• IP Copied!
  • Give these servers proper names, not ID's (and ideas) (DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ)

Which idea do you like best?

• None.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Ammunition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    TMDPVP-1
    TMDPVE-1
    TMDC-1

Gets old real quick, doesn't it? If a new player doesn't known what these mean, they could end up getting frustrated. I am posting this thread for a reason, not just server ID's. Instead of these lackluster server names, why not:
    TMDWAR-1
    TMDR-1 or TMDRP-1
    TMDOP-1
    War is well, pvp. R stands for realism, or roleplay. OP is overpowered, like the OG players wanted. There are also some ideas for PVP and PVE (I don't like the tmdc playstyle).

TMDWAR
    Why not add iron sights again, like a thread currently asks? Add some more realistic mechanics, like kickback of a gun. If it's an M9, just a hint of recoil. If it's an AWM, knock the player back about 1/2 block.

TMDR
    -How did the communities develop? They expanded and worked. Let players do things like cut trees and build structures, but limited to forests, maybe prison and hilltop. Players can expand their power, maybe expand a current current location. Not everything has to follow TWD storylines image for image.

-HORSES. We need horses! Horses wander around the map, but when you try to ride one:
    FALSE
    Saddles, coal, and leads could all be added. (I recently saw the farmer kit work, we can cook potatoes).

-Bullets. They shouldn't be completely collective for a certain type of ammo. For example, we can have:
    Basic Caliber [M9, Glock 17, MP5, UMP-45, UZI, Steyr AUG]
    Moderate Caliber [CZ-P09, P90, Vector, M4, M16A4, FN-Scar, Groza, Dragunov, M14, M60]
    Shells [Double Barrell, Remington 800, Mossberg 500, SPAS-12, KSG]
    Complex Caliber [Colt Python, Desert Eagle, Winchester, AK-47,]
    Advanced Caliber [Barrett .50 Caliber, AWM]
    Misc Ammunition [RPG, Stryker]

-New (and returning) items
    Iron. Used to create tools. Found in wilderness and garage bags.
    Axe. Cuts down trees (after cutting a tree, a sapling will appear. Possible way to make one of the TMD trees appear from a sapling..?) Found in garage, shop, and wilderness bags
    Charcoal. Used in ovens to cook. Found in garage, wilderness, house, and shop bags
    Leads. Lashing walkers keeps you unnoticed by undead, lead entities such as horses places. Found in wilderness bags
    Saddles. Ride horses with them. Found in wilderness bags

-New kit ideas
    KIT RANCHER: Summon horse ability, Saddle, Lead, Winchester, ×8 bread, hoe
    KIT LUMBERJACK: Axe, ×8 wooden logs, ×4 apples,
    KIT SMITH: Sledgehammer, ×8 Glass, ×8 iron, Lightweight anvil, ×16 stone, ×16 wood planks

Sorry for super long post, I have a lot of things I could bring to the table. So long for now!

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    TMDPVP-1
    TMDPVE-1
    TMDC-1

Gets old real quick, doesn't it? If a new player doesn't known what these mean, they could end up getting frustrated. I am posting this thread for a reason, not just server ID's. Instead of these lackluster server names, why not:
    TMDWAR-1
    TMDR-1 or TMDRP-1
    TMDOP-1
    War is well, pvp. R stands for realism, or roleplay. OP is overpowered, like the OG players wanted. There are also some ideas for PVP and PVE (I don't like the tmdc playstyle).
    I completely agree with this.
    For the war server, I'd figure supply drops should show up. It'll give players a sense of competition to get something with good loot. Also reducing T4 and T5 weapon drop chances. Tweaked damage so everything isn't so overpowered. Stuff like that.
    TMDR/RP would have more realistic elements to it. A weight meter and how armor affects your speed (jugg and riot armor would be the heaviest because of steel plates, obv). Guns could have recoil and it'd take longer than a couple of seconds to reload a pistol/rifle. You'd have to make a place to hole up for the night and scavenge during the day. Zombie infections could happen more easily. You'd have to refill your clips and magazines after they're emptied. The sound you make will attract more undead. See where I'm getting at? Realism is ezpz, and I know there are plugins for this stuff, too.
    OP is... well... OP. I don't really have any input for that one since I'm not an OG.

Why not add iron sights again, like a thread currently asks? Add some more realistic mechanics, like kickback of a gun. If it's an M9, just a hint of recoil. If it's an AWM, knock the player back about 1/2 block.
    That would be pretty neat. The recoil would be a nice touch, since literally even the .50 never moves you. And those are BMG and/or .416 bullets. Those aren't chump calibers, considering they can sever limbs if they're shot in the right spot. The iron sights would be nice to see, too. But it isn't necessary, I think.

HORSES. We need horses!
    I saw a skelehorse in the map once, but I killed it because I couldn't ride it. Rip

Saddles, coal, and leads could all be added. (I recently saw the farmer kit work, we can cook potatoes).
    Coal exists in-game but isn't really used for anything. And it's been a while since I've seen a lead, but it's there. Saddles, though, I'd enjoy seeing with horses and stuff.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    I completely agree with this.
    For the war server, I'd figure supply drops should show up. It'll give players a sense of competition to get something with good loot. Also reducing T4 and T5 weapon drop chances. Tweaked damage so everything isn't so overpowered. Stuff like that.
    TMDR/RP would have more realistic elements to it. A weight meter and how armor affects your speed (jugg and riot armor would be the heaviest because of steel plates, obv). Guns could have recoil and it'd take longer than a couple of seconds to reload a pistol/rifle. You'd have to make a place to hole up for the night and scavenge during the day. Zombie infections could happen more easily. You'd have to refill your clips and magazines after they're emptied. The sound you make will attract more undead. See where I'm getting at? Realism is ezpz, and I know there are plugins for this stuff, too.
    OP is... well... OP. I don't really have any input for that one since I'm not an OG.

That would be pretty neat. The recoil would be a nice touch, since literally even the .50 never moves you. And those are BMG and/or .416 bullets. Those aren't chump calibers, considering they can sever limbs if they're shot in the right spot. The iron sights would be nice to see, too. But it isn't necessary, I think.

I saw a skelehorse in the map once, but I killed it because I couldn't ride it. Rip

Coal exists in-game but isn't really used for anything. And it's been a while since I've seen a lead, but it's there. Saddles, though, I'd enjoy seeing with horses and stuff.

Supply drops would he neat, they are currently also available through voting (by the way, do juggernaut supply drops give jugg again?)

I'm also loving your realism ideas. I can work with this guy! Sound, kickback, weight, all great aspects. (This is starting to sound like The Last Stand: Union City.) If you have too much weight, you can't move. So this means not having 12 duffle of guns. Ammo ought to have weight, too. A 5.56 bag of about 100 rounds weighs about 2 pounds (from my own experience). This is how the caliber bullets come in. 64 bullets might weigh, (this is a guess so idk) a little under 1.5 pounds. Say a player has a weight limit of 70 pounds. If you have 10 stacks of bullets, almost a quarter of your weight tolerance is spent.
    The reload time I agree with. It shouldn't take 5 seconds to reload an M249 Saw. You've gotta grab a clip, put the belt into the firing chamber, lock it, etc. The M60 is kind of like an M249.
    The bites and danger would be so cool! Look what happened to Jesus (RIP JESUS GAHH) in that graveyard that night. The days before Aaron found the group in that barn, that herd nearly killed Rick and the gang.
    Thank you for these ideas JT. Any others are welcome to be considered. (Also, coal is not in game currently. I think it was removed...)

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    Supply drops would he neat, they are currently also available through voting (by the way, do juggernaut supply drops give jugg again?)
    Supply drops aren't vote crates. Lol
    What I'm meaning is that randomly, whatever staff want to make the plane sound will play and coordinates will be displayed in chat.
    Players will race for the crate that drops with high-tier gear.

And no, I don't know anything about jugg crates.

The Last Stand: Union City.
    That game was awesome. I kinda wanna download it for myself, but idk how to. Flash games and all that have a different process, that's for sure.

Thank you for these ideas JT
    You're welcome

Also, coal is not in game currently. I think it was removed...
    Well, if it's removed, I guess the coal I got was found entirely by chance. Because I have a stack of the stuff. Lol

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    I know for a fact that Iron Sights are being looked into! xD I personally asked @Kyritic to ask the owners about it and he said he would.
    Oh, really...? Interesting...

Ah, okay JT. I see what you mean. I thought you meant like a voting supply drop, e.g., basic, Elite, Juggernaut. The coding might be difficult to draw in an airplane, but I did see a model for the helicopter while on Map Maker (using recent autumn pack). Perhaps use a helicopter, then an announcement in chat, something like this:
    [ATTENTION PLAYERS! A supply drop has been located at the coordinates -46, 78, 146! This supply drop is a (Common, rare, epic, legendary)! Get to these coordinates for loot!]
    The loot for Common would be stuff like military gear, 2nd and 3rd tier weapons, some food, etc.
    Rare is tier 3, some tier 4, military, potentially riot, and ammunition.
    Epic drops contain tier 4, maybe Tier 5s. Riot gear, ammo, and vehicles.
    Legendary drops are consisted of Tier 5s, maybe legends, and mostly juggernaut. Motorbikes, food and ammo are guaranteed.
    Out of 10 crates, these are the occurrences of each:
    (C) 4 out of 10
    (R) 3 out of 10
    (E) 2 out of 10
    (L) 1 out of 10.

Last edited:

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Like JT said above, have reloading your clips make noise, attract walkers. Make it dangerous to travel at night! Walker spawn rates are higher, whisperers more likely, it is cold, dark, etc.

Flint and steel ought to be reskinned for a lighter (must change AUG to something else, Aug is flint and steel skinned). Light a campfire or something, sleeping bags etc. Upgrading to something like 1.9 or 1.10 brings more resources to work with. That's just the tip of the iceberg, along with what just arrived in 1.14.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I like these ideas. Honestly havoc should just look at the Crafting Dead modpack and just add stuff on to it (but it would all be vanilla and such), as well as improve on the stuff that makes the modpack not as good

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    I like these ideas. Honestly havoc should just look at the Crafting Dead modpack and just add stuff on to it (but it would all be vanilla and such), as well as improve on the stuff that makes the modpack not as good
    Have you been on the Crafting Dead mod servers? It's great.
    So much realism. But not enough players on there either, however. Trust me, I've seen more barren structures that players have built than actual players. But at least the hordes keep me entertained.
    I'm thinking that if we use the elements and items from it, we could pool in the players that want the mod, but prefer staying in vanilla. It might work.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Have you been on the Crafting Dead mod servers? It's great.
    So much realism. But not enough players on there either, however. Trust me, I've seen more barren structures that players have built than actual players. But at least the hordes keep me entertained.
    I'm thinking that if we use the elements and items from it, we could pool in the players that want the mod, but prefer staying in vanilla. It might work.
    I would say the base building stuff should not be added, since it gives people so much extra storage. The current system (with barricades and barb wire) seems to work pretty well.