• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Hello HavocMC!

So a lot of players have been spreading around that TMD is "bad" or that the server is "dying". I've heard so many complaints, I've heard ideas on how to fix it, and I've heard players freaking out at staff who can't control the situation and do not deserve such treatment. Due to this, I had an idea.

This thread is for explaining EVERYTHING you do not like that can be changed, but you must explain why and how. This thread stays open, unless you consult me first, please.

It's not often that I of all people create a thread specifically for players to rant about what they don't like about the server; I've realized that many people don't, or aren't able to communicate the way staff want you to generally because some people are fed up and angry, and calmly saying what you don't like isn't as easy as said. I have rules to this thread however, keep the peace.

Rules:

1. READ THE RULES. This is your chance to say everything you don't like, and it'll be sent to higher staff afterwards if they don't see it.

2. No arguing: Just because you have an opinion, don't make it someone else's problem because they don't agree with you. Opinions are never right, otherwise they'd be called facts.

3. No calling out players or staff members: You have the right to say if you don't agree with something, but no calling people out; if it's that serious, message me privately and I will be able to help you resolve the issue if need be.

4. Don't complain/vent without fact. It's annoying to see someone complain about what they don't like, but it's amazing to see people add reasoning and their explanation; this allows players to communicate without being hated on for having an opinion. You just have to be civil about it, and add detail so it can actually be looked into. I'm not guaranteeing
    anything, but just follow these guidelines and it may pay off.

5. If you can, provide proof. Examples, videos, screenshots, etc. If there are visuals, and multiple people do not like the server because of the issue and it is impacting their activity on the server, there's no harm in sharing it for the good of the server.

Curious whether this will work as well as I hope it will.
    Happy hunger games, and may the odds be ever in your favour.

~ Katitude

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    EXAMPLE RESPONSE FORMAT.

I don't agree with / I don't like ________ on the server because...

[Reasoning]

[Possible changes]

[Examples, if any]

[Restatement of what you'd like to see changed]

Username, and [Optional] any communication apps you use (Teamspeak, Discord, Skype, etc)

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    The server is dying.

[Reasoning]
    - Popular YouTubers have made videos of the server
    - YouTubers with 200k+ Subscribers

[Possible changes]
    - Listen to the players
    - Have weekly polls that have a response for what should be added
    - Add the poll link to the MOTD (message of the day), the message you get upon joining a server

[Examples, if any]
    -
    -

I would like to see more communication for updates between owners and players. More polls for open suggestions. Also changelog should be used more often.

Username, and [Optional] any communication apps you use (Teamspeak, Discord, Skype, etc)
    Lostical#2089 (Discord)

- Brian F.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Both YouTubers have over 250,000 subscribers, and the one video alone has like 700,000 views, and the servers gets 200 players on a good day.
    I'm still confused.... Are you saying they're hurting the player base? In theory, it's GOOD to have YouTubers who play on our server...

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    I mean people watch minecraft videos just for entertainment and not to join a server and I imagine a good amount re-watch it as well. Still 200 is pretty good considering how TMD started out in the beginning with a single digit player base and so far on a good day we have reached over 350 (on a good day).

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Ah, I got a good one: The server isn't dying but beginning to have a new playerbase since many players have quit for either other games or just grown out of TMD. People who were part of the old playerbase complain a lot since the changes are way too fast and not actually tested by players and instead of staff members...this is one reason why we probably need to have beta servers or something. Additionally, this server can't make actual changes if they always go back to appealing to the older playerbase...

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    The server is dying.

[Reasoning]
    - Popular YouTubers have made videos of the server
    - YouTubers with 200k+ Subscribers

[Possible changes]
    - Listen to the players
    - Have weekly polls that have a response for what should be added
    - Add the poll link to the MOTD (message of the day), the message you get upon joining a server

[Examples, if any]
    -
    -

I would like to see more communication for updates between owners and players. More polls for open suggestions. Also changelog should be used more often.

Lostical#2089 (Discord)

- Brian F.
    the top video isnt even this server...

JewishBagel

Famous
    JewishBagel
    JewishBagel JewishBagel
    I appreciate your comments, but be advised, the owners have been stuffed with many options and many things recently(one is on vacation, the other is on hiatus, the third is working his *** off when he can, be advised school is main priority). Change logs aren't that neccesary at the moment due to the fact of the update polls are basically what's updated, and everything is normally stated in an update post. Once more stuff is actually added that's not a major update, I could see a change log coming into affect. I could see them more useful on discord listed than anywhere else, but I believe Wobiee would be a good fit to get these posted on both if Jacob decides to only get it on the server. The staff team is going through revamps at all times, so it really depends on the staff at the moment what they can do(it's not an easy job for any of them).

Main reason people say "the server is dying": Old players do not enjoy the newest map(aka before atlanta looked tiny and what not and now it actually looks realistic). I still believe you could get a lot of players back with the old map, old cdc, atlanta all of that, but according to multiple sources, this map would not be coming back. Trust me, I've given them multiple ways to show it again(varies from making it a tmd-3 server or even a whitelisted p2p server), but I doubt it would happen, as the new map offers many more options with it than the old map ever could of.

There is a way more important matter at the moment the owners are working on at the moment, therefore there will not be many changes as of late unless it's small weekly changes, but I speak to the owners nearly everyday and can verify one of the major things needs to be dealt with before more can be offered.

Youtubers making a 5 video series on a server will not benefit the server with 100s of players, maybe about 20-30 will stay around, but most tend to enjoy the youtuber for the content, not what he's playing on, but don't get me wrong, this helps the server more than the eyes can see.

Lastly, Staff is doing to the best of their ability what they can do with what powers they have. Be advised that many of the higher staff team can work with the community more than lower staff can(mainly speaking of Helpers because they can offer help in game but not far outside without having to consult a Jr Mod+). Many of the higher staff don't really show their face on the server as often as they are dealing with more than just reports and all of that, they are constantly checking on everything and have appeals and stuff to deal with as well.

You can contact me on here if you need to speak with me about anything, even though I might not be staff anymore, I see lots of changes that are being made behind closed doors that cannot be spoken about due to the amount of items on the agenda to do for developers and owners. You have to think about how owners and devs(which change constantly) what they can get done in the matter of a month. It's a lot to own a server and operate it to it's fullest capacity while making time to deal with bug fixes as well as other things. DO NOT BE TOXIC TO STAFF. They can help, but many of them have to resort to higher-ups in order to give you answers about something, so be patient as well.

Thanks for your time.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Trust me, I've given them multiple ways to show it again(varies from making it a tmd-3 server or even a whitelisted p2p server), but I doubt it would happen, as the new map offers many more options with it than the old map ever could of.
    The map is gone. Like, we don't have the files anymore.
    Many of the higher staff don't really show their face on the server as often as they are dealing with more than just reports and all of that, they are constantly checking on everything and have appeals and stuff to deal with as well.
    Also, we're almost always in /admin (vanish)

Jewish Bagel, you couldn't have said it any better.