• IP Copied!
  • The Mining Dead Bases/Map Update

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Bases

After years of requests, we've finally added bases! Bases are areas in the map that you can claim using money and resources. They provide item storage, farmland, and even item generation through each bases' armory and gunsmith. You can upgrade your bases as well to improve productivity. Bases can be raided on PVP servers but not PVE servers. Bases are heavily inspired by Rust and other factions type servers - they should add some nice variety in game play.

I already outlined everything you need to know about bases in a guide here. It goes over everything from resource gathering and land claiming to item generation and raiding techniques, so make sure to read it if you haven't.

When claiming land for a base, you are given the choice between different base options. These options are purely cosmetic - all 7 are listed below with screenshots. Note that each of the five structures (walls, storage, farm, armory, weaponsmith) have 5 tiers, so each schematic technically has over 3000 combinations of appearance. For the screenshots below I've randomly upgraded different structures to give a general idea of what things will look like.

Retail Shops
    450ab17c8fbe8c7bfc41675f82d21b67.png

Abandoned Outpost
    90a3896c009caccb804a8994b6c94761.png

Parking Lot
    f5d6c41bd41ec45f186fc895bf5ed8c7.png

Sports Village
    bbfd6bed69a0dd8bc79e0e4869e79906.png

Overgrown Town
    9843a479064501235e150815a54894f0.png

Bandit Camp
    f9dd38b0137a1178908f572bad31b5c9.png

Military Camp

3232be1bb6b083e5046c92c0450699bf.png

Upgrading bases also comes with a really satisfying effect. (big thanks to Nuno for that and all the code behind base update overall!)

This update will have a big effect on gameplay and we did our best to balance everything, but it may not be perfect. Expect a lot of updates the first week or so as we tinker with things and fix bugs to make the implementation as good as possible.

Map Update
    Along with the Base Update, there's also been a lot of big map changes.

A snowy region has been added in the top left area of the map, along with a variety of islands in the bottom right hand corner. Atlanta has also undergone some changes - a school has been added and the Mall of the Dead is back. A swamp region has also been added nearby. Some images are below, but a full album can be seen here.

Xejvv48.jpg

48kdVU3.jpg

uMYCkOX.png

ONrELSP.jpg

8bCnQrT.jpg

E1IVPFA.jpg

The online map has been updated and can be accessed here - big thanks to the Build Team for their amazing work!

With this big update out of the way, we'll get back to making some smaller gameplay and quality of life changes, as well as bug fixes over the next couple weeks. Expect a vehicle update at some point.

Steamliam

the bandits are too hard and you should nerf the bandits that they don't have guns and I think they should have melee to make more sense

Foxorange

VIP
    Foxorange
    Foxorange Foxorange
    the bandits are too hard and you should nerf the bandits that they don't have guns and I think they should have melee to make more sense
    Well there's a "melee version" of bandits called "The Wolves"

And ya nerf bandits should be a good idea,
    they deal some good damages even with full riots

Steamliam

and they should lower the spawn frequency and I got attacked once then after the first attack I got attack again and it killed me

DerKaempfer_HD

Sr Builder
    DerKaempfer_HD
    DerKaempfer_HD DerKaempfer_HD
    and they should lower the spawn frequency and I got attacked once then after the first attack I got attack again and it killed me

They mostly roam the fields where there is nothing, spawn when you are in that area for a longer time only too, they also have the weakest weapons already, wielding t1 exclusively.
    I'm sorry to say but you might be just very bad at countering them, since they don't even survive a mini14 headshot (t3). They also can easily be taken out with a sniper and stronger pistol.
    Don't try to attack them at close range since some might weild a shotgun.

Try not to go to harts, alexandria and the farm area without any better gear and weapons aswell as healing, food and mobility in form of cars or motorcycles.

Edit: they are already at their weakest since they were nerfed multiple times!

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    They mostly roam the fields where there is nothing, spawn when you are in that area for a longer time only too, they also have the weakest weapons already, wielding t1 exclusively.
    I'm sorry to say but you might be just very bad at countering them, since they don't even survive a mini14 headshot (t3). They also can easily be taken out with a sniper and stronger pistol.
    Don't try to attack them at close range since some might weild a shotgun.

Try not to go to harts, alexandria and the farm area without any better gear and weapons aswell as healing, food and mobility in form of cars or motorcycles.

Edit: they are already at their weakest since they were nerfed multiple times!
    Uhm.. guys, we're necroposting.
    And yes bandits have been nerfed a couple times. You'll blow through all your bandages if you come across them, but find where they are and get to cover. Then you can take them out pretty easily, so long as you're careful. That's why you've got to work your way up to higher tier loot in more dangerous zones.

XxHunterxX339

Mythical
    XxHunterxX339
    XxHunterxX339 XxHunterxX339
    Bases

After years of requests, we've finally added bases! Bases are areas in the map that you can claim using money and resources. They provide item storage, farmland, and even item generation through each bases' armory and gunsmith. You can upgrade your bases as well to improve productivity. Bases can be raided on PVP servers but not PVE servers. Bases are heavily inspired by Rust and other factions type servers - they should add some nice variety in game play.

I already outlined everything you need to know about bases in a guide here. It goes over everything from resource gathering and land claiming to item generation and raiding techniques, so make sure to read it if you haven't.

When claiming land for a base, you are given the choice between different base options. These options are purely cosmetic - all 7 are listed below with screenshots. Note that each of the five structures (walls, storage, farm, armory, weaponsmith) have 5 tiers, so each schematic technically has over 3000 combinations of appearance. For the screenshots below I've randomly upgraded different structures to give a general idea of what things will look like.

Retail Shops
    450ab17c8fbe8c7bfc41675f82d21b67.png

Abandoned Outpost
    90a3896c009caccb804a8994b6c94761.png

Parking Lot
    f5d6c41bd41ec45f186fc895bf5ed8c7.png

Sports Village
    bbfd6bed69a0dd8bc79e0e4869e79906.png

Overgrown Town
    9843a479064501235e150815a54894f0.png

Bandit Camp
    f9dd38b0137a1178908f572bad31b5c9.png

Military Camp

3232be1bb6b083e5046c92c0450699bf.png

Upgrading bases also comes with a really satisfying effect. (big thanks to Nuno for that and all the code behind base update overall!)

This update will have a big effect on gameplay and we did our best to balance everything, but it may not be perfect. Expect a lot of updates the first week or so as we tinker with things and fix bugs to make the implementation as good as possible.

Map Update
    Along with the Base Update, there's also been a lot of big map changes.

A snowy region has been added in the top left area of the map, along with a variety of islands in the bottom right hand corner. Atlanta has also undergone some changes - a school has been added and the Mall of the Dead is back. A swamp region has also been added nearby. Some images are below, but a full album can be seen here.

Xejvv48.jpg

48kdVU3.jpg

uMYCkOX.png

ONrELSP.jpg

8bCnQrT.jpg

E1IVPFA.jpg

The online map has been updated and can be accessed here - big thanks to the Build Team for their amazing work!

With this big update out of the way, we'll get back to making some smaller gameplay and quality of life changes, as well as bug fixes over the next couple weeks. Expect a vehicle update at some point.
    I must say this is the most best detailed server to catch my eye, great job and keep up the good work