• i dont care bueno

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Literally redoing my whole post.
    This idea is meant mainly for getting suggestions acknowledged, as the community is being "ignored", so on and so forth. Anyways, indulging into the forum rank idea. This forum rank would be the "Suggestion Counselor", this rank would not have any unique perks, but would be a more official voice in a suggestion, and could pass the ideas up to higher ups in the content team, such as devs, and they would determine whether or not the idea is adequate to Havoc's standards, and would determine whether or not the idea be declined or accepted, if an idea/suggestion is accepted, the Counselor would announce it on forum for any additional information to be added, and if it were to be declined, it would be announced on forum, and would give a reasoning, whether it be simply too much work for the devs, or they can't do it since they're busy, or if the Suggestion is too far fetched, the Counselor would give a more detailed opinion on pretty much every suggestion, good or not. But, the Counselor could also choose whether or not the idea should be passed up, for the sake of not spamming the content team. Counselors, I believe, should be made up of builders (optional), helper+ (optional), and any applicants for the rank. It would require a required playtime, as Havoc's history has proven to be, complicated, in regards to changes made to the server, and the does and do nots of Havoc should be seen in the playtime of the server. If the idea is based with plugins, I think that the person who is responding, should have basic plugin knowledge, if it has to do with a build, or addition to the map, it should be a builder, if it's just a simple suggestion regarding reversion to days where Havoc was more propserous, or an idea about just improving the server, forums, or anything of the sort, there would be an Overall Suggestion Counselor, who would respond to it, or if it's a big, big ambitious suggestion, it could be responded from each perspective.
    So, Suggestion Counselors would respond to suggestions regarding whatever their profession is, and would give their opinions to suggestions, and could pass it up and make it possible.

Last edited:

Captain_xWolf

Mythical
    Captain_Furno
    Captain_Furno Captain_Furno
    I like this idea. It would really benefit the server and aid staff in getting new ideas into the game. While assigning who would be chosen may be a struggle, I’m sure it will help in the long-run.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    ight ight so heres what im thinking rn.
    it's a fairly straightforward idea not like my other complex really ambitious really expensive really hard to code ideas.
    anyways back on topic
    ideas and suggestions are the things that our community would like to see out of Havoc.
    and well, i know that a lot of players are like
    "HEY BUT THE MODERATORS AND OTHER STAFF THAT RESPOND CAN'T DO ANYTHING!"
    dear god they can
    they can pass it up the chain of command!
    but wait
    they have other jobs and responsibilities, meaning they can't always do that.
    with that being said, i introduce to you, the suggestion taker
    i dont even have an official name for this theoretical forum rank, but basically it would provide a more official response to each and every idea and suggestion made, good, bad, detailed, or not, they would be tasked in listing the idea, and passing it up to the higher ups in the content team. this rank could be shared with multiple people, and could give more insight as to how the server could followup with that idea. say for example someone wanted something and had provided resources to make their idea possible.the suggestion taker (or whatever it could be called) would take the suggestion, or just the URL for the suggestion and sent it up to a dev or owner and summarize what they were suggesting, meaning that the devs or whoever on the content team that is reviewing it, would be able to determine whether or not it is possible, or could at least regard it.
    this both moralizes the player who suggested it, as they know that it has been acknowledged, and could, in theory, be added to the server.
    but this is just a rank idea, i'd like to hear your opinions
    Post seems as brown as one of DD's posts. Look at you getting inspired <o/

Memery aside, the idea would be cool if it was added but at the same time owners and devs are the only people who really have an official say on any ideas

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Post seems as brown as one of DD's posts. Look at you getting inspired <o/

Memery aside, the idea would be cool if it was added but at the same time owners and devs are the only people who really have an official say on any ideas
    whomst ever sed i ment tht it wuld be the renk idea ting thet wuz taking the ideaz i ment thy wuld b mure deadikadud end tawtfel raspunses mayne
    aynd thayd geve ideuh two peepl whum culd revuew et den datarmen ef et ez pawsibal
    this was cancer to write,
    sorry

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    ight ight so heres what im thinking rn.
    it's a fairly straightforward idea not like my other complex really ambitious really expensive really hard to code ideas.
    anyways back on topic
    ideas and suggestions are the things that our community would like to see out of Havoc.
    and well, i know that a lot of players are like
    "HEY BUT THE MODERATORS AND OTHER STAFF THAT RESPOND CAN'T DO ANYTHING!"
    dear god they can
    they can pass it up the chain of command!
    but wait
    they have other jobs and responsibilities, meaning they can't always do that.
    with that being said, i introduce to you, the suggestion taker
    i dont even have an official name for this theoretical forum rank, but basically it would provide a more official response to each and every idea and suggestion made, good, bad, detailed, or not, they would be tasked in listing the idea, and passing it up to the higher ups in the content team. this rank could be shared with multiple people, and could give more insight as to how the server could followup with that idea. say for example someone wanted something and had provided resources to make their idea possible.the suggestion taker (or whatever it could be called) would take the suggestion, or just the URL for the suggestion and sent it up to a dev or owner and summarize what they were suggesting, meaning that the devs or whoever on the content team that is reviewing it, would be able to determine whether or not it is possible, or could at least regard it.
    this both moralizes the player who suggested it, as they know that it has been acknowledged, and could, in theory, be added to the server.
    but this is just a rank idea, i'd like to hear your opinions
    They can't get enough helpers to begin with... how do you suggest they get staff/others for this?

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    They can't get enough helpers to begin with... how do you suggest they get staff/others for this?
    What I'm implying is that it would be a community rank, and there wouldn't be too many requirements for it, only basic knowledge about how things work and how Havoc operates in regards to how things work. There's a lot of Candidates, and it might not just be normal players, I would suggest builders as a good example, as they usually have experience with updates, with what works, what doesn't and simply are more aware in regards to how Havoc operates. They also are apart of the content team, meaning they could in theory give any ideas over to the higher ups while on the build server, which are devs, and the head builder. Recruitment would be optional, and would require knowledge of plugins, and how code works, and whether or not it's possible, I think a good candidate would be @ArmenTheHeli, as he not only knows his stuff, but has been very active on the forums since he joined, having the highest amount of messages sent, I also would be a good candidate, as I tend to give detailed replies as to whether or not Havoc could make it possible, and also critique suggestions here and there. And in my opinion, with our current community, and size we don't need anymore helpers, and it's ridiculous to say that we can't get enough, because there's players scattered across the network willing to become a helper. But as I said, our size doesn't need any more helpers, or mods than what we have now- just my opinion though. But, once the network begins to grow, more helpers will be needed, and I expect the older players to fulfill that role.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    What I'm implying is that it would be a community rank, and there wouldn't be too many requirements for it, only basic knowledge about how things work and how Havoc operates in regards to how things work. There's a lot of Candidates, and it might not just be normal players, I would suggest builders as a good example, as they usually have experience with updates, with what works, what doesn't and simply are more aware in regards to how Havoc operates. They also are apart of the content team, meaning they could in theory give any ideas over to the higher ups while on the build server, which are devs, and the head builder. Recruitment would be optional, and would require knowledge of plugins, and how code works, and whether or not it's possible, I think a good candidate would be @ArmenTheHeli, as he not only knows his stuff, but has been very active on the forums since he joined, having the highest amount of messages sent, I also would be a good candidate, as I tend to give detailed replies as to whether or not Havoc could make it possible, and also critique suggestions here and there. And in my opinion, with our current community, and size we don't need anymore helpers, and it's ridiculous to say that we can't get enough, because there's players scattered across the network willing to become a helper. But as I said, our size doesn't need any more helpers, or mods than what we have now- just my opinion though. But, once the network begins to grow, more helpers will be needed, and I expect the older players to fulfill that role.
    You just don't get it...