Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    Okay, so. (Before I address anything see what I did with the title? Houston we have a problem but Havoc.. lol I'm such a nerd)

Anyway. My ideas post (the most recent) was commented upon by Jbentley. He said my ideas were good, but they could sadly not be implemented, seeing as 98% of the MC 1.8 texture and functions are currently used. He also said that they have no intentions of updating the server to 1.9 or further, due to so many players still using 1.8.

HavocMC has so much potential. I know many of you know this, such as CastielCraw. Another member dedicated to trying to implement new ideas, and chock full of creativity.

1.15 is coming soon. The snapshot has been released. 1.16 is beyond that, twice to were we are now! We will only be using half of Minecraft's potential textures and functions. We need to update, at least to 1.10 at this rate.

This server is great, dont get me wrong. But out of it's possibilities, we've gone into only a little under 50%. Updating to 1.10 or 1.9 could do all this:

Tents!
    New guns!
    New functions!
    More ammo!
    More attachments!
    More blocks!
    More POSSIBILITY!

This server is great. But it could be even greater. A few version updates, we will have tapped into a goldmine of weapons, features, even more. Let's try to further this server, make it live longer. 1.8 will be obsolete if it isn't already. Let's make this server even better.

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    If the owners/admins and the builders/dev teams would actually update the content on here, like the update idea you're thinking, the server would actually improve. But I'll stay skeptical for obvious reasons.

Think about it. Players on Havoc use 1.8 because that's their only choice. They'd likely use 1.10 if it was actually used in an update.
    With all the new content Microjangsoft is putting out, it'd be foolish to not use any of it.
    I hope that threads like this will get through to the higher ups so this server can improve.

But like I said, I'm skeptical. There hasn't been any good updates in a helluva long time and the lack of change disgusts me.
    This server doesn't need item/enemy nerfs/buffs. It doesn't need new locations. It needs content to make it all enjoyable.
    Fingers crossed

JBentley694

Mythical
    JBentley694
    JBentley694 JBentley694
    If the owners/admins and the builders/dev teams would actually update the content on here, like the update idea you're thinking, the server would actually improve. But I'll stay skeptical for obvious reasons.

Think about it. Players on Havoc use 1.8 because that's their only choice. They'd likely use 1.10 if it was actually used in an update.
    With all the new content Microjangsoft is putting out, it'd be foolish to not use any of it.
    I hope that threads like this will get through to the higher ups so this server can improve.

But like I said, I'm skeptical. There hasn't been any good updates in a helluva long time and the lack of change disgusts me.
    This server doesn't need item/enemy nerfs/buffs. It doesn't need new locations. It needs content to make it all enjoyable.
    Fingers crossed

We updated to 1.10 in the past and with it we had content suitable for 1.10, when we updated our player base went from 900 to 30 in 2 weeks time. Players prefer 1.8 for its pvp meta and because its easier to run than the later versions. We would love to have a server based around 1.10 but it isnt worth killing off the current player base and many big servers such as Hypixel still run as 1.8.

Also your comment about lack of change is a bit inaccurate. For the past year the owners and developers have been working to bring back what we killed off and the server has largely improved. New items, enemies, item nerfs and buffs, and overall new locations is the defining content of the server so yes it does need these to stay fresh. But even with new content there is still half of the player base who do not want new content especially for pvp. We have no idea why its hard for others to see things from our view point where we are trying to reach middle ground because trying to please everyone is impossible and only so much can be done at one time.

mindblaster007

Mythical
    mindblaster007
    mindblaster007 mindblaster007
    We updated to 1.10 in the past and with it we had content suitable for 1.10, when we updated our player base went from 900 to 30 in 2 weeks time. Players prefer 1.8 for its pvp meta and because its easier to run than the later versions. We would love to have a server based around 1.10 but it isnt worth killing off the current player base and many big servers such as Hypixel still run as 1.8.

Also your comment about lack of change is a bit inaccurate. For the past year the owners and developers have been working to bring back what we killed off and the server has largely improved. New items, enemies, item nerfs and buffs, and overall new locations is the defining content of the server so yes it does need these to stay fresh. But even with new content there is still half of the player base who do not want new content especially for pvp. We have no idea why its hard for others to see things from our view point where we are trying to reach middle ground because trying to please everyone is impossible and only so much can be done at one time.
    We understand that but Havoc could be way better if updated; so many new possibilities. We could have so many new features. Yes, it would take a long painful time to remake everything but it would be worth it in my opinion.

Loftt

Mythical
    Loftt
    Loftt Loftt
    We understand that but Havoc could be way better if updated; so many new possibilities. We could have so many new features. Yes, it would take a long painful time to remake everything but it would be worth it in my opinion.
    Okay, so. (Before I address anything see what I did with the title? Houston we have a problem but Havoc.. lol I'm such a nerd)

Anyway. My ideas post (the most recent) was commented upon by Jbentley. He said my ideas were good, but they could sadly not be implemented, seeing as 98% of the MC 1.8 texture and functions are currently used. He also said that they have no intentions of updating the server to 1.9 or further, due to so many players still using 1.8.

HavocMC has so much potential. I know many of you know this, such as CastielCraw. Another member dedicated to trying to implement new ideas, and chock full of creativity.

1.15 is coming soon. The snapshot has been released. 1.16 is beyond that, twice to were we are now! We will only be using half of Minecraft's potential textures and functions. We need to update, at least to 1.10 at this rate.

This server is great, dont get me wrong. But out of it's possibilities, we've gone into only a little under 50%. Updating to 1.10 or 1.9 could do all this:

Tents!
    New guns!
    New functions!
    More ammo!
    More attachments!
    More blocks!
    More POSSIBILITY!

This server is great. But it could be even greater. A few version updates, we will have tapped into a goldmine of weapons, features, even more. Let's try to further this server, make it live longer. 1.8 will be obsolete if it isn't already. Let's make this server even better.

why would they change the mode if they already have, I play hcf and havoc, I don't want to have to switch versions so I can play one of the other I believe that this is irrelevant and should not be implemented if they already tried, for crying out loud all of the ogs quit and aren't coming back and they are what really kept the server alive, if the owners and devs did this it would ruin the server, of course this is just my opinion

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    why would they change the mode if they already have, I play hcf and havoc, I don't want to have to switch versions so I can play one of the other I believe that this is irrelevant and should not be implemented if they already tried, for crying out loud all of the ogs quit and aren't coming back and they are what really kept the server alive, if the owners and devs did this it would ruin the server, of course this is just my opinion
    The server isnt dead anymore. I mean sure, it sure isnt 1.7 but we're hitting maybe a 150-200 daily player average if I had to guess

CastielCraw

CastielCraw
    CastielCraw CastielCraw
    I agree, but if we did make the conversion i guarentee we would lose players.
    We certainly would. I understand the perspective of the admins and the staff. When I was a staff member on another server, I too had the unfortunate occasion to meet this problem myself. We had either the choice to update the server to a higher version, allowing more possibilities for items and plug-ins or staying at the current version. Every single staff member discussed the pro and the cons and I even did some research how other server handled the situation. Some updated the server and deactivated some combat mechanisms by installing or creating plug-ins. Others updated the server, but not to 1.9/1.10, but much higher to 1.15, since the combat system at this point seems playable. I personally don't support the second, since it will take a long, long(, long) time to update the entire server version and customizing every plug-in to match 1.15. Not mentioning the fact, that mojang changed the programming language too.

Even if it's a fact, that the server should stay at the current version it's on, because of a more solid player base, then what's the point for having a suggestion thread. Please don't take this personally, I love the server and I love the people who are giving their all to keep this up. I have huge respect for the people who invest their time and their sweat into a server others can enjoy too, but on the long run, at some point, everyone would like to see new content. They will come in scattered, some will leave, when other raises their voice, which gives the impression, that an update isn't worth the sacrifice. This will eventually happen to all of us. The suggestion we players can give are mostly item or mob-specific, which can't be sadly implemented. Some tried with more "non-material" suggestion like a new plug-in or a new disease, but those apparently can't be implemented too.

And the group, one may call the "OGs" are indeed an active group of players which are actively playing on the server giving it a solid player base, but I can recall from another thread which was written quite a time ago by a very frustrated person saying, that the server doesn't belong to only them and that they kind of ruined the intention of the server. I'm really sorry if this whole text seems arrogant to post, but we, the players, can only really comprehend what we feel, when we join the server to start a new adventure.

It's also important to note the fact, that once 1.9 is reached the server can change texture packs of items by changing their nbt data (durability). If we take all armor pieces together we would have a total durability number of 4125. If we do the same with the tools we get a total number of 8132. If we combine both and substract 40 from them(, because I counted in the number 0 too, but 0 is the point where the armor piece or tool breaks), we get alltogether a total result of 12.217. That means we could have 12.217 new weapons, items and armor pieces in all.

Last edited:

Snek87

Famous
    Snek87
    Snek87 Snek87
    In due time, I believe we will be able to update versions one day. For now we just have to wait a little longer, I have hope that things can be implemented in the future.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    1.12.2 is by far the best version of minecraft to run. Then, add optifine, and it's even better -- there's literally no excuse not to get it.

We need to update.
    That's what I use to play TMD, thatd work pretty well.
    1.12 was a decent update, too. It was the Color update, wasn't it? We had the Aquatic and then Village and Pillage..

Loftt

Mythical
    Loftt
    Loftt Loftt
    We certainly would. I understand the perspective of the admins and the staff. When I was a staff member on another server, I too had the unfortunate occasion to meet this problem myself. We had either the choice to update the server to a higher version, allowing more possibilities for items and plug-ins or staying at the current version. Every single staff member discussed the pro and the cons and I even did some research how other server handled the situation. Some updated the server and deactivated some combat mechanisms by installing or creating plug-ins. Others updated the server, but not to 1.9/1.10, but much higher to 1.15, since the combat system at this point seems playable. I personally don't support the second, since it will take a long, long(, long) time to update the entire server version and customizing every plug-in to match 1.15. Not mentioning the fact, that mojang changed the programming language too.

Even if it's a fact, that the server should stay at the current version it's on, because of a more solid player base, then what's the point for having a suggestion thread. Please don't take this personally, I love the server and I love the people who are giving their all to keep this up. I have huge respect for the people who invest their time and their sweat into a server others can enjoy too, but on the long run, at some point, everyone would like to see new content. They will come in scattered, some will leave, when other raises their voice, which gives the impression, that an update isn't worth the sacrifice. This will eventually happen to all of us. The suggestion we players can give are mostly item or mob-specific, which can't be sadly implemented. Some tried with more "non-material" suggestion like a new plug-in or a new disease, but those apparently can't be implemented too.

And the group, one may call the "OGs" are indeed an active group of players which are actively playing on the server giving it a solid player base, but I can recall from another thread which was written quite a time ago by a very frustrated person saying, that the server doesn't belong to only them and that they kind of ruined the intention of the server. I'm really sorry if this whole text seems arrogant to post, but we, the players, can only really comprehend what we feel, when we join the server to start a new adventure.
    It's also important to note the fact, that once 1.9 is reached the server can change texture packs of items by changing their nbt data (durability). If we take all armor pieces together we would have a total durability number of 4125. If we do the same with the tools we get a total number of 8132. If we combine both and substract 40 from them(, because I counted in the number 0 too, but 0 is the point where the armor piece or tool breaks), we get alltogether a total result of 12.217. That means we could have 12.217 new weapons, items and armor pieces in all.

I agree with what you said that the ogs don't own the server but they were the first ones, you can't deny that they in some way started the server off.

Loftt

Mythical
    Loftt
    Loftt Loftt
    What we can do, is make the server into a higher version but still having it 1.8.9 compatible and just having the new items untextures blocks this could be affective for adding new players and not decreasing the playerbase.

Chocolattae

Famous
    Chocolattae
    Chocolattae Chocolattae
    How about converting TMDPVP-2 and TMDPVE-2 into test servers with new features/a new version to create a compromise between those who want to stay with 1.8 and those who want to update?

Kanzelin_Linuk

Mythical
    Jesse_Linuk
    Jesse_Linuk Jesse_Linuk
    How about converting TMDPVP-2 and TMDPVE-2 into test servers with new features/a new version to create a compromise between those who want to stay with 1.8 and those who want to update?
    I agree with this idea and I have actually stated it in a previous post about how tmdc should be vets, tmdpve/p-1 for regulars, and tmdpve-p-2 for experiments.

OnlyCrazyPvP

1.8 is the best version to use for servers mainly because of its optimization and lighter design. If we were to use a newer version, it would take some time and you would notice significant drops in server speed.
    towny is running on 1.14 and its working quit fine
    upgrading to 1.12 as base version would allow to add a lot of new features and there would be nearly no difference in the performence of the server