Votes: 51 39.2%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    In conclusion, add an OPTMD and TMD so the og players can keep the experience they paid for. Add an anticheat instead of just capping pains for the legit players. Listen to us and don't force updates.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    It's hard enough for the server to be full as it is. Adding another server is just going to make the servers more empty.
    Dude thats the point, they are assuming these new players can't survive and the og players hate the guys that get 20 cps but it is false. Everyone stays on TMD-1 because they like the plugins. New players just go on TMD 3 and 4.

SomeDumbCat

I am a OG player and if you need to make an OPTMD (It was empty because there was only old players , and there were always wars.) do that because it is just going to make you lose players/gain less players. Personally I think it is better to keep something for OG players who like the old system happy.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    You do know that when we had OPTMD and TMD, OPTMD was empty because these "new players" are always on TMD 3 and 4. The OG players who know how to pvp are on TMD 1 and 2. No one is leaving because of pains being op. They are leaving because staff just do these updates and break things. Just listen to the community for once.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    Just make the pains the same, add and anitcheat so kids get banned for op pain spamming. Don't cap it for legit players because then legit players die to kids that have an autoclicker.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    I paid for this server but now I regret it because you staff just choose to keep changing things and making things worse. You gotta understand its not the people leave cause of the pains it is because of the updates.

Yoiji

Mythical
    Yoiji
    Yoiji Yoiji
    THIS IS BS! U JUST ADDED A NEW VOTE WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE?! Now no one will be able to vote for that. OMFG

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    THIS IS BS! U JUST ADDED A NEW VOTE WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE?! Now no one will be able to vote for that. OMFG
    Stop the all CAPS it makes you sound childish...use rationalism

Okay, New System: Cheaters will rely on "tracers"(maps) which is hard to catch...Old System: Autoclicking, Tracers, etc. and it keeps the general population of PVP-Only happy, making TMD more of a PVP server then Walking Dead Server( What happened to TMD Realism?)

Another disadvantage of the New System is cheaters will use Tracers...hard to catch...and "ez" pissed off Jug

My Suggestion is to Reopen TMDPractice where you can try the New System...it may get tons of hate, but some may like it for realism...

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Stop the all CAPS it makes you sound childish...use rationalism

Okay, New System: Cheaters will rely on "tracers"(maps) which is hard to catch...Old System: Autoclicking, Tracers, etc. and it keeps the general population of PVP-Only happy, making TMD more of a PVP server then Walking Dead Server( What happened to TMD Realism?)

Another disadvantage of the New System is cheaters will use Tracers...hard to catch...and "ez" pissed off Jug

I forgot to mention Macros, can someone explain them to me?

OgMason

ever consider the reason new players dont stay long is because the map is too big rather than the pvp system? that might be the main reason less people play now . i remember when i first started playing whenver id spawn it wouldnt take long before i ran into someone . there werent too many spawns and i quickly became familiar with the locations in the game but ever since the map updates nobody uses /play to spawn in randomly they just go to safezones. i used to prefer spawning in randomly , looting and seeing how long i could go without dying now that way of playing barely exists anymore everyones at the safezone. yall should put the old map back because bigger doesnt necessarily mean better

OgMason

all this focus on the pvp stuff isnt working now adays the server has nothing to do with the walking dead maybe this server has catered to the try hard serious pvp people too long maybe they donate more money to win but less people enjoy the server because of them just make this the server fun again then there will be multiple channels with 100/100 players just like the old days right now theres 70 people on tmd 1 and you can /suicide and spawn back in 50 times before u find another pllayer in the world and thats cause the only players left are ppl who sit at the safezone camping all day new players simply get bored because they dont run into any conflict . so please bring back this map!!
    ccb92bae65a3ada09575381df8455ebb.jpg

the new one is nothing but trees and endless running thatll lead you nowhere and nobody is defending places like before it was fun to have a gang of people and defend places

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    Scrape legendary items, turn them into skins or something that you’ll earn through certain achievement.

Bring back 2015 mechanics 400 players instantly yw. ;)

Breezepelt

Mythical
    Breezepelt
    Breezepelt Breezepelt
    I have seen many servers die in the past few years, and not just to Minecraft dying in general, but the servers had fault to their downfall as well. I see TMD going head first into the same direction as the others. The vast majority of servers that I see die are not noob-friendly, but quite the opposite; they are heavily biased towards the much older and more experienced players. New players will normally stick around if they see that they can do well and have a good time in the game, but if they see that they keep doing bad and dying and raging constantly, they will quit and never return. Just like the servers that I have seen fall, TMD has that one large component of the problem written all over it, as Lateralization has stated in this thread. Continuing the current system is hopeless for TMD, eventually leaving TMD to wither away and eventually completely collapse, which as a 4-5 year old member of this server, would completely hate to see happen despite my constant nagging and complaining about how bad the server is. Most of it is because I'm still salty that TMD changed as much as it did. If Lateralization's idea of the new PvP system is true, then TMD would lose its bias towards experienced players and newer players and become completely equal. Newer players would be able to win or at least have a fun time with a close fight with players instead of constant death and rage, making them leave and never come back. If a new player gets hooked on the gameplay, then they would more than likely stay. This boosts HavocMC as a whole, both popularity wise and economically wise. In other past experiences with other servers, a player will join a server if they see that it is popular. The more players the better for Havoc. It also means more chances of those players buying something off of HavocMC's store, boosting it economically making room for positive improvements and making it a bigger server in general. The new PvP system sounds very promising to me if it really does have what Lateralization says it would have. I would like to see this idea take place and see where it does take Havoc. I see mainly positive things from this PvP update, but having a old TMD mechanic server would make Havoc like it was when there was a bunch of normal TMDs and one OPTMD, which was around the time TMD started falling apart even more. It's either change it or don't in my opinion. So Havoc community, what is your reasoning behind your opinions? I'm curious now.

Kakreth

Add a anticheat that bans kids that get above 15 so you don't constantly have to ruin the experience for the legit players like capping it all the time. Because they more you cap things it just keeps the autoclickers on the server and makes the legit players leave. Don't worry about cps too because combos can drop anybody.
    i mean, its not that hard to get over 15cps legitimately

Kakreth

I have seen many servers die in the past few years, and not just to Minecraft dying in general, but the servers had fault to their downfall as well. I see TMD going head first into the same direction as the others. The vast majority of servers that I see die are not noob-friendly, but quite the opposite; they are heavily biased towards the much older and more experienced players. New players will normally stick around if they see that they can do well and have a good time in the game, but if they see that they keep doing bad and dying and raging constantly, they will quit and never return. Just like the servers that I have seen fall, TMD has that one large component of the problem written all over it, as Lateralization has stated in this thread. Continuing the current system is hopeless for TMD, eventually leaving TMD to wither away and eventually completely collapse, which as a 4-5 year old member of this server, would completely hate to see happen despite my constant nagging and complaining about how bad the server is. Most of it is because I'm still salty that TMD changed as much as it did. If Lateralization's idea of the new PvP system is true, then TMD would lose its bias towards experienced players and newer players and become completely equal. Newer players would be able to win or at least have a fun time with a close fight with players instead of constant death and rage, making them leave and never come back. If a new player gets hooked on the gameplay, then they would more than likely stay. This boosts HavocMC as a whole, both popularity wise and economically wise. In other past experiences with other servers, a player will join a server if they see that it is popular. The more players the better for Havoc. It also means more chances of those players buying something off of HavocMC's store, boosting it economically making room for positive improvements and making it a bigger server in general. The new PvP system sounds very promising to me if it really does have what Lateralization says it would have. I would like to see this idea take place and see where it does take Havoc. I see mainly positive things from this PvP update, but having a old TMD mechanic server would make Havoc like it was when there was a bunch of normal TMDs and one OPTMD, which was around the time TMD started falling apart even more. It's either change it or don't in my opinion. So Havoc community, what is your reasoning behind your opinions? I'm curious now.
    honestly the reason it started to fall apart then was because of glitches and lack of wars and map postioning problems (i.e. the only palce colse enough to war being prison). i genuinely dont believe it was the separation of play styles that caused the falling apart but more the way it was rushed and kinda glitchy, personally i would love to see a system that would allow for tanking but in a way that involves dodging shots as well as some cps incorperated way, perhaps making painkillers only stack to 16 but also allowing medpacks to stack to 16 with a cooldown on them would be a potential "tanking" system that would be slightly more noob friendly, one thing that was definitely a step in the right direction was a buff to all automatic weapons, it didnt completely shift the meta but it had a huge impact on how some people play.

another thing is i think that vehicles are potentially killing the pvp aspect of the game, a player can just take 10 bikes out with them whenever they go and just run from any fight they might lose, perhaps making vehicles non stackable would make players think about how many they bring to a fight, more fights would go until completion rather than ending in the last 2 remaining players just "dipping" on their 100000 bikes

Juggie

Mythical
    Juggie
    Juggie Juggie
    Hello everyone. Please read this thread carefully before replying and/or polling.

Over the course of TMD’s run the PVP system has remained largely unchanged over the years, with a couple changes/attempted changes here an there. For a long while we have felt like the current PVP system, which is based essentially on how fast you can spam painkillers, is unfair to new players, is stale and boring, and can be exploited far too easily. Lately, it seems like a lot of players have been sharing the same or at least similar opinion as us, which is why I’m now making this thread.

We are proposing to overhaul the current PVP system so it’s more fun, so that battles are more intense, so that new players can have a fair chance, and so that in general the system can’t be exploited like the current one.

Current PVP System:
    -Gun damages are quite high to offset the painkiller spamming aspect.
    -A cap of 12 painkillers can be used per second.
    -The combat boils down to how fast you can right click and if you’re at least half decent at aiming.
    -Heavily favours experienced players and does not give new players a fair chance.

Updated PVP System:
    -Gun damages would be reduced in the absence of painkiller spamming (would be heavily tested to ensure it’s fair).
    -Painkillers would (most likely) have a one per second usage limit, or something similiar. Painkiller spamming would not be the focus of PVP.
    -Would provide an equal chance for both old and new players to enjoy and succeed in combat.
    -Wars and just general PVP could be a lot more tense and interesting then what it is now.

We have wanted to have a more fair and realistic PVP system/experience for a long time, but until recently it had seemed nobody wanted that change. Seeing as that many players are now disliking the current system we believed that it would be a good time to make this thread as a suggestions to see what the community would like to see happen.

Please note that I covered only the basics of the potential new PVP system. These can be changed or edited and are not set in stone.

Thank you for reading this. Please remember to vote on the poll.
    When I actually got good at pvp on this it was fun and pains were really good but now they arent good and everyone dies with buffed guns and crap pains pls fix that

FatAnimall

Mythical
    FatAnimal
    FatAnimal FatAnimal
    Just saying like, we got Wraithz over here complaining about pains but he's the one hitting me through the red staircase. And another thing is D1CE 6 blocking me soooo. Honestly, make it how if you hit 20 cps with katana or tank with 20 cps it just puts them in a combat logger. 1. Fixes how people used to be getting kicked. 2. People will stop tanking as much and it will be balanced. Making a tmd-1 and tmd-2 (like before) tmd-2 was the pain cooldown but I felt like when there were 2 tmd's there were no fights on neither because everyone split. We should keep it with normal tanking but kick them when they hit 20cps on either katana or pains. I like the medkit idea +1 but thats not gonna keep you alive the whole time. Another thing is that people can sz enter when in combat. This has been a glitch since the start of the new map and no fix, could you please fix it? One last thing is that fix spas because it does 0.5 dmg to full juggs js. -FatAnimal Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.