• IP Copied!
  • Suggestions for Staff Improvement

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    UnknownMelody UnknownMelody
    Hello everyone,
    Recently there have been many threads regarding staff team improvement or highlighting the flaws in our team. I would like to create a thread to collectively collaborate any suggestions the players have for improving the staff team or adjusting it to how you would like it. If you would like to participate, please post any suggestions, ideas or concerns you may have below. Note that all responses must be respectful of all staff members. If you are disrespectful in your post, it will simply be ignored and I will continue on to read other suggestions. So if you want to be acknowledged, you will need to be respectful rather than call out specific team members. I would also like to state that if you have any problems with individual staff members, please message me privately with evidence rather than posting it here. I'm trying to create a positive and helpful thread to improve the staff team, and any negative responses may cause arguments or other problems that may lead to the closure of this thread.

I'll post some other topics that you might like to post your opinion on and create suggestions for below. These are not the only topics you may touch on, but they could be included in your response. I strongly suggest sending this post to anyone who you think may have some valuable opinions or suggestions to help improve the staff team. We will take all responses into account, discuss what solutions are viable, then incorporate those viable solutions into how our staff team works. c:

• The rules: Any feedback, concerns and misconceptions regarding them.
    • Staff activity: Where you want more of it and other concerns.
    • Staff attitude: Friendly and approachable?
    • Staff acceptance: Do we have an effective acceptance program? Do you have any suggestions?
    • Staff support: Support ticket opinions and suggestions.
    • Staff-player community: How could this be improved?
    • Any other big drama issues on the server regarding staff.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    • Rules need to be more clear.
    • I think verbal warnings should be given on first offense because that way you don't have players getting muted / banned as often which lowers population especially if it is one of the main players of the server.
    • Things need to be done quicker, for example the prison gate exploit was there for so long before it was finally fixed.. it's such a simple fix and took far too long to be done.
    This isn't really towards staff in a way but more towards the server, TMD and HN need to be focused on more than anything, these are the most popular gamemodes and are the core to the server.. Instead of making all these new things like Mine Wars and Banner Wars how about improve the main things that most of the server plays and likes. Honestly TMD and TMDO should all be the same and we shouldnt have to split up the community.. it causes TMDO and TMD-1 to die at night and have little to no action at very late times. If you just made it all like the OLD days it would be perfect, where there was just TMD-1 - TMD-7.

I know the update is coming very very soon but we are all not sure of what is actually updating besides the map.. is there going to be changes to the gun damages on jugg or anything like that because as of right now NO ONE in full jugg with over 8cps wil die to a barret as long as they're paining... which is outrageous. We want knockback on the barrets like 1.8 update... it was the best pvp at that time and also had the best sounds.. the barret sound was so smooth and we all loved it.

This is just me ranting and saying things I wish would come back and that I think should come back, I could go on all day but it's not worth it if no one listens.

- Jahango

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Just a quick thing so that people cannot say they are abusing there power: Quote or State what rule they are breaking when punishing a player if possible, I recently joined a server that made you read the rules and made you take a quiz after to play, Could we implement that for new players, in-fact even old ones.

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I 100 percent agree, When I was on the server a month ago before my ban it got really boring and you could only really play for a hour in the afternoon for its peak time, I bet its a-lot worse now. Please just merge them. Also I could not care about the pains, If they go back to old TMD pains, Just make them more expensive, The most logical and realistic pain mechanics should be you can take them as quick as you want, but when you spam them you "overdose" and get weakness for a 60 second period.

Also if merged or not, Have 2 TMD servers. TMD-1 and TMD-2, One PvP and the other PvE, There is no need for 7 servers and it breaks up the community again. Plus Mods and Helpers wont have to be so spread out and can focus on more things, notice how Map Maker is a great community and that's not because its just good people, its because helpers only have to join one server and people build up bonds and interact.

Havoc Mc's main priority after banner wars should be a action plan to bring in more people and also to get a better community, Get a free Camo or Vip crate when you have proof you brought 3 active people onto the server?

I am going to say it and I am going to hate myself because it cringe.

#MakeHavocMcGreatAgain

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    And sorry to bring another thing up as this is "staff improvement" But have weekly forum updates, I would personally write them as when I need to I have great grammar and have a good vocabulary. This also creates a sense of a community, just look at the Minecraft forums.

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    The suggestions regarding staff will be taken into account. As for everything else, that is not really within my power and most of those ideas have been suggested before. It's up to the Owners on whether they decide to merge servers or buff/nerf items. While we appreciate your suggestions, the purpose of this thread is to come up with ideas to improve the staff section of the server. If you have any further suggestions regarding staff, I'd love to hear them. Thank you. c:

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    • I think verbal warnings should be given on first offense because that way you don't have players getting muted / banned as often which lowers population especially if it is one of the main players of the server.
    • Things need to be done quicker, for example the prison gate exploit was there for so long before it was finally fixed.. it's such a simple fix and took far too long to be done.
    This isn't really towards staff in a way but more towards the server, TMD and HN need to be focused on more than anything, these are the most popular gamemodes and are the core to the server.. Instead of making all these new things like Mine Wars and Banner Wars how about improve the main things that most of the server plays and likes. Honestly TMD and TMDO should all be the same and we shouldnt have to split up the community.. it causes TMDO and TMD-1 to die at night and have little to no action at very late times. If you just made it all like the OLD days it would be perfect, where there was just TMD-1 - TMD-7.

I know the update is coming very very soon but we are all not sure of what is actually updating besides the map.. is there going to be changes to the gun damages on jugg or anything like that because as of right now NO ONE in full jugg with over 8cps wil die to a barret as long as they're paining... which is outrageous. We want knockback on the barrets like 1.8 update... it was the best pvp at that time and also had the best sounds.. the barret sound was so smooth and we all loved it.

This is just me ranting and saying things I wish would come back and that I think should come back, I could go on all day but it's not worth it if no one listens.

- Jahango
    - We have had issues with rule clarity. I think this stems from Jacob and I not clarifying rules, and them being slightly changed over time by being repeated. We cleared up the minimap rule, are there any more mods or rules in questions.
    - I have mixed feelings on this - just because people break rules, doesn't mean we should make it a lesser punishment. They should follow the rules.
    - There's no excuses for that, it should have been fixed way quicker.

The new update will have TMD and TMDO combined back into 1 TMD. Our plan is to have four 120-150 slot servers, two pvp and two pve. All your vaults on TMDOP to be accessible so you can take items out. I do agree that more TMD updates need to be made, but I still think we can make new games.

Jugg will be slightly weaker in the update. We can make further changes afterwards, if needed.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    - We have had issues with rule clarity. I think this stems from Jacob and I not clarifying rules, and them being slightly changed over time by being repeated. We cleared up the minimap rule, are there any more mods or rules in questions.
    - I have mixed feelings on this - just because people break rules, doesn't mean we should make it a lesser punishment. They should follow the rules.
    - There's no excuses for that, it should have been fixed way quicker.

The new update will have TMD and TMDO combined back into 1 TMD. Our plan is to have four 120-150 slot servers, two pvp and two pve. All your vaults on TMDOP to be accessible so you can take items out. I do agree that more TMD updates need to be made, but I still think we can make new games.

Jugg will be slightly weaker in the update. We can make further changes afterwards, if needed.
    Sounds great!

Vinkje03

Champion
    Vinkje03
    Vinkje03 Vinkje03

- Jahango
    You can still get true the prison gate lol just stand on top of the blocks and break glass.....

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Rant mode: Activated

Hello all! This thread existing is a sign that things have gotten better :D

I think more staff should be on the discord chat. I know there was one helper on the voice chat ( @Inspirementt ) and it was enjoyable. I dont want to hear excuses of "We don't use discord as much as the other platforms". If you didn't want to use discord, you shouldn't have made a server for it...

Also, we need more Mine Wars moderation. I know it isn't as populated, but there should still be moderation. The other servers have great moderation :)

Dispose of helper staff rank. This one will get me hated on, but hear me out. Helper ranks can only moderate chat, and cannot deal with hackers or suspected glitch abusers. Sure, they can report it to higher staff, but any player can report a hacker to higher staff (in-game, on discord/other engines, or through a support ticket). Instead of having a helper rank as a trial, perhaps we could divide part of the staff into chat moderators? Im not saying we should force people to moderate chat, but having a separate group solely for chat moderation would be great. That way, non-chat staff only need to focus on players, and dont need to warn someone every 5 seconds. If there is no chat moderator on, other staff can mark the players comment for review or something. The current trial staff (Helper) should have more abilities (such as kicking players). If the trial staff abuse the kick ability, they can always get a demotion (kicking is not the same as banning, and can be undone easily). Helpers can also continue to moderate chat, but perhaps they can choose to become a chat moderator instead of a jr mod? Perhaps jr chat monitor? This new rank would include the ability to temp mute, along with the ability to issue warnings (which would still be an ability for helpers to use). Sr Chat moderator would be able to perm-mute, and Sr chat mods and normal mods would both level up to "Admin" (we don't need an entire separate branch of staff, and i think admins would have been playing Havoc long enough to know how to handle things).

Also, staff should be required to provide evidence if a player asks why they were banned. I know PeachDaBoss said this in a thread thats over 6 months old, but staff are "required to show proof". I don't know if that changed, but it seems players could be banned on pure suspicion. I think having to provide evidence would eliminate some false bans, and remove some support tickets from the staff's list.

Ill make another post if I have more, but I would like to make a website suggestion. I cant help but notice that the rules are no longer accessible from the little bar under the Havoc logo. I think it would be good if it was added back for easy reference. Also, can we have automated messages on all of the servers that tell players about the Havoc website? Newer players may not know about the site, so telling them about it would greatly benefit them. Maybe the message appears every 5 or so minutes?

Um yeah, thats about it. Im glad staff are looking to get better, and hopefully this thread doesn't die like majority of the other threads here :p

Hit me up on discord <3 https://discord.gg/Y6VwGzD for my server, or right clock my profile for direct messages. Note for the server: Respect the rules of my server. Post things in the proper channel, (anything havoc would go in the havoc channel, spamming is a big no-no, and any "smart" plebeians caught screaming in voice chat without having a server rank lose their arms and will be muted for a day. No weebs allowed. That is all <3

Last edited:

UnknownMelody

Mythical
    UnknownMelody
    Thank you for the responses. When we get a fair amount, I will bring them up in Sr. Mod+ chat and we'll discuss some viable options incorporate some of the ideas stated here. Keep the responses coming. c:

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    Some love shown towards havoc horizon in terms of staff man power would be much appreciated. i have had a couple of times where i used /staff and no staff showed up at all. I was on for 12 hrs not 1 staff showed up except for one that came on to build up his island.( 5 Hours After my /staff request).

Also better rule clarification should be put in place.

As Quoted from https://havocmc.net/rules/ :

'Racism, harassment, provocative communication, or other forms of hate speech.

First Offence
    »Warn
    Second Offence
    »1 Hour Mute
    Third Offence'
    »Multi Month Mute

This includes discrimination against other players’ race, religion, or groups of people in general.'

and in the next set of rules

'Inappropriate Chat First Offence
    »30 Minute Mute
    Second Offence
    »7 Day Mute
    Third Offence
    »Multi Month Mute

'This includes any ******** explicit language in chat.'

So for this you can draw the line between these 2 rules at somewhere between provocative and ***ualized chats. I was given a 30min mute immediately for the use of the word "condom" with the background info of it being a joke between 2 people where no vulgarities, suggestive or ***ualized talk were used. Which to me i would say a warning or a verbal warning would have sufficed instead of an instant mute.

So maybe a more detailed explanation of what would constitute as inappropriate chat should be clarified.

Also for harassment its a huge umbrella term and can be used easily under a lot of circumstances so maybe it should be defined better eg verbal harassment or physical harassment. Because as far as i have seen on HH harassment has no punishment ,physical and verbal. A Helper was on while people were getting harassed and he did nothing to help the situation expect asked the guy to stop harassing which the offender promptly refused to comply and the helper did nothing else to remedy the situation and soon after left the server.

I am not saying this to specify one bad helper or staff this is purely to give feedback on the staff performance as i have seen while on the server and help the server prevent this type of things from happening in the future. I hold no grudges towards any staff for any punishments i have received and leave it to their own discretion to ban/kick/mute as long as it is within the rules and does not seem unreasonable to the average player.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Some love shown towards havoc horizon in terms of staff man power would be much appreciated. i have had a couple of times where i used /staff and no staff showed up at all. I was on for 12 hrs not 1 staff showed up except for one that came on to build up his island.( 5 Hours After my /staff request).

Also better rule clarification should be put in place.

As Quoted from https://havocmc.net/rules/ :

'Racism, harassment, provocative communication, or other forms of hate speech.

First Offence
    »Warn
    Second Offence
    »1 Hour Mute
    Third Offence'
    »Multi Month Mute

This includes discrimination against other players’ race, religion, or groups of people in general.'

and in the next set of rules

'Inappropriate Chat First Offence
    »30 Minute Mute
    Second Offence
    »7 Day Mute
    Third Offence
    »Multi Month Mute

'This includes any ******** explicit language in chat.'

So for this you can draw the line between these 2 rules at somewhere between provocative and ***ualized chats. I was given a 30min mute immediately for the use of the word "condom" with the background info of it being a joke between 2 people where no vulgarities, suggestive or ***ualized talk were used. Which to me i would say a warning or a verbal warning would have sufficed instead of an instant mute.

So maybe a more detailed explanation of what would constitute as inappropriate chat should be clarified.

Also for harassment its a huge umbrella term and can be used easily under a lot of circumstances so maybe it should be defined better eg verbal harassment or physical harassment. Because as far as i have seen on HH harassment has no punishment ,physical and verbal. A Helper was on while people were getting harassed and he did nothing to help the situation expect asked the guy to stop harassing which the offender promptly refused to comply and the helper did nothing else to remedy the situation and soon after left the server.

I am not saying this to specify one bad helper or staff this is purely to give feedback on the staff performance as i have seen while on the server and help the server prevent this type of things from happening in the future. I hold no grudges towards any staff for any punishments i have received and leave it to their own discretion to ban/kick/mute as long as it is within the rules and does not seem unreasonable to the average player.
    Helpers cant do much other than say "stop". This is why we need more helper abilities :p

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    Ah. So if they can do those jobs, why don't they? Lol :p
    I think that when offending player is in a grey area/area not strictly defined by the rules they are hesitant to take action due to possible backlash from higher staff and risk losing their status as staff. but this is just my opinion I could be wrong.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    I'm pretty sure they can warn and temp-mute, but don't take my word for it >.<
    honestly speaking from what I have seen I have never seen any helper give any warning or punishment (excluding spam advertising) the best they did was do a verbal warning. However I see Jr Mods+ giving warnings and mutes frequently when these cases arise. this supports my first theory
    I think that when offending player is in a grey area/area not strictly defined by the rules they are hesitant to take action due to possible backlash from higher staff and risk losing their status as staff. but this is just my opinion I could be wrong.