PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Contents
    0. Intro/preface
    1. Combat
    2. Frostburn
    3. Exploration
    4. World of Color
    5. Even more possibilities

Havoc is a server based off on the Minecraft version 1.8. Updates bring servers better numbers in players. More content and players means more income for the server and general enjoyment for the members. But here's the catch.
    Havoc's 1.8 TMD resource pack has used up about 93% of all 1.8 minecraft content models. That means the only thing that could change within the games mechanics are possible patches for bugs and tweaks within the game mechanics. We've used about 400 of minecraft 1.8's 430 items, blocks, mobs and tools. In the grand scheme of things, 30 items left isn't that many updates. Some small items or mobs but nothing else.
    Think about this community's ingenuity. Its fantastic ideas and suggestions. What they have to say. What they want to see ingame. New weapons, gear, so much stuff!
    My previous idea thread alone would meet that 430 item limit in the games current files.
    The bases update is coming (or so I've heard). Assuming the server would use new items for all the update content, that could be anywhere from 1 to 10 items, at least.

So if you want a future for the server and new possible content, listen up.

1. The Combat Update
    1.9 was the combat-revamp update for Minecraft, released on February 29th, 2016. It added several new items, including:
    16 arrow variants
    Chorus flowers
    Chorus fruit
    Popped chorus fruit
    Purpur blocks, stairs, slabs and pillars (4)
    Frosted ice
    End stone bricks
    Grass paths
    End rods
    Beetroot and beetroot soup (2)
    Elytra
    Shields
    Dragons breath
    Lingering potions (17 or 16, correct me if need be)
    Shulker shells

40 new items. And that's just the beginning.

2. Frostburn
    Released on June 8, 2016, the Frostburn update added the following items:
    Nether wart blocks
    Red nether brick
    Magma blocks
    Bone blocks
    Polar bears (and spawn egg)
    Strays (and egg)
    Husks (and egg) (ae)

A much smaller update, but still with an additional 10 additions to the game. We're at 80 items worth of new content if we upgraded this far. But wait, theres more.

3. The Exploration Update
    November 14th, 2016. A new update has arrived. The exploration update.
    Evokes(ae)
    Llamas(ae)
    Vex(ae)
    Vindicator(ae)
    Zombie villager egg
    Observers
    Shulker box and shell (2)
    Totem of undying
    Iron nuggets
    14 items, including mobs and spawn eggs.
    94 items worth of new content.

4. The world of color update
    Its june 7, 2017. The newest update just came out. And it's a big one.
    16 variants of concrete and concrete powder (32!)
    16 glazed terracotta
    Illusioner
    Parrot (ae)
    51 new items. In this update alone, it beat 1.9 and 10 combined!

94 and 51 for a total of 145 new items, blocks and mobs. Imagine what we could do with that.

And that's just updating to 1.12. Imagine 1.13, 14, 15 and even 16 when it arrives!

If every update had an average of 10 items added to the new repitoir, instead of 3 updates, we could have 14. And when the days come, possibly more than thirty.

"I'm not saying its gonna be easy. Fact is, its gonna be a hell of a lot harder than standing out here, shooting at each other." Rick Grimes said that. The man that the entire TWD universe revolves around. And think about this quote. Owners, builders and staff, apply this quote to your server. It wouldn't be easy. It would be harder than shooting down each others ideas, and working at the game. But if havoc is going to continue to survive.... something has to be done.

Think about Star Wars Battlefront I, 2015. Many people no longer played after it stopped recieving updates. There are a few, such as me who would continue to play (I do still play BF2015 infact). It stopped recieving updates.
    The playerbase fell.
    It kept falling.
    And it still does.
    And it will continue to.

Star wars is a bigger franchise than TWD or HavocMC. Without those future updates and real, new content rather than buffs or nerfs or patches or bug fixes, that playerbase will fall.
    Point is, to keep a game going, you need new content.

Why has Minecraft in itself survived so long? Its replayability is one thing and it's amazing mods but the new content is really what keeps people in. That's how many games survive.
    New content. Bottomline, without it, your numbers drop.

You dont have to update to 1.12.

"But I dont think we have a choice."

HavocMC is an amazing server that many have worked hard to keep alive and out of ruin. Dont let it slip away. Make it work. New updates, new versions. It's the only way. Beyond 1.8 is the only way.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    In 1.9 you can make up to 2300 items if you use tool durability a 1.12 update would be awsome
    I didn't know that, but wow. I just scratched the surface with what I said. Apply that across all the other updates, assuming it's the same deal, that'd be somewhere around 9100-9300 new items.
    Imagine what you could do with that. We've used the majority of the current models. Just think about what you could do with 2300 models and items by updating 1 version!

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    Yeah not sure why server still supports 1.8. I remember when 1.8 and the server wasn't laggy, and am convinced that trying to support 2 drastically different ages of minecraft (1.8 and 1.9+) is probably one of the leading causes of the massive server lag. Not to mention certain features aren't comparable for all versions. You can only break barricades in 1.8, which is one example. Another is that the current sneak mechanics of minecraft make your hitbox smaller, but that doesn't work for 1.8 players who still see the old sneaking hitbox size. This leads to disadvantages on both sides, for 1.8 players they can't enter certain areas because of sneak hitbox being to tall, and for more modern players sneaking will not help to conceal their hitbox from older players( since hitbox doesnt resize as much for older versions).

Runkelpokk

Yeah not sure why server still supports 1.8. I remember when 1.8 and the server wasn't laggy, and am convinced that trying to support 2 drastically different ages of minecraft (1.8 and 1.9+) is probably one of the leading causes of the massive server lag. Not to mention certain features aren't comparable for all versions. You can only break barricades in 1.8, which is one example. Another is that the current sneak mechanics of minecraft make your hitbox smaller, but that doesn't work for 1.8 players who still see the old sneaking hitbox size. This leads to disadvantages on both sides, for 1.8 players they can't enter certain areas because of sneak hitbox being to tall, and for more modern players sneaking will not help to conceal their hitbox from older players( since hitbox doesnt resize as much for older versions).
    new sneak meachanics only work in 1.14+ and they should be disabeld on havoc but removing 1.8 from the pvp and pve servers would be great

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I didn't know that, but wow. I just scratched the surface with what I said. Apply that across all the other updates, assuming it's the same deal, that'd be somewhere around 9100-9300 new items.
    Imagine what you could do with that. We've used the majority of the current models. Just think about what you could do with 2300 models and items by updating 1 version!
    I think they used to do the gun skins based on tool durability...?

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    yea they do but since 1.8 dont has this feature we are limited to 1gun (and skins scope etc for this gun in 1.9+) per item with durability if tmd would be 1.9+ you could use only a few diamond tools for all guns and skins etc and would have the outher items for outher stuff avaible
    Not actually. Diamond pickaxes have 1561 durability, and obviously you wont have that many skins for one gun. Simply make the first 20 durability one gun (with 19 skins), next 20 are another gun, etc.

Unrelated but any word on lag fixes? The longer I've been playing the more I remember why I left to begin with, and I don't think there is any real excuse for not having fixed the mass ping spikes after a year or so. Someone should tell the devs that after next update they should focus on fixing lag/bugs instead of adding new content that will inevitably put more strain on the server :|

Last edited: