• IP Copied!
  • Making TMD easier with resource pack editing

Falaras

Titan
    Falaras
    Falaras Falaras
    After i saw ChlngeAccepted made custom gun skins for himself,
    i realized that i can make surviving and killing much easier by editing the textures,
    for example i edited the landmines (tripwire.png) into a bright red square, making them much more noticable,
    and since arrows can be edited, it's possible to do the same with them,
    so if someone is firing at me then i can easily know where the enemy is shooting from.
    Im writing this post because i want to share this trick with those who don't know about it,
    though im sure many already do.

TL;DR: Highlight stuff in the resource pack to make surviving easier.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    After i saw ChlngeAccepted made custom gun skins for himself,
    i realized that i can make surviving and killing much easier by editing the textures,
    for example i edited the landmines (tripwire.png) into a bright red square, making them much more noticable,
    and since arrows can be edited, it's possible to do the same with them,
    so if someone is firing at me then i can easily know where the enemy is shooting from.
    Im writing this post because i want to share this trick with those who don't know about it,
    though im sure many already do.

TL;DR: Highlight stuff in the resource pack to make surviving easier.
    I really hate the fact it's even editable, it's pacing between abuse and fair.

Phenixtri

Phenixtri
    Phenixtri Phenixtri
    yea only the gun, melee weapon, & item models "excluding the landmines" should be open to modification

Projectiles and their particle effects should be off limits too.

This can be easily implemented by having the server automatically make you DL a server side RP that only contains certain game breaking or potentially abuse-able content like again the the projectiles / particles, landmines, barricades, barbed wire, & map blocks for example.

The rest should be open to modification to help keep the community alive and kicking for as long as possible.

For example this is why I am making a more lore friendly custom RP that purely focuses on the weapon models .... tho I already have changed barricade blocks into sand bag emplacements and made the army uniform set more realistic IE digital ACU seen in the show and the weird silver beret thing is now a retexured riot helmet in army ACU and the old riot helm has a new plexy glass face shield :p

Its still WIP tho I am currently having issues atm with the RDS which is now a Aimpoint optic. I have the dot lined up but I am having trouble figuring out weather or not to add a transparent lens to it as im worried that it might obstruct line of sight too much :/

YouCanBeMine

This is a smart idea. Glad someone came up with something like this. Also I'd like to recommend asking a staff member if this is okay. Becuase it does seem like you really do have an advantage.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    This is a smart idea. Glad someone came up with something like this. Also I'd like to recommend asking a staff member if this is okay. Becuase it does seem like you really do have an advantage.
    the staff cant find out unless u make this kind of a post and so what who cares

Phenixtri

Phenixtri
    Phenixtri Phenixtri
    not really sure what would warrant me getting a ban but what ever 0_o I just mod the games I like for ****s and giggles ... its a hobby to me.