• IP Copied!
  • Bounties and Wanted Levels?!

oTargaryen

BOUNTIES:
    So, I think there should be a bounty system. Or a "wanted level" system. Let's talk about the bounties first...
    For example, /bounty set FactionsChris 20000 . The person that kills the guy that has the bounty on his head receives the amount stated. I think this could be a great addition to the game.

WANTED LEVELS:
    I thought about this and it could get implemented. The more players you kill, the more your stars increase? Maximum of 5 stars. When in 5 stars you are in HAVOC MODE. Fits the server's name as well :). When in Havoc Mode, if a player kills you, he can get a random amount of money from you, maybe from the range of 20K to 200K? The reward could be lower or higher if this indeed gets implemented.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    The idea is fair although I find it isn't necessary. An addition to this comment, if the player knew they had a bounty on their head, they could do ./suicide and claim the money for themselves.

oTargaryen

The idea is fair although I find it isn't necessary. An addition to this comment, if the player knew they had a bounty on their head, they could do ./suicide and claim the money for themselves.
    Well, obviously the money wouldn't be received if somebody did /suicide :p .

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Bounties are really smart, but havoc mode seems a bit far fetched to me.

So yeah, tweak it.

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    PolarDynasty PolarDynasty
    Firstly, the server is not about pvp. It is rpg survival, so basically the server should not encourage people to kill each other, or reward people for killing, because it is inhumane.
    Secondly, this idea could easily be abused.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    Server is PVP first and then RPG Survival second.. It is a shoot first then ask second type of environment unless you are on PvE.

likebeingawesome
    likebeingawesome likebeingawesome
    Firstly, the server is not about pvp. It is rpg survival, so basically the server should not encourage people to kill each other, or reward people for killing, because it is inhumane.
    Well, then it could be like if you place a bounty you lose the money that you used to place the bounty. Also, this is for the mining dead (I think) and think about Negan he killed Glenn (in the comics) to kill him with not really a reason.

guapdc

I think bounties are a good idea, considering that it could happen in a zombie apocalypse, but wanted levels should not be a thing. This is not GTA. There is no police/government to do anything about crime.

vegetbles

Mythical
    vegetbles
    vegetbles vegetbles
    I agree with @PolarDynasty. These probably won't be added due to Abusive players, and Have you ever seen Bounties in The Walking Dead? If so have proof with it. And bounties really aren't that realistic. Players could also just set a 10k bounty on a player and then kill that player and just get the money back.

And also, Negan is not a nice dude.

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    no wnated levels money is hard enough for to come by anyway so i dont want to lose my cash however i do like the bountys thing

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    Server is PVP first and then RPG Survival second.. It is a shoot first then ask second type of environment unless you are on PvE.
    Disagreed. And we aren't "shoot first ask then" kind of place, you make it that way. And this is more about surviving and looting, than killing. Even tough killing and wars are notable part of the servers theme, but this "shoot everyone you see" is not part of the theme. Expecially then when you are new in the game, and you try to loot and get stuff, but then some guys with full jugg and 8stk of painkillers, comes and kills you. In that scenario you have no chance of surviving.

Ps. Does Rick and his team kil everyone they see? No they don't. Does Negan kill everyone he sees, no he doesn't. They kill only if the other one is a threat for them. But in tmd people kill everyone, even people who can't be a threat for them. Here people kill even people who run away, or offers peace. People kills here for fun, and it is very far away from the real twd or real world.

- have fun while reading I have very bad English son.

Last edited:

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    I agree with @PolarDynasty. These probably won't be added due to Abusive players, and Have you ever seen Bounties in The Walking Dead? If so have proof with it. And bounties really aren't that realistic. Players could also just set a 10k bounty on a player and then kill that player and just get the money back.

And also, Negan is not a nice dude.
    Listen to lables he knows.

verenity_

Titan
    0hRatio
    0hRatio 0hRatio
    Disagreed. And we aren't "shoot first ask then" kind of place, you make it that way. And this is more about surviving and looting, than killing. Even tough killing and wars are notable part of the servers theme, but this "shoot everyone you see" is rather annoying. Expecially then when you are new in the game, and you try to loot and get stuff, but then some guys with full jugg and 8stk of painkillers, comes and kills you. In that scenario you have no chance of surviving.

Ps. Does Rick and his team kil everyone they see? No they don't. Does Negan kill everyone he sees, no he doesn't. They kill only if the other one is a threat for them. But in tmd people kill everyone, even people who can't be a threat for them. Here people kill even people who run away, or offers peace. People kills here for fun, and it is very far away from the real twd or real world.

You just contradicted yourself. You tell me it is not a "Shoot first ask then" kind of place, but then you say recognize the "shoot everyone you see"..
    Unfortunately it is that type of environment. Lose the builder tag, go to TMD-1 Berxley and jump out of the safezone. They will not let you run off. You will either get attacked immediately or sniped 200 blocks away.. When you are in a town you will get attacked instead of finding out if you are friendly. You will not have time. So again unfortunately TMD is that type of environment of shoot first before your shot. .

PolarDynasty

PolarDynasty
    You just contradicted yourself. You tell me it is not a "Shoot first ask then" kind of place, but then you say recognize the "shoot everyone you see"..
    Unfortunately it is that type of environment. Lose the builder tag, go to TMD-1 Berxley and jump out of the safezone. They will not let you run off. You will either get attacked immediately or sniped 200 blocks away.. When you are in a town you will get attacked instead of finding out if you are friendly. You will not have time. So again unfortunately TMD is that type of environment of shoot first before your shot. .
    I ment that, the shoot everyone you see environment is not part of the servers theme, and it is very annoying. And I have been in that position where I have been killed all the time, and I know how frustrating it is.

huQGICf.jpg

Last edited:

purrr

Titan
    purrr
    purrr purrr
    Disagreed. And we aren't "shoot first ask then" kind of place, you make it that way. And this is more about surviving and looting, than killing. Even tough killing and wars are notable part of the servers theme, but this "shoot everyone you see" is not part of the theme. Expecially then when you are new in the game, and you try to loot and get stuff, but then some guys with full jugg and 8stk of painkillers, comes and kills you. In that scenario you have no chance of surviving.

This is because of the kdr and stats issues. If they weren't displayed there wouldn't really be a need to kill anyone.

Redbommer

Mythical
    Redbommer
    Redbommer Redbommer

i this world its kill or be killed(in pvp servers) shoot first ask later rules are unnecessary because the first time i joined a pvp server i got killed instantly so i am a sniper now

The_HX_Gamer

The_HX_Gamer
    The_HX_Gamer The_HX_Gamer
    200k is way to much for killing some serial killer guy, this would be the easiest thing to farm off of, get your friend to kill you a bunch, then when he's at a 5 star wanted level he could just let you kill him and then you would get a huge reward that you could split. Also bounties could be really annoying, let's say I put a 20k bounty on Redbommer, a day later he's still alive, then you don't want to do it anymore, you couldn't really just take it back. So I came up with some ideas for your suggestion: Make it so when you set a bounty, it takes the money away from the person who's setting the bounty so if they use all their money before the bounty is completed, it won't put them in debt. Next idea, players can create timed bounties, for example /bounty set Redbommer 20000 1d 2h 3m 4s, (d=day, h=hour, m=minute, s=second). Also there would be a command like: /bounty add Redbommer 15000, so you can add on to bounties. Let's say HyperScrub set a 20k bounty on Redbommer but then Redbommer killed me, so let's say then I was mad and I'm like, let's up the bounty so people are more likely to kill him, if I did /bounty add Redbommer 15000, then it would add 15k to the bounty, so it would be 35k all together. Only one bounty per player at a time, 2 players cannot both set a bounty on someone, but one can, and the other person would be able to add to it. Next thing that I think should be added, something called "Bounty Shields" these would be things that a player can use daily or buy in the shop. There are 3 types of bounty shields: One hour, One day, 3 days. The one hour shield is available daily, and if somebody pays off your bounty (I'll explain that next). Bounty Shields can be bought in shops and so, the one hour shield is 15k, also you can't spam them because there would be a 15 minute cool down for shields after the shield is done. The next thing is paying off bounties, let's say your friend got a 10k bounty on him, and you wanted to get it off him, you can do /bounty payoff <player> <cash>, the cash you put there is the cash your paying to get subtracted from the bounty, so if it's a 10k bounty, if I payoff 5k, then the bounty's only a 5k bounty now. However, if you payed off the whole bounty, then your friend no longer has a bounty on him and he has a 1 hour bounty shield. I know your thinking, easy way to get a free bounty shield, get your friend to put a 10$ bounty on you and then pay it off. You can't do that, bounties would be atleast at the very minimum 5k and you can't put one on a teammate, also, you lose the money if you pay off a bounty, so does the person who set the bounty. Just so people would help each other out on paying off bounties, you would get 5% of the cash of the original bounty that was set. So if you payed off someone's 10k bounty you'd get like 20$ from it. It's not much, but it's still something.

_Vapples_

Not to mention that the bounty system could be used to lure hunters into team traps to farm items. I'd hate to imagine all the support tickets that would generate.

_Vapples_

KoS ruins any type of survival game. Take a look at DayZ before they started to only implement weapons in patches. There was KoS but not nearly as much. A lot of Bandit - Player interactions didn't result in a death, just the victim loosing some items. Most people would argue that those situations are no different than KoS, but I feel that its different for one reason. Player Interaction. Of course MC doesn't have a voice chat implemented, (probably for the better,) so these types of interactions would be strained anyway. Enough of my ranting.