Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    escape-from-tarkov-logo-jpg.4234
    eft5-png-36c17bac914e221b4d4353a6d6fab52e-png.4236

Hello, it's Rejante, if you hadn't known I'm back and better than ever. Anyways, getting onto the topic of this very long thread. (Which I have turned into paragraphs for better viewing purposes!)

INTRODUCTION
    As of late, I have been getting into the game Escape From Tarkov. Despite it being in heavy development right now, it's concept is very unique, and I think it would be cool to see it recreated in Minecraft. I know that Havoc is currently very occupied with the release of Mine Wars 2.0 coming up, and TMD getting revamped here and there, but I'm just listing an idea. Anyways, Escape From Tarkov is a survival based game, which you go into raids on certain maps, for example large maps like Woods, small maps like Factory, and many more. Escape From Tarkov, if the name doesn't ring any bells, is set in Russia, in a place called Tarkov. The goal of the game is simple, basically, the goal is to kill players, and AI. Why do I want this on Havoc specifically?
    Well.
    Here's it.
    HavocMC, specifically TMD is very focused on PVP and survival, and immersion. what I'm thinking is a very combat-based tactical shooter, like TMD, but in a different setting, a much more hostile, unknown setting, that requires a lot more time and patience put in to become successful, whereas TMD takes way less time to get into. What I'm suggesting is a very big project, that without a doubt would be successful- whether or not you know what Escape From Tarkov is. Gear- on the other hand, is much more scarce, and the game puts a lot of focus on the aspect of survival. Broken legs means you can't move without a splint, fresh wounds are fresh, and can open again, painkillers stop pain, for a certain amount of time, bleeding is very common when you get shot, and medication is reusable to certain extents, and if you don't pay attention to your hydration levels, you will die of thirst decently quickly. This gamemode is just a dream to myself, and with Havoc catering it's work more towards TMD, I don't think it will ever be possible.
    FACTIONS
    Scavs, are AI that are equipped with cheap guns, mostly Russian, they are located on each map, traveling in bands of 3-4. Despite them carrying cheap guns, usually missing parts, they are still a great threat to the player. Scav gameplay is more or less just spawning in as a Scav, that meaning the player spawns in skinned as a Scav, and can speak literally only Russian, this also means you won't be killed by other Scavs, unless you aggro them, by attacking them, or simply flipping them the middle finger. (Which you can do in game.) Another thing being implemented fairly soon, is Scav Bosses, meaning powerful bosses that will give many rewards. The one being added, is a Scav that relies on grunts to fight. Said grunts are in a lot of gear, and pack a lot of firepower. The player, you, is a PMC, or Private Military Contractor, with two factions that could be selected, providing different skill stats, the Russian PMC, or BEAR, (Battle Encounter Assault Regiment), is more focused on the native firearms, such as anything of the Kalashnikov Series, such as the AKM, or AK47 as it's better known, or you can select the Western USEC, which focuses on the use of Western equipment, like the M4a1, or anything of that sort. You can team up with other players, or go in solo and fight players. One of the important things about USEC, PMC, and Scavs, are the fact that they are not on teams. (And the fact that USEC only speaks English.) A very important part of Tarkov is communication. Tarkov, being the game it is, you don't know anyone's name until you get their dog tag- off their dead body, unless you spawn in with them. Tarkov has a decently complex communication system, players being able to communicate through voice commands, the only problem being is that BEAR PMCs and Scavs only speak Russian. The common solution in-game, is the wiggle. The wiggle is a non-verbal cue that a player is friendly. Even though you get shot in the head a lot, the wiggle will save you if you are a poor player running a map against players who actually give mercy.
    AFTER THE ESCAPE
    If you are to exfil from Tarkov, then you have access to your Stash. Which, could have effects depending on ranks, such as size increases if you are a higher rank. An important part of storage is the fact that different items take up different spaces, for example an M4a1 would take up 2x4 spaces, and could be rotated for storage purposes, and bags would take up roughly the size it holds; and could be stacked in each other, but the space be taken up by its size. Also in the menu, where the stash is located, are traders. Traders provide gear for currency, and different traders take different currency. The most common currency is Rubles, which is the Russian currency, which you can buy medical supplies from a one, Therapist, or guns from Prapor, attachments from Mechanic, clothing from Ragman, or mostly semi-auto ranged rifles from Skier, you may also transfer the currency to the two other currencies, Dollars, being American, and Euros. Dollars are important if you are buying from Peacekeeper, the American trader, who sells mostly Western gear, such as M4a1s, mods for the M4, mods for the AK, and other weapons like the MPX, MP5, M1A, and Remington RSASS. Fence is basically the Black Market of Tarkov, but more useless. The only thing Fence really does is resell crappy durability guns, attachments, and sometimes rare items. The thing is, all of these weapons are sold by players, and resold by Fence, for a higher price, so unless you're looking to lose money, or just for rare gear, Fence is your guy.
    Tarkov itself is heavily praised as an upcoming Tactical Hardcore FPS, with deep weapon modding, and high quality models, so it is important to note that there is other ways to get guns, ammo, attachments, armor, and anything of that sort, without risking time and gear.
    Another aspect being added after the Escape, is the Hideout. It's practically a lobby for the PMC, which, it's contents are unconfirmed, but from what I know there will be a shooting range.
    GAMEPLAY AND RE-CREATION
    It's a pretty basic game to recreate in Minecraft, since exfiltration is easy to code, as it's basically what we do with /sz, that says "Don't move. For # time", the guns are basic to code, but would be bouncy stat-wise, but I think the real problems in Tarkov would be medication, as it's hard to replicate, but is something simillar to what we did during the time that TMD had pains, but cooldown, and you could still move while using it, another issue in doing this, is the loss of limbs. In Tarkov, you can get limbs shot out, or "Blacked out", as it's called by players in game, which, if shot in the chest, and blacked out, your player starts to pant, creating noise, which could be tracked, but is preventable by painkillers. But, the real issue, is the blacked out legs. If your legs are blacked out, you start to limp, decreasing accuracy, and slowing movement greatly, also temporarily curable by painkillers.
    More about damage and healing here: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Health_and_damage_system
    Another problem would be Armour Stats/balancing. Armour in Tarkov is heavily based on where it is, such as helmets, which protect only your head, and the vests, which protect only your chest. Which is nearly impossible to recreate in Minecraft, as armor stats affect the whole body. Tarkov is less fast-paced and has a more Arma feel to it if you're playing on a large map. If we are able to recreate this, I would provide gun models, but the problem on that end, is the heavy modification of guns. The game itself, being in-dev, still has more things that are implementable, such as open-world gameplay, where all maps would be connected, and would have no time limit, arena gamemodes, player homes that would include a shooting range, and a storyline gamemode, which could be connected to the main game. (I can't confirm this since it's not added.) Safe containers are only accessible on your PMC. Depending on the type of buyer of the game you are, if it were a more expensive version that would grant perks, or if we are to recreate it, the amount of money you have donated, will define whether or not you would get a different safe container. For example, normal players would get an Alpha container. This is a 2x2 container that could fit items. Say for example a player were to donate more, they would get a larger container. In-game, this is the Gamma container. The gamma container is for Media/Higher-paying players. It is a 3x3 container that can fit items.

CONCLUSION AND GAMEPLAY
    Well, if you read through all of this, here's some gameplay. If you have any questions, or feel I left something out, feel free to ask, or tell.
    Want to know more about Tarkov? Read up about everything here.
    https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Escape_from_Tarkov_Wiki
    Enjoy.

I'm going to also be posting some guns I'm texturing for this proposition, even though it'll likely be sent out to another server. (Starting off with AR platforms first.)
    https://imgur.com/a/EVRhrR9

slGyMs6

abfdae32ddebec6d9d1c3aff4c6ba505

Attachments

• eft5.png.36c17bac914e221b4d4353a6d6fab52e.png
      eft5.png.36c17bac914e221b4d4353a6d6fab52e.png
      237 KB · Views: 87
    Last edited:

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Hell Night is doo doo, if it doesn't get fixed, sooner or later we are gonna have to change the gamemode...

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Made a few changes on the thread, regarding gameplay and factions, plus I made it look nice via categorization. Be sure to check out the Imgur link at the bottom of the post for a few textures I'm making for this. (I'm probably going to find somewhere else to move this if not Havoc.)
    bump

Last edited:

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Made a few changes on the thread, regarding gameplay and factions, plus I made it look nice via categorization. Be sure to check out the Imgur link at the bottom of the post for a few textures I'm making for this. (I'm probably going to find somewhere else to move this if not Havoc.)
    bump

Really digging your models.

gabrielmaennl5

Mythical
    gabrielmaennl5
    gabrielmaennl5 gabrielmaennl5
    I like this, also it is possible to detect where a player gets shot in minecraft through plugins.
    Such as the head area, legs, arms or chest.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    I like this, also it is possible to detect where a player gets shot in minecraft through plugins.
    Such as the head area, legs, arms or chest.
    Huh, I didn't know that hit detection existed via plugins. If this ever goes through, whether it be here or elsewhere, I'll be sure to keep it in mind.
    or something.
    this'll probably go nowhere so y'know
    Whatever though, as it stands, the idea is solid, and it could pull through if done correctly, but at this point in time, it's but a dream.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Talk to gifd about this :)
    I haven't spoke to Gifd in a while, not sure why, but he's utterly disappeared. Kinda odd, he has a server up, but I haven't seen him around those parts in forever. I'll consider taking it off to Gifd though. Models and all. If he's up for it at least.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Huh, I didn't know that hit detection existed via plugins. If this ever goes through, whether it be here or elsewhere, I'll be sure to keep it in mind.
    or something.
    this'll probably go nowhere so y'know
    Whatever though, as it stands, the idea is solid, and it could pull through if done correctly, but at this point in time, it's but a dream.
    Could this possibly be implemented for TMD? I'm one of those people who want a bit of realism. Unarmored players get shot in the head, it's over for them. I've read some older threads, and before their was a bleeding function? Could that be implemented again? I remember some of the older functions from 1.9. I loved those functions, plz add them again :)

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Could this possibly be implemented for TMD? I'm one of those people who want a bit of realism. Unarmored players get shot in the head, it's over for them. I've read some older threads, and before their was a bleeding function? Could that be implemented again? I remember some of the older functions from 1.9. I loved those functions, plz add them again :)
    I'm not sure bleeding was ever implemented, and if it was I for whatever reason never experienced it. This is but an idea, but I, or maybe you could make a post regarding realism. I think Escape From Tarkov as a game has a very unique damage system that applies to certain parts of their body, that Havoc could replicate, just for realism purposes. For example, faster dehydration, so that water is more important, broken legs, which could be cured via painkillers, only temporarily, but it would damage you while moving, or cured fully if a splint is applied. Havoc could take a lot of gameplay mechanics regarding health, healing, etc from this game, but ideally, the pvp system is unique as it is, and I think it's what makes havoc unique from other games. But realistically, yes, I think it would be nice to have more realistic damage to players.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    I'm not sure bleeding was ever implemented, and if it was I for whatever reason never experienced it. This is but an idea, but I, or maybe you could make a post regarding realism. I think Escape From Tarkov as a game has a very unique damage system that applies to certain parts of their body, that Havoc could replicate, just for realism purposes. For example, faster dehydration, so that water is more important, broken legs, which could be cured via painkillers, only temporarily, but it would damage you while moving, or cured fully if a splint is applied. Havoc could take a lot of gameplay mechanics regarding health, healing, etc from this game, but ideally, the pvp system is unique as it is, and I think it's what makes havoc unique from other games. But realistically, yes, I think it would be nice to have more realistic damage to players.

They should bring back the one handed and two handed weapons. There was bleeding before.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    They should bring back the one handed and two handed weapons. There was bleeding before.
    o i remember that, and yeah, one and two handed weapons should be re-added, same Thunder's idea of those prosthetic limbs and amputation nd such.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Can someone bring more staff into this thread? I'd really like to relive some of the good old 2016-2017 days