• IP Copied!
  • Resource packs

FalseHorseVczi

Mythical
    StarlightTsukuu
    StarlightTsukuu StarlightTsukuu
    Hello! Im currently designing a resource pack and have reached a critical problem, Im using blockbench to make the designs and im trying to add textures but, Everytime i do it messed up how the gun appears when you hold it, As seen in the picture...Any counters to this?

Runkelpokk

To specify, Im using the old gun models and 1.8.9
    blockbench does not support 1.8 models anymore you can change the display values if you open the .json in a text editor
    y61BfeB.png

GtTjyb7

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    Wait, you're allowed to use other texture packs on havocmc?
    I thought that was detected and stopped
    Idk though
    It looks great! :)
    A lot of people use their own texture packs, no server can actually detect if a resource pack is being used or not. The way they stop x-raying is with an algorithm that basically sends a warning in the server logs when a player has mined a lot of rare ores in a short period of time.

@7rq if you going into the Havoc texture pack you can copy and paste the placement file and then for each model you link in the placement .json as a parent or something. I’m not home right now so I can’t really show you. If you dig through the Havoc pack you can see how they did it.

Runkelpokk

Actually the server just does not send any ore packages to the client until the ore is visible for the player at least that's the usual way to prevent x-ray.

And you cant just copy/paste the display/placements values or use them as parent models that's not how it works lol

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    Actually the server just does not send any ore packages to the client until the ore is visible for the player at least that's the usual way to prevent x-ray.

And you cant just copy/paste the display/placements values or use them as parent models that's not how it works lol
    It does, I’ve done my fair share of texture packs...

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    Fishing rods use a special parent that changes how they are held in their hand. You can copy and paste that for other items as well.

Runkelpokk

you change the way an item is held if the item has a 3d model anyways but it changes how 1.8 and 1.9+ models are displayed. Usually, gun models need custom display values

FalseHorseVczi

Mythical
    StarlightTsukuu
    StarlightTsukuu StarlightTsukuu
    Once you've finished the pack will you put it up as a download?

I mean I like the regular TMD pack but it can get a bit boring after a while

I'd like some inspiration, or to see someone's progress on developing a pack

I've tried a few but they were just for the vanilla version of minecraft, and there was no modelling and didn't use anything like blockbench
    Possibly, Depends on how i feel with the pack. I most likely will though.