Votes: 19 63.3%
    • Do Not Reset All Mining Dead Servers

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Optiv

Champion
    Optiv
    Optiv Optiv
    Upon the release of the Havoc-MC hub, I suggest that the administrators reset all parts of the mining dead upon the release of Mine Wars to encourage the popularity of the server.

This is not displaying certain note of an incoming reset, just suggesting information to make the server as it used to be; harder, and not as challenging

REFER TO killer2themx's "This is not the mining dead post" [READ COMMENTS TOO]
    https://havocmc.net/threads/this-is-not-the-mining-dead.385/

I have typed for almost an hour on this and got tired so there may be a few unfinished messages or strange edits. Sorry about that.

My perspective continued below:
    I am ranked as hardcore in game and literally have and can get anything. I have about 4 sets of jugg and nearly infinite Tier 4 and legendary weapons. I support crates, and find it good that we can use these, but jugg armor and infinite money need to go. By resetting, you guys could fix this. I don't think it would be very hard either as in all maps are pre-loaded and saved with the adventure aspect on this server. Adding onto that, currently, the server is boring because of people being overpowered. If you're like me, you enjoyed the server much more when you had no rank, nothing special, and relied on Tier Two guns with little ammo and low level melee weapons to survive. There will always be overpowered donators standing above the standard members (Survivor-Ranked People) of the server, and I find that as a trait that all servers have. I normally don't pvp here, but for what I've heard, pvp is changed greatly with jugg, and in a negative way, #SupportRiotGear. This is just kind of the experience I had. It may have been different for you guys, but I found this enjoyable. Below are some suggestions, if you don't want to read them all, at least vote on the poll.

Suggestions:
    -Remove Jugg or make it a low durability (80 dura suggested) and extremely rare.

-Nerf Immortal Kits. Add standalone weapons, not too OP, but weapons that only immortal ranks can use. I like to look at ranks as skill, increased enjoyment, and as a form of DLC in game.It doesn't really download anything, but I like to think it does sometimes just to give it that kind of feel. Now though it is a little bit pay-to-win for ranks on this one, it still would be cool if immortals or other ranks could get something a little bit more interesting. I am hardcore, not immortal. Remember that.

-Nerf the flamethrower (Geez have you guys even seen how OP this thing is?)

-Make riot gear harder to obtain but make it have a higher durability than jugg.

-Nerf one handed weapons (Seriously, you cannot fire a god dang Spas 12 with one hand. It's freaking impossible to load it too. Don't even get me started on the desert eagles. Those things have so much kick on them, it's just not even reasonable).

-Add "Intentional" Bugs (Remember back when you could repair jugg in duffle bags? Yeah, that was a glitch that just made the server better until it was removed. I know this is controversial as f**k, but it'd be nice to throw some "minecraft logic" in there) .

-I find it necessary to fix RPGs. They're terrible at the moment. Just terrible and nothing but terrible. It'd be real nice just to throw some exploding blocks in there you know? Make them regenerate, and I know that's unrealistic, but it's minecraft, and doing that would just be fun overall.

-Nerf cars and add more realistic paint jobs too them (Seriously? What the heck, why would you add those three cars. I may have only watched up to season five, but those types of cars appear to be uncommon. They may be common in real life, but variety is where it's at when it comes to the popularity of the server. At the moment, these three cars don't have a good feel compared to the walking dead. Imagine custom paint jobs for cars as in a police car [Would have to be standalone], but it'd be nice with custom textures (applicable in the same way as the guns in the advanced resource pack)

-Make michonne no longer sell katanas. Also make her kit usable only twice a day. The assassin kit would be better if you added a custom pistol for it, as in something like a different version of Rick's .44 magnum pistol. It's kind of stupid how easy it is to obtain katanas, and I suggest you remove them from the chests ("loot boxes") at Hartsfield. (The ones at Hartsfield just reference to all the "loot boxes" map-wide.)

-Make sniper ammo only apply a certain number of bullets per clip but nerf the price per clip. Eg: Barrett .50 Cal: 2 bullets per clip.

-Add criticals, you may already have this, but a shot to the chest on a walker would not kill it normally. Make headshots deal additional damage with body shots and limb damage at a minimal. Also, make there be a difference between

-Nerf the Glock 17. The glock sometimes dealt as much damage to walkers as a Desert Eagle; (Making no sense whatsoever.

-Redo the sound files. It shouldn't be that hard. Just go to a shooting range with different guns or get permission from other people to use sound files online. No offence, but the sound files for all guns at the moment are terrible. I bolded this because I found this important, the crack of Rick's .44 Magnum blowing the hell out of a walker never gets old.

-NOTE: I know this may require more effort, as i know the developers are working hard on Mine Wars, but this would be a nice addition to everything in game. I probably missed a lot.

#StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016
    #StrikeHavoc2016

-P.S. Suggest more items in the comments.

-P.P.S. If Shaders could be added similar to the resource pack, that would exceed expectation of the entire server.

Optiv

Champion
    Optiv
    Optiv Optiv
    I agree Culpeo_Fox, they do whine. Mainly they only say "I paid a lot of money for crates to get this" or other things like that.

LinkOFeare

Titan
    LinkOFeare
    LinkOFeare LinkOFeare
    Everyone who has infinite could be refunded with an amount of legendary crates or 1-5 million in game. Infinite money isn't realistic in any situation. That should be the first step. I also like the idea of low-durability jugg to make it less "op." I think a whole server reset is needed right now. Maybe people could take a small amount of stuff but that would be it.

Optiv

Champion
    Optiv
    Optiv Optiv
    I don't get it. The people who have voted to not reset the server haven't put much in the comments explaining why..

DrinkYourMilk
    DrinkYourMilk DrinkYourMilk
    the inflation rate of the server keeps going up so maybe raise the price of items and remove infinite money and add things in legendary crates where you get a discount off npc items and lets say you have a 33% percent discount and you get another 20% percent discount on npc items they add together so you have a 53% npc item discount. but i think i.m is ok the way it is.

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    Jugg NEEDS to be removed, it's just needs to happen, along with a reset. However infinite money won't get removed because people in the past like my friend have payed $100 IRL for infinite money when it was for sale on the old server and that would just be robbing them of there money and crates just couldn't make up for it. #RemoveJuggMakeTMDgreatagain

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    Is the economy still important in the middle of the zombie apocalypse?

The server is fine how it is. If you don't have jugg, tough luck, get some.
    In minecraft you don't see players who are in iron, writing complaints saying why diamond should be removed.

Flamers set people on fire, but they're not really OP. Dealing only 1 health point per shot.

Seriously? You seem to think donors are the only ones with good gear. All I can say is that's not true. It just takes a bit of hard work to get this stuff. I am ranked survivor and I own
    - Heaps of legendary weapons
    - 5 full jugg sets and countless incomplete jugg sets
    - infinite money
    - 1 million in game cash

It just takes a bit of time.

Final thing - This is a block game with guns and zombies. You guys take it far too seriously.

Last edited:

JessePinktip

Mythical
    JaxonTeller
    JaxonTeller JaxonTeller
    People that have purchased infinite money can be compensated with crates or something along the lines of that.
    No offense but that's not fair at all if you pay $100 IRL for something only to be replaced with something of a lesser value. Crates litteraly could not make up for that.

DamTin

In minecraft you don't see players who are in iron, writing complaints saying why diamond should be removed.

Flamers set people on fire, but they're not really OP. Dealing only 1 health point per shot.

Seriously? You seem to think donors are the only ones with good gear. All I can say is that's not true. It just takes a bit of hard work to get this stuff. I am ranked survivor and I own
    - infinite money
    - 1 million in game cash

Final thing - This is a block game with guns and zombies. You guys take it far too seriously.
    This. It's very stereotypical to think all immortals are OP and have infinite amounts of jugg. This guy is ranked survivor and has more stuff than me, even though I'm immortal.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    I conpletely agree with the reset and removing jugg/making it EXTREMELY rare. I have many points and ideas to prove why this is the best for the server. I don't feel like typing for like 20 minutes again so I'm gonna paste in the paragraph I wrote on the other thread, because more people need to see these points. K here it goes: #makeTMDgreatagain

I agree. I don't know when you started playing but the "good old days of tmd" consisted of:
    -no jugg
    -only like 10 people had infinite money (which was a great way to raise money for the server to get bigger, but is now a pretty big problem)
    -painkillers were tough to come by, so we're tier 4 and 3 guns
    -and I don't remember exactly how the walkers were.

I personally think the main thing thats ruined the server is jugg. Before jugg, when riot was the best armor, it was a lot harder to stay alive. During wars, it was all about skill and stealth, whoever could outsmart the other. Nowadays there's no skill involved at all, full juggs running around in their teams of 6 with golden everything, katana, spaz, and their 8 stacks of pains on hand, They never have to worry about stealth because no matter what, their armor+ pains will outlast anything. Today you win wars by either A.Having more people than the other team or B. Having longer jugg durability/pains.

Probably my favorite thing about riot gear is you don't have to be in riot gear to kill another riot. I've killed plenty of full riots with only a winchester and a combat knife (aka kit hunter). It's all about stealth and timing. I've tried doing the same to full juggs and no matter what, it's impossible. Doesn't matter how stealthy I am or how many hits I get on em first, his armor gives him enough time to locate me and one-shot me. Every time.

Now I realize I've been typing for like 10 minutes now jesus christ chill vc. So I'm gonna wrap this up, but I've been thinking about this idea for months to make TMD great again.
    -Remove jugg
    (Or if thats too far, do a reset and make it EXTREMELY rare)
    -Remove all tier 4 guns, painkillers, and riot gear from the shops(this would makeunlimited money not as OP)
    -^That would also make the market forsurvivors a lot bigger because the value of those items would increase, so morepeople would go out looting for them, orbuy crates as well.
    -If jugg was completely removed, we'd have to find a way to compensate for all the pieces some people have been collecting for the past year. I'd say maybe make each piece tradeable for like 30k ingame cash? Idk something like that.

That's my idea, but It will only happen if enough people want it to. And I doubt the majority of the server would want to remove their precious jugg. Jugg gear was added in July of 2015 a year ago. And over the past year is when this server grew exponentially. More than half of the server have no idea what it was like before jugg. So all the thousands of noobs that have joined in the past year have became complete worshippers of jugg gear. Spending all their time in safe zones searching for some jugg to buy, or spamming MangledFury asking if he'll give some jugg. Last time the idea of a reset was mentioned everyone just about lost their minds. If this idea was going to happen the world might combust into flamesfor all those jugg worshippers.

That's why I don't think we can make TMD great again. Majority vote has been how the server makes big decisions like this. And I don't think the majority of the people would like this idea. Sadly. Theyd rather spend their days not having to face a challenge at all. Endlessly searching for more jugg. All I can do in my power is make the greatest TWD builds you've ever seen, and you guys just wait, the build team's got some crazy stuff coming. But yeah that's my take on stuff and things.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_
    Also, to address the sound files, it's no where near that simple. And we know what guns sound like. I got to help a little when they were making these new sounds. Basically you go and find a generic AK sound effect on youtube. Download the audio, trim it to only one shot, then convert it to an ogg file which completely changes the tone and pitch of the original audio (real pain in the ***) and then you upload it to the resource pack, realize it sounds nothing like the original, delete it, then repeat. I don't see a problem with the sounds and it's definitely not necessary to redo them considered how annoying they are.

oTargaryen

A reset won't happen. All of the people that have 30 jugg sets don't wanna lose their jugg. I have 10 sets at the moment, but still I am bored... Everything should be fresh. Making jugg rare would be a great idea as well.

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    Mate, really? Clearly the economy matters or it wouldn't have been brought up. That's YOUR opinion on how you feel about the economy. Don't try to bash other people's opinions either. .Again, bashing people's opinions because we're taking the subject 'too seriously' on the economy and so what if it's a block game? Completely irrelevant

L

Well, my apologies if I came across rude. I wrote that very fast between my classes, and didn't give it a whole lot of thought.

Again though, this is a game about shooting zombies with some guns and bullets, the economy isn't really important is it? Who cares if someone has more money? Who cares if an infinite is giving stuff out? It's a zombie shooter, not an economy server.

And yes, this is my opinion, and I respect the opinions of others. Sure, I'll go against them and explain why I disagree, but I respect their opinions all the same.

I'll do it right now.

You said "Again, bashing people's opinions because we're taking the subject 'too seriously' on the economy and so what if it's a block game? Completely irrelevant"

It's great that people come here, and make friends. But SOME people take this block GAME way to seriously, and some even try to change it into someting it's not.
    I play on HavocMC daily to have a bit of fun, have a laugh with my (very small group of) mates on the server, kill some walkers and people, and get killed.
    That's what HavocMC is for me, a game where I can come and have a bit of a laugh for a few hours.
    Sure, some people take it more seriously than others, and good luck to them. I was just saying that I don't think Minecraft should be taken seriously.

I have no hate towards anybody because of their opinions. (Only their grammar, spelling and stuff)
    ^
    That's a joke, don't take it seriously.
    "Omg Beet, you can't hate on them u dont no wuts wrong"

This is a long and rather spammy post, so I'll drop it now.

For_runner

For_runner
    For_runner For_runner
    Here's the thing though, people pay money for crates and items and junk, actual money. So when that resets thats actual money going down the drain

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    Reset would be pointless if the economic issues aren't resolved. Infinite money plays a big part in the economy believe it or not. I'm not going to write a long paragraph explaining why it should be removed because usually the people that are against removing infinite money can never counter my argument and just repeat the same crap over again. Not to mention, they tend to whine about it rather than debate the argument.
    Don't you find it funny how some people are complaining about the servers needing a reset when they have infinite money? Why reset the servers if it'll just go back to what they were before? Where's the logic in that? Someone explain. Oh right, there isn't any. I'd rather have the servers reset every 6-10 months rather than 4-6 if you ask me. The moment the servers reset people with infinite money will buy a bunch of pain killers and jug. I can see it now. Also, I agree with almost every point you've made in this
    thread (especially the spas-12 being a one-handed gun).

I apologize but I feel I need to call you out on this. Your posts regarding Infinite Money are often very rude and condescending, in general and against people who have had different opinons than yours. I cannot take you seriously when every other sentence is a jab at players who like Infinite Money. I won't get in a debate with you about IM here, but please try to be a little more polite and respectful towards people in disagreement with you. You might be able to find reasonable responses to your Infinite Money problems if so.

- infinite money
    - 1 million in game cash

I see your point Beetley. However, "It's just a game" <-- I could apply this reasoning to almost anything in the entertainment industry. I view it as an excuse for laziness. It can be summarized as "Why should I care? it's not important to me so it shouldn't be to you". Some players enjoy and value their time on TMD though, and want to play on a quality server. Your post discourages that and implies that we should just be content with server problems because it's a waste of time to care. I don't agree with that stance. Sorry if my post came off as rude, but this is my view regarding your post. I mean no offense to you personally.
    0474.png

Here's my viewpoint on the reset -->

Currently, TMD has some issues which I think are being dismissed out of hand by many people. The goal here is to improve TMD and give all players a chance to become great, and this isn't possible sometimes because the gameplay looks like this:

uneven-playing-field.jpg

Getting good enough to truly compete in PvP is an uphill battle. There is a massive advantange towards 20-30 players who absolutely dominate TMD 90% of the time due to stockpiled juggernaut armor and Infinite Money, etc. This stifles a lot of potential competition from over 300+ players and makes gameplay pretty stale. I think a reset would give staff the chance to fix a lot of issues that have come up.

I'd recommend just reading VC's post about the reset. I can't explain much more than he's already said and I agree with it 100%.
    I conpletely agree with the reset and removing jugg/making it EXTREMELY rare. I have many points and ideas to prove why this is the best for the server. I don't feel like typing for like 20 minutes again so I'm gonna paste in the paragraph I wrote on the other thread, because more people need to see these points. K here it goes: #makeTMDgreatagain

I agree. I don't know when you started playing but the "good old days of tmd" consisted of:
    -no jugg
    -only like 10 people had infinite money (which was a great way to raise money for the server to get bigger, but is now a pretty big problem)
    -painkillers were tough to come by, so we're tier 4 and 3 guns
    -and I don't remember exactly how the walkers were.

I personally think the main thing thats ruined the server is jugg. Before jugg, when riot was the best armor, it was a lot harder to stay alive. During wars, it was all about skill and stealth, whoever could outsmart the other. Nowadays there's no skill involved at all, full juggs running around in their teams of 6 with golden everything, katana, spaz, and their 8 stacks of pains on hand, They never have to worry about stealth because no matter what, their armor+ pains will outlast anything. Today you win wars by either A.Having more people than the other team or B. Having longer jugg durability/pains.

Probably my favorite thing about riot gear is you don't have to be in riot gear to kill another riot. I've killed plenty of full riots with only a winchester and a combat knife (aka kit hunter). It's all about stealth and timing. I've tried doing the same to full juggs and no matter what, it's impossible. Doesn't matter how stealthy I am or how many hits I get on em first, his armor gives him enough time to locate me and one-shot me. Every time.

Now I realize I've been typing for like 10 minutes now jesus christ chill vc. So I'm gonna wrap this up, but I've been thinking about this idea for months to make TMD great again.
    -Remove jugg
    (Or if thats too far, do a reset and make it EXTREMELY rare)
    -Remove all tier 4 guns, painkillers, and riot gear from the shops(this would makeunlimited money not as OP)
    -^That would also make the market forsurvivors a lot bigger because the value of those items would increase, so morepeople would go out looting for them, orbuy crates as well.
    -If jugg was completely removed, we'd have to find a way to compensate for all the pieces some people have been collecting for the past year. I'd say maybe make each piece tradeable for like 30k ingame cash? Idk something like that.

That's my idea, but It will only happen if enough people want it to. And I doubt the majority of the server would want to remove their precious jugg. Jugg gear was added in July of 2015 a year ago. And over the past year is when this server grew exponentially. More than half of the server have no idea what it was like before jugg. So all the thousands of noobs that have joined in the past year have became complete worshippers of jugg gear. Spending all their time in safe zones searching for some jugg to buy, or spamming MangledFury asking if he'll give some jugg. Last time the idea of a reset was mentioned everyone just about lost their minds. If this idea was going to happen the world might combust into flamesfor all those jugg worshippers.

That's why I don't think we can make TMD great again. Majority vote has been how the server makes big decisions like this. And I don't think the majority of the people would like this idea. Sadly. Theyd rather spend their days not having to face a challenge at all. Endlessly searching for more jugg. All I can do in my power is make the greatest TWD builds you've ever seen, and you guys just wait, the build team's got some crazy stuff coming. But yeah that's my take on stuff and things.
    - The7thCpt

The7thCpt

Extrospected
    Extrospected Extrospected
    Whether you find it rude or not is your opinion. Some of my posts are condescending. You're pointing out the obvious. I find it ridiculous how you're calling me out in particular for taking 'jabs' at a serious topic when numerous other people that support IM have. If you didn't want to start a debate then why say it? You're clearly trying to start an argument. I only seem a little rude when it comes to this topic because a lot of people can't have an educated debate without saying dumb remarks. Again, whether you take me seriously or not is up to you. I'm just telling you how it is.

I'll take you more serious if you DM'd instead of causing more drama.

Hi Culpeo,

I don't see any problem making my opinion public. I'm not targeting anyone on purpose or trying to cause a big issue. My point was that maybe it would be a good idea if you backed off a bit and re-evaluated your posts and your approach to these issues because they can come off as: disrespectful, rude, arrogant, and condescending to many players (whether you intended it or not) and the community doesn't need that as it is toxic and can spread (you know this!). If you want to talk further, just PM me instead of leaving a response on the thread and we can discuss Infinite Money, etc. more.

I kind of derailed the thread a bit, so this'll be my last post about that particular issue.

Carry on discussing!

drewey09

Champion
    drewey09
    drewey09 drewey09
    Ok I agree with alot of your points, but I still don't think the server should be reset. A lot of people worked really hard to get where they are at. Also not to mention it would make it WORSE for new players. Imagine joining a server, getting fairly good stuff after a long time, then loosing it all. That would suck, a lot. There is also the people who spent money on crates. They are required by minecraft to give them those back. So no matter what, if they have bought things, they will become op again, instantly. These are just a few of the reasons why it shouldn't be reset.

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    I got 14 full jugg sets and I want it removed. Why? So that the tryhards like mangledfury can stop bragging about how ez everyone else is.

Make jugg really rare or get rid of it.

I suggest making infinite nerfed, and not removed. Make a cooldown on all armor and tier 4 weapons. It's that simple.