• IP Copied!
  • So, I had a discussion on TMD-1.

Filthypride_

Mythical
    Filthypride_
    Filthypride_ Filthypride_
    Howdy, if you haven't met me, I'm Mack / Mackiee one of the Jr. Mods. I've recently had a discussion on TMD-1 regarding multiple topics. One including the most controversial topic (To myself anyways.) We were talking about the staff team. Personally I was taking suggestions on how to have better player-to-staff communication, and how we'd be able to improve peoples experience on the server. Of course a conversation with three-people won't improve anything, so I figured bring it to the fourms. (One of the suggestions I had.) So, here are some questions I'd love you guys to answer:

1: How can we help you enjoy your experience even more on the server?
    2: How can we improve our communication?
    3: How can we help the situation of "Player vs Staff"

One of the major issues I had on TMD-1 was the hostility, how it was "Ugh, a mod who doesn't do their job." or "Useless staff online." I'm personally sick of how big of a boundary there is between player and staff member, we all started as players, whether we pvp'd, role-played or were even just the silent person who killed walkers. Either way, we all come from the same place. We ARE a community, and we need to stick together.

Wobiee

Mythical
    Wobiee
    Wobiee Wobiee
    Disclaimer: This is Personal Opinion, not fact.

Personally, I think Havoc is a great place, staff make it even better but don't think its the staff that are the problem. It's the gameplay. Ever since the new update where pain spam was removed and everyone's items were taken away and the market was reset, all that good stuff, remember that? People. Went. Mental. I think it's safe to say a good majority of people hated it. I've also noticed that you cannot break the glass, or placed barbed wire and barricades which take out a vital part of gameplay for me and many others. I am aware that Sr. Staff are working on bringing out a new update but until then we are just going to have to ride the storm of hate out. I believe after the next update we will hopefully get a flood of new players that will revive Havoc.

Talk more in chat. There is plenty of forum activity from the staff which is great and all but I generally see a lack of chat from most staff members, it would be good to talk to players about Havoc and coming updates and what not. This way word spreads while the players start to like the staff members (something I'll cover in Q3). A little more talking to players would be nice. It's also important that staff members are clear about everything. This is one of the failures in not only the communication everywhere but communication between basically everyone everywhere. Its also good to ask players often if they have any problems, if they're doing alright or just how they are feeling in general, this way information will be more 'trusted' and should get across easier to players.

Personally, I don't think it's that staff don't do their jobs, they do them really well, the real problem I think is that the staff are lacking the relationships with the players. It seems to be that staff and players are playing in 2 different groups. Both groups need to put in a bit more effort into getting to know each other. Im not saying that this applies to everyone but a lot of people are struggling to actually know the staff members. Players tend to view staff as authoritarian figures because they have no friendship with them leading them to believe they are just there to enforce and not have fun with the players. I reckon that if the staff and players had a better relationship the players would start to see the staff members as friends and not authoritarian figures.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    1. I can say that once the update comes out, the server will take a lot of interest for veteran players as well as (hopefully) new players. The reason that many people went mental is because most of them were huge pvp teams that - no offense - either relied on pain spamming and didn't know too many actual tactics to stay alive, or took jugg wars as a non-realistic event; I understand that, and I'm fine with it until new players are leaving because they get shot in the face before they can learn how to play properly. I'm glad we are able to discuss this!

2/3. I know that it can be quite annoying if are unable to reach a staff member in game, and if I'm trying to stay in vanish and catch a hacker, I will find another staff member to help you; this is if I have the time, as hackers can deal great damage if not stopped as soon as possible. With talking more in chat, that line of communication of non-related chat is difficult for the more shy staff members, but I find the most shy tend to be very nice if you contact them directly, if they're not busy, and you could possibly chat with them that way. I like conversation as some may know, and I like to enjoy my staff position while helping players in every way I can.

Extra mini discussion: Something I find that really makes a team is passion. Passion is the key, the most wonderful thing that makes you want to help people, excel, communicate and take bright ideas with an open mind. When comparing HavocMC and passion, it reminds me of the saying "Find a job you like, and you won't have to work a day in your life". Yes, Havoc has its stressful days, but the overall feeling at the day is what really matters. What I also love about Havoc and recruitment is the variation in the team. We are mixed of different races, ethnicity, both men and female, different age groups (at a reasonable minimum) and we base off of many things; unlike most of society, we look at quality before looks, as looking into your background gives you more of a chance to be apart of a career, whereas on our team, you have to earn your position. Another thing, we all have our own skills and when added up, it makes all the difference. The fun little thing about this is that we all come from the player stage, meaning we have been you, showing that you all have your skills, kindness, and other characteristics that build a great community; we can be sure to work on this if you find fit. This factor brings a lot of joy, and every now and then we can discuss topics such as this in chat if you're ever up for a fun little conversation; apologies if I went a little off topic. :p

I will be on the TMD servers in vanish most of the time, however I'm popping on Havoc Horizons more so if you ever want to just start a conversation or if I'm not busy, we can hang out. I understand your point of communication and we will do what we can to help you.

~Katitude ☺️

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    I mean, for us Mine Wars nerds, I still haven't seen a mod online for about 2 months. With TMD, at least you guys are on the same server as the players. That's why for Mine Wars its kind of a players vs staff thing on the forums.

Funnehh

Mythical
    Funnehh
    Funnehh Funnehh
    Not going to answer the questions directly just going to say my whole opinion and not limit it to 3 questions.

Forums-

The forums is a key part of the server, it helps the community get to know eachother. Staff should always be commenting on suggestions, silly off topic threads or making introductions so the player base gets to know you more. Also the support tickets, the staff should be keeping up with them (I don't know if they are but seems otherwise), the inactivity of the staff on the forums really does show the lack of care they have. The players should also be encouraged to sign up to the forums, its the part that makes players want to become a part of this ever-growing community.

Server-
    The heart of the community. This is how people talk, start playing and make friends. Personally when I log on to the server I never see staff on, exception for @Beastyhardy . People need to see the staff are active on the server and I don't see that. The staff need to show they care for the community to actually be reassured and for them to stop making threads bashing staff. The staff are working their asses off, or atleast @Outroversions is. When I speak to her she tells me how much work she has/is doing, and this seems like she is carrying most of the weight for the staff team which should not be the case. Recently I have been on a bit more and I still haven't see lots of staff on even though, I've said several times that they work their asses off but do they really? Recently, no they haven't or at least they haven't been showing it. They need to show off what they are doing, the amount of bans, mutes, kicks and warns. This is what will show that they care, the amount of time and effort they are putting it. Also they should be less serious all the time, being a bit silly and joining in the fun should be a good thing for staff.

Teamspeak-
    Teamspeak is so.. So... Dead? Well when I log onto it, it is. This should be advertised more, or scrap it. Move to discord, its easy and free to set up. Better than teamspeak in my opinion. Any server with a teamspeak is more suited for community interaction. Discord servers are getting more popular than teamspeak, so why not follow the trend? This would make the community closer and you could have events like a quiz or just a QnA with the staff. I'll go indepth with discord if you guys would like me to make an official suggestion.

Communication-
    This is a big issue. I'm going to keep it short, or as short as I can. From what I've seen the staff team don't talk enough to the player base. When I've been on, only seen 1 staff member on, mentioned above, and he talks. I can't speak for the rest of the team but they seem like they don't speak because of their lack of activity on the forums. Now this needs to be upped, the staff should be on the forums refreshing and answering thread/support tickets all the time. Now, the staff team isn't active enough for my liking, in my timezone, BST, I've never seen a staff member on apart from 1. Stupid really. Staff should prioritize the server over all over because they are on the staff team. They need to make conversation, a massive way this could be improved is a discord server already mentioned above. Its a great way to keep the staff and players in contact. A perfect way.

Urgh.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    Not going to answer the questions directly just going to say my whole opinion and not limit it to 3 questions.

Forums-

The forums is a key part of the server, it helps the community get to know eachother. Staff should always be commenting on suggestions, silly off topic threads or making introductions so the player base gets to know you more. Also the support tickets, the staff should be keeping up with them (I don't know if they are but seems otherwise), the inactivity of the staff on the forums really does show the lack of care they have. The players should also be encouraged to sign up to the forums, its the part that makes players want to become a part of this ever-growing community.

Server-
    The heart of the community. This is how people talk, start playing and make friends. Personally when I log on to the server I never see staff on, exception for @Beastyhardy . People need to see the staff are active on the server and I don't see that. The staff need to show they care for the community to actually be reassured and for them to stop making threads bashing staff. The staff are working their asses off, or atleast @Outroversions is. When I speak to her she tells me how much work she has/is doing, and this seems like she is carrying most of the weight for the staff team which should not be the case. Recently I have been on a bit more and I still haven't see lots of staff on even though, I've said several times that they work their asses off but do they really? Recently, no they haven't or at least they haven't been showing it. They need to show off what they are doing, the amount of bans, mutes, kicks and warns. This is what will show that they care, the amount of time and effort they are putting it. Also they should be less serious all the time, being a bit silly and joining in the fun should be a good thing for staff.

Teamspeak-
    Teamspeak is so.. So... Dead? Well when I log onto it, it is. This should be advertised more, or scrap it. Move to discord, its easy and free to set up. Better than teamspeak in my opinion. Any server with a teamspeak is more suited for community interaction. Discord servers are getting more popular than teamspeak, so why not follow the trend? This would make the community closer and you could have events like a quiz or just a QnA with the staff. I'll go indepth with discord if you guys would like me to make an official suggestion.

Communication-
    This is a big issue. I'm going to keep it short, or as short as I can. From what I've seen the staff team don't talk enough to the player base. When I've been on, only seen 1 staff member on, mentioned above, and he talks. I can't speak for the rest of the team but they seem like they don't speak because of their lack of activity on the forums. Now this needs to be upped, the staff should be on the forums refreshing and answering thread/support tickets all the time. Now, the staff team isn't active enough for my liking, in my timezone, BST, I've never seen a staff member on apart from 1. Stupid really. Staff should prioritize the server over all over because they are on the staff team. They need to make conversation, a massive way this could be improved is a discord server already mentioned above. Its a great way to keep the staff and players in contact. A perfect way.

Urgh.
    Thank you for commenting! We will be sure to work on tickets more, though a Jr Mod right now has been pounding the tickets down everyday, shoutout to her. We've been looking for staff in different time zones, and I consider all of this feedback! There may appear to be lack of staff lately due to their exams, irl priorities, etc. We've working on applications too, so look forward to that. ^-^

~Katitude

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    well I finally found time to write this reply so I'm first going to point out this is my opinion not a fact and I'll take about the staff in general not individually. so now you have seen my little disclaimer let's begin.

1.game play,

so this will be very debated as people have their preferences and I don't play TMD very much I prefer the stress free life on horizon. But from what I have played, I personally think that TMD should have more tactics involved intead of running around with a stack of pains and making it a fight of attrition that can last significant amounts of time. So more tactics less spam on pains. you wanna have fun without tactics? sure try TMDPRC.

game play part 2.

my personal favorite part of the server havoc horizon with so little stress and amazing economy I build the single largest public grinder that lags everyone with the combined power of a thousand spawners. ah beautiful horizons never change you glorious place. except the broken commands, lack of mods, block glitching and my broken af warp that lags everything it touches. those do fix.

1) broken commands /back come on guys it can't be that hard to fix and if you don't want to take it off from the list of perks from donating
    /home you got 20/20 homes? no problems let's lock all 20 homes till you remove one to get 19/20 homes before re-enabling it

2) PvP looks like someone is losing a fight, well let's jump into the void to save my items or just log out since there is no combat log to prevent this.

3)this one is just opinion but /sellall it's good for titans

4)So there are a couple of helpers mainly being iHank and SP_Nick but not really any mods which is a problem when there are hackers and/or violations that need more immediate action. for the most part I see numerous mods online at the same time but none on when needed and for HH you can't give me the excuse "oh I was actually in /v" I check and can tell if anyone is in /v. when ever I have asked thus far for a staff (4times and counting) I have not had a single staff come on for at least and hour or 2 and at times none have come on at all. the problem here lies not with the lack of mods however with the quality and time zones of the mods.

2. communication .

so I can't help directly with this because it's honestly up to the person in the end. so I'll give suggestions. now I first of all I want to point out what katitude said about shy staff. (just something to think about but imagine a shy world leader hiding behind his staff because he is too shy too address the population) so shy and authoritarian don't go together.

another part of this would be the helper position. I personally think they are the best link between members of the community and staff. personally I would think of them as trusted members of the community and not really staff. in my opinion I would make them hold less power with lower requirements to be qualified and with shorter wait times to be accepted (eg not 2 months personally I think having such a long wait time shows a lot of inefficiency in the current staff but I am not in that circle of people so I'm just saying what I think from the generic community person stand point) also have different applications for helper and moderator positions since different people want to help the server differently. also some community involvement would be nice in the appointment of staff as honestly speaking I won't respect a staff if I have never seen them before and suddenly they are a staff.

back to the point of communication, team speak and discord are one of the best routes for communication EXCEPT when people are permanently online even when they aren't for example on discord when a staff Is on busy status even when they are online or offline creating a false message to players. and as I have seen in team speak I only see the staff hanging around in their staff channel never anywhere else I have helped a fair amount of people jut staying in the general discussion chat and even convinced new players to stay on and play more and I'm not even a staff member.

discord is terribly managed by an (ex)admin that will never reply and no one does any maintenance on it I spoke with Nick about and he was not concerned at all with discord at the time (not sure if his opinion changed personally I already manage 2 discord servers and set up 1 fully and will gladly help to improve the the havoc server discord channel if given the chance in my free time)

lastly on communication, I believe that if the staff had good relations with the community that communication don't be a problem and if they didn't have good community support then make it happen by interacting with the community. you can talk about this barrier between staff and players but how are you as the staff trying to fix this as well? I'll use strikefire as an example he is rarely on (now never) but people still like him. why you may ask? simple he is a fun guy to be with and knows the difference between being a staff and enjoying himself as a player with benefits so if he can do it why can't others? you may be different from him but try and follow his example and being more socially liked.

3.Players VS. Staff

Now players view the staff as an authority that is a given and they should be seen as such However they should Also be treated like friends when not moderating. so the thing I reccomend here is being respected as friends and not as a staff because as I said even though I am not a staff member I am respected enough on horizons to help people with scamming and fraud. Also players don't like staff when they act haughty and threatening players if they don't behave best remedy for this Is to just ignore the provocation and acts as per rules dictate.

Now back to helpers they are seen by the community as trusted members of the community and not exactly full fledged staff so people will warm up to the more. so the problem here lies with the Mods+ or so I have seen. refer back to my communication here.

This has been by far my longest and most detailed post and I would be amazed if anyone read this all the way through I have written a lot and probably missed out some points and details feel free to ask me to clarify what I have said and I will explain. this post is not to call mods bad or useless but to give constructive criticism on how they can improve .

Another thing to point out. For Jr Mods why are you guys leaving all the tickets to just 1 or 2 mods? do your part.

Last edited:

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    well I finally found time to write this reply so I'm first going to point out this is my opinion not a fact and I'll take about the staff in general not individually. so now you have seen my little disclaimer let's begin.

1.game play,

so this will be very debated as people have their preferences and I don't play TMD very much I prefer the stress free life on horizon. But from what I have played, I personally think that TMD should have more tactics involved idtead of running around with a stack of pains and making it a fight of attrition that can last significant amounts of time. So more tactics less spam on pains. you wanna have fun without tactics? sure try TMDPRC.

game play part 2.

my personal favorite part of the server havoc horizon with so little stress and amazing economy I build the single largest public grinder that lags everyone with the combined power of a thousand spawners. ah beautiful horizons never change you glorious place. except the broken commands, lack of mods, block glitching and my broken af warp that lags everything it touches. those do fix.

1) broken commands /back come on guys it can't be that hard to fix and if you don't want to take it off from the list of perks from donating
    /home you got 20/20 homes? no problems let's lock all 20 homes till you remove one to get 19/20 homes before re-enabling it

2) PvP looks like someone is losing a fight, well let's jump into the void to save my items or just log out since there is no combat log to prevent this.

4)So there are a couple of helpers mainly being iHank and SP_Nick but not really anymods which is a problem when there are hackers and/or violations that need more immediate action. for the most part I see numerous mods online at the same time but none on when needed and for HH you can't give me the excuse "oh I was actually in /v" I check and can tell if anyone is in /v. when ever I have asked thus far for a staff (4times and counting) I have not had a single staff come on for at least and hour or 2 and at times none have come on at all. the problem here lies not with the lack of mods however with the quality and time zones of the mods.

2. communication .

so I can't help directly with this because it's honestly up to the person in the end. so I'll give suggestions. now I first of all I want to point out what katitude said about shy staff. (just something to think about but imagine a shy world leader hiding behind his staff because hrbis too shy too address the population) so shy and authoritarian don't go together.

another part of this would be the helper position. I personally think they are the best link between members of the community and staff. personally I would think of them as trusted members of the community and not really staff. in my opinion I would make them hold less power with lower requirements to be qualified and with shorter wait times to be accepted (eg not 2months personally I think having such a long wait time shows a lot of inefficiency in the current staff but I am not in that circle of people so I'm just saying what I think from the generic community person stand point) also have different applications for helper and moderator positions since different people want to help the server differently. also some community involvement would be nice in the appointment of staff as honestly speaking I won't respect a staff if I have never seen them before and suddenly they are a staff.

back to the point of communication, team speak and discord are one of the best routes for communication EXCEPT when people are permanently online even when they aren't for example on discord when a staff Is on busy status even when they are online or offline creating a false message to players. and as I have seen in team speak I only see the staff hangin around in their staff channel never anywhere else I have helped a fair amount of people jut staying in the general discussion chat and even convinced new players to stay on and play more and I'm not even a staff member.

discord is terribly managed by an (ex)admin that will never reply and no one does any maintainence on it I spoke with Nick about and he was not concerned at all with discord at the time (not sure if his opinion changed personally I already manage 2discord servers and set up 1fully and will gladly help to impressed he the havoc server discord channel if given the chance in my free time)

lastly on communication, I believe that if the staff had good relations with the community that communication don't be a problem and if they didn't have good community support then make it happen by interacting with the community. you can talk about this barrier between staff and players but how are you as the staff trying to fix this as well? I'll use strikefire as an example he is rarely on (now never) but people still like him. why you may ask? simple he is a fun guy to be with and knows the difference between being a staff and enjoying himself as a player with benefits so if he can do it why can't others? you may be different from him but try and follow his example and being more socially liked.

3.Players VS. Staff

Now players view the staff as an authority that is a given and they should be seen as such However they should Also be treated like friends when not moderating. so the thing I reccomend here is being respected as friends and not as a staff because as I said even though I am not a staff member I am respected enough on horizons to help people with scamming and fraud. Also players don't like staff when they act haughty and threatening players if they don't behave best remedy for this Is to just ignore the provocation and acts as per rules dictate.

Now back to helpers they are seen by the community as trusted members of the community and not exactly full fledged staff so people will warm up to the more. so the problem here lies with the Mods+ or so I have seen. refer back to my communication here.

This has been by far my longest and most detailed post and I would be amazed if anyone read this all the way through I have written a lot and probably missed out some points and details feel free to ask me to clarify what I have said and I will explain. this post is not to call mods bad or useless but to give constructive criticism on how they can improve .

Another thing to point out. For Jr Mods why are you guys leaving all the tickets to just 1 or 2mods? do your part.

This is one of the best posts I have ever seen.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id

1.game play,

so this will be very debated as people have their preferences and I don't play TMD very much I prefer the stress free life on horizon. But from what I have played, I personally think that TMD should have more tactics involved intead of running around with a stack of pains and making it a fight of attrition that can last significant amounts of time. So more tactics less spam on pains. you wanna have fun without tactics? sure try TMDPRC.

game play part 2.

4)So there are a couple of helpers mainly being iHank and SP_Nick but not really any mods which is a problem when there are hackers and/or violations that need more immediate action. for the most part I see numerous mods online at the same time but none on when needed and for HH you can't give me the excuse "oh I was actually in /v" I check and can tell if anyone is in /v. when ever I have asked thus far for a staff (4times and counting) I have not had a single staff come on for at least and hour or 2 and at times none have come on at all. the problem here lies not with the lack of mods however with the quality and time zones of the mods.

2. communication .

so I can't help directly with this because it's honestly up to the person in the end. so I'll give suggestions. now I first of all I want to point out what katitude said about shy staff. (just something to think about but imagine a shy world leader hiding behind his staff because he is too shy too address the population) so shy and authoritarian don't go together.

another part of this would be the helper position. I personally think they are the best link between members of the community and staff. personally I would think of them as trusted members of the community and not really staff. in my opinion I would make them hold less power with lower requirements to be qualified and with shorter wait times to be accepted (eg not 2 months personally I think having such a long wait time shows a lot of inefficiency in the current staff but I am not in that circle of people so I'm just saying what I think from the generic community person stand point) also have different applications for helper and moderator positions since different people want to help the server differently. also some community involvement would be nice in the appointment of staff as honestly speaking I won't respect a staff if I have never seen them before and suddenly they are a staff.

back to the point of communication, team speak and discord are one of the best routes for communication EXCEPT when people are permanently online even when they aren't for example on discord when a staff Is on busy status even when they are online or offline creating a false message to players. and as I have seen in team speak I only see the staff hanging around in their staff channel never anywhere else I have helped a fair amount of people jut staying in the general discussion chat and even convinced new players to stay on and play more and I'm not even a staff member.

discord is terribly managed by an (ex)admin that will never reply and no one does any maintenance on it I spoke with Nick about and he was not concerned at all with discord at the time (not sure if his opinion changed personally I already manage 2 discord servers and set up 1 fully and will gladly help to improve the the havoc server discord channel if given the chance in my free time)

3.Players VS. Staff

Another thing to point out. For Jr Mods why are you guys leaving all the tickets to just 1 or 2 mods? do your part.

I agree with a few things here but I also don't agree with some as well. First of all, I write the longest post here and yours is semi-long, lol. Long posts are fine as long as you can keep the reader interested. It seemed interesting enough for me to read to the end. I believe most people read my terribly long posts to the end. I want to agree, disagree, and inform you on a few things.

Where to begin? I'll start with the fact that Icefire has resigned to pursue other things in life. He was not demoted and left on good terms I'm told. He may even return but let's not hold our breaths. This explains why you haven't seen him in a while. I sort of agree with you on staff being more vocal on the forums but just having the visual presence of one in game on the player list can be comforting. I myself have also only seen iHank, ,SP_Nick, and one other on during my brief times on TMD. But I imagine there was at least one other that was invisible. I mostly play MW and there have been cases of staff on there invisible as well as visible. I can't speak for HH as I haven't tried it yet.

As for tickets, the staff have a system. Currently, tickets are able to be handled by 1 mod that wants to handle them (I bet you didn't know that's the reason did you?). If there is an influx I'm sure additional mods will be asked to help out. I help a lot on MW and devote most of my time there taking players to locations, giving them typed instruction on how to get to places and answering questions as well as asking questions. I'm not staff either. I see this as the duty of every player but most of them do not see things from my point of view. To me it really isn't anything to brag about.

I do agree with the shy authoritarian vibe that some players receive. You're right, it does need working on but the main reason they're here is to enforce rules and catch hackers. As you said, some are very good at doing this. I'd rather have a staff member on that is invisible and is paying attention then a staff member that is on and is so caught up in pvping or talking that they fail to do their job properly. Most of what happens staff wise is behind the scenes where players don't get a glimpse of, thus they assume staff are idle. Some may be idle but some aren't and it may be their direct intention to not be seen. A house with a police car in front of it will never be robbed except by a total idiot. But a house with an unmarked car a house or two down just might. Showing a presence is really only sensible when there is conflict and you need people to behave. You want to catch hackers in the act, but if every staff member stays visible when they're on, then it can be easy for hackers to avoid detection. From what I know and have witnessed first hand, the staff gather in a channel on Team Speak to coordinate and share info with each other. As Kat said, if she is following a lead she will get another staff member to help someone. Chances are she'll tell the other staff via Team Speak so they can provide any assistance a player needs. She may also use other methods of communication as well.

As for (all) players seeing staff as authoritarians is simply not true. I have a few friends from when I was here earlier that are staff. Yes I know they are staff and are in charge of enforcing rules and seeing that certain things get done, but I do not see them as police officers hell bent to intimidate me or persecute me. I don't feel like I'm walking on thin ice around them, or any other staff member in that case. I'm more concerned with disagreements straining our friendships. Yes they have the authority to tell me what to do and I can either comply or leave. I can tell you that they need and want your respect, but do not want to be alienated or regarded as a police force that's sole purpose is to get you in trouble. I also agree with you that the staff isn't an enemy force. Wouldn't it be funny if the staff decided to take an announced break for a week. Imagine all of the players that would take advantage of knowing staff was really, in fact, doing nothing. You're right staff isn't the enemy. They're our ally and I almost wish players could be given a small dose of game play with out the staff. I think it would be a humbling experience and I am all for that kind of experience. The staff could be in a position to ask the players who the real enemy is. And if they prefer the real enemy to whom they conceived as the enemy (staff). Staff could then negotiate a deal that player must respect and not bash them ever again. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen. That's like a dream come true or something.

Also, you had my full attention until I saw that you don't have respect for a new staff member you've never met. You need to change your attitude on that, pronto. It's comments and behavior like that that can backfire on you. As a player you are to have fun, follow the rules, not make other player's lives difficult, and respect all of the staff you come across whether you agree with them or not. This is non-negotiable. Why do I even have to tell you this?

Helpers: Are they not "full fledged staff?" Can a Mod confirm this claim? They have their names plastered on a web page, they have a staff title, and the ability to enforce rules via commands and possibly software players aren't privy too. This meets my criteria as a staff member. Helpers are recruited through a detailed and select process. They are fresh from the playing fields so they still retain any friendships or acquaintances they had. Upon promotion and even before, these relationships can be strained or lost. I do agree with you that Helpers are the best link between the players and the upper echelon. Helpers jobs are to help and to provide immediate response to violations and hackers. The mods can then make more permanent decisions for the players in question.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    I agree with a few things here but I also don't agree with some as well. First of all, I write the longest post here and yours is semi-long, lol. Long posts are fine as long as you can keep the reader interested. It seemed interesting enough for me to read to the end. I believe most people read my terribly long posts to the end. I want to agree, disagree, and inform you on a few things.

Where to begin? I'll start with the fact that Icefire has resigned to pursue other things in life. He was not demoted and left on good terms I'm told. He may even return but let's not hold our breaths. This explains why you haven't seen him in a while. I sort of agree with you on staff being more vocal on the forums but just having the visual presence of one in game on the player list can be comforting. I myself have also only seen iHank, ,SP_Nick, and one other on during my brief times on TMD. But I imagine there was at least one other that was invisible. I mostly play MW and there have been cases of staff on there invisible as well as visible. I can't speak for HH as I haven't tried it yet.

As for tickets, the staff have a system. Currently, tickets are able to be handled by 1 mod that wants to handle them (I bet you didn't know that's the reason did you?). If there is an influx I'm sure additional mods will be asked to help out. I help a lot on MW and devote most of my time there taking players to locations, giving them typed instruction on how to get to places and answering questions as well as asking questions. I'm not staff either. I see this as the duty of every player but most of them do not see things from my point of view. To me it really isn't anything to brag about.

I do agree with the shy authoritarian vibe that some players receive. You're right, it does need working on but the main reason they're here is to enforce rules and catch hackers. As you said, some are very good at doing this. I'd rather have a staff member on that is invisible and is paying attention then a staff member that is on and is so caught up in pvping or talking that they fail to do their job properly. Most of what happens staff wise is behind the scenes where players don't get a glimpse of, thus they assume staff are idle. Some may be idle but some aren't and it may be their direct intention to not be seen. A house with a police car in front of it will never be robbed except by a total idiot. But a house with an unmarked car a house or two down just might. Showing a presence is really only sensible when there is conflict and you need people to behave. You want to catch hackers in the act, but if every staff member stays visible when they're on, then it can be easy for hackers to avoid detection. From what I know and have witnessed first hand, the staff gather in a channel on Team Speak to coordinate and share info with each other. As Kat said, if she is following a lead she will get another staff member to help someone. Chances are she'll tell the other staff via Team Speak so they can provide any assistance a player needs. She may also use other methods of communication as well.

As for (all) players seeing staff as authoritarians is simply not true. I have a few friends from when I was here earlier that are staff. Yes I know they are staff and are in charge of enforcing rules and seeing that certain things get done, but I do not see them as police officers hell bent to intimidate me or persecute me. I don't feel like I'm walking on thin ice around them, or any other staff member in that case. I'm more concerned with disagreements straining our friendships. Yes they have the authority to tell me what to do and I can either comply or leave. I can tell you that they need and want your respect, but do not want to be alienated or regarded as a police force that's sole purpose is to get you in trouble. I also agree with you that the staff isn't an enemy force. Wouldn't it be funny if the staff decided to take an announced break for a week. Imagine all of the players that would take advantage of knowing staff was really, in fact, doing nothing. You're right staff isn't the enemy. They're our ally and I almost wish players could be given a small dose of game play with out the staff. I think it would be a humbling experience and I am all for that kind of experience. The staff could be in a position to ask the players who the real enemy is. And if they prefer the real enemy to whom they conceived as the enemy (staff). Staff could then negotiate a deal that player must respect and not bash them ever again. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen. That's like a dream come true or something.

Also, you had my full attention until I saw that you don't have respect for a new staff member you've never met. You need to change your attitude on that, pronto. It's comments and behavior like that that can backfire on you. As a player you are to have fun, follow the rules, not make other player's lives difficult, and respect all of the staff you come across whether you agree with them or not. This is non-negotiable. Why do I even have to tell you this?

Helpers: Are they not "full fledged staff?" Can a Mod confirm this claim? They have their names plastered on a web page, they have a staff title, and the ability to enforce rules via commands and possibly software players aren't privy too. This meets my criteria as a staff member. Helpers are recruited through a detailed and select process. They are fresh from the playing fields so they still retain any friendships or acquaintances they had. Upon promotion and even before, these relationships can be strained or lost. I do agree with you that Helpers are the best link between the players and the upper echelon. Helpers jobs are to help and to provide immediate response to violations and hackers. The mods can then make more permanent decisions for the players in question.
    There are a couple of misconceptions you have about my post, 1St would be icefire I do know he is currently on hiatus I have no problems with that.However the discord channel should still be maintained even if he I not here due to community's sake

I never mentioned anything about forums what they do on this is far from my concern and I already know they do a lot on it and don't need my opinion on it.

You speak alot about /v and I'll put it really simply. I can tell when they are on and if they are /v Jr Mods + Admins I have even joked and been a troll to a few. (Melody thanks for being a good sport )

I am also under the impression you think that I have assumed the staff do nothing. That is quite wrong, I understand what they do and see them at work.

So for authority, now I never said to feel intimidated by them however they are an authority and should be treated as such. Your not intimidated? Well neither am I but most people that play on the server will be since they are treated as "police" .

I'll reword my phrse on respect for you. I will not respect this person as a friend if they come online from tmd to hh(example) and start barking orders. I will however respect him as a staff member that has been entrusted to moderate the server. Give respect to earn it. Very simple. If you want be to automatically respect someone I don't know as a friend, I can and will not comply.

I say "not full fledged staff" from my opinion for a helper. For the same reason as builders, they are here to build and helpers to help. Yes they are staff but technically so are builders however builders are not to be treated as staff in game. So this not to say they are not staff, however personally I think that they are not the main body of staff. Therefore maybe "core members of staff" would be more appropriate. And you said it yourself they are basically interns they hold power yes but they can't do anything permanent without mods supervision.

Finally for tickets. Are you trying to tell me that all tickets are to be handled by one person? "Currently, tickets are able to be handled by 1 mod that wants to handle them " because if I take that at face value I would assume you have never done group work. Yes one person could finish the entire group project by themselves however it would take a lot of time and effort. Where as a team could finish them faster. This isn't to say only 1mods does them but there is a main person finishing most of them and I think it's very difficulty to be that person that all the work especially when no one sees the effort put in.

And a Ex Jr. mod even agreed with me so are you also telling me that you are more correct than him?

Either way this is my opinion like it hate it is not the point. This is my take and how to improve. I will clarify my mistakes and answer questions. As for backfire ?I think I trust the mods well enough for that not to happen.

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    In this community, there come sometime where after reading a new thread, I feel like sharing what I think about it, but always fear what other would think about, or wonder if one would try to abuse the situation like if this was a game. Its not possible to be liked by everyone when you share your ideas, but at least I have the guts to do it! Lets said, I've took time to read, understand and summarize the previous 10 posts. So Where should I start?

::The main purpose of this thread was to answer the question : how to increase quality in communication between staff and players in a way, the players would enjoy it and there would be less generalization and negativity.

i) Mackiee introduce herself and her topic.

ii) WoobleyTaco share his personal opinion

What I've disliked was

1) (Bring back the gameplay) Like sharing about common game leak

What I've liked was

2) Suggest more exchange in-game as chat between players and staff

* More actuality and update exchange, more relation related exchange

3) Feellike staff and players play into 2 different groups (as I already experienced it)

* First to suggest staff being seen as authoritarian figures

iii) katitude

Share what she think about "mental". Make me think about what could remove players the thrill to play. As experienced in TMDO-1, TMD-1, and TMDPRC-1.

* After she gave some clarification about "reaching staff", she might delegate when lack of time.

* She also share about "hackers hunting", and staff are human and some of them are "shy"

* She also share a few about herself "Like exchange and helping" "Extra : Passion is key to motivation", If you want to be parts of the staff, you have to earn the position. Every staff have been players before.

iv) CravenPython108

What I liked

* Suggest that seeing staff online, might help relations

V) Mackiee reply that see listen to the reply and would like to help

VI) Funnehh

What I disliked

Forum : What staff should always do

Forum : Suggest staff inactivity on the forum. (Really false.) As example, the same day there is always a staff who pass by any forum section ;)

Forum : How staff care about this community is directly related to quantity threads bashing staff

Forum : Want proof that staff are really working

Forum : General statement : Staff being too serious

Communication : Does staff do their job about support tickets?

Communication : Does the server is a priority to the staff or do they show it?

Communication : Suggest Discord as an 1 and only solution

Note : How challenging that much what staff do, should do or should have done differently could be seen as a constructive criticism?

What I liked :

Forum : Suggest It would help to see Staff online on the player list

Forum : Sharing feeling a certain staff carry weight of all responsibility, as I've met one who gave me the same feeling. And the open question as does staff work as a team?

Note : How is Staff vs staff communication quality right now?

Teamspeak : Suggest how to make community closer

Communication : Suggestion about "on a base" how to upgrade staff to players communication

VII) Katitude

Share that she listen to your suggestions and there is upkeep to come in tickets moderation, and that she is aware of the difficulties who repesent time zone.

VIII) Nekophysix

What I disliked

Mostly you chose to point problem in general, instead of being more specific

* You share impression on a game play who mostly don't play

* Suggest that tmdprc-1 is the place for a lack of tactic. Correct me, but I guess anyone who know and strife to survive on that server know its the total opposite!

* Talk about know common game leak

* Suggest that helpers aren't full staff, when needed there is none moderation,

* staff should not be invisible,

* Judge quality as person about mod on HH

2 Communication

* Staff should not be shy

* Helpers are more friendly than others staff

* Suggest may lack respect toward new staff

* Staff will to be in relation is directly related to communication difficulties

* Staff should be more socially liked

Note : I'm against that idea simply because, everyone is human, have strength that also make weakness. So I'm generally again general statement, at least for 1 reason.

3 : Mods don't do their parts.

What I liked :

* Remind staff are seen as authoritarian

* Apply take lots of time

* May require more chatting possibility with some staff, on various media

* Community's member help more or as much as staff.

Note : As sarge suggest it, I feel this is a duty, or not something to ask gratification for.

* Suggest that Discord could be more managed

Players should treat staff like friends, and should ignore provocation from haughty staff member.

Contain a few constructive criticism as suggested.

IX) Beetley

I understand your feeling about the last post, but I suggest you to read it a second time, trying to understand every details, then I hope you'll see that this last post could have being better!

x) Sarge4id

What I liked the most was your clarifications :

Long post interest, Ice fire leaving, the tickets system, team speak, who'S the enemy (staff vs hackers, and bad behavior...), who are helpers

What I liked

* I also feel better when I am able to find a staff on a player list.

* Helping others, a community duty

*How Could some staff pass as shy, or authoritarian

*No matter visible or not, what staff mostly should do. (rules and hackers)

* Suggest find staff intension before judging

* How staff visibility could be as good as bad, especially when catching hackers in action

* Suggest being more concerned by disagreements straining a friendship, about relation with a staff. Also don't see staff as intimidation.

* Suggest staff need respect, and no alienation.

As for the #11, I have to sleep, I will update my post later ;)

So I hope everyone would understand why I have divides my reply in what I dislike and what I like. Anytime you could contact me in private. And I don't think I have to share more thought.

See also :

https://havocmc.net/threads/what-do-the-staff-really-do.1996/#post-17481

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    In this community, there come sometime where after reading a new thread, I feel like sharing what I think about it, but always fear what other would think about, or wonder if one would try to abuse the situation like if this was a game. Its not possible to be liked by everyone when you share your ideas, but at least I have the guts to do it! Lets said, I've took time to read, understand and summarize the previous 10 posts. So Where should I start?

::The main purpose of this thread was to answer the question : how to increase quality in communication between staff and players in a way, the players would enjoy it and there would be less generalization and negativity.

i) Mackiee introduce herself and her topic.

ii) WoobleyTaco share his personal opinion

What I've disliked was

1) (Bring back the gameplay) Like sharing about common game leak

What I've liked was

2) Suggest more exchange in-game as chat between players and staff

* More actuality and update exchange, more relation related exchange

3) Feellike staff and players play into 2 different groups (as I already experienced it)

* First to suggest staff being seen as authoritarian figures

iii) katitude

Share what she think about "mental". Make me think about what could remove players the thrill to play. As experienced in TMDO-1, TMD-1, and TMDPRC-1.

* After she gave some clarification about "reaching staff", she might delegate when lack of time.

* She also share about "hackers hunting", and staff are human and some of them are "shy"

* She also share a few about herself "Like exchange and helping" "Extra : Passion is key to motivation", If you want to be parts of the staff, you have to earn the position. Every staff have been players before.

iv) CravenPython108

What I liked

* Suggest that seeing staff online, might help relations

V) Mackiee reply that see listen to the reply and would like to help

VI) Funnehh

What I disliked

Forum : What staff should always do

Forum : Suggest staff inactivity on the forum. (Really false.) As example, the same day there is always a staff who pass by any forum section ;)

Forum : How staff care about this community is directly related to quantity threads bashing staff

Forum : Want proof that staff are really working

Forum : General statement : Staff being too serious

Communication : Does staff do their job about support tickets?

Communication : Does the server is a priority to the staff or do they show it?

Communication : Suggest Discord as an 1 and only solution

Note : How challenging that much what staff do, should do or should have done differently could be seen as a constructive criticism?

What I liked :

Forum : Suggest It would help to see Staff online on the player list

Forum : Sharing feeling a certain staff carry weight of all responsibility, as I've met one who gave me the same feeling. And the open question as does staff work as a team?

Note : How is Staff vs staff communication quality right now?

Teamspeak : Suggest how to make community closer

Communication : Suggestion about "on a base" how to upgrade staff to players communication

VII) Katitude

Share that she listen to your suggestions and there is upkeep to come in tickets moderation, and that she is aware of the difficulties who repesent time zone.

VIII) Nekophysix

What I disliked

Mostly you chose to point problem in general, instead of being more specific

* You share impression on a game play who mostly don't play

* Suggest that tmdprc-1 is the place for a lack of tactic. Correct me, but I guess anyone who know and strife to survive on that server know its the total opposite!

* Talk about know common game leak

* Suggest that helpers aren't full staff, when needed there is none moderation,

* staff should not be invisible,

* Judge quality as person about mod on HH

2 Communication

* Staff should not be shy

* Helpers are more friendly than others staff

* Suggest may lack respect toward new staff

* Staff will to be in relation is directly related to communication difficulties

* Staff should be more socially liked

Note : I'm against that idea simply because, everyone is human, have strength that also make weakness. So I'm generally again general statement, at least for 1 reason.

3 : Mods don't do their parts.

What I liked :

* Remind staff are seen as authoritarian

* Apply take lots of time

* May require more chatting possibility with some staff, on various media

* Community's member help more or as much as staff.

Note : As sarge suggest it, I feel this is a duty, or not something to ask gratification for.

* Suggest that Discord could be more managed

Players should treat staff like friends, and should ignore provocation from haughty staff member.

Contain a few constructive criticism as suggested.

IX) Beetley

I understand your feeling about the last post, but I suggest you to read it a second time, trying to understand every details, then I hope you'll see that this last post could have being better!

x) Sarge4id

What I liked the most was your clarifications :

Long post interest, Ice fire leaving, the tickets system, team speak, who'S the enemy (staff vs hackers, and bad behavior...), who are helpers

What I liked

* I also feel better when I am able to find a staff on a player list.

* Helping others, a community duty

*How Could some staff pass as shy, or authoritarian

*No matter visible or not, what staff mostly should do. (rules and hackers)

* Suggest find staff intension before judging

* How staff visibility could be as good as bad, especially when catching hackers in action

* Suggest being more concerned by disagreements straining a friendship, about relation with a staff. Also don't see staff as intimidation.

* Suggest staff need respect, and no alienation.

As for the #11, I have to sleep, I will update my post later ;)

So I hope everyone would understand why I have divides my reply in what I dislike and what I like. Anytime you could contact me in private. And I don't think I have to share more thought.

See also :

https://havocmc.net/threads/what-do-the-staff-really-do.1996/#post-17481

I will go over point by point about each dislike with explanation

1. So your telling me that Havoc Horizon does not matter ? well damn. i might not care much about TMD but i still sure as hell listen to their complaints and help improve it. While we are it it lets just scrap the server and call the server mining dead with only /server tmdprc and tmd because thats what your implying :)

2. yes TMDPRC is more death match style run and gun where tactics do not matter as much as TMD. you also dont lose as much things on death with the exception of kill streaks which makes people more reckless.

3.When needed there are none ? well that is a fact for my timezone.

4. feel free to /v in the server while on HH thou i can see you anyways.

5. Judge quality as person about mod on HH. I like hiring serial killers with a good education background for my hospital.

6. go ahead and be shy, just dont use it as an excuse.

7. Helpers are more community inclined so yes they are usually more liked. Its not that they are more friendly its that they are more approachable.

8. i have a reply for this up someone did not read my replies carefully.

9. Well im not going to point fingers at any single mod in particular.

10."Mods don't do their parts." Seriously. i am amazed this is what you took away from my 2 posts and replies. Please do re-read both parts with equal attention. Or if your a busy person re-read my second post.

Edit: Also read my 2nd part before you pass divine judgement on my reply if your unwilling to read my entire argument before posting you might as well not post about me at all :)

Last edited:

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    Would you like me to go through it, point by point? Fine, I'll waste my time writing an entire message about why I believe Neko is god.

Yes, this bit is great! I completely agree. This is a survival server, not a PvP server. It currently consists of many people in juggernaut armour running around killing eachother while eating five million bottles of painkillers.

This bit is a little wrong. "Lack of mods." Staff like to use vanish mode, and when there are larger amounts of players, they don't reveal their presence to the community. This may be because of hackers, spammers, or just because they want to play stress-free. When you do not see them, (I believe your method of checking is /baltop.) they may be playing with an alt, or tending to another player on a different server. Other than that, I agree.

Agree! This paragraph is life.

There are trusted players. And helpers. Helper is like a trial mod period. They are not given many perks, and if the application is good, there is a spot open for helper, and it's bumped, it will be responded too quickly.

I like this bit.

True.
    This is the bit that made this post my favourite ever. It's 100% accurate.

The junior moderator position is about watching for hackers, and they often won't participate in chat while following someone. This is because it will reveal that they are there, and may cause the hacker to panic and leave.
    Other than that, pretty good paragraph..

@Al_Cool - Happy now?

As an ex junior moderator, I deem Neko's post as the best ever.

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    Ok Nek, just to clarify on my end: Yes I might have more experience then a single jr mod. I've been gaming for over 15 years, running servers for about 7, have co-owned a Minecraft server hosting company, have owned several mc servers in which i had to shell out cash for rent and programmers, have co-owned a server or two via financing it, was admin on several servers, mod on even more, did psych profiles on most of my staff as well as unannounced testing and scenarios to test their reactions, had an interview with them more then once, I can bet that my methods for selecting staff were overkill compared to the methods here. I had my staff turn themselves in for abusing powers, and this scored them honesty points. They gained more respect for being honest then for covering something up or lying.

As for group work ill reword that to the term "team" work. I'll keep this very brief as someone always has to say something about it. Me not having an idea of what "team" work is? Are you kidding me? My first occupation started at age 17 where I was put into a "team" and taught to function as a "team." I then went over seas and work in many "teams." After a while I was put in charge of small "teams." Later on I was put in charge of a group of small "team." Do you know what my entailed when working and being in charge of "teams." Working together was crucial for survival. Grudges had to be stowed away out in the field. We couldn't afford drama either. When being in charge of a "team" or several "teams" your goals are to accomplish your objectives, keep a cool and clear head, coordinate, and make sure everyone come back with a head attached to their shoulders." After that and being a candidate, I myself instructed age 17 "teams" only for a short while before I injured my back. Al off it - Very stressful. Very overwhelming. Much more then modding on a server.

So tell professor, do I have the knowledge and prerequisites to pass your Group Work 101 class?

As for AI_Cool, I think you did a wonderful job on your post. Listing pro's and con's helped me, at least, see the good and bad things in a better perspective.

Back to having a single mod working tickets. And the over used phrase "Are you telling me," I should reiterate that this staff member isn't being forced to do this by themselves. And if there is an influx in tickets they will receive help. Now tell me Nek, would you rather had more staff doing tickets or working on servers? Also I'm interested on how a few players see to be able to see invisible staff members. Could you clarify this a bit more? Is it a website or a program that could allow a hacker to know if a /v staff member was present? And is even talking about to some that might not know it's possible, a bad idea because some might use this to hack and get around detection by /v staff?

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    Ok Nek, just to clarify on my end: Yes I might have more experience then a single jr mod. I've been gaming for over 15 years, running servers for about 7, have co-owned a Minecraft server hosting company, have owned several mc servers in which i had to shell out cash for rent and programmers, have co-owned a server or two via financing it, was admin on several servers, mod on even more, did psych profiles on most of my staff as well as unannounced testing and scenarios to test their reactions, had an interview with them more then once, I can bet that my methods for selecting staff were overkill compared to the methods here. I had my staff turn themselves in for abusing powers, and this scored them honesty points. They gained more respect for being honest then for covering something up or lying.

As for group work ill reword that to the term "team" work. I'll keep this very brief as someone always has to say something about it. Me not having an idea of what "team" work is? Are you kidding me? My first occupation started at age 17 where I was put into a "team" and taught to function as a "team." I then went over seas and work in many "teams." After a while I was put in charge of small "teams." Later on I was put in charge of a group of small "team." Do you know what my entailed when working and being in charge of "teams." Working together was crucial for survival. Grudges had to be stowed away out in the field. We couldn't afford drama either. When being in charge of a "team" or several "teams" your goals are to accomplish your objectives, keep a cool and clear head, coordinate, and make sure everyone come back with a head attached to their shoulders." After that and being a candidate, I myself instructed age 17 "teams" only for a short while before I injured my back. Al off it - Very stressful. Very overwhelming. Much more then modding on a server.

So tell professor, do I have the knowledge and prerequisites to pass your Group Work 101 class?

As for AI_Cool, I think you did a wonderful job on your post. Listing pro's and con's helped me, at least, see the good and bad things in a better perspective.

Back to having a single mod working tickets. And the over used phrase "Are you telling me," I should reiterate that this staff member isn't being forced to do this by themselves. And if there is an influx in tickets they will receive help. Now tell me Nek, would you rather had more staff doing tickets or working on servers? Also I'm interested on how a few players see to be able to see invisible staff members. Could you clarify this a bit more? Is it a website or a program that could allow a hacker to know if a /v staff member was present? And is even talking about to some that might not know it's possible, a bad idea because some might use this to hack and get around detection by /v staff?

I shall ignore the life story that is your own experience.

AI_Cool did an interesting job of compiling everything but made some glaring errors due to not reading my reply fully.

"I should reiterate that this staff member isn't being forced to do this by themselves" Well a lot of people arent forced to do anything but they still do it eg I am not forced to study however i still do out of a sense of duty.

"And if there is an influx in tickets they will receive help" Not that the mods i have talked to have received significant help from others with tickets.

"would you rather had more staff doing tickets or working on servers?" Tickets are an important as well as they hold complaints and bugs from the community so i would put them on equal standing.

as for bypassing /v its very simple but i shall refrain from saying in public since i know mods need privacy to work.

And finally. It's Neko not nek thank you very much.

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    One of the purpose for my reply was to suggest people to be more responsible about what they write, and how they do it; and by extension about how others would understand, or reply after!

Even if you got good idea, if the way you express it have aggressiveness in it, or use generalization, it affect the way others could understand your post!

So I won't be shy to say that, your contradiction tell a lots about yourself! If you felt hiding what you think, in your post, by using aggressiveness, then adding one more sentence that look more open minded, at least have the courage to recognize it!

So thk anyway for your reply, Neko you saved me work about summarizing the post #11! Doesn't matter anymore.

My final sentence stay, I don't think I have to share more thought. Also I don't mind not being liked by everyone, so I don't mind saying what others could think but are too shy to say ;)

Note : For those who still dare about the main purpose of this thread, please reply from the first post and not the last ones!

Sarge4id

Titan
    Sarge4id
    Sarge4id Sarge4id
    Just wanted to prove I do know a thing or two about team work, lol. Also I believe the staff member requested the ticket position? I think I remember hearing that. putting more thought into it, I do agree that tickets and moderation are both equally important in most cases. And sorry Neko, I tend to abbreviate things into three letters, lol.

AI_Cool bring up a good point: We do need to really look at how we may come across to others in the way we post or reply. When we're irritated we can come across arrogant or aggressive. We can also take things personally and become defensive. I know I'm guilty of these things. Me and Neko has a private chat and settled our little joust. We both admitted we over reacted in some areas. This is how things should be resolved in the end. Grudges are never a good thing.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    Howdy, if you haven't met me, I'm Mack / Mackiee one of the Jr. Mods. I've recently had a discussion on TMD-1 regarding multiple topics. One including the most controversial topic (To myself anyways.) We were talking about the staff team. Personally I was taking suggestions on how to have better player-to-staff communication, and how we'd be able to improve peoples experience on the server. Of course a conversation with three-people won't improve anything, so I figured bring it to the fourms. (One of the suggestions I had.) So, here are some questions I'd love you guys to answer:

One of the major issues I had on TMD-1 was the hostility, how it was "Ugh, a mod who doesn't do their job." or "Useless staff online." I'm personally sick of how big of a boundary there is between player and staff member, we all started as players, whether we pvp'd, role-played or were even just the silent person who killed walkers. Either way, we all come from the same place. We ARE a community, and we need to stick together.

I dont really know any staff. I do know that staff are so strict about private chats which is frustrating. If I message someone in private chat and get warned, it just seems silly. I get public chat, but private just feels like they are policing and basically being the fun police. It seems like someone who watches the walking dead and sees all of that should be able to say "*******" in a private chat that gets censored and not get a warning point. :/

Also, when staff are on, they seem to just respond to players they know. I've asked questions and they just ignore me bc they are talking about something random to a friend in global.

I don't have a huge issue with staff, but those little things could prob be improved.