• IP Copied!
  • Weekly News 4/22-4/28

KyronicGaming

Mythical
    Kyritic
    Kyritic Kyritic
    I don't know why you make your main audience (PvPers) and people who played back then have to suffer and make "TMDO" why can't you just make the people who like "surviving" have their own server... I bet they'd actually enjoy that because they wouldnt run into infinite players with the best gear 24/7... The OG players don't want to just have their own server where its barely populated and no action.. that ruins all PvP.

idk how you think a merge will make the server worse? it was good back in the day and was actually growing? what makes people quit is LOW population... Think about it like this, On Faction servers if there is no one online then you can still do lots of things and you don't need people to be on to be functionable, but on TMD you rely on other players to be on, and if there isn't any than it's useless to be playing the server with no action, so why split all the players up through so many different servers and cause them to die in players at late times and basically just causing the population to die down slowly, people will find more servers with more action and begin to get attached and not come on TMD as much, thats how things die and servers get ruined.

I completely agree.

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off, the changes to the GBarr were to make it like it was in the "old days". It didn't work so we changed it - we're trying to get something that works. What kills a server is lack of new players. If all the new players get killed by people spamming pains, that's what will really kill the server. It would help if you stopped overreacting and going crazy for changes that we are doing to try to help, that are easily-retrievable.

What JacksonPanduh really meant was that he misses "old tmd" like most vets that I know(before the first update in January) , where TMD-1 was packed and there was more than 90 players also on TMD-2.
    The server won't exactly die, but I believe it should be better to focus on the current players and maybe why they are threatening/thinking about quitting the server... I personally would hate myself if I quit, this was maybe one of the first servers on Minecraft I ever played on. In Fact, even when I was unable to download a single resource pack, I kept playing the game by memorizing which tools was which weapon with the resource pack on. @ThatPandaPacca is more likely just pissed off in general about the recent changes that were not exactly told early enough for TMDOP to prepare. @_Nickk, I understand that the TMD team is furiously working on other projects and trying to fix TMD/Prepare for the update, with the "Immortal" noobs *****ing about autoclickers and how ****ty the game is becoming, it is true for the last few weeks that not many players are playing TMD. Instead of pounding on each of the builders, developers, other staff we should find a way to revive the server and find the reasons on why there is so much salt and destruction in generally TMD/TMDOP...

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off, the changes to the GBarr were to make it like it was in the "old days". It didn't work so we changed it - we're trying to get something that works. What kills a server is lack of new players. If all the new players get killed by people spamming pains, that's what will really kill the server. It would help if you stopped overreacting and going crazy for changes that we are doing to try to help, that are easily-retrievable.
    Pre 1.9 reset, no one really cared about the pain spamming. THe people who wanted a more realistic style game would random spawn and do whatever they do. The OGS that like doing wars and stuff would go to places like Atlanta and have wars. Now that it is split, players don't want to go back. But the thing is people will still be able to do their roleplays and stuff, and we would be able to do our wars if you know what I mean. Pre 1.9 reset everything was coded perfectly, I don't think we should go back to 1.8. I think instead we should change the code back to how it was pre 1.9 reset. If you change to 1.8, how will you make more weapons? That will be pretty hard, since resource packs don't work the same way in 1.8. Basicly what I'm saying is you should chage the coding to make it like pre 1.9 reset, the days we all love and remember

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    I don't know why you make your main audience (PvPers) and people who played back then have to suffer and make "TMDO" why can't you just make the people who like "surviving" have their own server... I bet they'd actually enjoy that because they wouldnt run into infinite players with the best gear 24/7... The OG players don't want to just have their own server where its barely populated and no action.. that ruins all PvP.

idk how you think a merge will make the server worse? it was good back in the day and was actually growing? what makes people quit is LOW population... Think about it like this, On Faction servers if there is no one online then you can still do lots of things and you don't need people to be on to be functionable, but on TMD you rely on other players to be on, and if there isn't any than it's useless to be playing the server with no action, so why split all the players up through so many different servers and cause them to die in players at late times and basically just causing the population to die down slowly, people will find more servers with more action and begin to get attached and not come on TMD as much, thats how things die and servers get ruined.
    In my opinion they should merge. Heres why. People who like just "surviving" still can survive. All you have to do is /play, and boom. Lots of people on tmd-1 don't even know that tmdo exists. When I told people about it, they were like "This whole time theres been a tmdo..." I think that the tmd-1 players will be able to adapt. THe roleplayers or survivors can still play, and the pvpers on tmd-1 can adjust to the new pvp.

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    What JacksonPanduh really meant was that he misses "old tmd" like most vets that I know(before the first update in January) , where TMD-1 was packed and there was more than 90 players also on TMD-2.
    The server won't exactly die, but I believe it should be better to focus on the current players and maybe why they are threatening/thinking about quitting the server... I personally would hate myself if I quit, this was maybe one of the first servers on Minecraft I ever played on. In Fact, even when I was unable to download a single resource pack, I kept playing the game by memorizing which tools was which weapon with the resource pack on. @ThatPandaPacca is more likely just pissed off in general about the recent changes that were not exactly told early enough for TMDOP to prepare. @_Nickk, I understand that the TMD team is furiously working on other projects and trying to fix TMD/Prepare for the update, with the "Immortal" noobs *****ing about autoclickers and how ****ty the game is becoming, it is true for the last few weeks that not many players are playing TMD. Instead of pounding on each of the builders, developers, other staff we should find a way to revive the server and find the reasons on why there is so much salt and destruction in generally TMD/TMDOP...
    I went on the server Friday after school. Pre reset there would be like 80-100 players. Now it was like 40, and a lot of them were afk at berx or spawn....
    Thanks for saying what I said in a better way
    #Preach

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_

I agree with this, I think changing TMDO to Hardcore would be a much better recieved change. I personally think there are much more people who care about PVP than realness. Most people who come to a walking dead server expect a good walking dead experience. The guns and builds spark their interest, so they began exploring and checking things out, then they get brutally killed, which only adds to the experience. The reaction to getting killed the first time is usually, "Oh that makes sense, this is the walking dead, I can get killed, just like the show." This is the geniusness behind the initial TMD addiction. The builds and guns make them interested, but they soon realize they have to learn how to fight or else it's impossible to explore the server, and by the time they finally explore it all, they have become very good fighters and survivors so they start figuring wars out, and other fun things to do, and THAT is how veteran players are made, simple as that.

Some people give up fighting to explore on a PVE server, and that's just fine, they can do that. And for those newcomers who want to fight but don't like the system, they can just go play Hardcore.

Lets say the TMDO to Hardcore change was made and it made a good amount of TMD-1 players mad, most people didn't care since it means a united community and HUGE wars. But there are some who liked the pain cooldown and hate the idea of the change. That population of people would either move to hardcore, adapt to the changes, or quit. And let's say all of them quit. The damages would be almost unnoticeable as the servers would be booming with life again, especially TMD-1. Now that's only an "if".

But if we favor the TMD-1 players and make the veterans angry then that means a much larger loss of numbers. TMDO would eventually just die out because no one will care anymore. The new map will create some hype, but not enough to last, as the community is still split. Meanwhile we'd basically have to start over with the new TMD we've created and raise a whole new playerbase who will only know the current system and know nothing of the TMD veterans because they all quit. We'd then really have to hope that the TMD we have now can be as popular as the original gamemode which got us where we are today. It's a tough gamble.

Jahango

Mythical
    Jahango
    Jahango Jahango
    I agree with this, I think changing TMDO to Hardcore would be a much better recieved change. I personally think there are much more people who care about PVP than realness. Most people who come to a walking dead server expect a good walking dead experience. The guns and builds spark their interest, so they began exploring and checking things out, then they get brutally killed, which only adds to the experience. The reaction to getting killed the first time is usually, "Oh that makes sense, this is the walking dead, I can get killed, just like the show." This is the geniusness behind the initial TMD addiction. The builds and guns make them interested, but they soon realize they have to learn how to fight or else it's impossible to explore the server, and by the time they finally explore it all, they have become very good fighters and survivors so they start figuring wars out, and other fun things to do, and THAT is how veteran players are made, simple as that.

Some people give up fighting to explore on a PVE server, and that's just fine, they can do that. And for those newcomers who want to fight but don't like the system, they can just go play Hardcore.

Lets say the TMDO to Hardcore change was made and it made a good amount of TMD-1 players mad, most people didn't care since it means a united community and HUGE wars. But there are some who liked the pain cooldown and hate the idea of the change. That population of people would either move to hardcore, adapt to the changes, or quit. And let's say all of them quit. The damages would be almost unnoticeable as the servers would be booming with life again, especially TMD-1. Now that's only an "if".

But if we favor the TMD-1 players and make the veterans angry then that means a much larger loss of numbers. TMDO would eventually just die out because no one will care anymore. The new map will create some hype, but not enough to last, as the community is still split. Meanwhile we'd basically have to start over with the new TMD we've created and raise a whole new playerbase who will only know the current system and know nothing of the TMD veterans because they all quit. We'd then really have to hope that the TMD we have now can be as popular as the original gamemode which got us where we are today. It's a tough gamble.
    thank you

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    something you could try is recommending new players try PvE and having them gather loot on those servers and testing out the game mode before throwing them into PvP. maybe also making higher tier loot more available in PvE with a small incentive for them playing on PvE for an hour etc
    I think a lot of new players still want the thrill of being able to run into people and have conflict. Just not people they can't kill.

There is no point in having people that like survival having their own server, and have normal TMD be OP. It'd still have the same problems as OP (divided), the only difference is that the name would be misleading, and also people will go to TMD, get killed by juggs, and leave. New players are most likely going to go to TMD-1 b/c it is the first TMD server. It doesn't make sense to populate OP servers by adding noobs that don't want to be there, and having waves of noobs, join, get killed tons, and leave.

The solution to low population is advertising and finding people who want to play, not forcing everybody to the same server. You can't make it "just like the old days", because lack of experience and skill was what made it that. I don't see pros of merging.

The old TMD can't really happen. People are more skilled now, which makes them harder to kill / etc. People are using auto-clickers now, which a good autoclicker is unavoidable.

Pre 1.9 reset, no one really cared about the pain spamming. THe people who wanted a more realistic style game would random spawn and do whatever they do. The OGS that like doing wars and stuff would go to places like Atlanta and have wars. Now that it is split, players don't want to go back. But the thing is people will still be able to do their roleplays and stuff, and we would be able to do our wars if you know what I mean. Pre 1.9 reset everything was coded perfectly, I don't think we should go back to 1.8. I think instead we should change the code back to how it was pre 1.9 reset. If you change to 1.8, how will you make more weapons? That will be pretty hard, since resource packs don't work the same way in 1.8. Basicly what I'm saying is you should chage the coding to make it like pre 1.9 reset, the days we all love and remember
    If people can still do what they want on the same server, what's the point in even merging? Might as well just display a fake player count. The code is the same as pre 1.9 reset on OP. It's currently like the pre 1.9 reset, so not really something to change. Also, the pack is fine in 1.8, there are 100s of items.

SeasonedPopcorn

I agree with this 100%, and that's coming from an Rper who rarely goes on the PvP servers. I remember as a new player a year ago I had this exact same mindset that _VC_ explained. I really didn't care about dying because I knew this was The Walking Dead, and the world was dangerous and brutal. TBH I found my way around the PvP servers just fine until I discovered PvE, from there I found out it was more for me. What will kill this server is separating the "OP" and "TMD1-7" and thus causing people to leave one by one because of low populations. For pete's sake merge the servers and bring back the ole' days so this community can grow again.

#merge.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix
    I think a lot of new players still want the thrill of being able to run into people and have conflict. Just not people they can't kill.

I rarely play TMD but personally if i just started out and if i was told to play 30min of PvE and get maybe some riot gear and tier 2/3 with some ammo as a reward on top of whatever i can scavenge i would go for it knowing i would be more prepared and less likely to die in PvP. Maybe during this time they can also find a team with other players instead of being shot on sight in PvP.

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk

When we got rid of spam pains, many vets went to OP. If we re-add them, won't it be the same, just the other way around. Current OP players will go to TMD-1, and current TMD-1 players that don't like pains would go to a hardcore server. The main different would come in mentality of new players that go to TMD-1 as they want to play TMD, and it's the first one. They won't know to spam pains, won't know how to get legends / jugg armor, and even if they do get good stuff, they'll get wiped out by big teams. Some people will stay and like the challenge, but I still think many would leave. We could possibly have a "noob" server, or recommend them to TMD-2. My biggest thing is that in the poll, it was like 60-40. Most of the people voting are dedicated or veteran players that check the website, and most of them/you play OP. I'd imagine at least 45%-50% of the current player base would be upset with a merge, as they like walking dead feel of server. The 50%-55% of people for a merge would still have a server to play on. I can think about it some more, but I feel like it boils down to, it's pretty even in people wanting merge or not, and people that don't want merge would have the game changed to a level where they don't like it, while people that do want merge would still have a server to play on.

Also, would a merge actually fix the problems on OP. Tons of people are saying they want it how it was, everything should be pre 1.9 reset, etc, even though none of it changed.

Edit: Either way, we can spend more time deciding our options tonight.

SeasonedPopcorn

When we got rid of spam pains, many vets went to OP. If we re-add them, won't it be the same, just the other way around. Current OP players will go to TMD-1, and current TMD-1 players that don't like pains would go to a hardcore server. The main different would come in mentality of new players that go to TMD-1 as they want to play TMD, and it's the first one. They won't know to spam pains, won't know how to get legends / jugg armor, and even if they do get good stuff, they'll get wiped out by big teams. Some people will stay and like the challenge, but I still think many would leave. We could possibly have a "noob" server, or recommend them to TMD-2. My biggest thing is that in the poll, it was like 60-40. Most of the people voting are dedicated or veteran players that check the website, and most of them/you play OP. I'd imagine at least 45%-50% of the current player base would be upset with a merge, as they like walking dead feel of server. The 50%-55% of people for a merge would still have a server to play on. I can think about it some more, but I feel like it boils down to, it's pretty even in people wanting merge or not, and people that don't want merge would have the game changed to a level where they don't like it, while people that do want merge would still have a server to play on.

Also, would a merge actually fix the problems on OP. Tons of people are saying they want it how it was, everything should be pre 1.9 reset, etc, even though none of it changed.

I just want to say one last thing, this is the exact same problem Minez went through two years ago went they released Minez 2. Everyone hated it and they brought back the old Minez in addition with the newer Minez 2. In the end, both servers failed and now they're trying to get people back with this stupid "Origins" update that pretty much also failed. Now Minez is officially dead because both servers have like zero players because the community fell apart. Please, don't make this same mistake. You also mentioned a new tutorial a while back but it was never added. Maybe when you merge (hopefully) you can add a new tutorial and explain to new players all the game-play mechanics you think are harder to understand, like the spamming pains, etc.

Nekophysix

Titan
    Nekophysix
    Nekophysix Nekophysix

as i said before i am pretty much a new player at TMD i have no idea what pains are i thought /kit jugg was a full set and i had no idea where prison was (or how to use a compass) i would simply say i do not care about mechanics as long as i can have fun with my mates and not constantly be destroyed by 3 people camping a corner with spas. Even when we die we can still have fun with lower tier guns and scavenging for loot. i felt it was pretty balanced when i came on i took out a guy in full riot with an M9 with a couple of headshots and we spread the loot.so from a noob point of view simply said it doesn't affect us unless we want to become more dedicated to the server and learn the mechanics.

In summary: Do what you think will impact the hardcore players the least and the new players will learn to adapt and most i doubt most will quit if the server is nice community even if they are getting destroyed.

_VC_

Famous
    _VC_
    _VC_ _VC_

That's true it will basically be flip-flopped of how it is now. I just think that out of the population of people who are against the merge, only maybe half of them or less will actually quit while tons of people who have quit will come back, resulting in some good numbers and happy veterans. We have come to a point where it's literally "What group of people do we want to make happy?". Because it's impossible to make everyone happy. There are only 2 choices but yet there are an infinite amount of ways this all could go. Keep it split, 4 TMDs, smaller map, keep TMDO, It CAN work very well, but people need to give it a chance before they quit in a fit of rage. I used to be all for the "making TMD more realistic" side but now I'm starting to understand the perspective of those who don't want it. And if all those intolerant people who won't give anything a chance chose to quit, we know where they will be going. And I'm not talking about Exo. We have to bank on the success of the new TMD with new players or else all our old players will jump start a competition threat somewhere else. I mean that's just one possibility that's very far in the future, not saying it will happen but ya never know. There's gotta be someway that we're missing that will make everyone happy. Somehow it's gotta be possible

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian
    it pains me too see so many people quit because of all this crap about painkillers and stuff.. (see what i did there?)

the server may have less people, but it's not dying. what makes it die is when, Gasp! people leave the server.
    also this game used to be fun but now everyone is complaining about painkillers and cars and guns and whatnot. the "good old days" is not what we need, but a whole new version of mining dead, where it's like the walking dead. you want to pvp? fine. but actually get the "skill" to pvp. and what i mean by skills i don't mean for you to where impenetrable armor and chug a bottle of drugs and keep on fighting. i mean going out there, loot, find guns, and maybe for example, hide in a tower and pick off targets while they try to outflank you and make you waste ammo. not going around with impenetrable armor and shooting people with solid gold weapons on a bike while chugging a bottle of painkillers while at the same time complain that pvp is horrible because the golden barret is bad or something.

Skills are killing full juggs with m9s and no extra health. (like me)
    i made a post of a thread a long time ago about noobs crying about losing their jugg in the reset. i got like double or even triple the amount of likes than the guys who went: "Noobs? Jugg? no correlation."

if this was a guns pvp server the map would be minimal, there would be no looting, and no zombies, and it would basically be Call Of Duty: Minecraft warfare.

(please be advised COD:MW includes invincible armor, chugging drugs, bikes, completely unrealistic game-play, lots of 9 year olds, nobody with skill and lots of gold weapons)

saintsebastian
    saintsebastian saintsebastian

i can totally imagine a future where there are only like 3 vets left, and we are like, "i remember back in the day when we had to walk!" or "i remember when guns would take an entire magazine to kill someone!"

_Nickk

Owner
    _Nickk
    _Nickk _Nickk
    Is there anybody who would be upset if we merged OP back, made TMD 2&4 recommended for new players, and added a TMD hardcore with no pains or legend weapons? Would the people wanting a merge be satisfied with a realism server?

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    Is there anybody who would be upset if we merged OP back, made TMD 2&4 recommended for new players, and added a TMD hardcore with no pains or legend weapons? Would the people wanting a merge be satisfied with a realism server?
    That sounds good to me

Montu151

Mythical
    Montu151
    Montu151 Montu151
    it pains me too see so many people quit because of all this crap about painkillers and stuff.. (see what i did there?)

the server may have less people, but it's not dying. what makes it die is when, Gasp! people leave the server.
    also this game used to be fun but now everyone is complaining about painkillers and cars and guns and whatnot. the "good old days" is not what we need, but a whole new version of mining dead, where it's like the walking dead. you want to pvp? fine. but actually get the "skill" to pvp. and what i mean by skills i don't mean for you to where impenetrable armor and chug a bottle of drugs and keep on fighting. i mean going out there, loot, find guns, and maybe for example, hide in a tower and pick off targets while they try to outflank you and make you waste ammo. not going around with impenetrable armor and shooting people with solid gold weapons on a bike while chugging a bottle of painkillers while at the same time complain that pvp is horrible because the golden barret is bad or something.

Skills are killing full juggs with m9s and no extra health. (like me)
    i made a post of a thread a long time ago about noobs crying about losing their jugg in the reset. i got like double or even triple the amount of likes than the guys who went: "Noobs? Jugg? no correlation."

if this was a guns pvp server the map would be minimal, there would be no looting, and no zombies, and it would basically be Call Of Duty: Minecraft warfare.

(please be advised COD:MW includes invincible armor, chugging drugs, bikes, completely unrealistic game-play, lots of 9 year olds, nobody with skill and lots of gold weapons)
    WHERE IS THE DISLIKE BUTTON??!?!?!