• Yes

• No

• It should be done diffrently

Results are only viewable after voting.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    So I was playing earlier when I encountered a problem. I wanted to talk to a friend who I knew was going to come back online soon but I wanted to do something else for a bit. So I thought what if you could send your friends mail for when they came back online! How it would work like so.

Player-1: /Mail Player-2 Hey I'm going on a trip for spring break so I won't be able to play.
    Then a day later Player-2 comes online and see's a message: You have mail in you inbox type /Mail yes to see it.
    Player-2: /Mail yes
    A message pop's up on their screen: Mail from Player-1: Hey I'm going on a trip for spring break so I won't be able to play.

While Player-2 is now sad at least he knows his friend won't be on for a week so there is no need to worry that maybe he quit Minecraft.

Snakefangs2004

Mythical
    Snakefangs2004
    Snakefangs2004 Snakefangs2004
    +1 this would not really because it would be helpful to the players to message each other when they are gone and for example if they have different time zones or something happened like.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    So I was playing earlier when I encountered a problem. I wanted to talk to a friend who I knew was going to come back online soon but I wanted to do something else for a bit. So I thought what if you could send your friends mail for when they came back online! How it would work like so.

Player-1: /Mail Player-2 Hey I'm going on a trip for spring break so I won't be able to play.
    Then a day later Player-2 comes online and see's a message: You have mail in you inbox type /Mail yes to see it.
    Player-2: /Mail yes
    A message pop's up on their screen: Mail from Player-1: Hey I'm going on a trip for spring break so I won't be able to play.

While Player-2 is now sad at least he knows his friend won't be on for a week so there is no need to worry that maybe he quit Minecraft.

Dear Butter,

This idea was already suggested. Now and days kids use social media. I'm not sure whether anyone here at Havoc is comfortable sharing this information, but it's whatever. Skye and Discord are also free applications that many gamer(s) use. I don't really feel a need for this, as there's already a friends system.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Dear Butter,

This idea was already suggested. Now and days kids use social media. I'm not sure whether anyone here at Havoc is comfortable sharing this information, but it's whatever. Skye and Discord are also free applications that many gamer(s) use. I don't really feel a need for this, as there's already a friends system.
    I know that bud I've been a player here longer than you have. No need to show fake respect. Not everybody uses social media I for one do not. I'm well aware of the friend system that's why this should happen. I dont use discord or skype dont plan on it either. So this is a perfectly reasonable answer to that issue.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    As a previous player had posted, a /mail system is a great idea! I have pushed it in the staff chats, so I hope it gets considered. It is great for those who don't have the means or time to get Discord or Skype.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    As a previous player had posted, a /mail system is a great idea! I have pushed it in the staff chats, so I hope it gets considered. It is great for those who don't have the means or time to get Discord or Skype.

I think it's a good idea, but would be complicated and can be used as a means of harassment and bullying. You can use Skype, discord, thé HavocMC website, etc, as it isn't a big priority at the moment.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    I think it's a good idea, but would be complicated and can be used as a means of harassment and bullying. You can use Skype, discord, thé HavocMC website, etc, as it isn't a big priority at the moment.
    thats why it would be between friends. If sombody sent* you a rude message just unfriend them and most people dont use the forrum.

*edit changed send to sent usually dont point out edits but i cant stand ones that involve grammer.

Last edited:

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    thats why it would be between friends. If sombody sent* you a rude message just unfriend them and most people dont use the forrum.

*edit changed send to sent usually dont point out edits but i cant stand ones that involve grammer.
    I understand what you're saying, however my concern is mainly for the players. I don't believe my opinion will sway any of you, so I will stop here.

49ersfan77

Mythical
    49ersfan77
    49ersfan77 49ersfan77

If it was the friend system then mailing may end up being to limited in my opinion. For me at least, usually the people I want to end up sending a mail-like thing to would be random HN teammates and TMD teammates because most of my friends list I already have added on disc. However, for people with social media, it would be good. But, i think in order to appeal to the majority, the mail system would have to be open to be sent/received by all members weather their on your friends list or not, which could cause toxic players to use it for bullying. However, an alternative way to solve all of this is to increase the friends list/ make it unlimited. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but I do like the idea!

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    I think it's a good idea, but would be complicated and can be used as a means of harassment and bullying. You can use Skype, discord, thé HavocMC website, etc, as it isn't a big priority at the .moment.

kinda have to agree with katitude here.

though i used to play on a factions server that had this kind of system. i think it would take some doing, and im not sure if its possible to implement but to safeguard against what katitude said, perhaps only those on friends list or team members can /mail each other.