• IP Copied!
  • Perspective on the game (after about a year)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Hi hows it goin
    I haven't played the game in almost a year, aside from joining a handful of times more recently. A lot has changed, so I wanted to put my views on the changes and see if anyone agrees.
    -The map-
    I really don't have much to say, aside from excellent job. The map was good before, and is way better with the expansions.
    -gameplay-
    Although the main concept of the game hasn't changed (to survive and get gear), a fair amount of the mechanics themselves have.
    +Recoil
    The first thing I noticed on joining was the dummy thicc amount of recoil and knockback that guns now have. I don't have a problem with the gun knockback, as it doesn't really affect gameplay, but the recoil is just too chonky. I don't really enjoy aiming straight up after a couple shots, and it seems a lot of people agree on that. From what I saw on last update log, recoil may be reduced, so it seems like things should be better next update.
    +Looting
    The new loot zones on the map are a bit odd at first, but you get used to it once you understand how the loot zones line up with the map. I like the idea of having specific areas for certain loot levels. Having dead players inventory empty into bags is also nice, since it doesn't cause massive lag during wars.
    +Shops
    New shops are more or less the same, but the /shop gui is much nicer. The ability to just sell everything in one place instead of having to scroll through each shop type is a very epic addition.
    +Whisperers and Bandits
    This is probably one of my favorite features. It gives the gameplay some extra sauce, and can create some very interesting situations. My one complaint is that I've been killed by invisible bandits a couple times, but other than that I like it. Whisperer masks are also really cool.
    +New guns
    New guns are nice, since it gives you more variation for loadouts. Last time I played, there were tier 5 guns, and I'm not sure where those went, so it would be cool if they were re-added (or just placed in already existing tiers)
    +Lag
    Ahyes, some things don't change. Being lagged into blocks is kinda annoying, as are the mass lag spikes. Not sure if this is better than the amount of lag that existed when I last played, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Anyway that's my thoughts on TMD as of now. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me on stuff, I want to see how the community views stuff. I haven't played in awhile, so I'm assuming the players have changed with the game, and want to see what people are like now.

-edit-
    After 24 hours of playing I would like to further emphasize that the lag is a serious problem and needs to be fixed. Please change hosts or reduce the amount of plugins or something, because entire servers are getting lag spikes. The lag isn't as bad on tmd, but warzone is complete hell at times...

Last edited:

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Hi hows it goin
    I haven't played the game in almost a year, aside from joining a handful of times more recently. A lot has changed, so I wanted to put my views on the changes and see if anyone agrees.
    -The map-
    I really don't have much to say, aside from excellent job. The map was good before, and is way better with the expansions.
    -gameplay-
    Although the main concept of the game hasn't changed (to survive and get gear), a fair amount of the mechanics themselves have.
    +Recoil
    The first thing I noticed on joining was the dummy thicc amount of recoil and knockback that guns now have. I don't have a problem with the gun knockback, as it doesn't really affect gameplay, but the recoil is just too chonky. I don't really enjoy aiming straight up after a couple shots, and it seems a lot of people agree on that. From what I saw on last update log, recoil may be reduced, so it seems like things should be better next update.
    +Looting
    The new loot zones on the map are a bit odd at first, but you get used to it once you understand how the loot zones line up with the map. I like the idea of having specific areas for certain loot levels. Having dead players inventory empty into bags is also nice, since it doesn't cause massive lag during wars.
    +Shops
    New shops are more or less the same, but the /shop gui is much nicer. The ability to just sell everything in one place instead of having to scroll through each shop type is a very epic addition.
    +Whisperers and Bandits
    This is probably one of my favorite features. It gives the gameplay some extra sauce, and can create some very interesting situations. My one complaint is that I've been killed by invisible bandits a couple times, but other than that I like it. Whisperer masks are also really cool.
    +New guns
    New guns are nice, since it gives you more variation for loadouts. Last time I played, there were tier 5 guns, and I'm not sure where those went, so it would be cool if they were re-added (or just placed in already existing tiers)
    +Lag
    Ahyes, some things don't change. Being lagged into blocks is kinda annoying, as are the mass lag spikes. Not sure if this is better than the amount of lag that existed when I last played, but hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Anyway that's my thoughts on TMD as of now. Let me know if you agree or disagree with me on stuff, I want to see how the community views stuff. I haven't played in awhile, so I'm assuming the players have changed with the game, and want to see what people are like now.
    I haven't played in awhile, not since quarantine. I would be on it quite a bit but I'm not in the right place for playing it.
    ArmenTheHeli, about the tier 5s, I think it was either Grocky or one of the owners who told us about the T5s. They were unbalanced and didnt have much of a place in the game, so they were removed. But I do agree with adding them back. Maybe tweak their properties a bit to less overpowered weapons and bring them back to the game.

Runkelpokk

Just saying a update to 1.9+ would give havoc nearly unlimited gun and camo options (maybe keep tmdop on 1.8 if thats what the few players who are left whish but since the pvp is completly custom it should not be a big deal to move on)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    You can port the no-cooldown melee attack speed to 1.9+ by just changing the attack speed value of a melee to a super high number. Lets you melee as fast as 1.8 but without the effort of trying to support an older version. Might also help with lag too since you could probably get rid of some code that tries to bridge 1.8 and 1.9+

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    You can port the no-cooldown melee attack speed to 1.9+ by just changing the attack speed value of a melee to a super high number. Lets you melee as fast as 1.8 but without the effort of trying to support an older version. Might also help with lag too since you could probably get rid of some code that tries to bridge 1.8 and 1.9+
    The older versions of Minecraft are less stable than the current ones. If Havoc actually held off on updating the server until 1.16 was released, they could update right away and get a much more stable version, with 6 full years of new content at their fingertips. New additions to the server and way more stability.

Runkelpokk

The older versions of Minecraft are less stable than the current ones. If Havoc actually held off on updating the server until 1.16 was released, they could update right away and get a much more stable version, with 6 full years of new content at their fingertips. New additions to the server and way more stability.
    a 1.16 update would take a lot of time but 1.12 as base version would be good (as far as i know minewars used it as base version too)

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Yeah 1.12 and up seems more reasonable to support since in general people haven't stayed on 1.9 - 1.11, plus you get a bunch of new blocks to texture and use in builds
    Exactly.
    1.8 was released September 2, 2014. Meanwhile, 1.12.2 was released 3 years later on September 18, 2017. 3 full years of content waiting to be added to the game. 1.12.2 was the "World of Color" update, adding multiple colors of terracotta, differently colored beds, concrete, more sounds, new mobs, and more.

More sounds can be turned into different gun sounds, explosions, or even wind and leaves rustling.
    More blocks means more textures for the map and items.
    That's only the surface of 1.12.2.

And that's not including 1.9, 10, and 11! Updating to 1.12 would do the server alot of good

Runkelpokk

Yea but such an update will take quite some time even (if im not wrong) the map is already build on a higher version than 1.8 the development of new features will take time but it would be the right step for tmd

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Yea but such an update will take quite some time even (if im not wrong) the map is already build on a higher version than 1.8 the development of new features will take time but it would be the right step for tmd
    Yeah, that goes without saying but it would be worth it. I've seen as many as 295 players on the server recently, and we've been having all those updates added. Probably an average of a good 3 new members on the forums every day. All those updates brought those players in. With more updates and higher versions (seeing as we're running out of 1.8 models), we could add anything. More guns. More textures. More anything. The possibilities are endless, and so is that rising playerbase.

Runkelpokk

Yeah, that goes without saying but it would be worth it. I've seen as many as 295 players on the server recently, and we've been having all those updates added. Probably an average of a good 3 new members on the forums every day. All those updates brought those players in. With more updates and higher versions (seeing as we're running out of 1.8 models), we could add anything. More guns. More textures. More anything. The possibilities are endless, and so is that rising playerbase.
    they could add a lot (around 10k items if all durability would be used) and it would be worth it and if 1.16 works as stabile as 1.12 it would be awsome to see a 1.16(maybe just on a single pve/test server) update with many new cool features

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    A server can only go so far with the relative version and the content within it. If Havoc wants to keep growing and getting a strong playerbase, we need these updates, content and materials.
    Well duh, but look how much has already changed. Just something I noticed.

To be quite fair, the theme of these forums can be summed up as "update!!!!!" "Unban!" "server sucks" "oh here's an update." It gets redundant tbh. Not saying give up, but maybe figure out a new way to go about it, or whatever.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Well duh, but look how much has already changed. Just something I noticed.

To be quite fair, the theme of these forums can be summed up as "update!!!!!" "Unban!" "server sucks" "oh here's an update." It gets redundant tbh. Not saying give up, but maybe figure out a new way to go about it, or whatever.
    Well, you know how your parents or teachers tell you to keep practicing stuff to get better at it? Make it second nature and get it ingrained into your head?
    This is the exact same concept. See where I'm going with this?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Not to mention the strain that trying to support older versions puts on the game mechanics and the server as a whole. For example, I can't break barricades in 1.12+, but can in 1.8. If support for 3 year old versions was removed, we would probably have more consistent gameplay (due to clients being similar). I also assume that a fair chunk of the plugins exist to help merge 1.8 and 1.9+, which may also be contributing to the lag. The whole reason 1.8 is kept is because of the large amount of players who like the pvp, but as I said earlier the no cooldown attacks can be reproduced by just setting an items attack speed attribute to a high number. Not to mention the large quantity of items and blocks that will be available for building and development, as well as newly added game commands.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Well, you know how your parents or teachers tell you to keep practicing stuff to get better at it? Make it second nature and get it ingrained into your head?
    This is the exact same concept. See where I'm going with this?
    Yeah, but at the same time, there comes a point where it's so often discussed that it becomes second nature to IGNORE it, ya know? I understand what you're saying, but it's been a bazillion years since anything was done about the server versions. Don't get me wrong, I want new content just as much as you do, if not more, but seeing as it's been so long since anything has been done, I kinda just accept it.

Keep pushing though. Just mildly annoying to always see it in the general forums, ig xD

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    Yeah, but at the same time, there comes a point where it's so often discussed that it becomes second nature to IGNORE it, ya know? I understand what you're saying, but it's been a bazillion years since anything was done about the server versions. Don't get me wrong, I want new content just as much as you do, if not more, but seeing as it's been so long since anything has been done, I kinda just accept it.

Keep pushing though. Just mildly annoying to always see it in the general forums, ig xD
    That's true to a point, I suppose. Hopefully, we're doing something different that makes it stand out from the others and actually gets the server towards a new version.