• IP Copied!
  • Tips on applying for apprentice on HavocMC

PeachDAboss

Famous
    PeachDAboss
    PeachDAboss PeachDAboss
    So I've been trying to contact the person who reviewed my application, and I haven't had a single response. I've tried messaging them in Discord and here on the forums. I am still concerned about the reason I was denied. If that's how future applicants will be received, it's a shame. I don't believe one should need "previous experience" to be a Helper. It's the lowest level, and, as stated before, it's a way for the higher ups to see if you are fit for the staff team. Why else would would they be applying? I just want to see this resolved, and my application revisited. I honestly don't think a month's wait is reasonable for such a minor reason.
    (I'm so sorry if I seem aloof, I really don't mean to be. I'm just trying to be as straight forward and direct as possible ^u^)

-Cat
    I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, but you haven't messaged me on Discord or the website about this. :/

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, but you haven't messaged me on Discord or the website about this. :/
    I have? I have started a conversation and I've commented in your Forums profile.

I don't know where the easy dm option is, but I have messaged you. I even replied to your comment on the application.

My discord is cat-squirrel#8867

I would really like to discuss this, as I am determined to become a helper on this server ^w^

SummonersJhift

Mythical
    SummonersJhift
    SummonersJhift SummonersJhift
    I just checked and you joined on 06/05/16. c:
    I think you have that wrong, I checked my mc profile and it says I changed my name 8/3/2016, so one year today. I have video of me playing dated at 3/24/16. Which I know I made 2 months after I joined, maybe that says when I became titan?

MangoKisa

VIP
    MangoKisa
    MangoKisa MangoKisa
    Hello,
    Thank you for these tips, im looking forward for more tips from you. :)

Sincerely,
    MangoKisa

Steelilayer

Lateralization,
    I have cheated at the Nov 18th 2016,
    When will the server wont take that in mind ?
    I have changed , and i proved it..
    I allredy got unbanned at The April 27th 2017,
    Since then , i played allot , in skyblock , tmd , hellnight , got reconnected to the community.

Last edited:

OVE_Anderson

Hey guys, how are you all doing today? So I've noticed that the majority of our helper applications we receive are not up to our accepting standards, or come close but end up falling short in one category or another. I decided that I would make this thread to help anyone that's thinking of applying so that we hopefully get more qualifying candidates for the helper position. I'm going to be going through what to put and what not to put on your helper application, so hopefully people will have a better understanding of what we're looking for by the time they're done reading this.

Length:
    Overall we are looking for quality over quantity, but we will also be looking for long answers that fully answer the stated questions in the application. For the main questions (Why do you want to join our staff team at HavocMC?, Why do you think you would be fit for staff?, What do you hope to get out of this experience?), we are looking for at minimum four sentences, although you shouldn't aim for only four sentences. Try to do full paragraph answers, or even multi-paragraph answers if possible. For the other questions, try to give at least two sentence answers that fully answer the stated question. Again try to aim higher than the minimum if you can. If you answer the questions with one sentences answers with little detail, your chances at being accepted are very, very small.

Content:
    This falls back to quality over quantity. For every question try to make your answers the best quality you can make them. Make them have depth, meaning, and the truth. On the application if you answer the question "Why do you think you would be fit for staff?" with something like: "I think I'd be fit for staff because I enjoy helping people and I've always been good at problem solving so I could break up conflicts easily.", then I'll be wondering why you're so good at problem solving, or why you enjoy helping people. Try to expand on the points that you have put, so instead of just saying "I've always been good at problem solving" you could say:

"I've always been able to solve problems and resolve conflicts between others easily. I sometimes get into arguments with my friends at school, or my friends get into arguments with each other, so I calmly try to diffuse the situation before anyone gets too mad or becomes hurt. If someone was mad at me for lying to them for example, I would hear them out and most likely apologize for my mistake instead of just furthering the argument or "stirring the pot" so to speak.".

The example above would be a great part of an answer to "Why do you think you would be fit for staff?".

Grammar:
    Make sure to always use proper grammar when answering the questions on your application. Watch out for little grammatical mistakes and errors such as putting "i" instead of "I", putting "your" instead of "you're", putting "its" instead of "it's", etc. I've seen applications that had good and long answers, but they also had horrendous grammar that just degrades the overall quality of the application.

This is fairly straight forward, we are looking for applicants that are at least fourteen years old. Our reasoning for this is because we believe that age can play into your overall maturity level (which is a very big factor in being staff by the way), so we don't want to accept people that are too young. There is a small possibility that you can be accepted if you're younger than fourteen, but for that to happen your application must be of stellar quality (multi-paragraph answers, good depth and detail, etc.). Please make sure not to lie about your age.

Punishments:
    Having a clean punishment history will really help your chances in becoming a helper on here. Having no punishments shows us that you can be respectful and not try to start things with others for no reason. You can still be accepted if you have receive punishment on our server, but we will be taking into account things like when you last received a punishment, what the majority of your punishments are for, what type of punishments you have received, your overall maturity level and level of respect to others on the server and forums, and a few other background things. Try to include all the punishments you've received and why you received them if you remember them.

Gameplay:
    When a staff member mentions your "gameplay" that means they're talking about your total amount of time spent on the server since you joined. Having a decent amount of gameplay is important if you're applying for staff as it shows you're dedicated to the server and that you won't lose interest. I really have no set parameters for an individual's gameplay, so just try to use common sense. If you haven't been able to hit more than thirty minutes a day for the past month since you joined, you're gameplay won't be looking too good. If you can consistently hit two hours a day, your gameplay will be looking great. If you're every curious about how much gameplay you have, PM a Sr. Mod+ and they can tell you. Please note that you cannot ask to check some else's gameplay, only your own.

Being honest:
    When applying, try to be as honest as you can. If you aren't fourteen yet, state that in your application. If you've received a lot of punishments, own up to it. If you don't have experience in being staff, don't try to hide it from us. If you aren't honest in your application then how could we trust you as a fellow staff member and/or friend on our team. We value honesty on here so please don't try to hide things from us. If you say you're seventeen when you're actually thirteen, then you won't be accepted.

Plagiarism:
    We have a strict no plagiarism policy when regarding any applications for staff on HavocMC. We can easily check if an application has been plagiarized, so don't try to sneak a plagiarized application by us. If an application is plagiarized that shows us that the applicant can't take the effort into creating their own application, so that leads us to believe that said applicant would also not take the effort into being a good staff member. Any plagiarized applications will be closed without reply.

HavocMC Staff Guidelines:
    While this isn't part of the application itself, this document outlines what people will be getting into if they get accepted as helper. This document also outlines staff rules as well. You can find the document here.

That's all the tips I have for now, if I think of any other tips I will add them to this thread. Thanks for reading and good luck to anyone that's applying!
    thank you also i wont ask for the achievement

Retop

Titan
    Retop
    Retop Retop
    Hey guys, how are you all doing today? So I've noticed that the majority of our helper applications we receive are not up to our accepting standards, or come close but end up falling short in one category or another. I decided that I would make this thread to help anyone that's thinking of applying so that we hopefully get more qualifying candidates for the helper position. I'm going to be going through what to put and what not to put on your helper application, so hopefully people will have a better understanding of what we're looking for by the time they're done reading this.

Length:
    Overall we are looking for quality over quantity, but we will also be looking for long answers that fully answer the stated questions in the application. For the main questions (Why do you want to join our staff team at HavocMC?, Why do you think you would be fit for staff?, What do you hope to get out of this experience?), we are looking for at minimum four sentences, although you shouldn't aim for only four sentences. Try to do full paragraph answers, or even multi-paragraph answers if possible. For the other questions, try to give at least two sentence answers that fully answer the stated question. Again try to aim higher than the minimum if you can. If you answer the questions with one sentences answers with little detail, your chances at being accepted are very, very small.

Content:
    This falls back to quality over quantity. For every question try to make your answers the best quality you can make them. Make them have depth, meaning, and the truth. On the application if you answer the question "Why do you think you would be fit for staff?" with something like: "I think I'd be fit for staff because I enjoy helping people and I've always been good at problem solving so I could break up conflicts easily.", then I'll be wondering why you're so good at problem solving, or why you enjoy helping people. Try to expand on the points that you have put, so instead of just saying "I've always been good at problem solving" you could say:

"I've always been able to solve problems and resolve conflicts between others easily. I sometimes get into arguments with my friends at school, or my friends get into arguments with each other, so I calmly try to diffuse the situation before anyone gets too mad or becomes hurt. If someone was mad at me for lying to them for example, I would hear them out and most likely apologize for my mistake instead of just furthering the argument or "stirring the pot" so to speak.".

The example above would be a great part of an answer to "Why do you think you would be fit for staff?".

Grammar:
    Make sure to always use proper grammar when answering the questions on your application. Watch out for little grammatical mistakes and errors such as putting "i" instead of "I", putting "your" instead of "you're", putting "its" instead of "it's", etc. I've seen applications that had good and long answers, but they also had horrendous grammar that just degrades the overall quality of the application.

This is fairly straight forward, we are looking for applicants that are at least fourteen years old. Our reasoning for this is because we believe that age can play into your overall maturity level (which is a very big factor in being staff by the way), so we don't want to accept people that are too young. There is a small possibility that you can be accepted if you're younger than fourteen, but for that to happen your application must be of stellar quality (multi-paragraph answers, good depth and detail, etc.). Please make sure not to lie about your age.

Punishments:
    Having a clean punishment history will really help your chances in becoming a helper on here. Having no punishments shows us that you can be respectful and not try to start things with others for no reason. You can still be accepted if you have receive punishment on our server, but we will be taking into account things like when you last received a punishment, what the majority of your punishments are for, what type of punishments you have received, your overall maturity level and level of respect to others on the server and forums, and a few other background things. Try to include all the punishments you've received and why you received them if you remember them.

Gameplay:
    When a staff member mentions your "gameplay" that means they're talking about your total amount of time spent on the server since you joined. Having a decent amount of gameplay is important if you're applying for staff as it shows you're dedicated to the server and that you won't lose interest. I really have no set parameters for an individual's gameplay, so just try to use common sense. If you haven't been able to hit more than thirty minutes a day for the past month since you joined, you're gameplay won't be looking too good. If you can consistently hit two hours a day, your gameplay will be looking great. If you're every curious about how much gameplay you have, PM a Sr. Mod+ and they can tell you. Please note that you cannot ask to check some else's gameplay, only your own.

Being honest:
    When applying, try to be as honest as you can. If you aren't fourteen yet, state that in your application. If you've received a lot of punishments, own up to it. If you don't have experience in being staff, don't try to hide it from us. If you aren't honest in your application then how could we trust you as a fellow staff member and/or friend on our team. We value honesty on here so please don't try to hide things from us. If you say you're seventeen when you're actually thirteen, then you won't be accepted.

Plagiarism:
    We have a strict no plagiarism policy when regarding any applications for staff on HavocMC. We can easily check if an application has been plagiarized, so don't try to sneak a plagiarized application by us. If an application is plagiarized that shows us that the applicant can't take the effort into creating their own application, so that leads us to believe that said applicant would also not take the effort into being a good staff member. Any plagiarized applications will be closed without reply.

While this isn't part of the application itself, this document outlines what people will be getting into if they get accepted as helper. This document also outlines staff rules as well. You can find the document here.

That's all the tips I have for now, if I think of any other tips I will add them to this thread. Thanks for reading and good luck to anyone that's applying!
    Thank you for this! I'm sure this will help me out in the near future :)

AlexanderDaBoss
    AlexanderDaBoss AlexanderDaBoss
    01000100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01101011 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 00100000 01000001 01101110 01101110 01101001 01101000 01101001 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 00100000 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01100101 01110110 01100101 01101101 01100101 01101110 01110100 00101100 00100000 01001001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110000 01100101 01101111 01110000 01101100 01100101 00101110 meaning Don't ask me for the Admin Annihilation achievement, I don't give it out to people.

Retop

Titan
    Retop
    Retop Retop
    I thought that you only had to be 13 to be helper...
    Not exactly, They will still look into you if you're close to 14, or very mature. Age is a good factor on how they determine if a user is capable of handling the responsibilities of a staff member. If you see yourself as mature, I wouldn't worry about it, Always good to try!

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    If anyone is here looking to apply, take these tips to heart read them carefully and take you're time. The two Churchill quotes I have on my signature, I try to live by daily. My advice is to think about them when writing you're application. When you think you're ready to submit- pause and check for you're application's weakest link. Then continue this process until you believe that you cannot improve it any further. i cant speak for the higher staff but from what i can tell effort is appreciated server wide. your application is like the first handshake at an interview. Its sets the tone, and it may even dictate any further conversation with a higher staff. how do you want to present yourself? what can you bring to the table?. that is my response to the "main post" on this thread. good luck :)
    -general

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    If anyone is here looking to apply, take these tips to heart read them carefully and take you're time. The two Churchill quotes I have on my signature, I try to live by daily. My advice is to think about them when writing you're application. When you think you're ready to submit- pause and check for you're application's weakest link. Then continue this process until you believe that you cannot improve it any further. i cant speak for the higher staff but from what i can tell effort is appreciated server wide. your application is like the first handshake at an interview. Its sets the tone, and it may even dictate any further conversation with a higher staff. how do you want to present yourself? what can you bring to the table?. that is my response to the "main post" on this thread. good luck :)
    -general
    Also, for anyone who thinks they're ready to submit their application, I will happily proof read it for you! Another person is more likely to catch mistakes than yourself, so feel free to message me! I will check your grammar, punctuation, spelling, and other syntax related material. I will not, however, write your application for you. I may give you suggestions, like "add more info here" or "what other skills are you good at" etc. It's your application, not mine ;)

Good luck!

-Cat

DDoc

Mythical
    Dr_lolig
    Dr_lolig Dr_lolig

Length:

Content:

Grammar:

Punishments:

Gameplay:

Being honest:

Plagiarism:

Oh man... I just read this a bit too late. If my application gets denied again I'll really use this text!

Josiah_Ironclad

Josiah_Ironclad
    Josiah_Ironclad Josiah_Ironclad
    Grammar:

Using "i" instead of "I" isn't a grammar error, it's just a typo. Still the same exact letter and word.