting bitten by walkers. People have also complained about not having enough hords so this would fix that problem!^-^

ChiefyMcNeil
    This sounds cool and all but walkers are not really a big part of the game. For players in Jugg or riot they are a minor inconvenience. And new players that die to walkers commonly can just shoot them. So i really dont see how this would be used in the game.
    idk tho, shouldn't we make it a bigger factor? Its the walking dead, what makes it different is the walkers, so why not make them a bit more interesting :p