• IP Copied!
  • This Might Calm Some of You

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    "Alright guys, I know you are upset but here is where we are coming from with this update. First off, there are a few things we have changed from the initial New Post. - Stats will no longer be full reset. You will be able to view your stats for individual seasons and your overall stats. - Everyone's Standard Vault will remain across the reset. (Full Standard Vault, not just the first 3 rows). As for Mine Wars, if we had the resources to release updates for both TMD and Mine Wars we would, but we simply aren't able to do that. There's no denying that the server's player count has dropped, and of course with it along with it the server's income has dropped. To be frank, the server hasn't even turned a profit for several months. Over the server's life span our only gamemode that has consistently made any income is TMD. Even at any other gamemode's prime, none of them has ever even come close to TMD. If we don't turn TMD around and start attracting new players then the server will reach a point where it is losing money, which obviously isn't good. Our goal with the Seasons Update is to add an overarching goal for TMD that is more than just survival. This combined with new content updates every two weeks will help to keep newer players engaged and coming back to the servers to begin to build the player count. As for the reset, we feel that TMD also needs some balancing in regards to loot. Right now "rare" loot is rather common, much more common then we ever intended. Right now the majority of fights are full Jugg v full Jugg, which we have found becomes stale. The gear reset along with some adjustments to loot spawns and crate values is part of our plan to make combat overall more interesting. And finally, for the old players that still enjoy the spamming pains PVP system, we have began working on a "TMD OP" server that will include the original 1.8 map with mostly the same features as TMD, just with spammable pains."

-Jacob himself

Runkelpokk

No dont bring a TMD OP

Remove TMDC

If you split up TMD it will die.

Bring back Pain spamming to TMD-1 (Maybe new system on tmd-2?)
    Pains should have a little cooldown (like an half secound)You still would be able to realy use pains but there wont be an advantage by autoclicker etc.

The current TMD healing system feels like fortnight , but why not ? use the fortnight hype bring the current healing system to Hellnight nearly everyone should be fine.

But why less players buy crates ? Maybe because you loose your jugg too fast and its not worth to use it rn ? (Melle weapons riot armor, and Tier4 guns should get removed from legendery creates its so noone needs them and it sucks when you paid irl money and just get normal stuff you can buy infinity)

Challenge_

Famous
    Challenge_
    Challenge_ Challenge_
    Y'all aren't letting that part sink in. I've seen people say stuff along the lines of "oh, owners just so these things for money." Yea, there's that aspect. But Servers need money to LIVE. IPs and domains cost money to run. Nothing's free. When people say "bring back TMDOP", I don't think they realize a server that's set aside for "TMDOP" alone would cost even more money to run and maintain.

I think we need to take what we can get. If TMD is what's supporting the family, it needs the most attention. I think dropping 2 servers and combination the 4 into TMDPVP and TMDPVE is a sign that money is thin, but is good start for allocating resources.

I understand MW isn't as big as TMD, but when it was new it did some work. It just needs an "OOMF" to get it churning again. Not the constant shafting it HAS been.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    Y'all aren't letting that part sink in. I've seen people say stuff along the lines of "oh, owners just so these things for money." Yea, there's that aspect. But Servers need money to LIVE. IPs and domains cost money to run. Nothing's free. When people say "bring back TMDOP", I don't think they realize a server that's set aside for "TMDOP" alone would cost even more money to run and maintain.

I think we need to take what we can get. If TMD is what's supporting the family, it needs the most attention. I think dropping 2 servers and combination the 4 into TMDPVP and TMDPVE is a sign that money is thin, but is good start for allocating resources.

I understand MW isn't as big as TMD, but when it was new it did some work. It just needs an "OOMF" to get it churning again. Not the constant shafting it HAS been.

Exactly. TMD is the big income, and if players don't see updates there are they going to donate? It has the most players amongst the other servers. The what 10 people who still play MW isn't going to contribute 25% of the costs for the Network.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    "Alright guys, I know you are upset but here is where we are coming from with this update. First off, there are a few things we have changed from the initial New Post. - Stats will no longer be full reset. You will be able to view your stats for individual seasons and your overall stats. - Everyone's Standard Vault will remain across the reset. (Full Standard Vault, not just the first 3 rows). As for Mine Wars, if we had the resources to release updates for both TMD and Mine Wars we would, but we simply aren't able to do that. There's no denying that the server's player count has dropped, and of course with it along with it the server's income has dropped. To be frank, the server hasn't even turned a profit for several months. Over the server's life span our only gamemode that has consistently made any income is TMD. Even at any other gamemode's prime, none of them has ever even come close to TMD. If we don't turn TMD around and start attracting new players then the server will reach a point where it is losing money, which obviously isn't good. Our goal with the Seasons Update is to add an overarching goal for TMD that is more than just survival. This combined with new content updates every two weeks will help to keep newer players engaged and coming back to the servers to begin to build the player count. As for the reset, we feel that TMD also needs some balancing in regards to loot. Right now "rare" loot is rather common, much more common then we ever intended. Right now the majority of fights are full Jugg v full Jugg, which we have found becomes stale. The gear reset along with some adjustments to loot spawns and crate values is part of our plan to make combat overall more interesting. And finally, for the old players that still enjoy the spamming pains PVP system, we have began working on a "TMD OP" server that will include the original 1.8 map with mostly the same features as TMD, just with spammable pains."

-Jacob himself

I'LL TAKE MY PAT ON THE BACK FOR VOICING THE OG'S AND BRINGING BACK TMDOP

Some side notes: It was clear that TMD was losing money, but I figured out after a great discussion with the build team and Jbently that it was due to EULA, most player losses was due to slowly becoming bound to EULA, making the changes to TMD wasn't in anyone's best interest because of their own thoughts, but mostly due to EULA's "no pay 2 win" style of game play. (If you originally said, this was why you had to change TMD, it would of gotten a lot less backlash) But, as an OG who uses jug daily, I agree where the wars can become stale, primarily because of the power creep on TMDC, where a g barret can 2 shot a military, and where wars last a few seconds because the combos with tier 5's and the 25 damage cross bow are ridiculously broken, compared to when wars would last for around 5-15 minutes at a time. Personally I did not see anything wrong with a reset but, in the end that is up to you, I could care less. Thank you for your hard work and dedication jacob, especially with microsoft shoving eula and its standards down your throat.

side note: MW has kinda taken to many L's but.... making new gamemodes are quite difficult and costly.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Exactly. TMD is the big income, and if players don't see updates there are they going to donate? It has the most players amongst the other servers. The what 10 people who still play MW isn't going to contribute 25% of the costs for the Network.

.25% *

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Maybe if it updated, there would be more. There's nothing left to do on MW right now, and no players to do it with.

I remember when it used to peak at about 70. There was a large community of bois back then. A lot of them have left, but a good chunk might come back.

Yove

Mythical
    Yove
    Yove Yove
    Maybe if it updated, there would be more. There's nothing left to do on MW right now, and no players to do it with.

I remember when it used to peak at about 70. There was a large community of bois back then. A lot of them have left, but a good chunk might come back.

It's peak wasn't 70 fake boy it was in the 80's and 90's lol

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    It's peak wasn't 70 fake boy it was in the 80's and 90's lol
    I only really paid attention to the player count when I played in March or so of 2017. I played a bit just after release, but I was new to Minecraft, and probably didn't even know I could press tab to see the players online.

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    I'LL TAKE MY PAT ON THE BACK FOR VOICING THE OG'S AND BRINGING BACK TMDOP

Some side notes: It was clear that TMD was losing money, but I figured out after a great discussion with the build team and Jbently that it was due to EULA, most player losses was due to slowly becoming bound to EULA, making the changes to TMD wasn't in anyone's best interest because of their own thoughts, but mostly due to EULA's "no pay 2 win" style of game play. (If you originally said, this was why you had to change TMD, it would of gotten a lot less backlash) But, as an OG who uses jug daily, I agree where the wars can become stale, primarily because of the power creep on TMDC, where a g barret can 2 shot a military, and where wars last a few seconds because the combos with tier 5's and the 25 damage cross bow are ridiculously broken, compared to when wars would last for around 5-15 minutes at a time. Personally I did not see anything wrong with a reset but, in the end that is up to you, I could care less. Thank you for your hard work and dedication jacob, especially with microsoft shoving eula and its standards down your throat.

side note: MW has kinda taken to many L's but.... making new gamemodes are quite difficult and costly.
    And It doesn't help with sweaty kid who macro crossbow, ksg and awm..