• IP Copied!
  • Perspective on the game (after about a year)

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Tbh I don't think they will move versions any time soon. Owners don't seem very willing to change things about the game if it risks losing players, and stopping 1.8 support would probably lose a fair amount of people. That being said though, focusing on supporting newer versions + focusing on bug squishing and lag reduction would probably bring more players, as it gives a more stable playing experience. TMD definintely has enough content to be enjoyable, but when the game breaks too often it can make people just not want to play.

Runkelpokk

I know I said I hated beating this dead horse, but to Runkelpokk's comment -- if anyone is still using 1.8.... why?? At this point, it only makes sense for mods, tbh..
    ikr if you play vanilla pvp servers i understand why you play in 1.8 but tmd pvp is 100%custom
    Also there are a lot of 1.11 or 1.12 clients (5zig mod bac etc) you can use and even if you preffer putting together your own forge mods, most of them are either 1.7.9 or 1.12 there is no valid reason to use 1.8 ._.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    ikr if you play vanilla pvp servers i understand why you play in 1.8 but tmd pvp is 100%custom
    Also there are a lot of 1.11 or 1.12 clients (5zig mod bac etc) you can use and even if you preffer putting together your own forge mods, most of them are either 1.7.9 or 1.12 there is no valid reason to use 1.8 ._.
    I know I said I hated beating this dead horse, but to Runkelpokk's comment -- if anyone is still using 1.8.... why?? At this point, it only makes sense for mods, tbh..

This is making a lot of sense. This is good.

1.8 is extremely outdated. Theres no reason to use it: just about anything that it can do, 1.9 or higher can do better.

I'm fairly certain 1.12 is the second most modded version of minecraft, the first being 1.7. 1.12 has almost as many mods and some better ones. 1.8 doesnt have as many 1.7 supported mods but 1.12 does.
    Move on to a higher version, theres no reason to be using 1.8

Runkelpokk

This is making a lot of sense. This is good.

1.8 is extremely outdated. Theres no reason to use it: just about anything that it can do, 1.9 or higher can do better.

I'm fairly certain 1.12 is the second most modded version of minecraft, the first being 1.7. 1.12 has almost as many mods and some better ones. 1.8 doesnt have as many 1.7 supported mods but 1.12 does.
    Move on to a higher version, theres no reason to be using 1.8
    facts

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I have a feeling hack clients are harder to make for newer versions, question mark? And that's why it's easier to stay in 1.8??? I don't know just throwing out some guesses here.

To the losers who still play 1.8 -- nerds.

Last edited:

Runkelpokk

I have a feeling mod clients are harder to make for newer versions, question mark? And that's why it's easier to stay in 1.8??? I don't know just throwing out some guesses here.

depends if you are used to make 1.8 mods you will have a change the way you work a bit but its not actualy "harder"

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I have a feeling hack clients are harder to make for newer versions, question mark? And that's why it's easier to stay in 1.8??? I don't know just throwing out some guesses here.

Well, it isn't really "harder", but each version has different things you need to work around when making them. And just in general, older versions have more clients available since they have existed longer. I think people are on 1.8 for the pvp mechanics, and are just too lazy to swap versions to play other servers (such as TMD).
    Even then, I don't get why you would stay on 1.8 for hack purposes since 1.2+ have more features that you can made hacks for, so even if you did want to hack there isn't a reason to OTHER than for the pvp mechanics :\

Runkelpokk

Well, it isn't really "harder", but each version has different things you need to work around when making them. And just in general, older versions have more clients available since they have existed longer. I think people are on 1.8 for the pvp mechanics, and are just too lazy to swap versions to play other servers (such as TMD).
    Even then, I don't get why you would stay on 1.8 for hack purposes since 1.2+ have more features that you can made hacks for, so even if you did want to hack there isn't a reason to OTHER than for the pvp mechanics :\
    havoc should not stay on 1.8 so hackers have a eaiser life xd