• IP Copied!
  • The Great EULA Debate

DeleteThisAcc

Mythical
    DeleteThisAcc
    DeleteThisAcc DeleteThisAcc
    Been seeing lots of posts from people saying things such as the server will be shut down by mojang or the eula compliant ranks could have worked had more effort be put into them and just wanted to give my two cents after speaking to the owners nearly everyday for the past week and hearing their side. I personally don't think mojang will be able to take the server down given the measures the owners have put into place and as Jacob said many servers already use these same methods to avoid the affects of the blacklist. If mojang ever did patch the method they are using it's not as if there aren't others. As for the eula compliant ranks you have to understand that it's not easy to work on a new gametype while having a limited time to figure out how to add more cosmetics for TMD where the majority of players don't care about them. It's true they probably could have added more perks but seeing as they're down an owner who no longer works on the server and have developers that don't respond to them in a reasonable amount of time I can understand the frustration they felt when more people were spending money using the old shop links for crates than the new ranks. I can assure you that they did plan on adding more perks to those ranks down the road but at the current rate it was heading they wouldn't of been able to pay server costs before it got to that time. I think the last straw for them was after the eula update mojang contacted them telling them to remove command cooldowns from the eula compliant ranks as well as adding a way in-game to get the old ranks which was a totally unfair demand in my opinion. Even with more cosmetics added I personally don't know what could make the eula compliant ranks desirable. I hope I could give you guys some insight on how and why the owners came to the decision they did.

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    If they have developers who do not communicate well, why don't they replace them with better developers? That is something they can change. I remember when I was staff, and most likely when you were still staff they said there was a "plan" for EULA back then. That was over a year ago. What changed?

DeleteThisAcc

Mythical
    DeleteThisAcc
    DeleteThisAcc DeleteThisAcc
    If they have developers who do not communicate well, why don't they replace them with better developers? That is something they can change. I remember when I was staff, and most likely when you were still staff they said there was a "plan" for EULA back then. That was over a year ago. What changed?
    I don't remember them mentioning a plan but it was a long time ago, I wouldn't think they'd have given much thought to it until they were contacted. Any conversations they had before that were probably just ideas of what they could add that could be eula compliant or ways to bypass the eula if they ever had to. I agree with your statement about the developer and they mentioned wanting to get rid of him but I'd assume it's difficult to find quality developers.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    I know for a fact that better devs are easy to get I have a friend who plays havoc whos setting up his own star wars server with me and some others as builders. If anybody cares about this I can give there name to staff and only staff cause im worried about it being called ads and that stuff.
    Setting up a server and being a dev arent nessecarily the same thing. I have my own in-progress server where I do all the work, code and textures included. This would make me a developer. If all I was doing was running a server and having people build on it without doing coding or modeling, I would not be considered a developer in the same ways havoc developers are

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    I saw a reply from a builder and it’s gone now, but there wasn’t any advertisement in any of their responses. On the other hand, thank you for your side and perspective view Mr. Game designer

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    I saw a reply from a builder and it’s gone now, but there wasn’t any advertisement in any of their responses. On the other hand, thank you for your side and perspective view Mr. Game designer
    They tried to steal builders from HavocMC.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Can someone who knows da wae please dm me how to bypass EULA because I need full time hosting for my private server but I dont have spare change to donate. In the mean time Im gonna go look up a youtube tutorial because theres one of those for everything nowadays

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    Can someone who knows da wae please dm me how to bypass EULA because I need full time hosting for my private server but I dont have spare change to donate. In the mean time Im gonna go look up a youtube tutorial because theres one of those for everything nowadays
    Just do it until they talk to you.

Runkelpokk