• IP Copied!
  • Items Despawning Too Fast?

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    I know a lot of us who have been playing TMD for a while now and warring frequently have this issue of killing people and then having their gear despawn too quickly or simply dying and having their gear despawn in front of their eyes as they go to retrieve it. Personally, the despawn time seems to be unusually fast (not ground clearing). My suggestion is just to find a way to make items stay on the ground for longer or at least until the next ground clearing.

Firrothe

Yeah, thats true, something like 30 Secs and all is cleared. Some time ago it was possible to run from Mallow to belport to get the lost items back. If you try that now, you wont get anything cause it allready despawned

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    They upped despawn time because items were making too much lag in front of places like berx on full TMD-1

bethgreenesings
    bethgreenesings bethgreenesings
    I also think it's a kinda fast. After I kill someone and go to loot their things it's already despawned, or as I'm looting it it despawns before I can sort thru it all. Kinda annoying.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    The stuff disappears fast because, large amounts of stuff floating around causes alot more lag than you would think.

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    I quite like the fast despawn time.

It adds an extra challenge to the server.

Plus my 1864 computer would be destroyed by lag if it's as bad as people make out.

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    Agreed, I would prefer the fast despawn time; Because that way you would have to start over and actually go out and explore for gear.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    Maybe the quicker despawn time was put in place to thin our some product. Especially possibly duped product floating around the server. Fast despawn, less chance of getting them in crates.. things that make you go hrmmmmm.

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    Maybe the quicker despawn time was put in place to thin our some product. Especially possibly duped product floating around the server. Fast despawn, less chance of getting them in crates.. things that make you go hrmmmmm.

Earlier in the thread it was stated that items despawn faster to reduce lag.

mrsteve_0914

mrsteve_0914
    mrsteve_0914 mrsteve_0914
    Hey I have an idea! Let's just blow stuff that people drop in berx or where ever with an rpg that'll clear the lag much quicker! #XplodeUrJugg