• IP Copied!
  • Mine Wars

Should HavocMC bring back Mine Wars? / Should I continue Mine Wars on a different server?

• No more Mine Wars :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Witherbrine1001

I am not putting this in support because I am worried I could get in trouble if I did that. This is mostly for staff though.

Basically, I want Mine Wars back. When MW was shut down, it was not a big deal for most people. But I know that there are people who really enjoyed the game, and are sad to see it go. And as one of those people, I have an idea. I was wondering if I could take over the development of the game. Yes, it is a lot to ask, but this game means a lot to some people, and if I could make those people happy, that would mean so much too me. I understand it will probably not be brought back to HavocMC, but if I could just have this, that would be amazing. Sorry for such a long rant, but I really hope you consider this (I would also give HavocMC all the credit).

Runkelpokk

I am not putting this in support because I am worried I could get in trouble if I did that. This is mostly for staff though.

Basically, I want Mine Wars back. When MW was shut down, it was not a big deal for most people. But I know that there are people who really enjoyed the game, and are sad to see it go. And as one of those people, I have an idea. I was wondering if I could take over the development of the game. Yes, it is a lot to ask, but this game means a lot to some people, and if I could make those people happy, that would mean so much too me. I understand it will probably not be brought back to HavocMC, but if I could just have this, that would be amazing. Sorry for such a long rant, but I really hope you consider this (I would also give HavocMC all the credit).
    i sure they wont give you the source code of minewars but you should be able to apply as developer and continue working on minewars

Chocolattae

Famous
    Chocolattae
    Chocolattae Chocolattae
    Mine Wars would be a great addition to Havoc considering the recent surge in Star Wars that may continue for the foreseeable future. Is it plausible that it’ll be added back? More signs point to no, but we can still be hopeful about its return. I’d personally love to see Mine Wars make a return since I never experienced it and I can only live it through what players say about it and videos. I unfortunately have no say in what the owners do about Mine Wars. The owners may still have the server files tucked away somewhere, so you never know! We’re most likely going to continue to hire more developers, so it’d be nice to see Mine Wars make a return with the addition of these developers.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Mine Wars could definitely make a comeback and have a consistent player base if it returned. There is no relevant competition in terms of other servers, and would probably make money if they would actually put any effort into it.

Witherbrine1001

Mine Wars would be a great addition to Havoc considering the recent surge in Star Wars that may continue for the foreseeable future. Is it plausible that it’ll be added back? More signs point to no, but we can still be hopeful about its return. I’d personally love to see Mine Wars make a return since I never experienced it and I can only live it through what players say about it and videos. I unfortunately have no say in what the owners do about Mine Wars. The owners may still have the server files tucked away somewhere, so you never know! We’re most likely going to continue to hire more developers, so it’d be nice to see Mine Wars make a return with the addition of these developers.
    I am not really able to code or anything, but I could help with things like file configuration and troubleshooting plugin errors.

Runkelpokk

I am not really able to code or anything, but I could help with things like file configuration and troubleshooting plugin errors.
    Well for plugin configs they wont hire someone tzhe problem about mw is that the code is outdated and there are gamebreaking bugs which require an active dev whos able to spend his power into the game

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    There have been a bunch of threads like this and I’m sad to say but they condition MW was in when they took it down wasn’t great at all. Don’t get me wring, I loved MW but at the end of the day it’s quality wasn’t great and it had no more than 20 players on at a time. I honestly can see why the owners decided to shut it down and I feel bad for them because at the end of the day, they didn’t want to take it down, they had to.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    There have been a bunch of threads like this and I’m sad to say but they condition MW was in when they took it down wasn’t great at all. Don’t get me wring, I loved MW but at the end of the day it’s quality wasn’t great and it had no more than 20 players on at a time. I honestly can see why the owners decided to shut it down and I feel bad for them because at the end of the day, they didn’t want to take it down, they had to.
    The only reason it had a bad playerbase is because it never got updates. The owners didn’t care about MW at all, otherwise it would’ve gotten much more updates.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    The only reason it had a bad playerbase is because it never got updates. The owners didn’t care about MW at all, otherwise it would’ve gotten much more updates.
    That’s not true at all. They spent a lot of time trying to invest into MW 2.0 but they didn’t have the time or resources to complete it. This has always been a Mining Dead server and if the main game mode isn’t doing well they have to fix that before anything else.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    That’s not true at all. They spent a lot of time trying to invest into MW 2.0 but they didn’t have the time or resources to complete it. This has always been a Mining Dead server and if the main game mode isn’t doing well they have to fix that before anything else.
    It literally didn’t get an update for over a year. If they cared, they certainly didn’t show it. They had the money to hire developers, so they had the resources. Also, at the time, TMD was doing well, so there was no reason not to work on MW.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    It literally didn’t get an update for over a year. If they cared, they certainly didn’t show it. They had the money to hire developers, so they had the resources. Also, at the time, TMD was doing well, so there was no reason not to work on MW.
    They were working on it before they took it down. They put hours and hours of work to fix it up and it was just to much for them to deal with. They have made all this public and they also made it clear that it is a possibility in the future (Stated @ https://havocmc.net/threads/tmd-and-tmdc-updates.6621/#post-54550).

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    No one’s saying that it can come back. If they made updates they would have added them. The only thing that stopped them was laziness.
    @_Nickk clearly states that it is a possibility that they add it back. Therefore they will not release the files. I’m not going to argue this more, it is common knowledge for those who have been active in the community the past two years.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    @_Nickk clearly states that it is a possibility that they add it back. Therefore they will not release the files. I’m not going to argue this more, it is common knowledge for those who have been active in the community the past two years.
    My mistake, I meant to say that no ones saying it can’t come back.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    My mistake, I meant to say that no ones saying it can’t come back.
    It’s okay. We can agree on this, it probably isn’t coming back. However, there is a small sliver of hope. If _Nickk wasn’t lying, there is a sliver of hope for a return. Even if not a return, they will release the files publicly for all to injoy.

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    No one’s saying that it can come back. If they made updates they would have added them. The only thing that stopped them was laziness.
    It takes time and money to develop the game mode. To invest in something that doesn’t produce money is not a smart way to processes. TMD was the big money maker, and it was decided to focus on TMD.

The owners did not want to continue with Star Wars because they felt like TMD would be more worth it. It also would cost money for developers to do the required coding to update the maps. The hype for Star Wars has died down, the time for it has passed. It’s not coming back. Majority of the Star Wars builders are inactive now anyways, but a Mandlorian type game mode would be interesting to see. But then again, who knows at this point if it would be even worth it to devote time and developers into it.