• It's nice.

Votes: 7 70.0%
    • Meh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Needs work.

Votes: 1 10.0%
    • I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • A monkey missing half it's brain could have made something better.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    This is a little story I wrote for fun, so enjoy!

The End:

Trapped on top of an eighteen-wheeler, Drew and his faithful friend Mason were out of options. As the massive horde continued to surround their vehicle, the pair's chance for survival dwindled away.

"It looks like this is it Mason, the end of the road for us."
    Mason chuckled, "Don't say that Drew, we will think of something! We always do!"
    Drew let out a sigh, "Not this time old friend, I think they finally got us. To be honest I can't believe we made it this far. Three years is a long time to survive in a desolate world like this."
    Mason suddenly became painfully aware that his friend wasn't joking, "You mean we really are gonna die out here?"
    "Afraid so"
    "But Drew it can't be. NO I refuse to believe it!"
    "Did you think it would get this far Mason, the infection that is?"
    "No.. I thought they would have got it under control. Guess I was wrong.."
    The eighter-wheeler started to slightly rock as over 20 walkers pressed up against it.
    "Mason they will tip this thing soon, and when they do it will be the end of us as we know it.
    Tears began to fill Mason's eyes he wasn't ready to die! "Drew... I don't wanna die! I am only 16! I don't deserve a fate like this!"
    "I'm sorry Mason, I really am."
    The eighteen-wheeler suddenly began to tip to the right. The pair knew this was it for them. As the eighteeen-wheeler began to fall over, Drew thought back to how it all began so long ago...

Lemme know what you guys think I wrote this for fun. If you guys want to see the story from the beginning then let me know. I will gladly take any suggestions to help better the story such as a better way to present dialogue between the characters

Last edited:

Wobiee

Mythical
    Wobiee
    Wobiee Wobiee
    It's a great story! If you could be bothered I'd like to see a prequel (leading up to their dire situation) or a sequel (in which they end up living, or only one of them dies.) Other than that it was fantastic! :)

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    I really enjoyed reading this one.

Quick editing tip, when writing numbers, it looks better to use the word rather than the figure.
    20 -> twenty.
    Alrighty I'll make that change, I think I made it once but then I slacked off at the end. :p

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    It's a great story! If you could be bothered I'd like to see a prequel (leading up to their dire situation) or a sequel (in which they end up living, or only one of them dies.) Other than that it was fantastic! :)
    Sure thing I would love to make more, it will start off with where it all began, and go through their three year journey.

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    The Beginning:

I remember it like it was yesterday, that horrible day when we first heard about the infection. It was the year two thousand seventeen, I was sixteen at the time. It was a crisp autumn day and all the leaves had fallen. Of course I was stuck on rake duty. I was about half way done when my mother called me inside for something urgent.
    "Drew get inside, NOW." Something was seriously wrong, she seemed very.. panicked.
    "Be right there"
    I hurried inside, my mother gestured towards the tv. She had it paused on the channel five news.
    "What's going on mom?"
    She hastily shushed me as she pressed play on the remote.
    *Reports are coming in about the new mysterious virus known only as "Z". Not much is known about the mysterous Z virus. However, it does pose a major threat. The virus has already been placed on the WHO watch list after it's discovery just one short week ago. The Z virus has already spread to millions of people across the globe, and is expected to infected over a billion in the next month. People everywhere are advised to avoid any physical contact with anyone until the virus can be completely contained.*
    My father, who had been silently listening from the kitchen table, stared at my mother with disbelief.
    "You don't actually believe that crap do you Mary?"
    "Well I mean... it sounded pretty serious to me Danny."
    "There's no need to worry. You know how the media is, they blow things way out of proportion. Like look at Ebola, remember that whole fiasco. There hasn't been any major news on it in over a year. The media clearly made it out to be a much bigger threat then it actually was."
    I felt like my father was taking this too lightly. This was nothing like Ebola, it had spread to millions of people in a matter of a few days. This was no ordinary virus. In fact very well could become the next plague.
    "Dad I think this is serious. Millions of people have shown signs of infection. There is no way the media would exaggerate it that much."
    "Son trust me, it's nothing. Remember, I have lived 30 years longer then you have. I have seen much more of these kinds of things, and they all blow over."
    "But Dad..."
    "But nothing. I have made my point. There is nothing to worry about, this will all blow over in a few months. Now go back outside and finish raking the leaves."
    "Yes sir..."
    Sometimes I hated my Father. He was as stubborn as a mule, and refused to see things any other way besides his own. It was around eight o'clock when I finally finished raking the leaves. I made my way inside and from the doorway I spotted my dinner on the table. It was pizza! I rushed over only to find an unpleasant surprise on my pizza. It was covered in anchovies. I stared down in disgust at the pizza. I hated anchovies. As I took the first bite of that disgusting dish I nearly puked. I took three more bites until I could bare no more. I picked up the abomination and tossed it in the garbage can.
    "Good riddance."
    I made my way upstairs and turned on the radio. Someone had to keep tabs on the infection and my family clearly wasn't going to do it. While listening to the radio, I began to do my homework. However I couldn't stay focused at all. All I could think about was the next news report. It took me over 3 hours, but I managed to get my homework done. No new reports on the virus had come in yet, just a bunch of crap about income tax going up and how Tonald Drump was supposedly going to cause WWIII. As the hour went on, I struggled to stay awake. I didn't want to go to sleep for the fear that I would miss any news on the virus. However a few moments later, I found myself unable to open my eyes and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Wow that was a fairly long one to write lol. Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the very beginning of it all. I will be posting at least 1 story each day! If you have any suggestions or feedback I will gladly take them!

Last edited: