• IP Copied!
  • Painkillers

Magnificum

Titan
    Magnificum
    Magnificum Magnificum
    Hey guys, I recently came up with an idea on painkillers, and how to make them more realistic. Having an entire bottle of pains in real life would kill you inside without a doubt, so in order to make it more realistic, or somewhat realistic, maybe they could take effects on your body to prevent intense pain spamming. Maybe after a decent amount are used, the player could take longer, and more intense nausea then usual, making it tougher to fight, and eventually, maybe instant damage? I'm aware painkillers are what keep people alive in The Mining Dead for a majority of the fights, but in all honesty, removing them would eliminate popular things, such as macros/auto-clicker. Having instant damage, and intense nausea take effect still wouldn't be as realistic, but it would demonstrate some of the possibilities to occur if someone were to overdose on painkillers in the actual show, The Walking Dead. Anyways, feedback's appreciated, let me know what you guys are thinking, thanks.

The_HX_Gamer

The_HX_Gamer
    The_HX_Gamer The_HX_Gamer
    I 100% agree!
    Pain spamming is the most annoying thing ever! It's too hard to kill someone when they are spamming painkillers. Also, I agree with keeping the mining dead realistic as possible :)

BenGermann

Mythical
    BenGermann
    BenGermann BenGermann
    I completely agree with this idea, on top of adding another layer of realism to the server I feel it would help make wars much more enjoyable and as you stated before help eliminate the use of auto-clicker and macros on the server. While you did state that it wouldn't be all that realistic with painkillers giving intense nausea and instant damage, you aren't too far off as real life symptoms of a painkiller overdose (common ones like ibuprofen or similar types) can include nausea and moderate to severe stomach pain.

Last edited:
    ChiefyMcNeil
    ChiefyMcNeil ChiefyMcNeil
    Hey guys, I recently came up with an idea on painkillers, and how to make them more realistic. Having an entire bottle of pains in real life would kill you inside without a doubt, so in order to make it more realistic, or somewhat realistic, maybe they could take effects on your body to prevent intense pain spamming. Maybe after a decent amount are used, the player could take longer, and more intense nausea then usual, making it tougher to fight, and eventually, maybe instant damage? I'm aware painkillers are what keep people alive in The Mining Dead for a majority of the fights, but in all honesty, removing them would eliminate popular things, such as macros/auto-clicker. Having instant damage, and intense nausea take effect still wouldn't be as realistic, but it would demonstrate some of the possibilities to occur if someone were to overdose on painkillers in the actual show, The Walking Dead. Anyways, feedback's appreciated, let me know what you guys are thinking, thanks.
    Isn't there already a negative effect that happens when you use pains? I'm not saying they're good or bad, but they have become kinda important to pvp. Either we keep them the same or we could, like you said, nerf them. I kinda like the idea of changing them and making you think before you go spamming the pains.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    i like this idea more than other pains solves people have done exp a cap on pains remove them etc

likebeingawesome
    likebeingawesome likebeingawesome
    I like this espesialy since most players (like me) cannot aford to buy stacks upon stacks of items like pains that are expensive.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    As a former user of PKer's to relieve back and knee pain along with making myself feel good, I support this 100%. Spamming too many PK's should cause, slowness, disorientation, and death if continued. There ought to be a cool down after using a certain amount (4 or 5 for example). After that number is exceeded it becomes detrimental to your health. This is realistic, teaches to use and treat prescription and over the counter drugs responsibly, and punishes those that seek to abuse them in the game.

ThiccKooice

As a former user of PKer's to relieve back and knee pain along with making myself feel good, I support this 100%. Spamming too many PK's should cause, slowness, disorientation, and death if continued. There ought to be a cool down after using a certain amount (4 or 5 for example). After that number is exceeded it becomes detrimental to your health. This is realistic, teaches to use and treat prescription and over the counter drugs responsibly, and punishes those that seek to abuse them in the game.
    I think there should be a cool down of sorts, but maybe not preventing you from consuming them, just different effects that last longer and longer depending on the amount taken.
    Amazing idea, 100% should happen.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    I think there should be a cool down of sorts, but maybe not preventing you from consuming them, just different effects that last longer and longer depending on the amount taken.

Amazing idea, 100% should happen.

Well I didn't say anything about prevention. You basically said my original statement but just reworded, lol. I just stated after you took so many, 5 for example, It would eventually lead to death, at say 10 or 15 uses in a row or in a certain time period. You could get a debuff icon and a timer on it. But either way, the spamming of them in PVP seems to be something that should be addressed. A full jug spamming these things along with having some legendary weapons or the spas could take out 3 or more players in riot if the jug can dance, spam and shoot well. I've seen arguments in chat about it several times. That's why I suggested anti-jug weapons. I think mostly those that spam these themselves are the ones against this as it is currently allowing them to get a higher k/d ratio and loot. No body likes losing power.