• IP Copied!
  • OGs are cool and all...

... but we seem to forget how people get here in the first place. Players don't usually come in gung-ho ready to spam pains and double barrett combo. They come here expecting a zombie apocalypse where survival is a struggle. If people don't actively RP with friends or competitively pvp, theres nothing more for them to do. As shown in the evidence in the picture I posted, new players that aren't ready to competitively pvp don't know what else there is to do. Right after we had this conversation, HardcoreGary logged off.

We need to work on NEW player retention, not just OG retention.

I will state yet again that the pvp meta is a huge part of TMD and I wont deny that. But its getting so competitive that even the good players are hacking to get an advantage, making OG numbers decrease. And these are the people pushing the pvp-centered updates, which means new players aren't sticking around. The new players don't have a voice, and we shouldn't expect them to right out of the gate. But we can't forget them. Please give us a harder style of survival where zombies aren't pushovers and even an Mp5 has value.

View attachment 4326

You seem to forget who made this server what it was, They have already revived then killed itself, like a bad teammate on pubg resing you then knocking you again

Look just don't play anymore, even though they thought making this new 'tmdc' update will make everyone happy it really won't. There will only be like 2-6people on tmdc rarely because the gamemodes are seperated and there won't be a non pvper community to support it. I say if you like the old pvp system and you only play for that, just leave the server your time is done.

Qizu

Mythical
    Qizu
    Qizu Qizu
    Cool thread. The update is gonna be cool tbh and I can't wait for everyone to find out all the things that will be added. What I've seen so far looks really promising :)

Pssst... btw max is my dad.

4Chins

4Chins
    4Chins 4Chins
    I personally do not have a problem with more players since it is more people for me to kill. But the problem that has been going on for a long time is that the players who join later are extremely different in the way they act. I do not mean roleplayers in this regard but rather the more toxic type of "relevant" people on here. I really could care less about RPers if they stick to thier containment zone of tmdpve. There is right now 2 types of "og" players. The ones that are self proclaimed relevant and the ones that are just playing normally and do not participate in the drama. Now a huge problem with this is that the toxic types are the ones that are indeed p2w. So nerf ranks? The problem with nerfing ranks is the amount of toxicity that these players will emit as a result. In my opinion kit cooldowns should be made longer, Teleports when on the map disabled. It gives such an insane advantage to high ranked players that it kills the experience. In the shop items should cost less but more for people with infinite. Let us say the infinite cap of what i believe is 250k is in place, the shop prices are modified for it. A person paying with non-infinite should be able to buy a can of soup for let's say 100$ while a person with infinite will have to pay 400$. The 400 is taken from the balance of thier daily infinite cap. So that way the economy gets a lot more balanced. And players who do have access to gear much easier will play a lot more.

Another thing i would like to touch on is weapon damage, armor penetration and different ammo types. Let's say you shoot someone armored with a sniper, it does a lot more damage because it is able to penetrate the armor. Let's say you shoot the same person with a pistol, you get less of penetration and damage since that round doesn't have the stopping power of the sniper round. However this is where the different ammo types come in. You should be able to buy penetrator ammo and that means that an M9 with penetrator does more damage to armored targets then usual. Sort of a buff but not a nerf to the armor. Then the normal ammo would be good against let's say leather armor. Military armor would be sort of a middle ground, both rounds do about as much damage to it. Riot armor would stop normal rounds a lot easier but it would be harder for it to stop penetrator rounds. The jugg is where this thing would really get interesting, the normal ammo would do the damage it does to it already. However penetrator rounds would do a slight more, around 25% more damage to people wearing jugg. To balance this penetrator ammo would not be buyable from the shop and wouldn't drop from crates either. This ammo would be rare and you would have to go out and scavenge for it.

The way i think the server can get a lot of attention though is to basically offer a lot more of an alive world, Sort of add random NPCs around the map and also add in a custom radio on jukeboxes. Aswell as lighting around the map would make the map a lot more alive.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Another thing i would like to touch on is weapon damage, armor penetration and different ammo types. Let's say you shoot someone armored with a sniper, it does a lot more damage because it is able to penetrate the armor. Let's say you shoot the same person with a pistol, you get less of penetration and damage since that round doesn't have the stopping power of the sniper round. However this is where the different ammo types come in. You should be able to buy penetrator ammo and that means that an M9 with penetrator does more damage to armored targets then usual. Sort of a buff but not a nerf to the armor. Then the normal ammo would be good against let's say leather armor. Military armor would be sort of a middle ground, both rounds do about as much damage to it. Riot armor would stop normal rounds a lot easier but it would be harder for it to stop penetrator rounds. The jugg is where this thing would really get interesting, the normal ammo would do the damage it does to it already. However penetrator rounds would do a slight more, around 25% more damage to people wearing jugg. To balance this penetrator ammo would not be buyable from the shop and wouldn't drop from crates either. This ammo would be rare and you would have to go out and scavenge for it.

The way i think the server can get a lot of attention though is to basically offer a lot more of an alive world, Sort of add random NPCs around the map and also add in a custom radio on jukeboxes. Aswell as lighting around the map would make the map a lot more alive.

I'm no professional at coding, but penetrating bullets for certain weapons as you suggested probably isn't easy to code or implement. However, I like the ideas of "...an alive world", like the random NPCs around, radios, and lighting. However, don't lose sight that this is supposed to be the most realistic Walking Dead server. I've suggested maybe a flashlight that gives off a 14x14 radius. What that means is anyone in that vicinity can see much clearer, just like a torch. You can see it from a distance, and its a good way to communicate, with signals.

Radios, oh man. I'd LOVE to see those come in. As an avid roleplayer, the closest thing we have to a radio is /msg using something like *r* or [r] to signify how its being transmitted. The radio can be used around the map. Say 2 people are in opposite corners of the map. One person uses the radio. It will transmit across the distance, and anyone within a 10 block radius could hear the message, as well.

NPCs around the map. Hmm. This is a possible idea for TMD2.0 [see About TMD2.0 and (i cant remember rip)], a gamemode idea. These NPCs could pose a threat on TMDPVE servers, as the threats in this are tasteless. [A few walkers? PBBBFF easy. 20 walkers? Spray N Pray. 100 walkers? Any decent auto and they'll be reduced to a mass of guts on the floor]. Some players in the RP community play as multiple characters at once, to pose a threat or just a small group/pair/etc. NPCs in this mode could be "hired" by bringing them back certain items or completing a quest. A bit of an RPG component, but these hireable NPCs could be used by enemies and use guns. They could assault your base, kill you, or work for you. NPCs working for/against you seems very interesting, if I say so myself. If you've been too lazy to read this gigantuar paragraph, here it is summed up as best I can (I'm a writer. Kind of my thing to make huge messages when explaining)

NPCs around the map could be "hired" or used to work for you. Makes RP a lot more interesting by having them raid bases/roleplay areas for fun and excitement. WARNING: THESE THINGS CAN (and will, if they've been hired to) KILL YOU (also may kill if they're just not friendly). Perhaps implement in PvP as well? Make the threat even more exciting?