• IP Copied!
  • 1.13 update idea(s)

Rippen

Rippen
    Rippen Rippen
    I was not comparing it to hypixel, which I don't even find it fun tbh. Compare it to potterworldmc: theres a complex lvling system involving graduation levels, spells learning system, 3 (soon, 4) different professions which rewards you with usefull buff items, classes, treasure hunting crafting, looting, planting, pvp, dozens of different pve, market, quests, minigames, daily events, sandbox housing, etc etc etc. All of that consistently wraped around the game's core, not independent minigame servers like we see out there. There's not a single chance tmd would achieve any of its complexity by getting stuck at 1.8 where we barely cant get multiple mob threats.
    I'm not comparing it to potterworld. I played it and it's bad.

Firelillx

Mythical
    Firelillx
    Firelillx Firelillx
    I was not comparing it to hypixel, which I don't even find it fun tbh. Compare it to potterworldmc: theres a complex lvling system involving graduation levels, spells learning system, 3 (soon, 4) different professions which rewards you with usefull buff items, classes, treasure hunting crafting, looting, planting, pvp, dozens of different pve, market, quests, minigames, daily events, sandbox housing, etc etc etc. All of that consistently wraped around the game's core, not independent minigame servers like we see out there. There's not a single chance tmd would achieve any of its complexity by getting stuck at 1.8 where we barely cant get multiple mob threats.

I’ve actually played Potterworld for several years... much longer than even havoc. I’m a graduate there so all that you just said is not news to me.

It’s successful bc their staff team is very organized and the people who work there are really committed and work hard. I heard the owner is a professional programmer and all those 3d pets and hats and wands make the server A LOTTTTT of money and they can afford top of the line developers and plugins.

They have WAY more money (and staff) than havoc. Go to the great hall and just count up how many people gave multiple items..

Yeah selling cosmetics is SMART.

I suggested havoc to sell some cosmetics bc the roleplayers would love it and buy.

Ps.. their owner, admin, head staff, and basically ALL staff are actively engaged with the community and listen. They have help support and players feel listened to... yeah don’t see that on Havoc

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    I’ve actually played Potterworld for several years... much longer than even havoc. I’m a graduate there so all that you just said is not news to me.

It’s successful bc their staff team is very organized and the people who work there are really committed and work hard. I heard the owner is a professional programmer and all those 3d pets and hats and wands make the server A LOTTTTT of money and they can afford top of the line developers and plugins.

They have WAY more money (and staff) than havoc. Go to the great hall and just count up how many people gave multiple items..

Yeah selling cosmetics is SMART.

I suggested havoc to sell some cosmetics bc the roleplayers would love it and buy.

Ps.. their owner, admin, head staff, and basically ALL staff are actively engaged with the community and listen. They have help support and players feel listened to... yeah don’t see that on Havoc

Cool, didn't know that, it was truly insightful, thanks! I'm lvl 62 there (7th year) and I this is true, the amount of players who invest in thar server is abysmal.
    Maybe it's even kinda unfair to compare the whole server with TMD in this aspect, there's nothing we can do when it comes to to the size of staff and their resources. But we can definitely learn from their success: the staff commitment to the community, shutting down the toxicity and so much more that make such a pleasant and enjoyable server..!

DDENGAR

Mythical
    DDENGAR
    DDENGAR DDENGAR
    You know, we could always make a compromise and make an old tmd server 1.8 and have everything else updated...

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    MemenTheMeme MemenTheMeme
    1.13 uses a whole new ID system which tends to break portions of texture packs (especially blocks with variant IDS). Updating to 1.12.2 would be best as it
    -Keeps the item ids, which will not break the texture packs
    -Gives weapons attack speed which would help to defend from autoclickers (since damage is reduced if you click faster than the attack speed of the weapon)
    -has more plugins + better plugin support (since the versions of the plugins used are more recent, and are still worked on unlike some outdated versions)
    -has more blocks and items to retexture (Can we please get riot shields)

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    Hey folks, it has been a while since I've been on here. with the 1.13 update released I got an idea. why not use the trident as a throwable knife? I think it would be very cool to be able to throw a knife at walker heads. I hope this gets picked up by a mod/staff.

Have a nice (and probably hot) day!

-Tom
    eh I dont think it would hurt pvp very much which is good but its not really something in TWD.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    lmao update to 1.13 will ruin the whole server. we dont need more textures.
    It wont necessarily ruin the server. It would open the door to new plugins, better performance, new blocks (which in turn would bring new skins, guns, melees, etc). We've been sitting in the past for too long, so we should consider moving up through updates. Maybe not 1.13 in particular, but at least 1.12.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    It wont necessarily ruin the server. It would open the door to new plugins, better performance, new blocks (which in turn would bring new skins, guns, melees, etc). We've been sitting in the past for too long, so we should consider moving up through updates. Maybe not 1.13 in particular, but at least 1.12.
    1.12 would be good. 1.13 has a different ID system which breaks the game for anyone under 1.13, and also breaks older texture packs. The only way to fix this would be to make a new version of the pack with the updated block ids for the items in the pack, which shouldn't be that hard.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    lmao update to 1.13 will ruin the whole server. we dont need more textures.
    thats what you think. Almost every block has one already and the builders are being pushed to do more and more things they cant even do because they dont have the right blocks. Ever seen the trees at hilltop? That is intentional but thats how bad its got they need to use a texture that doesnt really fit but its the best they can do.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    1.12 would be good. 1.13 has a different ID system which breaks the game for anyone under 1.13, and also breaks older texture packs. The only way to fix this would be to make a new version of the pack with the updated block ids for the items in the pack, which shouldn't be that hard.
    Key word shouldn't xD I think its a lot harder than you think. But i dont know I work on a new SW server our pack has been made very quickly of course there probably is a lot of texture recycling from other packs.

ArmenTheHeli

Titan
    MemenTheMeme
    Key word shouldn't xD I think its a lot harder than you think. But i dont know I work on a new SW server our pack has been made very quickly of course there probably is a lot of texture recycling from other packs.
    I say shouldn't because Havoc has problems with doing things in a timely manner. I have already made a custom Tmd pack since I don't like the current one.