• IP Copied!
  • The Mining Dead Major Update + Contest News!

IgnitingIce

Owner
    IgnitingIce
    IgnitingIce IgnitingIce
    As most of you have noticed by now, the Mining Dead gamemode has been updated! We've been working out some bugs the last few days and will continue to do so, but I think it's finally time to make a list of what all has changed.
    New Map
    First and foremost, the entire map has been re-made. This map has been in the works for the past 7 months. It still has much work being done on it, however a larger, bug-fixed version of the map may not be out for about 1 more month (building takes time, sorry!).
    a950b60b3cbf0e04765416b4c2533055.jpg
    Along with this new map came a new resource pack changing many of the block textures for added detail in the map. If you haven't yet downloaded the new pack, it should be working when you do /resource in game, however if this doesn't work, or you'd like a downloaded version anyways, you may download it here.
    Lastly, the online version of this map can be found at havocmaps.net/map/tmd.

New Loot
    Loot is now found in different forms of loot bags scattered around the map (seen below).
    dda7c0dbba8a28bf03bee598a31fbca6.png
    These loot bags will have different categories of loot based on the type of bag, and depending on what area of the map the bag is in, it will have better or worse loot of that type. To loot these bags all you have to do is right click them.

Gameplay Tweaks
    We've made some modifications to how our classic TMD gamemode functions. Some of these changes include adding a cooldown on using painkillers, and a daily limit on spending unlimited money ($100,000). After you run over your daily limit, your real balance will be used to but items from the shop. You will be notified in chat when you are spending your real balance.

Achievements
    Some of you may have noticed it being announced in the chat that someone has completed an achievement. We have added quite a few achievements that give skulls as a reward (skulls can be used to buy crates in TMD and kits in Hell Night). You may view these achievements by typing /help in game, and clicking the exp bottle titled "Achievements" in the top left. The more impressive achievements are the ones that get announced to everyone's chat. Some bugs are still being worked out with completing certain achievements.

OP TMD Server
    We're currently playing with the idea of having an OP (Over-Powered) mining dead server, in which many mechanics would be different from the new TMDs. You can get to this server by typing /server TMDO-1 in game. Currently the differences are as follows: *This is subject to change*
    - Spam-able pain killers
    - No cap on Infinite Money
    - Separate vaults + balance
    - Better kits
    - No cooldown on going to a safezone from spawn
    - 10% better Juggernaut armor
    - Increased chances for better gear in crates
    Please keep in mind, that this server is very much so in beta, and will have issues, and has not has all the features we plan to give it added yet.

In other non-update related news:

Holiday Contest
    Our Holiday Contest has come to an end and with so many great submissions, narrowing it down to our top ten favorites was close to impossible. However, some maps did stand out above the rest. Without further ado, here are the winners.

1st Place: Frozen_Castle by kaeg_le_piegeur
    2nd Place: ChristmasByZero by Zero_105
    3rd Place: LivingggTown by Livinggg
    4th Place: mon_death-star by MonFierre
    5th Place: ChristmasBaked by BakedAlaska2988
    6th Place: FlambyPower by sven_svenou
    7th Place: WinterContest by Sharp717
    8th Place: ARebelChristmas by Mr_Rebelz_59
    9th Place: darisholiday by daniel_dari
    10th Place: Linkmas by LinkOFeare

Thank you to everyone who participated, and be sure to check out all the winning maps with /map (mapname) on the Map Maker server (/server mm-1).

Conquest Map Contest
    We have decided to extend the Conquest Map Contest two days until Friday to ensure that everyone will have time to finish their maps. Submissions will be open until the maps are rated Saturday, so be sure to submit your maps with /submit.

We've come to the end of this news post, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you who are a part of our amazing HavocMC community. We truly appreciate every one of you and strive to make our server as enjoyable for you as possible. Hopefully you'll appreciate the work that went into this update. Be sure to leave your feedback below! Until next time,
    - HavocMC Owners

Last edited:

MilkTeaser

Titan
    MilkTeaser
    MilkTeaser MilkTeaser
    I like the idea of a TMD- OP server, it brings back the pvp that we have missed the past weeks.

MonFierre

Titan
    MonFierre
    MonFierre MonFierre
    @Kanyay same my actual death star aint really done yet... alot of holes to fill
    (/map deathstarbymon for the actual deathstar ps: mon_death-star is for the holiday contest)

MonFierre

Titan
    MonFierre
    MonFierre MonFierre
    @Kanyay same my actual death star aint really done yet... alot of holes to fill
    (/map deathstarbymon for the actual deathstar ps: mon_death-star is for the holiday contest)

_Penn

I dislike the new looting system, I miss the chests and I wish they would be brought back, if not in the main TMD at least in OPTMD

_Penn

I dislike the new looting system, I miss the chests and I wish they would be brought back, if not in the main TMD at least in OPTMD

Beetley

Famous
    Beetley
    Beetley Beetley
    Congratulations to the winners of the contest, I'll check out your maps later, I'm sure they're fantastic!

The new map is amazing, and I'd like to say another big thank you to the builders and other staff who spent hours working on the map, and giving us an awesome new place to play. I've explored little, but I cannot wait to explore even more! Thanks, again.

I much prefer the new loot system, it's a lot more realistic to take items out of bags than it is to grab it out of a giant crate placed in the middle of nowhere.

I just want to mention, bags will not despawn and then respawn until they are completely empty.

I also like the idea of painkiller cooldowns, and a cap on infinite money. Much more realistic. In real life you cannot get shot and then heal in 3.2 seconds. You also can't walk up to someone and then walk away with three million cans of soup.

I'm rather angry at you over the achievements. -.-
    "Kill a Helper"
    Thanks.

Kidding! The new achievements are fun, but some are rather hard to get.

Personally, I dislike the idea of OP TMD, however, I like that you are trying to make this server enjoyable for all of it's players.

We've reached the end of this reply, and the final thing I'd like to say is: a big thank you to the owners and the builders for putting this update in place.

how do i get tires, i havent found an, yet ive found about 10 engines -_- "realism"
    Tyres are out there. Perhaps you're not looking in the right areas, or you're an engine magnet.

I h8 spammable paims
    Clearly you've never been shot, hit, fallen, or taken damage altogether. Or ever been to a war
    Clearly youve never been reked by a full jugg that can heal from a .50 cal shot in the matter of seconds.
    I am the full jugg c;
    Please don't fight. Save the wars for in game.

As I stated above, the new loot system is much more realistic. In real life, are you more likely to find stuff in bags, or in a giant crate?

theatomiclamp

theatomiclamp
    theatomiclamp theatomiclamp
    I like the new update! The new map is really cool and the new loot looks nice. Also, congrats to the winners of the contest. Great job on the update!