• IP Copied!
  • Stolen textures!

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    (this has already been reported to staff FYI)

Hi there! recently i discovered a server that my friend told me was stealing havoc textures, so i went and checked it out and he wasn't lying. I have PROOF that this server has stolen the textures (some are the old textures before they got updated):

Spas 12 - [REDACTED]
    RPG - [REDACTED]
    Flamethrower - [REDACTED]
    The minewars sniper (forgot the name) - [REDACTED]
    MP5 - [REDACTED]
    Remington - [REDACTED]

I an pretty sure this is grounds for a copyright lawsuit so my hopes are that this gets resolved as soon as possible. @_Nickk @IgnitingIce @Jacobg1998

(P.S the server I.P is [REDACTED] if you wanna check out these ripoffs)

Moderator Note: This post was edited to prevent the unintended advertisement of the offending server in question.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    It’s just a texture pack
    its still grounds for copyright

(this has already been reported to staff FYI)

Hi there! recently i discovered a server that my friend told me was stealing havoc textures, so i went and checked it out and he wasn't lying. I have PROOF that this server has stolen the textures (some are the old textures before they got updated):

Spas 12 - [REDACTED]
    RPG - [REDACTED]
    Flamethrower - [REDACTED]
    The minewars sniper (forgot the name) - [REDACTED]
    MP5 - [REDACTED]
    Remington - [REDACTED]

I an pretty sure this is grounds for a copyright lawsuit so my hopes are that this gets resolved as soon as possible. @_Nickk @IgnitingIce @Jacobg1998

(P.S the server I.P is [REDACTED] if you wanna check out these ripoffs)

Moderator Note: This post was edited to prevent the unintended advertisement of the offending server in question.
    Sorry anonymous moderator, i didn't know (i can re-provide the screenshots to the staff should need be though)

Draw4

Draw4
    Draw4 Draw4
    its still grounds for copyright

Sorry anonymous moderator, i didn't know (i can re-provide the screenshots to the staff should need be though)

You don’t know of they have copyright for a minecraft texture pack lol

Shallowing

Mythical
    Shallowing
    Shallowing Shallowing
    what about it?
    I mean like I get that it’s “stealing” textures but I mean it’s over Minecraft.. the main server will always be the best so why go through all that trouble just to file a lawsuit over Minecraft textures. It just doesn’t make sense to me

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I mean like I get that it’s “stealing” textures but I mean it’s over Minecraft.. the main server will always be the best so why go through all that trouble just to file a lawsuit over Minecraft textures. It just doesn’t make sense to me
    If it's copyrighted, then it's a felony. Yeah, it's Minecraft, but it's like stealing art and saying it's yours. That's essentially what this is.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    It’s pretty petty if you actually copy right a Minecraft resource pack, and no where in the pack does it say Copyright HavocMC

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    I don’t think it’d be worth the court cost to take have someone charged for stealing a resource pack.

Withermandude

Mythical
    Withermandude
    Withermandude Withermandude
    Well when you look at the legality of the situation, the texture pack (To my knowledge) has no copyright claim. Therfore, it it is part of the public domain and is open for free public use without permission from the owner or company.

Slimme

Mythical
    Slimme
    Slimme Slimme
    Whenever anyone creates a work of anything it's already their work, meaning it's copy righted from when they create it.

_Tachi_

Champion
    _Tachi_
    _Tachi_ _Tachi_
    Well when you look at the legality of the situation, the texture pack (To my knowledge) has no copyright claim. Therfore, it it is part of the public domain and is open for free public use without permission from the owner or company.
    Under section 102 of the Copyright Act it states "Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device." The act defines "works of authorship" as any of the following:
    1) literary works;
    (2) musical works, including any accompanying words;
    (3) dramatic works, including any accompanying music;
    (4) pantomimes and choreographic works;
    (5) pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;
    (6) motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
    (7) sound recordings; and
    (8) architectural works.

Source: Copyright law of the United States - (page 8) https://www.copyright.gov/title17/title17.pdf

tjpill

tjpill
    tjpill tjpill
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Secondly, if they were able to use these textures doesn't that mean they were publicly available somewhere?

Retop

Titan
    Retop
    Retop Retop
    I have been apart of many servers that revolve around zombies and end of the world type stuff. Yes, this is not the first time I have seen these textures, but you also need to take into consideration the date the resource packs were added, and who really copied who. Try digging in and finding a bit more research, I'll be happy to throw in some screenshots of these textures on other servers. :)

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    Hi _Tachi_,

Thank you for your concern regarding the textures of HavocMC being stolen. Unfortunately, we cannot do a lot regarding this. We will be sure to keep an eye out for these types of issues and take action if needed. This has happened before and will surely happen again. Happy New Years and thanks again for the report!

- Peach