• I am somewhere in the middle.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Hey,

So the Video speaks for itself. @Beetley Will be watching the comments and removing those that are there simply to create drama. The comments are simply for calm level-headed discussion, anything else will be dealt with. Although it is long please watch the whole thing because I feel I have found the best possible way to prevent the decline of Havoc.

Also sorry for my voice.

Snakefangs2004

Mythical
    Snakefangs2004
    Snakefangs2004 Snakefangs2004
    I agree with mostly everything in that video. If those changes was put into the server personally I think a lot more players will join back in and the server would just be better functioning in general. Great job.

BeAwesomeLikeMe

I think it is clear to everyone that Minecraft has been on the decline for some time. Once great minecraft servers have become all but abandoned. Although I am a newer player, I enjoy playing on this server a lot and I want nothing more than for it to have longevity. There have been countless players on the forums who have voiced their opinions about how to bring the server back. In many cases, staff have been blamed for the decline in players. I disagree with this. I feel that the fault is primarily within minecraft's player base as a whole rather than Havoc itself. People have lost interest in the game and moved on to spend their time on other things. That being said, I do think that there are ways to boost Havoc's popularity. The first being that hellnight needs to reward players with more skulls. With the low number of skulls that players are rewarded with currently, it does not make sense to spend time playing hellnight for crates. The second, and this is only my opinion, is that spam pains need to go. With their return, fights become almost completely dependent on who has more money and therefore the most pains. In almost every fight I have seen, the winner is decided not by their skill level but how many pains they were able to afford. Finally and most importantly, I think that the server needs to be advertised. The countless hours that the build team and moderators have put into the server are being wasted because people don't know that Havoc exists. And by advertising, I mean more than voting. Targeted ads through google would be a great way of getting players on to the server. I'm positive that there are plenty of players who would enjoy the unique experience provided by this server. The main problems with the server are not with the game play but simply that not enough people know about it. Word of mouth is another great way of bringing the server back. TELL YOUR FRIENDS! We as players cannot complain about the server's decline if we don't attempt to help the staff in boosting its popularity. Please consider my ideas. I hope you are all doing well and thanks for reading.

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    Good Concept, but I believe owners need decide on if they want to change their processes now and not 6 months down the line. I would appreciate if they opened up now before everyone starts leaving their cristism and ideas to help community in a whole. Why? Well it’s demotivating for me and others (maybe) not seeing Owners in conversation, I know Staff team listening but not the the guys with the controller. So if Owners start now it’ll motivate more of community to leave good ideas or concepts.

Hopefully JacobG or IgnitingIce will assign someone to represent community’s wants now, and listen to feedback that this individual will be providing to the Owners daily. I would love to see another ‘Community Manager’. Owners need to be listening to the new ‘Community Manager’ so the individual doesn’t just resign, because Owners lack of communication. This should be top priority on making right step towards better community.

I agree on almost everything that Ky said, besides TMD-OP stuff but, im done.

Last edited:

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    Great video, very well said and I agree with all the key points and I also really like and support your base idea. As ky is younger then me and more up to date with today's fast young peoples meaning he knows social media and how to do fancy tech stuff I think he should be considered for for Community Manager.

I agree that we all as staff should be more open with players and rules should be more harsh towards toxic behavior.

Also ky your voice, you got the voice of someone who reads children to sleep or narrates a nice story.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    ok this is gonna be a long comment. the owners. I agree that they need to work on communication to put it lightly. I've sent them numerous messages asking them to take hold of the community. I made a thread on forums that was 2 parts attack on owners handling of the community and a plea for them to change. I guess that is not "beneficial" but it led to a good discussion. this is a critical issue and they need to acknowledge this. (thread here- https://havocmc.net/threads/my-brutally-honest-opinion.6457/ )

next. you speak of the moderation team and the drama being common knowledge. obviously what i say next, i have a personal stock in. when i was a helper about 8 months ago, i noted there was a leak in the team. people knew about updates before they were announced. I tracked this leak for weeks. i eventually pinned it on one person who i wont name for sake of no drama. I've since realized that it was not one big leak, but many small ones. I spent a lot of time figuring out where various rumors came from. my conclusion? staff have friends, after all they are players too. however, many of these friends dont know how to keep their mouths shut. "whats the harm of telling 2 of my friends this awesome story?" https://9gag.com/gag/4437818/this-is-how-secrets-spread this coupled with the "telephone theory" leads to rumors- worse yet, inaccurate or exaggerated rumors. information is potent in the wrong hands and can lead to misunderstandings.

what about the info? you mention that we "looked stupid" when the ban reset happened. i couldnt have put it better myself. here is the information chain. owners-> sr mod/admins --> staff meeting (monthly or bi-weekly) --> staff (jr mods,helpers,apprentices)--> server eventually. the problem is the chain is slow, and at times the owners do full 180 turns on what their plans are. That's not ripping at them, im honestly confused on some of their decisions. The info that the srs get downward is useless if the owners change course. and i cant tell you how much it sucks that what are essentially the owner's messengers are taking hate while there is no word from the owners- yes, now im calling them out.

regarding tmdc- i personally dont play on tmdc as im not good at pain spamming, and its just not "my style" of combat. that being said, there is a small but dedicated following on that server. however those players are the same saying tmdop would be the best thing for tmd. at this point our player count is low enough that its worth the gambit. if removing tmd classic and replacing it with tmd op loses those roughly 5 regular players, it wont be a worse call than removing minewars. if tmdop works i can think of about 20+ people offhand that have said that tmdop would "save" havoc. while that may not be the case on its own, it shows there is 4-1 risk reward to this plan. an almost certain increase of 75% at the low risk of 25%? thats a VERY safe gambit.

regarding minewars. As im not staff i dont have specific details on mine wars' progress. What i do know is that most of the maps were done, that many creatures were made, and weapons created. i know they had a dedicated person making side quests for the game. as far as i know the only thing possibly needing to be done was coding on weapons, or creatures. this update was large, and i believe it is the best "insurance policy" that the owners could hope for. from a economic standpoint, both minewars and walking dead are very powerful franchises with a cult following. should one server fall they can invest in the other. both gamemodes are largely unique in terms of servers, and both have insane levels of potential.

regarding tmd kyritic. you said it was 1.8 or 1.9 that the owners didnt want to upgrade from. the reason they thought/think this is because "many players use 1.8 and it may make some quit if we upgrade the server" or something very close to those lines. i aggree with the logic of an upgraded server. honestly? the server is in a dark period and has been for some time. there is still hope or i wouldnt be typing this. but if havoc is to survive- the owners need to grow bolder. they need to take on risks.

regarding owner strategy- im going to use a metaphor. and forgive me because im a history nerd. lets say its ww2. europe is under nazi rule. the allies know they need to take out the nazis. the owners are essentially flying bombers dropping a few, and turning tail. sure that does have some effect, and it may stall the problem for a second. but the problem cant be stopped like this. in this metaphor europe is the server. the nazis are its slow decline and these bombers are the updates over the last several months. what if instead they tried something risky? something bold and decisive? D-Day. that is the update they need. not this potshot thing they have been doing. D-Day came at a terrible cost. many fell, but the allies landed and started slowly but surely taking back europe. this decisive update i speak of will make us lose players. that is a guarantee. but so do these small updates we have been doing. there needs to be loss before gain, hurt before healing. whats that saying? the night is darkest just before the dawn.

community manager "extra" owner- honestly i doubt the owners would hire another unless they trusted them implicitly. that makes sense as owners have the keys to the kingdom so to speak. further, i suspect there would be a substantial "buy-in" cost even if they found someone they trust. community manager is something we had back in the day, you may not remember staff hiring day- but i do- painfully. not many paid attention to peach as community manager. for the rank to work the owners would have to find someone they trust not to leak stuff , that would meet with them, gather information, and distribute it on the forums as well as answer questions. this person would have to be knowledgeable about public relations, calm, patient, and have a lot of time.

staff "leader" - you mentioned this a few times. an admin is one step beneath the owners and i believe the owners appoint them directly.however just because you hold a higher rank does not make you a leader. they may have more authority, but that does not make them a leader. leaders are respected by the people they lead, and are looked to in times of crisis or critical decisions. say what you will about peach- he was a leader. I can say with confidence, i dont think there is anyone on the team currently that shares this talent. all the staff kind of do their own thing. The only person ive spotted is beetley. he knows how to handle power, but is not a crisis leader. if **** hits the fan on the server (say exo comes on with bots and those italians that deleted the map returned to the server, someone may take charge, but that is something you cant give. there is a leader there, they just dont know it yet.

kyritic- honestly your voice is fine. your not a squeaker. your accent did kind of mess the transcript up a bit, but fine otherwise. i like the frankness of the video, and the fact you are trying to help, but people like us- the community leaders of havoc can only do so much. reagardless of what the community decides, if the owners fail to communicate it will have been for nothing. so quite frankly. im not spending much time helping until they start to help themselves.

Bulleteater

Bulleteater
    Bulleteater Bulleteater
    Great video, very well said and I agree with all the key points and I also really like and support your base idea. As ky is younger then me and more up to date with today's fast young peoples meaning he knows social media and how to do fancy tech stuff I think he should be considered for for Community Manager.

I agree that we all as staff should be more open with players and rules should be more harsh towards toxic behavior.

Also ky your voice, you got the voice of someone who reads children to sleep or narrates a nice story.
    I fail to conceive a scenario where a candidate who openly told a player to ‘**** off’ would deserve a chance for Community Manager.

I’d argue someone with more reliable reputation get the position.

Also, Kyritic’s a builder. He didn’t apply for helper (which I’m assuming Community Manager would be a promotion of), and I doubt he’d have a chance given his recent notoriety.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I fail to conceive a scenario where a candidate who openly told a player to ‘**** off’ would deserve a chance for Community Manager.

Also, Kyritic’s a builder. He didn’t apply for helper (which I’m assuming Community Manager would be a promotion of), and I doubt he’d have a chance given his recent notoriety.
    I don't disagree, I can think of 5 people on the spot better than me. I'd help with the communication side and the writing of weekly updates if given the chance but I don't think a role like that should go to me although I'd have fun doing it. Although I'm not blaming my upbringing Britsh people tend to sware a lot more and I do feel my culture has something to do with it. I am a very open person and I often think an hour later "Hm I may of crossed the line"

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    @Kyritic, I’m amazing on the content in your video. Everything was very well said, and criticism was given. I agree on bringing back bags, bringing back MM, and the TMD-OP with the mechanics it had originally, and the other map. I also think there is a ton of issues with the owners communicating among the player base, so I’m glad I’m not the only one.

To what @general2673 was saying, based on what I’ve witnessed - in the most unbiased way - peach is not the beneficial and considerate staff member that he was before; this isn’t a comment to bash Peach either, he turned into a bad person, and the server would gain a toxic staff member if he ever returned to staff. I know you were with peach on when the communication errors occurred between you two and the other confused staff members, and I’m surprised you still think he’d be beneficial to Havoc after that incident. I’m extremely shocked that you can confidently see him as a leader. I’ll respect your opinion, but that’d be very disappointing if he ever became staff again. On the lighter side though, I like your comment(s) about a staff leader(s). One thing I’d like to add is that in order to become an admin, you have to be a leader. But a previous admin was extremely biased, and the owners were not aware of it, so I think that when it comes to staff leaders, or promotions to permissions as precious as that, it should be handled quite cautiously.

Going back to you Kyriric, I’m very happy that you created this thread, and I’m excited for Havoc’s future! :)

Last edited:

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    @Kyritic, I’m amazing on the content in your video. Everything was very well said, and criticism was given. I agree on bringing back bags, bringing back MM, and the TMD-OP with the mechanics it had originally, and the other map. I also think there is a ton of issues with the owners communicating among the player base, so I’m glad I’m not the only one.

To what @general2673 was saying, based on what I’ve witnessed - in the most unbiased way - peach is not the beneficial and considerate staff member that he was before; this isn’t a comment to bash Peach either, he turned into a bad person, and the server would gain a toxic staff member if he ever returned to staff. I know you were with peach on when the communication errors occurred between you two and the other confused staff members, and I’m surprised you still think he’d be beneficial to Havoc after that incident. I’m extremely shocked that you can confidently see him as a leader. I’ll respect your opinion, but that’d be very disappointing if peach ever became staff again.

Going back to you Kyriric, I’m very happy that you created this thread, and I’m excited for Havoc’s future! :)

i agrree he turned for the worst at the end of his tenure. what i said was in response to kyritic saying the staff team needed a leader. peach was a leader when he was there. ben was the admin. but peach was the leader since the admin that disliked him left (i forget their name). credit where it is due. @Kyritic we will find a leader in the team when the server hits another crossroads or large incident. you can have power, that does not make one a leader on its own. thats all i was saying. i know you and many others are/were not big fans of peach, but he got stuff done.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Community Manager or a Player Council, I think I should make a poll...

Well since Kat still couldn't control herself and her mouth from saying PeachyBoi was **** staff I'mma ask that we should think about nominating people as a community manager or in my case a player council on a seperate thread so this communication thingy can commence earlier...

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Community Manager or a Player Council, I think I should make a poll...

Well since Kat still couldn't control herself and her mouth from saying PeachyBoi was **** staff I'mma ask that we should think about nominating people as a community manager or in my case a player council on a seperate thread so this communication thingy can commence earlier...
    I think your comment here is quite rude, please learn to respect other people’s opinions and input.

I think that players shouldn’t vote on a community manager, as those types of perms are not to be messed around with, and not all players know the background of specific players, and don’t understand the hiccups there are when it comes to giving people special permissions. I definitely agree with players suggesting others as candidates for a community manager.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I think your comment here is quite rude, please learn to respect other people’s opinions and input.

I think that players shouldn’t vote on a community manager, as those types of perms are not to be messed around with, and not all players know the background of specific players, and don’t understand the hiccups there are when it comes to giving people special permissions. I definitely agree with players suggesting others as candidates for a community manager.
    Yeah @DDENGAR Please don't turn this post into what many other has turned out like. I want to send this to Jacob after 24 hours

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694

Shouldn't matter if you're builder, helper, or the flap jack flipper who comes in on the night shift. A havoc staff member is more then a fellow community member but a fellow member who represents us as a whole. I only said Kyritic because to me he seems more qualified along with only a few other individuals I know of. To be honest he would make a hell of alot better Community Manager then me, I'm too old to learn how to use twotter and other social medias.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Since when did a community manager need perms...the point of the community manager when Peach started it was finding someone without any power to control others. If we as a community cannot even nominate a frickin person to voice our opinions, count me out

And if one of y'all think this is in any way rude, then you simply want to interpret it that way, if you can't keep your mouth shut about the past, then who is going to prevent you from bypassing all the nonspoken rules made from this community? Or even rules in general?
    I would love to see someone nominated by staff and the higher-ups. None of our requests will be able to go through because we still like before have to go through a process of self-appointed judges that need to look through simple requests the community (as simple players) has repeatedly asked for since forever.

If you think I'm ruining this thread by speaking the same thing the community has asked forever, start deleting them like YouTube comments since y'all still want to look like saints.

We as a community are tired of people who keep on making new tags for themselves as staff members instead of listening to the ignored, continuously asked for, and frustrating requests us the community has requested from the owners.

We shouldn't need some third party to be able to voice our opinions as investors/consumers for this server.

If you don't wake up and start listening a little more to the players, then you may need to find a completely new community who can take more of this abuse...

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Shouldn't matter if you're builder, helper, or the flap jack flipper who comes in on the night shift. A havoc staff member is more then a fellow community member but a fellow member who represents us as a whole. I only said Kyritic because to me he seems more qualified along with only a few other individuals I know of. To be honest he would make a hell of alot better Community Manager then me, I'm too old to learn how to use twotter and other social medias.

" flap jack flipper on the night shift" that was beautiful. i can think of a few people that would be a good choice for community manager.
    no choice is perfect but I think it should be someone who meets certain.... conditions.

the player would have to
    1) know the playerbase
    2) be respected by an overwhelming number of them
    3) be active and have lots of time/consistency
    4) be patient
    5)be creative in events, and ideas
    6) able to consider other points of view
    7) be able to use social media
    8) not be hated by the owners
    9) care about havoc

i dont think many fit this at all that are also willing to take on the job. but i think this player can be found in one of the "regular" posters on forums and discord if they are here at all. so if you are looking for a community manager, see who does the job already :)

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Since when did a community manager need perms...the point of the community manager when Peach started it was finding someone without any power to control others. If we as a community cannot even nominate a frickin person to voice our opinions, count me out

And if one of y'all think this is in any way rude, then you simply want to interpret it that way, if you can't keep your mouth shut about the past, then who is going to prevent you from bypassing all the nonspoken rules made from this community? Or even rules in general?
    I would love to see someone nominated by staff and the higher-ups. None of our requests will be able to go through because we still like before have to go through a process of self-appointed judges that need to look through simple requests the community (as simple players) has repeatedly asked for since forever.

If you think I'm ruining this thread by speaking the same thing the community has asked forever, start deleting them like YouTube comments since y'all still want to look like saints.

We as a community are tired of people who keep on making new tags for themselves as staff members instead of listening to the ignored, continuously asked for, and frustrating requests us the community has requested from the owners.

We shouldn't need some third party to be able to voice our opinions as investors/consumers for this server.

If you don't wake up and start listening a little more to the players, then you may need to find a completely new community who can take more of this abuse...

i think you may have slightly missed the point of what the community manager would be. it would not be about "control" this player would try to resolve conflicts on the forums. the staff would take action if this manager failed to contain the problem. in that way they are only a buffer between an argument and a thread being locked.

second this person would not be the sole player representative of havoc. they would be a sort of middleman between the owners and players. the owners cant listen to everyone. it would be the community manager's job to find key threads or ideas and send them to the owners regardless of their own opinions on it. in turn this player would have discussions with the owners and be in charge of releasing update information or maybe just answer questions about them.

lastly this person would be a prime example that players exist that try to unify the community, not tear it apart. this would be the ideal form of a community manager in my eyes. they would have no perms. their power would lie in their access to information and how they handle conflict.
    if the post was ever filled its possible only some of this would be used. but thats what we are discussing.

a person that keeps the peace, not punishes the people who break it. think of the community manager like a riot officer that just blocks you. not the guy that takes you down. you violate a rule, one will respond. this post would at the very least be about stopping problems before they start not reacting to a problem. to those that complain about locked threads, this guy would be your ally.