• IP Copied!
  • Bring back MM

Do you want map maker back? ( world edit creative worlds )

• Total voters

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin
    TheRoyalTamarin TheRoyalTamarin
    Ok, so, I have been waiting for sooooo long just for ONE THING.
    BRING BACK MAP MAKER.
    This is my favorite server, and the fact that I can use world edit in map maker is awesome. Honestly, if you bring back map maker you will get so many more users, so please do so. All of us are waiting for this.
    HavocMc is losing popularity ever since you removed map maker.

PLEASE BRING IT BACKKKKKKK!

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    BRING BACK MAP MAKER.
    This is my favorite server, and the fact that I can use world edit in map maker is awesome. Honestly, if you bring back map maker you will get so many more users, so please do so. All of us are waiting for this.

It's coming. Soon, my friend, soon. ;)

general2673

Mythical
    general2673
    general2673 general2673
    BRING BACK MAP MAKER.

map maker was a great gamemode. a great way to try builds have fun with other players and even audition for the build team, but as im sure you remember the gamemode was causing crashes and people were losing work. so it was removed with the promise of its eventual return. if it were easy it wouldve been fixed by now, just give it time. i have a build i was working on there as well so believe me im hoping for its return as well but we just gotta be patient :)

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    Would you all be ok with just basic plots for the time being? So you could still build with worldedit on Havoc?

edit. please dont title ur post please read like just make it "bring back mm" or something so its not so clickbait-y???

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin
    Would you all be ok with just basic plots for the time being? So you could still build with worldedit on Havoc?

edit. please dont title ur post please read like just make it "bring back mm" or something so its not so clickbait-y???
    Kk

TrashSoup

Mythical
    TheRoyalTamarin

Also you should check out my other ideas, maybe liking them may help some bring themselves to life?

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Ew, no plots. That's what made MM unique: you could make a whole map if you wanted to (Map Maker *mind blown*). Plot worlds are restrictive. I liked the freeness of MM. So, I say no to plots. (Besides... almost every server has a plot world. If I wanted a plot world, I'd go to AJ gaming)

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    How was MM any different than plots? You can have a 1000x1000 plot if you really wanted to.. MM was a poorly developed plugin with lots of issues. I don't understand what MM has that plots can't do. You could claim 4 1000x1000 plots and merge them if you really wanted to! I just dont see the attraction of MM. I didn't play it much, but I'd love to hear what it had to offer. Maybe I just didn't know the gamemode well enough? @Cat_Squirrel_Inc

UterZorker

Mythical
    UterZorker
    UterZorker UterZorker
    How was MM any different than plots? You can have a 1000x1000 plot if you really wanted to.. MM was a poorly developed plugin with lots of issues. I don't understand what MM has that plots can't do. You could claim 4 1000x1000 plots and merge them if you really wanted to! I just dont see the attraction of MM. I didn't play it much, but I'd love to hear what it had to offer. Maybe I just didn't know the gamemode well enough? @Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    But this isnt that kind of server.

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    But this isnt that kind of server.
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!?!? CREATIVE BUILDING in general does not need to be unique gamemode-- its the PLAYER that makes it a unique gamemode! YOU need to build!!! And what do you mean this isnt that kind of server? Like what does that actually mean in relation to my comment? Do you want to build or not? Because if you wanted to build, they could make a plots server in about a week. As I asked in my last comment, I would still like to know what MM had to offer that plots cannot provide.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like only someone who really appreciated MM would understand. As you said yourself, you didn't play the gamemode. With more development and bug fixes, it can be even better than it was. The fact that you could expand the small cube/island/thing into a massive map was wonderful. You aren't restricted by the square boundaries of a plot. Next, there's the personal option of "intense server activity." Basically, turning off block updates (for floating sand, carpet, weird world edit stuff, etc.). This was possible because each creative cube was like it's own little mini-server, if that makes any sense. In a plot world, everyone is in the same "world," so messing around with block update stuff/intense server activity isn't as flexible. Next, there's the TMD presets. Those were great for making your own stylized build of an already completed build (Alexandria, Prison, and I think Woodbury? Don't remember the specifics, I never used the presets). This made Role-Playing fun, and you could add your own twist to the current TMD. Next, the freedom of making the map as big or small as you wanted. With plots, it's still restricted to some degree, but with the MM worlds, the possibilities were endless. Also, the void-world option was perfect for making space themed builds and floating castles, etc. With a plot world, large scale builds all smashed into one place gets kinda messy. Another awesome thing about MM was that you could choose a texture pack for your world (so those who visit it would download it, kinda like how when you log onto TMD is auto-downloads the pack), so it could be the MW, TMD, or Vanilla texture pack. Another important thing: MM was one of the sole sources for the build team to find new recruits.

In conclusion, Map Maker was a much more unique and versatile creative world than regular old plots. Besides, if you wanted a plot world, just go over the AJ Gaming or Cube Creative or something.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    As a Titan I now have access to a maximum of 20 plots, and other great perks.

IT'S A WASTE OF A RANK IF YOU DON'T GET PERKS!!!!!
    :rolleyes: I need map maker back. PLEASE

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I feel like only someone who really appreciated MM would understand. As you said yourself, you didn't play the gamemode. With more development and bug fixes, it can be even better than it was. The fact that you could expand the small cube/island/thing into a massive map was wonderful. You aren't restricted by the square boundaries of a plot. Next, there's the personal option of "intense server activity." Basically, turning off block updates (for floating sand, carpet, weird world edit stuff, etc.). This was possible because each creative cube was like it's own little mini-server, if that makes any sense. In a plot world, everyone is in the same "world," so messing around with block update stuff/intense server activity isn't as flexible. Next, there's the TMD presets. Those were great for making your own stylized build of an already completed build (Alexandria, Prison, and I think Woodbury? Don't remember the specifics, I never used the presets). This made Role-Playing fun, and you could add your own twist to the current TMD. Next, the freedom of making the map as big or small as you wanted. With plots, it's still restricted to some degree, but with the MM worlds, the possibilities were endless. Also, the void-world option was perfect for making space themed builds and floating castles, etc. With a plot world, large scale builds all smashed into one place gets kinda messy. Another awesome thing about MM was that you could choose a texture pack for your world (so those who visit it would download it, kinda like how when you log onto TMD is auto-downloads the pack), so it could be the MW, TMD, or Vanilla texture pack. Another important thing: MM was one of the sole sources for the build team to find new recruits.

In conclusion, Map Maker was a much more unique and versatile creative world than regular old plots. Besides, if you wanted a plot world, just go over the AJ Gaming or Cube Creative or something.
    Don’t forget about that unrestricted world edit!

iMoe

VIP
    iMoe
    iMoe iMoe
    @Cat_Squirrel_Inc Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I would agree that all those features are great to have, but wouldnt a basic plot world be adequate until they could get MM back working? Theres a plugin I've used called PlotSquared. One of the most developed plugins i've ever seen. It comes with; worldedit; plot downloading; layers of trust (so you could add someone to your plot but they couldnt build while you were offline, for example); plot-specific weather, time or music; an insane flag system; plot ratings and listings; schematics; presets; plot customization (void, flat, terrain, etc); the list goes on.

It's just such an incredible plugin and it would allow people to build on Havoc for the time being. Why say no?

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    @Cat_Squirrel_Inc Thanks for taking the time to explain it. I would agree that all those features are great to have, but wouldnt a basic plot world be adequate until they could get MM back working? Theres a plugin I've used called PlotSquared. One of the most developed plugins i've ever seen. It comes with; worldedit; plot downloading; layers of trust (so you could add someone to your plot but they couldnt build while you were offline, for example); plot-specific weather, time or music; an insane flag system; plot ratings and listings; schematics; presets; plot customization (void, flat, terrain, etc); the list goes on.

It's just such an incredible plugin and it would allow people to build on Havoc for the time being. Why say no?
    I mean, that's cool and all, but it's just not... Map Maker, ya know? Also... if the owners have neglected updating anything on this server to "working" potential, I HIGHLY doubt you're getting that plot world .-.

Also, when replying to me, the '@' doesn't notify me, so could you quote my post? That way I know who's chattin' with me.