• IP Copied!
  • TMD: Walker Immersion

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    This isn't an idea that needs to be done any time soon, it would just be cool.

When a player dies, they spawn an angry walker.

Walkers cannot use guns but they do deal normal walker melee damage, including a chance to cause Infection.
    If the player is headshot, they do not spawn a walker.

Champion+ can control their walker for 30 seconds after death.
    Mythical Zombies get speed, resist buff?

Most Walking Dead servers include a basic zombie spawn after player death, but these additional wrinkles are cool.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    I agree, players should turn into zombies upon death. This is something that always should have been a part of TMD, but for some reason was never added. I think zombies should be able to use melee weapons. They also shouldn’t despawn ever, either.

I think the part about ranks being able to control their zombies is terrible, though. It makes no sense and would be completely P2W (for example, a no rank winning a 1v1 against a Mythical, and the Mythical controlling their zombie to kill the no rank.) It would essentially be a temporary second life.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    I agree, players should turn into zombies upon death. This is something that always should have been a part of TMD, but for some reason was never added. I think zombies should be able to use melee weapons. They also shouldn’t despawn ever, either.

I think the part about ranks being able to control their zombies is terrible, though. It makes no sense and would be completely P2W (for example, a no rank winning a 1v1 against a Mythical, and the Mythical controlling their zombie to kill the no rank.) It would essentially be a temporary second life.
    Well, if you let them use melee weapons and they never despawn, sure they're op. I was imagining a traditional walker, which are very easy to kill, 1-2 bullets from any gun. Even a "speedy" mythical one would not be hard to gun down with a tier 1 gun.

Instead of player control:
    Mythical Rank spawns one or two baby zombies instead of one normal zombie. Those things are annoying. And that change would make this suggestion really simple to implement, just a basic "spawn on player death" command.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Well, if you let them use melee weapons and they never despawn, sure they're op. I was imagining a traditional walker, which are very easy to kill, 1-2 bullets from any gun. Even a "speedy" mythical one would not be hard to gun down with a tier 1 gun.

Instead of player control:
    Mythical Rank spawns one or two baby zombies instead of one normal zombie. Those things are annoying. And that change would make this suggestion really simple to implement, just a basic "spawn on player death" command.

An NPC zombie with a weapon the player was holding, and maybe also the armor as well would be a good change. Maybe it could also have their name and player head on similarly to MineZ. Also, it doesn’t despawn so the items won’t disappear, instead dropping when the zombie is killed. I remember a thread a little while ago, requesting loot protection after death, and this would also be a good compromise to that as well.

Two baby zombies spawning on the death of a player doesn’t make sense. There shouldn’t be any difference between an unranked zombie and a mythical zombie.

xHobbes

Titan
    xHobbes
    xHobbes xHobbes
    Maybe have them on a 15-minute timer to despawn. Could get a bit laggy if there were 300 zombies that don't despawn!:p

I doubt there would be that many at one time, sense most deaths are because of PvP. However, just in case, there should be a max limit that they can spawn and then deaths after that would drop stuff normally.

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    This server uses regular butchers right? To clear out mobs from unloaded chunks? Just make sure player generated zombies get hit by those

Dsawemd

Mythical
    Dsawemd
    Dsawemd Dsawemd
    Two baby zombies spawning on the death of a player doesn’t make sense. There shouldn’t be any difference between an unranked zombie and a mythical zombie.
    lol what about a titan class kit with a whisperer mask, a bunch of leashes, and when you die you spawn a horde

Edit: ok fine. Normal zombies please. Easy implementation. Better rp too

Last edited:

Runkelpokk

spawning a walker after a player died sounds cool but controlling the walker would be hard to implement and would not fit into twd.
    If the player walker would have much more health and wear the players skull+armor and you have to kill it before being able to loot the player it would be pretty cool

stompyblue

Great Idea, I wish that there was some way, and I know this sound weird, of actually playing as the walker or zombie (Obviously way more buffed up), but that would add a whole new side to the game, maybe adding better attacks for walkers controlled by players, so that other players would find the game more of a challenge, because the walkers would be a lot more dangerous.