• IP Copied!
  • PvP Mod? (Idea / Suggestion)

is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    So, I am creating this thread because something needs to be done around here... This server is constantly growing and with growing comes more and more hackers, our server gets up to more than 650 players on weekends and I know we have staff to deal with these hackers but... we don't have enough, many are inactive and to be honest, they don't know what real hacks are. I want something to be done, this server is my favorite and all I want for it is good, so today I was thinking of something and I'm not sure how this would work but I thought of this thing called a "PvP Mod" and so let me explain what a PvP Mod is, it is a player / staff who pvp's and does wars and basically just a player who plays a lot and fights a lot on this server and knows what hacks are, A PvP Mod would not need any commands except for to do something like /Freeze and what /freeze would do is freeze the player they suspect of hacking in place and it would spam their chat with "you have been frozen, DO NOT log out" and then show the teamspeak for them to connect to and to screenshare with the pvpmod, if the player denied or logged out they would be banned and if they chose to connect and show their innocence and if they do successfully then they are let free and we move on to a great server to play :)

I wrote this thread in like 10 minutes because I really don't believe they will care about my idea but all I'm trying to do is help the server, Hopefully something gets done around here.

Also forgot to mention, Obviously you would have to apply for this.

Last edited:

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    my only concern is those with awful internet like me potentially laggin out when frozen
    That could be a possibilty but also if they log out I guess you could say its them "confessing" so it would only be a 1 month ban, but if they do happen to crash or lag out while frozen which is very unlikely then they could record as soon as they are banned and show their logs and all that and hopefully be unbanned if they weren't actually hacking, but like I said it would be rare for them to lag out at that exact moment.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    What if they don't have teamspeak or can't use it? They would just be banned. It's a good idea but it needs work.
    Then Download it.. not hard my friend, if you can download hacks then you can most definatley download teamspeak.

Pawndah

Mythical
    Pawndah
    Pawndah Pawndah
    So, I am creating this thread because something needs to be done around here... This server is constantly growing and with growing comes more and more hackers, our server gets up to more than 650 players on weekends and I know we have staff to deal with these hackers but... we don't have enough, many are inactive and to be honest, they don't know what real hacks are. I want something to be done, this server is my favorite and all I want for it is good, so today I was thinking of something and I'm not sure how this would work but I thought of this thing called a "PvP Mod" and so let me explain what a PvP Mod is, it is a player / staff who pvp's and does wars and basically just a player who plays a lot and fights a lot on this server and knows what hacks are, A PvP Mod would not need any commands except for to do something like /Freeze and what /freeze would do is freeze the player they suspect of hacking in place and it would spam their chat with "you have been frozen, DO NOT log out" and then show the teamspeak for them to connect to and to screenshare with the pvpmod, if the player denied or logged out they would be banned and if they chose to connect and show their innocence and if they do successfully then they are let free and we move on to a great server to play :)

I wrote this thread in like 10 minutes because I really don't believe they will care about my idea but all I'm trying to do is help the server, Hopefully something gets done around here.

I'm pretty sure I'm THE ONLY ONE who ACTUALLY can tell the difference between hacks and no hacks.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I like the idea, but there could be more added to it. Maybe instead of /freeze (which would let the hacker disable their modification because they know they have been caught), the Pvp Mod could do something like spectator or /vanish to watch the player. It would be like a normal mod, but only for pvp.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    I like the idea, but there could be more added to it. Maybe instead of /freeze (which would let the hacker disable their modification because they know they have been caught), the Pvp Mod could do something like spectator or /vanish to watch the player. It would be like a normal mod, but only for pvp.
    What else would hackers hack to do? Kill walkers?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    What else would hackers hack to do? Kill walkers?
    They could be communists who want to make everyone hackers so the game becomes boring, then they can make a new game that has secret mind-control techniques that program everyone to OBEY COMMUNISTS FROM SOVIET RUSSIA

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    Ya I thought of that but I didnt want people to think they can abuse their powers by vanishing and stuff so.. /freeze wouldnt be an abusable thing really because you'd be demoted if you abused that instantly because it would be so obvious.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    Good idea.

They will not be able to disable the client without logging out. Currently Mods do vanish and observe. Then they will request a screen share to see what mods/client the users is running.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Good idea.

They will not be able to disable the client without logging out. Currently Mods do vanish and observe. Then they will request a screen share to see what mods/client the users is running.
    17banhammer (mod client) can be disabled through a separate option in the pause menu

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    That could be a possibilty but also if they log out I guess you could say its them "confessing" so it would only be a 1 month ban, but if they do happen to crash or lag out while frozen which is very unlikely then they could record as soon as they are banned and show their logs and all that and hopefully be unbanned if they weren't actually hacking, but like I said it would be rare for them to lag out at that exact moment.

sounds a bit strict, but hackers are usually permanently banned... either way you need good evidence even as a mod to ban someone, I believe the staff who bans people accused of hacking, duping, etc. should be the ones recording the evidence instead...

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    sounds a bit strict, but hackers are usually permanently banned... either way you need good evidence even as a mod to ban someone, I believe the staff who bans people accused of hacking, duping, etc. should be the ones recording the evidence instead...
    Yeah, agreed

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    There needs to be a way to make getting evidence easier for some people who can't record videos

Sleep__Away

Mythical
    Sleep__Away
    Sleep__Away Sleep__Away

Does everyone have to do this?