Votes: 6 85.7%
    • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Lmusic0505

Mythical
    Lmusic0505
    Lmusic0505 Lmusic0505
    Uhhhhhh. Ok so I'll start by saying I don't want to criticize the current staff because some of them are really nice, helpful, and understanding but these are just some other things that would maybe improve staff selection in the future.
    Staff.

1. Get input from players about what staff they want to see get accepted. Most staff are really friendly. Some people seem to prefer staff over others maybe it's because they know them more, they are more active in games and chat, and are nicer. To prevent people from not liking some new staff maybe the people in charge of accepting staff should get input from some active players on the server on what staff should be accepted. Maybe a forum post or just staff msging players on chat about what they think of a staff applicant. Maybe not so publicly to prevent the applicant from knowing about hate and holding grudges.

2. Have like a day of new staff go through some mentoring process. I'm totally unsure if this already happens. Have a staff asigned to monitor some new staff to make sure they are doing things correctly. If this is already happening then that's great but if not maybe you should consider it.

3. This is for jr mod+
    When someone is appealing from a ban and they get denied give a more detail response about why it got denied. I understand that staff are really busy with support tickets, monitoring and stuff irl. I think that people who are going to get denied would rather wait longer to get a more detailed response. Or maybe that's just me.

Rules.

1. Make the rules are more detailed on what is and isn't allowed. Some applications may not be allowed to be used on havoc and some may be. I'm sure that most players know what is considered hacking but it's better to be sure. If people don't understand the rules they can clarify with staff but it's easy to just put a few examples and save players and the staffs time.

2. Some new players will come on not knowing the rules. I think that it would be a good idea to have a link with the rules so players can see.

Etc.

1. This is more of a question. When I go on the hub it still shows the parkour is coming soon. Is something happening or not? I don't really know because it's been saying the same thing for a long time.

This is it. They are all probably bad ideas but I'll post it anyways. I don't want to sound rude to anyone because these are just some ideas. I don't think that all of these are original by me. I just started coming on forums frequently so I haven't had a chance to look at the older posts on these issues.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    Hi Lmusic, thanks for the feedback.
    1. Get input from players about what staff they want to see get accepted. Most staff are really friendly. Some people seem to prefer staff over others maybe it's because they know them more, they are more active in games and chat, and are nicer. To prevent people from not liking some new staff maybe the people in charge of accepting staff should get input from some active players on the server on what staff should be accepted. Maybe a forum post or just staff msging players on chat about what they think of a staff applicant. Maybe not so publicly to prevent the applicant from knowing about hate and holding grudges.

Currently Sr. Mods+ are in charge of and have input on applications and applicants. It's a professional and relatively organised process and we look into every aspect possible before accepting anybody. We make the best decisions we possibly can. This is also an unbiased process as we vote on who gets accepted and who doesn't. If we got player input, some of it *may* be biased (see example 1 and 2 below). When we check applications, we take into account many factors such as punishment history, alternate accounts and their history, gameplay, age, frequently played servers and so on. Players don't have access to this information so they can't make educated decisions in regards to that. I think all recent staff additions have been very successful. I haven't seen any complaints on the new staff members and I feel as though we have made good decisions to this point.
    Player123 applies for staff. We ask PVPer360 (an active and popular player) their opinion on them being accepted. PvPer360 fought Player123 yesterday but Player123 won. PVPer360 is upset that they lost their gear to Player123, so they say that they wouldn't be fit for staff when in reality, Player123 would be a good staff member.
    ShyGuy02 is a friendly and helpful but quiet player who usually players on TMD-5 and Mine Wars. If someone has a question, he will /msg them the answer. We asked EzWin2007 (a popular player on TMDO-1 and TMD-1) their opinion on ShyGuy02, but they said they have never seen them online and has never even heard of them before.

2. Have like a day of new staff go through some mentoring process. I'm totally unsure if this already happens. Have a staff asigned to monitor some new staff to make sure they are doing things correctly. If this is already happening then that's great but if not maybe you should consider it.
    We currently have a mentor system in use and we monitor new staff additions for a while to make sure they are doing things correctly. We also welcome new staff members with open arms and let them know that they are free to ask any questions at any time without hesitation.

3. This is for jr mod+
    When someone is appealing from a ban and they get denied give a more detail response about why it got denied. I understand that staff are really busy with support tickets, monitoring and stuff irl. I think that people who are going to get denied would rather wait longer to get a more detailed response. Or maybe that's just me.
    We do get an insane amount of support tickets which we do try to get through and answer in a reasonable amount of time. It is difficult to reply to every single one even with pre-made responses. Making long and personal responses to each and every support ticket would be very hard to do. While a lot of staff try their best to do this anyway, it is not always that easy. We have responses made to make quick but sufficient replies to support tickets. If someone is appealing a punishment, we explain why they are/aren't being accepted and include evidence if necessary. For example, if someone lies in their appeal then they will be denied due to lying. We shouldn't need to explain that any further as they already know what they did wrong. If someone admits to doing wrong but due to situation-relevant circumstances, their appeal is being denied then we can thank them for their honesty but ask them to reappeal later. We will then try to explain why their appeal is being denied. However, there are other circumstances where that is not relevant. See example 3 below. In other appeals where a player is asking why the got banned or for an explanation, we will give them evidence and even explain that evidence to them.
    I got a support ticket the other day that was a direct copy of the appeal that player had sent a month earlier. If they can't be bothered to write a new support ticket rather than copy and paste, why should we be bothered to explain that to them? That may sound harsh but they didn't put the effort in. We have plenty of support tickets to reply to so why should we write a long response to them just to explain that they didn't put in the same level of effort that we did in response.

1. Make the rules are more detailed on what is and isn't allowed. Some applications may not be allowed to be used on havoc and some may be. I'm sure that most players know what is considered hacking but it's better to be sure. If people don't understand the rules they can clarify with staff but it's easy to just put a few examples and save players and the staffs time.
    I agree that the rules could be clearer and this has been suggested multiple times. We are currently pushing for more detailed rules. For now, I think everyone should just think "Will this give me an unfair advantage over other people?" or "If someone else used this against me, would it be unfair?" before they do something. If the answer is "yes", then you probably shouldn't do it.

2. Some new players will come on not knowing the rules. I think that it would be a good idea to have a link with the rules so players can see.
    I'll suggest a message informing players of /rules for when they first connect to the server.

1. This is more of a question. When I go on the hub it still shows the parkour is coming soon. Is something happening or not? I don't really know because it's been saying the same thing for a long time.
    I'm not sure if parkour will be added but with updates coming very soon, I'm sure we'll both find out in the near future. c:

I hope I answered all of your points to a helpful standard. c:

GucciAssSloth

Currently Sr. Mods+ are in charge of and have input on applications and applicants. It's a professional and relatively organised process and we look into every aspect possible before accepting anybody. We make the best decisions we possibly can. This is also an unbiased process as we vote on who gets accepted and who doesn't. If we got player input, some of it *may* be biased (see example 1 and 2 below). When we check applications, we take into account many factors such as punishment history, alternate accounts and their history, gameplay, age, frequently played servers and so on. Players don't have access to this information so they can't make educated decisions in regards to that. I think all recent staff additions have been very successful. I haven't seen any complaints on the new staff members and I feel as though we have made good decisions to this point.
    Player123 applies for staff. We ask PVPer360 (an active and popular player) their opinion on them being accepted. PvPer360 fought Player123 yesterday but Player123 won. PVPer360 is upset that they lost their gear to Player123, so they say that they wouldn't be fit for staff when in reality, Player123 would be a good staff member.
    ShyGuy02 is a friendly and helpful but quiet player who usually players on TMD-5 and Mine Wars. If someone has a question, he will /msg them the answer. We asked EzWin2007 (a popular player on TMDO-1 and TMD-1) their opinion on ShyGuy02, but they said they have never seen them online and has never even heard of them before.

We currently have a mentor system in use and we monitor new staff additions for a while to make sure they are doing things correctly. We also welcome new staff members with open arms and let them know that they are free to ask any questions at any time without hesitation.

We do get an insane amount of support tickets which we do try to get through and answer in a reasonable amount of time. It is difficult to reply to every single one even with pre-made responses. Making long and personal responses to each and every support ticket would be very hard to do. While a lot of staff try their best to do this anyway, it is not always that easy. We have responses made to make quick but sufficient replies to support tickets. If someone is appealing a punishment, we explain why they are/aren't being accepted and include evidence if necessary. For example, if someone lies in their appeal then they will be denied due to lying. We shouldn't need to explain that any further as they already know what they did wrong. If someone admits to doing wrong but due to situation-relevant circumstances, their appeal is being denied then we can thank them for their honesty but ask them to reappeal later. We will then try to explain why their appeal is being denied. However, there are other circumstances where that is not relevant. See example 3 below. In other appeals where a player is asking why the got banned or for an explanation, we will give them evidence and even explain that evidence to them.
    I got a support ticket the other day that was a direct copy of the appeal that player had sent a month earlier. If they can't be bothered to write a new support ticket rather than copy and paste, why should we be bothered to explain that to them? That may sound harsh but they didn't put the effort in. We have plenty of support tickets to reply to so why should we write a long response to them just to explain that they didn't put in the same level of effort that we did in response.

I agree that the rules could be clearer and this has been suggested multiple times. We are currently pushing for more detailed rules. For now, I think everyone should just think "Will this give me an unfair advantage over other people?" or "If someone else used this against me, would it be unfair?" before they do something. If the answer is "yes", then you probably shouldn't do it.

I'll suggest a message informing players of /rules for when they first connect to the server.

I'm not sure if parkour will be added but with updates coming very soon, I'm sure we'll both find out in the near future. c:

What's the current age requirement?

Reactions: 3sw

GucciAssSloth

We prefer applicants to be at least 15, however if they can demonstrate maturity effectively then we will still consider them at a younger age. c:
    I think that's your problem. Most younger aged individuals are not responsible enough nor do they hold the same level of standard as an older individual, which can in turn cause conflicts and false punishments for players. It also doesn't help that the player who banned you reviews your appeal, which can lead to a totally biased review.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    I think that's your problem. Most younger aged individuals are not responsible enough nor do they hold the same level of standard as an older individual, which can in turn cause conflicts and false punishments for players. It also doesn't help that the player who banned you reviews your appeal, which can lead to a totally biased review.
    We have less than 5 staff members under the age of 15 and these people have all demonstrated maturity and we have had no problems with them so far. We are aware of the risks in accepting younger applicants, but not this is not currently our problem and we do take age and maturity into deep consideration before we make our final decision.

Regarding appeals, the related staff member responds to their specific appeals because they are the ones with the evidences and they are the ones who know the full story/situation regarding a player's punishment. For example, if somebody was appealing a punishment they got for hacking but Wavy_Buster banned them, I wouldn't know the situation behind it and I wouldn't have the evidence to their ban so I couldn't reply effectively. If someone believes they got a biased response, they can message another staff member or create another appeal requesting a different staff member. If we deem the response to be biased, that staff member will be dealt with accordingly. I should also note that all Jr. mods+ can see all support tickets, so if a support ticket looks dodgy we can check it out. c:

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw

This was kind of useful for me... I don't want to publicize or boast about anything, but I'm on a damn good road into the team :D. I never knew we had a mentor, and about new players, I'm not new but I'm not in the spotlight, plus I keep changing usernames recently >.<. Thanks for the tips! :)

P.S: I think I joined late 2015, can someone confirm this for me from the staff team? In personal, or something like that :c

GucciAssSloth

We have less than 5 staff members under the age of 15 and these people have all demonstrated maturity and we have had no problems with them so far. We are aware of the risks in accepting younger applicants, but not this is not currently our problem and we do take age and maturity into deep consideration before we make our final decision.

Regarding appeals, the related staff member responds to their specific appeals because they are the ones with the evidences and they are the ones who know the full story/situation regarding a player's punishment. For example, if somebody was appealing a punishment they got for hacking but Wavy_Buster banned them, I wouldn't know the situation behind it and I wouldn't have the evidence to their ban so I couldn't reply effectively. If someone believes they got a biased response, they can message another staff member or create another appeal requesting a different staff member. If we deem the response to be biased, that staff member will be dealt with accordingly. I should also note that all Jr. mods+ can see all support tickets, so if a support ticket looks dodgy we can check it out. c:
    It doesn't seem like you guys have "any problems" with "any staff members". All I see around the forums are staff members being blasted with complaints. I'm just not understanding.

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    It doesn't seem like you guys have "any problems" with "any staff members". All I see around the forums are staff members being blasted with complaints. I'm just not understanding.
    If you look at the statistics, it's mainly 'salty' people who have been punished and want attention, thinking it will get them pardoned, instead of actually submitting an appeal. The matter of fact is, they won't be pardoned if they don't submit an appeal. Arguing about it on forums is also certainly not going to help anyone, in fact, it may even deny someones appeal.

GucciAssSloth

If you look at the statistics, it's mainly 'salty' people who have been punished and want attention, thinking it will get them pardoned, instead of actually submitting an appeal.
    There are no statistics, you can't measure information without solid and logged information from the bans, players, and staff. I've never seen any other player base on any other server except this one. Half the forum threads are just people complaining about the staff and the way the server is managed, obviously something is wrong.

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw
    There are no statistics, you can't measure information without solid and logged information from the bans, players, and staff. I've never seen any other player base on any other server except this one. Half the forum threads are just people complaining about the staff and the way the server is managed, obviously something is wrong.
    Look at the complaints, it is quite obvious that the only people complaining are people who are desperate for attention, and thinking that an argument on the forums will get them unbanned. I've seen threads regarding staff complaints get locked due to the ridiculous and biased approach to staff. They do their best, and if you think you can do a better job, then try out. It's not as easy as it looks, there's more than 10 severs that require moderation. And that's just one of the many factors that come into play in regards to staff.

GucciAssSloth

Look at the complaints, it is quite obvious that the only people complaining are people who are desperate for attention, and thinking that an argument on the forums will get them unbanned. I've seen threads regarding staff complaints get locked due to the ridiculous and biased approach to staff. They do their best, and if you think you can do a better job, then try out. It's not as easy as it looks, there's more than 10 severs that require moderation.
    Not all the complains are totally biased, plus, wouldn't you be biased if you got banned for some stupid reason. I'm not saying everyone has, but it certainly happens.

As for the 10 servers. I've seen every single server without moderation, some going for hours upon hours. Being staff, especially helper is not hard at all. From what it seems like, all I see Helpers do are warn and temp mute, not a hard job at all. Half of the staff team doesn't even know what a job is, some of them can't even take on the responsibility of driving. They shouldn't be recruiting staff members off of maturity, anyone can act mature over the internet, they need to look at past history, find their aliases and other forum posts, they need make sure they are old enough to understand the concept of responsibility. 15 years old is not old enough at all. This is why people are complaining, the managing of this server is absolutely terrible.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    Not all the complains are totally biased, plus, wouldn't you be biased if you got banned for some stupid reason. I'm not saying everyone has, but it certainly happens.

As for the 10 servers. I've seen every single server without moderation, some going for hours upon hours. Being staff, especially helper is not hard at all. From what it seems like, all I see Helpers do are warn and temp mute, not a hard job at all. Half of the staff team doesn't even know what a job is, some of them can't even take on the responsibility of driving. They shouldn't be recruiting staff members off of maturity, anyone can act mature over the internet, they need to look at past history, find their aliases and other forum posts, they need make sure they are old enough to understand the concept of responsibility. 15 years old is not old enough at all. This is why people are complaining, the managing of this server is absolutely terrible.
    I just wanted to point out that you can't see staff members in vanish so that's likely why you have seen all servers go unmoderated for hours on end. Being staff of this server in particular proves more challenging every day. Like I said earlier, we look at all different aspects before recruiting new staff members such as punishment history, alternate accounts and forums posts. We make sure that all staff members are mature and responsible before we add them, and if they prove themselves otherwise then they are dealt with accordingly. Also, some players get upset that we have any age requirement in place at all. They see it as discrimination and the majority of Minecraft players are 15 or younger. About 90% of the applications we receive are from players 15 or younger. To be honest, a lot of those applications are better than the 10% of applications we receive from older players.

3sw

Titan
    3sw
    3sw 3sw

First of all, if you don't like the server and believe the management is terrible then why do you play on it? I don't see an issue with it. Secondly, yes there has been some unfair punishments, and those have been dealt with in private manner.

GucciAssSloth

First of all, if you don't like the server and believe the management is terrible then why do you play on it? I don't see an issue with it. Secondly, yes there has been some unfair punishments, and those have been dealt with in private manner.
    Because even though the management is bad, it's a fun server with fun plugins. Also, don't advertise your graphics on shop thread, thanks.

GucciAssSloth

I just wanted to point out that you can't see staff members in vanish so that's likely why you have seen all servers go unmoderated for hours on end. Being staff of this server in particular proves more challenging every day. Like I said earlier, we look at all different aspects before recruiting new staff members such as punishment history, alternate accounts and forums posts. We make sure that all staff members are mature and responsible before we add them, and if they prove themselves otherwise then they are dealt with accordingly. Also, some players get upset that we have any age requirement in place at all. They see it as discrimination and the majority of Minecraft players are 15 or younger. About 90% of the applications we receive are from players 15 or younger. To be honest, a lot of those applications are better than the 10% of applications we receive from older players.
    If they see it as discrimination, they shouldn't be apart of the staff team. Secondly, I highly doubt any staff member vanishes for hours on end without making any presence known, especially when there are people spamming the chat and getting into heated arguments, being racist, etc. *cough* TMD-1 *cough*

Jirache

Mythical
    Jirache
    Jirache Jirache
    I think that's your problem. Most younger aged individuals are not responsible enough nor do they hold the same level of standard as an older individual, which can in turn cause conflicts and false punishments for players.
    Age (to a certain extent) shouldn't really matter since there can be a snobby, rude, annoying 20-year old and a kind, mature, helpful 13-year old. Yes being older sounds like it would be better, but I know many people at/over the age of 15, and they act like 5-year olds. Age isn't really a problem, since the younger ones are expected to ask questions so it isn't weird, but older people are expected to kind of know these sorts of things, and the ones I know have their pride, so they don't ask questions and just guess on what to do.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude

Hello @GucciAssSloth, I'm glad this thread is staying as a friendly discussion. With respect to what @UnknownMelody has provided, I'd like to add a little more, just from what I can say personally. ^-^ I feel that once we get past the application stage, we move onto a voice interview, so we can see the text and voice side and try to get to know the person we are considering as staff, as well as asking questions we'd like to address, and any questions that will help the applicants in the future. Helpers will most likely be seen warning and assigning tempmutes, as that is their first position and requirements as a staff member.

In someone's application, we view over gameplay/activity, punishment info, age/maturity, etc; I will occasionally contact some role player friends or pvp friends, and staff to see their input in this person, however this is to ensure I've gathered enough information and made my best decision on considering this player as a Helper.

If a Helper has no experience, it may be difficult at first. I understand you all would prefer those with experience which we usually will, though everyone has to start somewhere and if their passion / capability of holding their position, it's perfectly fine. I started as a Helper with no experience whatsoever, and I'd like to believe my passion for the server, dedication and ability to treat others respectfully has paid off, as it has made me a more mature person and I've gained many skills, Minecraft related and computer skills in general. :)

I haven't had a real job, though I (and many other members) have associated with the hustle and constant push to ensure at the end of the day, everything was completed correctly and deadlines were met. I'm a well dedicated high school student who spends hours on end on work, and manages to get enough gameplay each day, catch hackers, manage reports and appeals, review and consider Helper applications, discuss topics with other staff members, etc. On top of that, I have irl priorities I manage to hold as well as conditions that I can still push to the side and make sure when I'm exhausted at the end of the day, I did my best. Many staff members experience similar situations, with a different story of course.

Because I love this server to my dearest, I also enjoy making sure the staff team is working out well. We have moments where someone has a rough day, accidentally miswarn/ban someone, etc; this is something everyone encounters in anything they do, making small and fixable errors. Of course I can't do all this alone, so the teamwork of the others Admins, Mods and Helpers play quite an aspect to provide the best service we can.

With respect to your ban, I will try to help you out later if I'm not busy, and I hope this message explained enough for you. :D

Yours Kindly,
    ~Katitude <3

Reactions: 3sw

GucciAssSloth

Hello @GucciAssSloth, I'm glad this thread is staying as a friendly discussion. With respect to what @UnknownMelody has provided, I'd like to add a little more, just from what I can say personally. ^-^ I feel that once we get past the application stage, we moved onto a voice interview, so we can see the text side and try to get to know the person we are considering as staff, as well as asking questions we'd like to address, and any questions that will help the applicants in the future. Helpers will most likely be seen warning and assigning tempmutes, as that is their first position and requirements as a staff member.

In someone's application, we view over gameplay/activity, punishment info, age/maturity, etc; I will occasionally contact some role player friends or pvp friends, and staff to see their input in this person, however this is to ensure I've gathered enough information and made my best decision on considering this player as a Helper.

If a Helper has no experience, it may be difficult at first. I understand you all would prefer those with experience which we usually will, though everyone has to start somewhere and if their passion / capability of holding their position, it's perfectly fine. I started as a Helper with no experience whatsoever, and I'd like to believe my passion for the server, dedication and ability to treat others respectfully has paid off, as it has made me a more mature person and I've gained many skills, Minecraft related and computer skills in general. :)

I haven't had a real job, though I (and many other members) have associated with the hustle and constant push to ensure at the end of the day, everything was completed correctly and deadlines were met. I'm a well dedicated high school student who spends hours on end on work, and manages to get enough gameplay each day, catch hackers, manage reports and appeals, review and consider Helper applications, discuss topics with other staff members, etc. On top of that, I have irl priorities I manage to hold as well as conditions that I can still push to the side and make sure when I'm exhausted at the end of the day, I did my best. Many staff members experience similar situations, with a different story of course.

Because I love this server to my dearest, I also enjoy making sure the staff team is working out well. We have moments where someone has a rough day, accidentally miswarn/ban someone, etc; this is something everyone encounters in anything they do, making small and fixable errors. Of course I can't do all this alone, so the teamwork of the others Admins, Mods and Helpers play quite an aspect to provide the best service we can.

With respect to your ban, I will try to help you out later if I'm not busy, and I hope this message explained enough for you. :D

Yours Kindly,
    ~Katitude <3
    I appreciate the really nice post, once again, amazing input. I believe, even though I've said it myself, am being a little biased myself. ;p

I've spent a lot of time throughout my years playing Minecraft always playing on the huge servers where they hire 18+ members with a lot of experience. I guess I'm just used to that. I am also majoring in Business Administration so I guess my professional/management side is getting the best of me, which is not necessarily a bad thing either, however it can be biased, like I said.

I just have a few friendly suggestions for the staff team and the procedure.

1. Create a solid and strict age limit. I understand the maturity aspect of it all, I really do. However, anyone can fake maturity over the internet, even with an voice interview. Hell, I've done it myself. Keeping a good and strict age limit, e.g. 16+ somewhat guarantees some type of responsibility factor with the "young" adults, e.g. driving, job, etc. I think it all comes down to how we see values, moral, ethical, and legal.
    2. No incentive system. I'm assuming this isn't a thing, as it was never mentioned, but on the off chance you do have one, get rid of it. They aren't healthy for the community long term or short term, and usually transform permanent jobs into temporary ones, it also can cause corruption.
    3. Tiering System. Being a business major, I love organization and tiers. Create some sort of tiering system and a really good logging system (if you don't have one already), make sure each punishment no matter how small goes through some sort of 'transition of power'. It's good for organization and keeps every punishment clean in history.
    I'd be happy to help if you guys need anything, as I'm assuming most of the staff team isn't at a professional level. (Props if some of you are.) :)

Also, I'm assuming you saw my private message, so I appreciate that as well. The clock is ticking for the banners wars map haha!