• IP Copied!
  • Who Thinks The Filter Should Be A Thing on The Mining Dead at least?

Who Likes The Filter?

• Yes

Votes: 5 21.7%
    • No

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters

Jordan_Bailey

Mythical
    Jordan_Bailey
    Jordan_Bailey Jordan_Bailey
    I want to actually know who wants the filter on The Mining Dead at the very least. I mean, it's basically a Walking Dead server. This is the same show that has had people mutilated, decapitated, a guy getting his gutted, and two people having their heads bashed in with a baseball bat, yet people can't even say **** on The Mining Dead. The only curse words that aren't censored are damn, hell, and ****. At the very least, they should lighten the filter, and at the most they should flat out remove it for at least The Mining Dead if they can.

And before anyone says that "they're trying to protect the kids" or anything like that, again, this is a server based on The Walking Dead. I think after what I said above should speak enough of that. Also, with the modern world, kids hear swearing for the first time at a decently young age. Hell, I first heard the word "****" when I was ten years old. If anyone has any good reason why the filter should say, reply. I seriously want to know.

Doioi

Titan
    Doioi
    Doioi Doioi
    I do agree on this. Even if they don't allow **** to be used they should bring **** into it. Crap is a word why can't we say ****? idk i understand minecraft is a game for smaller kids but some of us have been playing the game for years and for me i played minecraft not on a crazy level I'm not one of those edgy minecraft teenagers. I still play because its an old childhood memory and its fun to come back to every once and a while. And as we grow we get accustomed to new words like swearing. If you are under 10 and watching the walking dead ur a bad *** kid and when i was 9 i already knew swear words lol. Idk i just feel like ppl get triggered way to easily nowadays.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I personally think the filter is a burden sometimes. Like, what if your friend's name is Richard? You'll get in trouble for saying "****" when you really mean his name. Not to mention, the filter censors words within other words sometimes, and you look like you're trying to bypass the filter. People say **** all the time. Now, I also think the rules for chat should be lightened. I said, quote, "stfu, lol" to one of my friends. If you had read the chat and payed attention to the context, you would see that I, in no way shape or form, had meant any offense. But of course, I was given a warning (my 5th one.... hello perm mute) for 'Abusive Chat.' I honestly think the chat should be revised/reformed

-Cat

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Okay, so my opinion, is to have a filter in which can be toggled, easily ending any arguements.
    This too would end filter bypassing, but may still be an issue.
    Amirite or amirite?

SomeDumbCat

If you watch you tube a decent percentage of this server is under 13 which can just be seen from you tube videos in general and alot of ogs and veterans (aka old players) are in college or going soon which means that another generation will be coming in soon and the server cant just have people cursing off in chat when someone comes in they may see that then leave. If you feel the need to curse you can block it out yourself so people understand what you say and you dont get warned for example f***, also yes I do understand most children curse for some apparent reason.

2Lily

Mythical
    2Lily
    2Lily 2Lily
    YES lel but then again there will always be some little kids will see naughty words and thats not acceptable!

Cactiee

Titan
    Cactiee
    Cactiee Cactiee
    Basically just dont filter bypass and those kids wont know what are we talking about lmao. And Staff will only warn you if you filter bypass or use swear words disrespect other players. so.... i think its not a big deal for those kids lmao

Jordan_Bailey

Mythical
    Jordan_Bailey
    YES lel but then again there will always be some little kids will see naughty words and thats not acceptable!
    A lot of children swear. It's the modern era, hun. I first personally swore for the first time when I was seven years old. That was eight years ago.

Jordan_Bailey

Mythical
    Jordan_Bailey
    tmds filter is a bit extra especially with like kys and a couple other words in my opinion but there is some extremes and I think should be some sort of filter because if there isn't a staff member on and people start abusing that theres no filter they can say some horrible things and definitely offend people more than if there was a filter. its not just swear words but racial slurs and the way they use these words towards people. also if you see what the **** I think you already get an idea of what the player is trying to say without it being so aggressive...
    Not as ****ing bad as Hypixel's. Jesus ****--even ****ing "moron" is censored.

Solstrii
    Solstrii Solstrii
    Well, then again. I'm not sure about "Boo" and the words like that, but, words like "Ez" and "Moron" Are most likely censored because those words, 80% of the time, are used in a bullying and/or offensive manner.