• IP Copied!
  • Idea that doesn't involve sacraficing gameplay aka allowing hackers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Hey guys. I wanted to contribute an idea that would make the server money.

This plugin is called Voxel Vert. It is a very easy to use plugin. Basically, you build something in game, and it will convert it into a 3D model. LINK

This opens up a huge variety of ideas and things that could be added to the pack. Yes, I realize to implement an idea like this, it would require updating from oddly some of yall's favorite versions...1.8 (lol). That would be to get more models.

I've seen huge servers use model cosmetics as a way to make money. Some servers make pets for players (I realize that might not work, maybe a dog or tiger though for the PVE servers only?)

Also hat textures. Think Rick/Carl's sheriff hat, glen's baseball hat, etc. These would be purely cosmetic and would probably used in the PvE servers mainly (which, lately have way more players than the PVP servers).

It could also be used for seasonal models, like Christmas hats, Halloween items, etc. Like imagine a bone katana skin or something. It could be kinda cool. People could also buy cosmetic backpacks in different colors to make it look like they are wearing a backpack. A friend of mine made a model of one using this plugin the other day and it was awesome.

I'm suggesting this because I have seen A LOT of servers use models and cosmetics as a way to increase their income each month. It works. I've seen it work. If you don't believe me, PM me and I can send you a good 5 server IPs with player bases around the same size or bigger than Havoc that do this.

I realize this idea will not appeal to most of the big PvPers and OG ppl. I'm not a rp person, before yall attack me. But I do like collecting little cosmetics on servers and I think it is a way to make money that doesn't sacrifice gameplay by allowing hackers to buy their way back in to hack again.

Its just an idea. Can't say people aren't trying to help the community and come up with them, other than yourselves.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    This would just be utterly dumb for The Mining Dead aspect of HavocMC. The VoxelVert could be used for Mapmaker in the future, but I don't see any potential for TMD usage. Cosmetics such as hats and more would be nice.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Like I said, ya'll won't like the idea, but IT WORKS.

Cosmetics MAKE MONEY. And the best part about them is they are not pay to win.

And I didn't suggest players using the plugin. It would obviously be for builders/devs lol.

All I am doing is giving other ideas. No need to be a complete jerk because you don't like it. Other people can contribute ideas too, not just you guys.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Like I said, ya'll won't like the idea, but IT WORKS.

Cosmetics MAKE MONEY. And the best part about them is they are not pay to win.

And I didn't suggest players using the plugin. It would obviously be for builders/devs lol.

All I am doing is giving other ideas. No need to be a complete jerk because you don't like it. Other people can contribute ideas too, not just you guys.
    1. I wasn't being a jerk at all and I'm the only one that replied so don't use 'you guys'. I was giving my positive feedback.
    2. Why add this when we have 3D modelers?
    3. If you're going to come at me with "don't be a jerk" then go delete your comments on the unban pass, thanks.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    1. I wasn't being a jerk at all and I'm the only one that replied so don't use 'you guys'. I was giving my positive feedback.
    2. Why add this when we have 3D modelers?
    3. If you're going to come at me with "don't be a jerk" then go delete your comments on the unban pass, thanks.

1. First words of your post "This would just be utterly dumb"

Kinda right off the back a jerk thing to say.

2. Because it is easier and faster than using 3D modelers. Sure we could just use the 3D modelers, this plugin just makes making 3D models more accessible for more ppl. If ppl wanted to make 3D accessories then the plugin wouldn't be necessary. My idea is having 3D cosmetics, not having that particular plugin.

3. Don't think I was as rude as you were there. I disagreed with the idea, yeah, but I didn't right off the back attack someone calling their idea stupid. I don't like the idea of unbanning hackers and I explained why. I didn't attack people for wanting that idea.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    1. First words of your post "This would just be utterly dumb"

Kinda right off the back a jerk thing to say.

2. Because it is easier and faster than using 3D modelers. Sure we could just use the 3D modelers, this plugin just makes making 3D models more accessible for more ppl. If ppl wanted to make 3D accessories then the plugin wouldn't be necessary. My idea is having 3D cosmetics, not having that particular plugin.

3. Don't think I was as rude as you were there. I disagreed with the idea, yeah, but I didn't right off the back attack someone calling their idea stupid. I don't like the idea of unbanning hackers and I explained why. I didn't attack people for wanting that idea.
    It's Minecraft, get over it.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    >be a ****
    >get called out on being a ****
    >blame the other person of being a **** despite this being very untrue
    >de-escalate when you started the conflict in the first place

dude.. what..?
    Classic.

Anyway, Fire, this is a pretty damn cool idea! I'm sure if the server had the effort/time/motivation/getupdosomethingplease to add this or consider it, it would certainly diversify the server. I think TMD cosmetics would have been amazing. It's a shame that the EULA update wasn't thought-through completely. Maybe this could have been one of the cosmetic perks (i.e. Rick's hat). Pretty neato ideo!

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    Cosmetics all the way! I'd go 100% with it instead if the p2w that are ranks with infinite rn.

Is really amusing to see you guys arguing about someone being a ****. I'm pretty sure that started with ogs (I dont ser their posts cuz ignore ftw), so typical.

Last edited:

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Thank god! A post on the forums that is not regarding how Havoc is slowly falling into the hole of dead servers and is indefinitely going to close without proper funding!
    Kidding.
    Anyways, I like the idea! It would provide much more free roam for models and such, and I think an update to 1.9 or higher is long overdue. It would also save Havoc a lot of money in regards to 3D textures, which tend to be expensive depending on who they are buying from. I think the only flaw is the construction of these models, which, without proper tools such as WorldEdit or anything of that sort, would take, kinda forever. Hence why I think just using normal programs is best. But. If this were to be proposed, we should get Map Maker back.
    Yes.
    I love map maker. I spent probably a good more than a hundred hours building stuff, and those went down the drain, kinda-
    i exported my builds.
    whatever, as i was saying, if all those tools were provided, in an environment where it could be viewed, or in one where more than one player could contribute to the model, it would be both moralizing, and a good showcase, and would also bring back Map Maker.
    Just my opinion, but perhaps VoxelVert could be considered. Wish I could do more in regards to making it possible.
    EDIT:
    Oh yeah! I forgot!
    We could follow EULA doing this!
    wait but people want their perks and stuff
    oh this edit was useless
    whatever its a great idea and more income for the server
    meaning more havoc
    meaning more fun
    meaning
    well
    you get the point.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    >be a ****

dude.. what..?
    love how triggered people get :3

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    >be a ****

dude.. what..?
    Classic.

Anyway, Fire, this is a pretty damn cool idea! I'm sure if the server had the effort/time/motivation/getupdosomethingplease to add this or consider it, it would certainly diversify the server. I think TMD cosmetics would have been amazing. It's a shame that the EULA update wasn't thought-through completely. Maybe this could have been one of the cosmetic perks (i.e. Rick's hat). Pretty neato ideo!

First off, I never called anyone a **** and Firelilx literally put on the other post "this is just a game".

Second off, Cat you say classic when you're over on unban post saying we're pathetic.

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    I don't think anybody will buy Cosmetics, ESPECIALLY if the server/community is dead. Maybe if we still had a good populated player base then sure. We have gone from 400-700/1000 to 57/1000 players + the server's broke too.

Bulleteater

Bulleteater
    Bulleteater Bulleteater
    That's not the case at all. Quit trying to start an argument.

That’s literally what you’re doing.

“love how triggered people get” is obviously your sad attempt at baiting an argument.

Since i have some shreds of morality and maturity I’ll stop replying, as well as to prevent locking another thread.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    That’s literally what you’re doing.

“love how triggered people get” is obviously your sad attempt at baiting an argument.

Since i have some shreds of morality and maturity I’ll stop replying, as well as to prevent locking another thread.
    If you did then you wouldn't had come at me the first time. Lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.