• IP Copied!
  • Weekly News 4/22-4/28

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    05f9548bf8b224f454661a96b4dc7239.jpg
    Welcome to our first weekly news post. We expect to have a post every Friday for the foreseeable future. Let's get into it.

TMD Update Decision

After reviewing the results of the poll and brainstorming ideas, we came to the decision to keep TMD-1 and TMD OP separate. Although on the website poll, around 60% of people voted for the merge, most of our players don't visit the website and would be upset as they like the current survival aspect. Our hope is that with more advertising, more dedicated players will come, and the community can grow that way, rather than merging mechanics, making people angry, and having more people quit. Until then for the players that wanted the merge you still have a server to play on with the gameplay mechanics that you enjoy.

New Map Maker Contest
    We are glad to announce that we are having a new Map Maker Contest! The goal of this contest is to build the best looking and most detailed map based on a Western theme. To access the Map Maker server, type /Server MM-1 while in game. To create a map, type /create. Remember to be creative and use as much detail as possible! The prizes will be as follows:

1st Place: $100 Shop Voucher
    2nd Place: $50 Shop Voucher
    3rd Place: $25 Shop Voucher
    4th - 8th Place: $10 Shop Voucher

Builds will be judged on Thursday, the 25th of May and the winners will be announced shortly afterwards - so be sure to get your maps submitted to have a chance at winning! To submit your map, simply type /submit while on your map. From now on, all Map Maker contests will be released monthly.
    Good luck to everyone who enters, and as always, if multiple players work on an entry, the prizes will be split evenly among them.

Changelog
    We have recently added a changelog to the website so that the community can keep track of all the changes and bug fixes on HavocMC. To access this new page, click the blue tab above labeled 'changelog.'

Notable changes from the past week:
    - Permanent fix for the lever at Prison.
    - Attempted nerf on painkillers as requested.
    - Numerous team glitches fixed. (edited)

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    when will the tmd map maker builds be shown. i join map maker and almost everyday people are asking when it will be over, and the only people who know it is over is those who have received a message that they won on forums.(like me;))

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Your server is dying, and you are doing things that are completely useless. You have ruined golden barrets, and you have ruined pvp. The server will die very fast if you don't do something by the end of this weekend. Lots and lots of people are planning to quit because you wont just admit that your update didn't work. Our team went to prison and our whole full jugg team was 2 shot by gbars. How is this fun? Jugg is worthless pretty much now. You NEED TO make the server EXACTLY like the old days (excluding the map) or people will quit. Its the truth. I and many other people are going to stop buying stuff until this is fixed...

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    Bro Fix the damned Knock back its the most aggravating thing ever being sent back 12 blocks and losing more than half your health. that isnt fun its actually extremly over powered because titans can easily obtain it each day I suggest making it the 2nd most rarest thing because i can legit go on and 2 shot a full jugg. Theres no fun in that, It was much bettter before and it was actually a challenge being able to tank it and get through massive hoards. Knock Back isnt what we wanted its the pain debuff so it would make the pain spam harder not being sent back 12 blocks and getting insta shotted in riot like thats not even fun. You already know jahango is gonna take over this server because he never misses its like he locks onto you and you get sent 12 blocks and left with 4 hearts, how do you plan on surviving that? because I know one thing for a fact that Jahango already beat the server I mean the mans got it all he dont miss a shot and with this gay Knock back on the guns it just makes it even worse.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    Bro Fix the damned Knock back its the most aggravating thing ever being sent back 12 blocks and losing more than half your health. that isnt fun its actually extremly over powered because titans can easily obtain it each day I suggest making it the 2nd most rarest thing because i can legit go on and 2 shot a full jugg. Theres no fun in that, It was much bettter before and it was actually a challenge being able to tank it and get through massive hoards. Knock Back isnt what we wanted its the pain debuff so it would make the pain spam harder not being sent back 12 blocks and getting insta shotted in riot like thats not even fun. You already know jahango is gonna take over this server because he never misses its like he locks onto you and you get sent 12 blocks and left with 4 hearts, how do you plan on surviving that? because I know one thing for a fact that Jahango already beat the server I mean the mans got it all he dont miss a shot and with this gay Knock back on the guns it just makes it even worse.

Jahango also said Bike PVP is bek ;-;

JSolo

Mythical
    JSolo
    JSolo JSolo
    Whats the point of playing when you know you're already dead when u see Jahango and his goons all aiming your Gbars at you getting insta shotted and who know how far they'll knock you back this time ;)

5oup

"most of our players don't visit the website and would be upset as they like the current survival aspect. Our hope is that with more advertising, more dedicated players will come, and the community can grow that way, rather than merging mechanics, making people angry, and having more people quit."

I disagree with this, completely. I would just like to say that there were more players from tmd 1-7 that posted/voted on your poll, thus making the poll, itself, an accurate representation of what the players want. I would just like to say that the new golden Barrett "head-shot" buff should be removed altogether, along with the knockback being fixed. This makes killing a full jugg virtually possible/extremely easy for anyone that has a golden barrett, and catches a full jugg off-guard(2 hits alone is viable for anyone with a gbar - it used to be 3/4 hits). While this corrects the "OP" effect of full juggs, it also makes juggernaut armour null-and-void, which ruins wars. This will cause many people to quit, solely(many already have stopped going full jugg for wars).
    In addition to this, I really don't see merging the servers having a negative impact. Unless the servers are merged, the OGS will eventually all quit. It won't ruin the survival aspect that many players on tmd 1-7 adore. It will just be another challenge for most, and they will adjust.

Al_Cool

Champion
    Al_Cool
    Al_Cool Al_Cool
    I don't want to break your conversation guys, but could I say...

This picture look awesome thk! And plz keep us up to date with whats going on, its a very good idea ;)

K now your free to carry on, thk!

5oup

Jahango also said Bike PVP is bek ;-;
    If this happens I will have lost all faith in tmd and it's capabilities. Bike-pvp was, and is, the most atrocious thing to be implemented. Bike pvp is fine as it is(it could use a few tweaks), but if any buffs are added for pvp, bike-pvp is basically going to rule the server like how it was at the end of the old map.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Your server is dying, and you are doing things that are completely useless. You have ruined golden barrets, and you have ruined pvp. The server will die very fast if you don't do something by the end of this weekend. Lots and lots of people are planning to quit because you wont just admit that your update didn't work. Our team went to prison and our whole full jugg team was 2 shot by gbars. How is this fun? Jugg is worthless pretty much now. You NEED TO make the server EXACTLY like the old days (excluding the map) or people will quit. Its the truth. I and many other people are going to stop buying stuff until this is fixed...
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off, the changes to the GBarr were to make it like it was in the "old days". It didn't work so we changed it - we're trying to get something that works. What kills a server is lack of new players. If all the new players get killed by people spamming pains, that's what will really kill the server. It would help if you stopped overreacting and going crazy for changes that we are doing to try to help, that are easily-retrievable.

QueenMunchii

Mythical
    QueenMunchii
    QueenMunchii QueenMunchii
    People are so Mad because of the no merge. well obviously the Staff of this Server have decided No Merge for good reasons that where pointed out in different post's. the No Merge was Decided by the Staff, and even if y'all are mad you cant change it, it's already been done and said. Just learn to accept it. No Merge.

"this isn't a time for banner wars, the server is dying and we are wasting our time on less important things" -ThatPandaPacca
    The Server isnt Dying, people are Quitting because they're mad they didn't get what THEY wanted. the Server is still very much alive, just with a few less people.
    "I'm thinking of quitting, sorry TMD the server is dying due to lack of attention of actual serious things..."
    -Ddengar
    the Staff have been Working Extremely hard Tend to 'actual serious things' Yet, if you havent Watched _vc_'s new Video on the server and update on youtube, i suggest watching it. The Owners and Builders have been attending to the New map. because the map currently on the Server is 'too big' So they have been working on the new map. Which has most of their time used up:

You guys cant Get all mad just because you didn't get the merge you wanted. It's rather childish to be so salty over something as minor as this, just because you didn't get your way.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    "most of our players don't visit the website and would be upset as they like the current survival aspect. Our hope is that with more advertising, more dedicated players will come, and the community can grow that way, rather than merging mechanics, making people angry, and having more people quit."

I disagree with this, completely. I would just like to say that there were more players from tmd 1-7 that posted/voted on your poll, thus making the poll, itself, an accurate representation of what the players want. I would just like to say that the new golden Barrett "head-shot" buff should be removed altogether, along with the knockback being fixed. This makes killing a full jugg virtually possible/extremely easy for anyone that has a golden barrett, and catches a full jugg off-guard(2 hits alone is viable for anyone with a gbar - it used to be 3/4 hits). While this corrects the "OP" effect of full juggs, it also makes juggernaut armour null-and-void, which ruins wars. This will cause many people to quit, solely(many already have stopped going full jugg for wars).
    In addition to this, I really don't see merging the servers having a negative impact. Unless the servers are merged, the OGS will eventually all quit. It won't ruin the survival aspect that many players on tmd 1-7 adore. It will just be another challenge for most, and they will adjust.
    We reverted the Golden Barrett to be less OP. If we merge the server, many 1-7 players will leave, and new players will be killed by people with pains, regardless of if they get the jump on them. New players will leave and thew server will die. Also, every day a couple thousand people play on the server, so the poll is a very small sample size, and in general, TMD-1, TMD-3, & TMDO players are the most active on the server / etc.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    We reverted the Golden Barrett to be less OP. If we merge the server, many 1-7 players will leave, and new players will be killed by people with pains, regardless of if they get the jump on them. New players will leave and thew server will die. Also, every day a couple thousand people play on the server, so the poll is a very small sample size, and in general, TMD-1, TMD-3, & TMDO players are the most active on the server / etc.
    something you could try is recommending new players try PvE and having them gather loot on those servers and testing out the game mode before throwing them into PvP. maybe also making higher tier loot more available in PvE with a small incentive for them playing on PvE for an hour etc

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    Although I would of rathered the TMD to merge I see what your saying _Nickk, I'll personally try get more people on and also would like to say thank you as I have asked for weekly fourm posts a few times and I wonder if I influenced the decision to make it so. Ignore the people who cannot make creative criticism and no valid points and people who are just making threats about leaving and that the server is dieing, Best of luck on all your hard work :).

Reactions: 3sw

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    I don't know why you make your main audience (PvPers) and people who played back then have to suffer and make "TMDO" why can't you just make the people who like "surviving" have their own server... I bet they'd actually enjoy that because they wouldnt run into infinite players with the best gear 24/7... The OG players don't want to just have their own server where its barely populated and no action.. that ruins all PvP.

idk how you think a merge will make the server worse? it was good back in the day and was actually growing? what makes people quit is LOW population... Think about it like this, On Faction servers if there is no one online then you can still do lots of things and you don't need people to be on to be functionable, but on TMD you rely on other players to be on, and if there isn't any than it's useless to be playing the server with no action, so why split all the players up through so many different servers and cause them to die in players at late times and basically just causing the population to die down slowly, people will find more servers with more action and begin to get attached and not come on TMD as much, thats how things die and servers get ruined.