• IP Copied!
  • Great Idea

Mass_wl

Yeah wouldn't it be a great idea to actually not allow racist people play on our server? Wouldn't it be great if i didn't get spammed with a bunch of racist bull and then the recipient only receive a temp ban!??! Well sadly i thought that to. However imagine if this got on the news that a player of THIS server was harassed and had screenshots of another racist member inviting him to a team group called "IHateJewsTheyAreGay" this IS NOT a joke are you guys being serious? A temp ban for THIS? The owner of the group knew i didn't like him, he knew what he was doing, and he knew he was being annoying and racist. Yet he continued to invite me to join this team. All I'm saying is that if this were to get out im not so sure the server would be up for very long, why not try updating your rules HavocMC?

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    Racial Discrimination should be more enforced as a rule, as it is a big issue. Although, with that being said, if a player has a problem with another player regarding racial harassment, it results in a mute. Any way to bypass said mute to continue to harass a player would continue to escalate that mute. See here: https://havocmc.net/rules/. If there's an issue with a player in particular, there is typically a staff member online, and if there isn't, the discord could be utilized in the #requesting-help tab. Though, harassment should not result in a ban, unless the player has acted on multiple offenses. Which in this case I believe may have been so, as the player was not doing it through chat, but directly giving it to players. I think that anything higher than a temp ban is unnecessary. If a player is permanently banned for harassment and toxicity, then it would cause major backlash to Havoc's administration. If the harassment regards threats that put a player at risk, that's another case, as player safety and comfortability is why the rules are set in place. And I think the server would survive, despite a player not being up to par. Yes, if the whole community is racist, then that would be a different case, as that simply is not a good environment to play. Plus, using the team command for harassment, etc. is within technicality punishment evading. Although, I get where you're coming from.
    EDIT: Reworded some things.
    lol.

Rejante

Creative Team
    Rejante
    Rejante Rejante
    So your saying that your fine with racists playing on the server?
    I never said I was. What I'm trying to say is that all players deserve fair trial, or at least a way to rehabilitate. Because I know a player who was permanently banned and later appealed for an unban A FULL YEAR LATER, and were told to wait a month to appeal again. So, I don't want any player to have their experienced ruined. Players should at least be warned before they are banned, as warns are traditionally granted before a punishment is ensued, unless it has to do with immediate issues, such as hacks, ddos threats, or any threats putting a player at risk.

Mass_wl

Well im glad that all the staff members are okay with racist people playing on the server and that a mute or temp ban will 100% fix this problem, im done with this thread say whatever you guys want to here i don't plan on checking it.

Katitude

Mythical
    Katitude
    Katitude Katitude
    @Mass_wl I understand you're upset and I'm sorry you had to encounter this on the server. I used to be a Sr Mod on this server, and it's heartbreaking at times when such racist people don't receive the full punishment they deserve, however staff don't make the rules and can't permanently ban them because of racist comments and/or actions, unless the situation is severe. I hope the rest of your day is relaxing and tranquil. If you see players doing this again, please screenshot it and send it to a Staff member as soon as possible, I know you're a sweet person and that you understand Staff can't bend the rules, that some players get angry in because the moment, (lashing out with racism) and that staff care a lot about your experience and comfort on the server; I hope this helped!

~ Katitude

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    @Mass_wl I understand you're upset and I'm sorry you had to encounter this on the server. I used to be a Sr Mod on this server, and it's heartbreaking at times when such racist people don't receive the full punishment they deserve, however staff don't make the rules and can't permanently ban them because of racist comments and/or actions, unless the situation is severe. I hope the rest of your day is relaxing and tranquil. If you see players doing this again, please screenshot it and send it to a Staff member as soon as possible, I know you're a sweet person and that you understand Staff can't bend the rules, that some players get angry in because the moment, (lashing out with racism) and that staff care a lot about your experience and comfort on the server; I hope this helped!

~ Katitude

Yeah I took a screenshot of the racial slur used but the issue had resolved by then. I'm glad the guy got somewhat of a ban. Hopefully in the future an encounter like this will be met with a harsher punishment.

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    Well im glad that all the staff members are okay with racist people playing on the server and that a mute or temp ban will 100% fix this problem, im done with this thread say whatever you guys want to here i don't plan on checking it.

And another thing, there are going to be people who do this sort of stuff lad. This is not the only server that has this problem. We understand what happened and like Katitude has mentioned, sorry this happened. Saying that the staff team is okay with this is not, in fact, correct at all. They can only do so much and follow the appropriate procedures accordingly.

Verbramdt

Mythical
    Verbramdt
    Verbramdt Verbramdt
    I understand you, but for saying someone is gay like as you said is a ban to high for it, you can get warned and muted, in my opinion this enough. (For high racism should a ban be a good idea.)

Runkelpokk

Dont cry its just a game . Most of the "racist" people just say racist things becuase people like you start crying about that just ignore them

MichaelSteve

Mythical
    MichaelSteve
    MichaelSteve MichaelSteve
    I will admit I usually defend staff actions, but how they handle these rule breaks are stupid. I can’t even report someone on the forums and get them punished. They seem to ignore it.

seuboi

Mythical
    seuboi
    seuboi seuboi
    TMD community is so toxic cause it allows them to be so. I believe muting/kick are so rare and light weighted punishments - while in many other servers these behaviours would lead to a permaban

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    It's hard to find a good balance between over the top punishments and punishments that were too light, and didn't make any real difference.

CravenPython108

CravenPython108
    CravenPython108 CravenPython108
    Over the top will teach players to not even try and push the boundaries.
    Over the top can also get players who had no intention of hurting anybody banned or muted for long periods of time. Obviously with what the guy who made this thread was talking about, the person was just trying to be annoying, and I wouldn't have a problem with a longer ban. On the flip side, what if I'm messing around, I call my friend a Jew in chat, and I get muted for a day? Was it hurting anybody? Did I say anything negative about Jews? For something like that, there would be no need for a punishment.

Cat_Squirrel_Inc

Mythical
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    Cat_Squirrel_Inc Cat_Squirrel_Inc
    I will admit I usually defend staff actions, but how they handle these rule breaks are stupid. I can’t even report someone on the forums and get them punished. They seem to ignore it.
    They need more people who are addicted to checking the forums.... like I was.
    I think I had the most tickets answered when I was Jr. Mod.... I think..