• IP Copied!
  • Life Lives On

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    First off I would like to make thing clear, this isnt about the server dying because frankly its not. Its about why it was and why it is no longer dying. The new age of TMD.

The seemingly random actions of the owners, such as the removal of MW, the abandonment of HH and, etc. are all perfectly reasonable. The simple fact is these things became unprofitable with seemingly no profits in the near future, and for a small server going through tough times these cut's where necessary to keep the server alive. Truly when the server began to die was at the removal of the Build server.* Not because of the removal itself but because Build was not making income. This was for many different reasons, unfortunately I was absent when this happened however the pressure on all of Minecraft PC from the shrinking player-base was certainly a main reason. (source)** Eventually as the player-base shrank cuts needed to be made to keep the server alive.

Now the thing most people care about are the changes made to TMD, the servers main game mode. The reason for these is simple as well. TMD is no longer a PvP server it's a PvE server. Anyone who has paid attention to the player numbers of TMDPvP and TMDPvE will know that several months ago there where more players on PvE than PvP generally. Now a days those numbers have became a more even spread however PvE elements have been integrated into the PvP server as players from PvE "mature" into PvP like I did more than 2 years ago. So because PvE players now make up a larger percent of the playerbase they get more attention from the owners.

Ultimately this is hopeful news for the server. What's more with the server being more PvE than PvP that means there are things that can be done to push it more towards the better currents of an RP server.

*It is important to note the addition of the Mythic rank was done as a result of Havoc no longer growing and thus was a precursor to the falling numbers if you will.

**Before Im told this in the comments I will address it here. The number of people owning the game is going up however the number of people playing is going down. Compare any graph of the number of minecraft players to the graphs in the cited article and this will become clear if it isn't already.

Last edited:

Kendrq

Famous
    Kendrq
    Kendrq Kendrq
    This post seems rather vague to me in terms of what you believe is hurting the server and what you feel could be done to help the server. These seem like very generalized, matter-of-fact statements about how the server has evolved rather than an opinionated writing piece.

If you could offer specific aspects of the gameplay that you dislike or feel are harming the server currently, please post them here along with any possible solutions you have. You can also add generalized suggestions for content you'd like to see. This doesn't mean that the things you post will necessarily be altered/implemented, but without any kind of specifics you have a solid 0% chance for us to even understand what you or players in general want, let alone for those things to be implemented.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    This post seems rather vague to me in terms of what you believe is hurting the server and what you feel could be done to help the server. These seem like very generalized, matter-of-fact statements about how the server has evolved rather than an opinionated writing piece.

If you could offer specific aspects of the gameplay that you dislike or feel are harming the server currently, please post them here along with any possible solutions you have. You can also add generalized suggestions for content you'd like to see. This doesn't mean that the things you post will necessarily be altered/implemented, but without any kind of specifics you have a solid 0% chance for us to even understand what you or players in general want, let alone for those things to be implemented.
    this isnt about improvements, its about what is going on because that is not exactly clear to people who dont have a mindset like me.