• IP Copied!
  • In Regards To Map Maker.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    After doing some digging into some update posts, I noticed a statement made after it's downtime, regarding it's temporary removal. With that being said, to all those wondering the status of it, here's the statement.
    (https://havocmc.net/threads/tmd-update-map-maker-news.5434/)

"Map Maker
    As many of you know, Map Maker has been having a lot of issues of late. Because of this, we have decided to temporarily remove the gamemode from the network. Map Maker will need significant updates in order for it to be stable, so we decided that Mine Wars 2.0 should be our Devs' top priority. After Mine Wars 2.0 is completed, Map Maker will have a large update both fixing all of the issues and adding new features. Also, everyone's maps will be saved."

Hence, once Mine Wars 2.0 is released, Map Maker, is supposed to return. Hopefully Map Maker's return will be quick, as it seems apparent it's playerbase has been slowly getting more impatient as the days pass. Hopefully this provides some insight as to how Map Maker could be doing over the summer, despite not being referenced in the latest Update post. Whether Havoc will stay true to their word and release it after Mine Wars 2.0 is completed, or if they completely forgot about it, is completely uncertain.

Last edited:

ColoringFox

Yeah it kinda sucks. Especially since people had maps that they worked really hard on that were lost when mapmaker was taken down. I think we'll get it back, but it never hurts to remind the staff and builders that they made a promise.

JayySama

Map Maker was like a creative server, right? If so I'd like to see this readded to the network, it'd really make a great addition to the server.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Map Maker was like a creative server, right? If so I'd like to see this readded to the network, it'd really make a great addition to the server.
    Yeah, that was what it was. It had contests you could participate in for shop vouchers, and infinite maps. It was very unique compared to your common plot server, but I think it would take some time to fix, since performance due to infinite maps and the amount of players using worledit at once and such, it just won't be very reliable. Nonetheless, I'm quite certain it should be coming back, and better.