• Try the new system

Votes: 79 60.8%
    • Keep the old system

Votes: 51 39.2%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

stepmomie

I like the current system, change it and all the good players that have been playing wont play. You will lose players daily just because people can't pvp or right click. This "new" system will be nothing but a trouble. If the new system goes I am quitting and im sure other people will as well.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I like the idea of the old map being reintroduced
    Stop letting things like ammo, food, painkillers, and bags stack. How does one walk around with 64 cans of soup realistically? Shotty ammo should really be the only stackable ammo, since it is individual shots rather than a full magazine. Even then, it should stack to either 8 or 16 per slot
    There is actually a few WarZ/zombie servers I play on that are hyper-realistic. In one of them,you are limited to only 3 guns (two in your hotbar, and one in the inv) you can only have the ammo required for those few guns, food is not stackable, and you have to be resourceful with the scraps you find (to make nets, armor, etc). It gets annoying for me because I like to horde ;)

In another, you can only stack ammo to 16, and shotgun to 64. Also, the healing item, blood bags, can only heal you if another player uses it on you. Otherwise, you have to eat food to heal yourself. They also have bones and bandages to cure bleeding and broken legs (if you fall from a height greater than 4 blocks).

Maybe if Havoc toyed with some of these features we could go for hyper-realism. I'm not saying we should, it's just an idea. I personally wouldn't care, but I prefer what we have now.

-Cat

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    To be honest, you want more new players? Make loot more common....for real, it takes alot of time to just get ONE set of riot..... And pains you get like ONE stack every 1k police boxes...thats why new players NEVER stay. Let me give you a tip... Make the OG Players happy. Because if not.... RIP The original tmd.... Before, There were fights everywhere, now there are roleplayers everywhere.
    Um, this is false on so many levels. I don't know where you're looting, but I can assure you, it's actually EASIER to get loot than it was when chests were around. Alexandria's armory, the gun store in Atlanta, Junkyard, etc. As for wars, they're still everywhere. The pvp servers usually got them going on all the time. All the roleplayers hangout in TMD-3 and 4, so unless you're on a pve server, there aren't roleplayers...

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Didn't notice I wrote "just kidding" I most of had it in Ctrl v .
    In all honesty? I don't think you were kidding. Keep your toxic-ness to yourself and do the forums a favor and stop complaining about every single little thing. The more you complain, the less likely something will be done to fix it. You aren't even "og," my goodness. Never even heard of you till late summer.

like_a_pig

like_a_pig
    like_a_pig like_a_pig
    Lol.... Lets start off with #1... I had "i was kidding" in ctrl v... Because i didnt want to type since i was on my phone..... Second off, yes i am an og.... My old accounts name was Reverse.. obviously don't have it anymore though because id be using that badass name ....

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Lol.... Lets start off with #1... I had "i was kidding" in ctrl v... Because i didnt want to type since i was on my phone..... Second off, yes i am an og.... My old accounts name was Reverse.. obviously don't have it anymore though because id be using that badass name ....
    Oof, I don't care if it was in your ctrl v. You didn't tpe it so it made you seem like a entitled snob. There we go, got the basis of that argument out of the way.

Then there's the idea of OG. What do you qualify as "og"? Because Reverse still seems like an obsolete name. Also, you joined the forums this year (that isn't necessarily the best argument, as I joined the forums late as well, but still). To be honest, I would have expected these so called "og" players to try to turn the server around rather than spewing hatred and bitterness at every turn. Quitting doesn't help either, because y'all come back the very next day to complain and bicker.

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    Don't need to combine things, this will just push away your donators. Just listen to a guy who is teamed with new and old players. Just listen to the community in general. This is why the server went stale also. No one listens and the server doesn't update small things they try to update with these big plans without talking to the community. Whenever you guys break something like spas doing 9 hearts. You take 3 months to fix it but now it only does 3 hearts which is useless. It should change depending on the distance of where you shoot. The server won't be stale if you just listen to us.
    First of all i just wanna say im not gonna argure with you about this. I personally was not in the server when it was first created. Though since ive joined, its been awesome. Yes there are bugs. Yes, there is the occasional crash. But to be honest, this server has relatively small problems compared to others. However when posting about a solution to a problem and says "listen to us" and follows with a specific idea or opinion (your suggestion with the shot gun for example), I find it difficult not to call that out instead of reading what you wrote. You represent your own opinion. I represent my opinion. All that read this represent their own opinions. Some do not share your views so please refrain from overstating the magnitude of the opinion as it can draw the reader from the main issue.If the entire server wanted exactly the same things to happen, they (the staff) would try to implement the change. The staff must figure out what is best for the server in its entirety. In most cases that requires trial and error. If there is a problem with the server, just report it to a staff with a specific and resoned idea of how to fix it.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I personally think that a new PvP system would be great. What the server needs is new players, and all the "pros" with the Juggernaut & Painkillers & Ranks kill them before they can get anything, which in turn drives them away. If all the veterans leave, fine. If they leave then they leave and get replaced with the next generation of players. If they stay they will adapt or at least try to. Or, perhaps a compromise between the two groups?

A new PvP system, in my opinion at least, should mean no Juggernaut, Legendaries, and Painkillers, as well as more balanced ranks like the old TMD Hardcore. I say that current TMD becomes TMD-WAR so that the old players can keep having scraps with each other like how the PvP system is now, and 3-4 new servers open up called TMD-Realistic which would be recommended for new players or people that want to have a more authentic Walking Dead experience, as well as Roleplayers. That way, everyone wins. Features on each could be:

TMD-WAR
    • Buffed weapons
    • Buffed Juggernaut
    • Buffed Painkillers
    • Current map (or possibly old map?)
    TMD-Realistic
    • Nerfed weapons
    • No legendaries
    • No Juggernaut
    • No Painkillers (or at least a cooldown on them)
    • More balanced ranks
    • Buffed walkers
    • Maybe the map the current one replaced.
    As well as TMD changing, I propose that Hell Night also should be changed to be kind of a mixture of the two TMD servers, or possibly the return of voting for the loot type like it used to. If voting was brought back, there should be several things that should change:

• All players should be able to vote, not just ranked players (1 vote for non-ranked players and VIPs, 2 for Champions and Legends, and 3 votes for Titans and Mythicals.
    • Make item spawns more even, instead of were players that spawn in the middle of nowhere get trampled on by anyone who spawns at the Prison. Still keep some locations better then others better, as it adds a bit of luck to the game, but not by a huge amount.

Last edited:

lignd

lignd
    lignd lignd
    i feel like we should, you know have same type of forest. I've been playing a while, mostly on non pvp servers, but I can tell you one thing about pvp, it happens to fast, from getting behind the normie man looting something while you get behind him and shoot him and his police gear with a glock, to getting railed down by a man who looks like he has nothing, but actually 1 hits you naked with his barrett

Chin_Man

Champion
    Chin_Man
    Chin_Man Chin_Man
    If you dont want tmd to go dead, add new things that are actually cool not just change everything so theres no point of playing tmd

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    I personally think that a new PvP system would be great. What the server needs is new players, and all the "pros" with the Juggernaut & Painkillers & Ranks kill them before they can get anything, which in turn drives them away. If all the veterans leave, fine. If they leave then they leave and get replaced with the next generation of players. If they stay they will adapt or at least try to. Or, perhaps a compromise between the two groups?

A new PvP system, in my opinion at least, should mean no Juggernaut, Legendaries, and Painkillers, as well as more balanced ranks like the old TMD Hardcore. I say that current TMD becomes TMD-WAR so that the old players can keep having scraps with each other like how the PvP system is now, and 3-4 new servers open up called TMD-Realistic which would be recommended for new players or people that want to have a more authentic Walking Dead experience, as well as Roleplayers. That way, everyone wins. Features on each could be:

TMD-WAR
    • Buffed weapons
    • Buffed Juggernaut
    • Buffed Painkillers
    • Current map (or possibly old map?)
    TMD-Realistic
    • Nerfed weapons
    • No legendaries
    • No Juggernaut
    • No Painkillers (or at least a cooldown on them)
    • More balanced ranks
    • Buffed walkers
    • Maybe the map the current one replaced.
    As well as TMD changing, I propose that Hell Night also should be changed to be kind of a mixture of the two TMD servers, or possibly the return of voting for the loot type like it used to. If voting was brought back, there should be several things that should change:

• All players should be able to vote, not just ranked players (1 vote for non-ranked players and VIPs, 2 for Champions and Legends, and 3 votes for Titans and Mythicals.
    • Make item spawns more even, instead of were players that spawn in the middle of nowhere get trampled on by anyone who spawns at the Prison. Still keep some locations better then others better, as it adds a bit of luck to the game, but not by a huge amount.
    Everything except for the nerfing of weapons(If you get shot, you should be definitely ded) and adding other medical items in the Hardcore server. If we want to have separate servers, we probably should make the other one a little bit more like TMDPractice, or make high tier weapons a lot easier to get...but then no one will buy legendary crates...so nevermind on that...

MrCalimero

Mythical
    MrCalimero
    MrCalimero MrCalimero
    Tbh, the server is dead bc of the updates YOU, THE SERVER, made. We, the players, didn't ask for a cps cap. when I just started playing the server, I didn't have a good amount of cps to tank a katana in full jugg. I didn't really care. The fun is that you can learn from what you did wrong, noobs in this time won't get better. If the server was still like a year ago, it would be good. The old map, the old gun, mechanics and the pains were good. Why change it? We didn't ask for it, did we? You should stop listening to yourself and the noobs and make the server so it won't just be dead. You did a great job when you first made the server. The server was as it used to be. In these days, I try to make some content for my video's. I can't get any good content bc you, the server, made it go downhill. If you were just gonna try make it as it was, you would get the most people back on tmd. The times it was fun. Also mangled needs to be unbanned and the server will be alot of fun. This is just the best option you can do atm. Make tmd as it was.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    We, the players, didn't ask for a cps cap.
    The cps cap was instituted because people were using autoclickers, therefore giving them an unfair advantage.
    The old map, the old gun, mechanics and the pains were good.
    The old map is irrelevant now, and it is no longer on file. The old guns caused lag for those with slower pcs; hence the new pack. Pains have never been good, imo.
    You should stop listening to yourself and the noobs and make the server so it won't just be dead.
    So you're saying focus only on the players who've been here for a long time? That seems counterintuitive.. If the server is formed just for a certain group's individual needs, there will be no growth, no new players, etc.. It's not all about "you."
    Also mangled needs to be unbanned and the server will be alot of fun.
    He was banned for a reason.. Bringing him back really isn't the best idea. Yes, his "ddos threats" were just a joke, but when he was banned for that, he used alts--> so he was perm banned for ban evasion. Then, he went and tried to make his own tmd server, and I've heard rumors about him hiring Havoc's builder to steal/copy skins, models, etc (I don't know for certain, so it's up in the air).
    This is just the best option you can do atm. Make tmd as it was.
    This just can't happen..

You hate change, I know, we all do. But sometimes you gotta step back and think about how it will affect everyone in the long run, rather than just yourself. That's the problem with this debate, everyone hates the change for selfish reasons. One of the reasons Havoc is experimenting with these new updates is to try and appeal to the newer player base, rather than focusing solely on the veteran players. Yes, you think it stinks, and I do a little, too, but nothing can stay the same forever, or else there's no growth. Come at it with an open mind and try to give it a chance, rather than complaining and shutting your ears. I believe Havoc is still thriving, about 200+ players a day isn't dead in my book! If we all can work together and TRY to come together as a reasonable community, things won't be so bad.

-Cat

Status
    Not open for further replies.