Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 2 13.3%

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Kanzelin_Linuk

Mythical
    Jesse_Linuk
    Jesse_Linuk Jesse_Linuk
    1.8 is the best version to use for servers mainly because of its optimization and lighter design. If we were to use a newer version, it would take some time and you would notice significant drops in server speed.
    Yeah, this makes sense. 1.8 is a really good update in general.

Water_Bottle_

Okay, so. (Before I address anything see what I did with the title? Houston we have a problem but Havoc.. lol I'm such a nerd)

Anyway. My ideas post (the most recent) was commented upon by Jbentley. He said my ideas were good, but they could sadly not be implemented, seeing as 98% of the MC 1.8 texture and functions are currently used. He also said that they have no intentions of updating the server to 1.9 or further, due to so many players still using 1.8.

HavocMC has so much potential. I know many of you know this, such as CastielCraw. Another member dedicated to trying to implement new ideas, and chock full of creativity.

1.15 is coming soon. The snapshot has been released. 1.16 is beyond that, twice to were we are now! We will only be using half of Minecraft's potential textures and functions. We need to update, at least to 1.10 at this rate.

This server is great, dont get me wrong. But out of it's possibilities, we've gone into only a little under 50%. Updating to 1.10 or 1.9 could do all this:

Tents!
    New guns!
    New functions!
    More ammo!
    More attachments!
    More blocks!
    More POSSIBILITY!

This server is great. But it could be even greater. A few version updates, we will have tapped into a goldmine of weapons, features, even more. Let's try to further this server, make it live longer. 1.8 will be obsolete if it isn't already. Let's make this server even better.

Yea but it's not an easy thing to do, they have to change so much stuff

CastielCraw

CastielCraw
    CastielCraw CastielCraw
    Yea but it's not an easy thing to do, they have to change so much stuff
    And yet: Just imagine what could be done afterwards. New guns? Won't be a problem anymore. More item variety? Think bigger! A new mob? Let's make 3 of it. These are just examples of what the server would be capable of once problems like insufficient server capacity and speed are solved. I don't want the server to be shut down, because of lack of players and I'm pretty sure, that nobody is expecting an update as major as this to happend any time soon.
    I agree, that 1.8 is probably the most solid player base and I'm surely not demanding anything at all. I don't own the server or fund it. I'm just really hoping, that one day and it doesn't have to be now or soon, it happens.

ThunderDragon3

Mythical
    PogItsThunder40
    PogItsThunder40 PogItsThunder40
    I'm just really hoping, that one day and it doesn't have to be now or soon, it happens.

Hopefully sooner and in our time.
    And yet: Just imagine what could be done afterwards. New guns? Won't be a problem anymore. More item variety? Think bigger! A new mob? Let's make 3 of it. These are just examples of what the server would be capable of once problems like insufficient server capacity and speed are solved. I don't want the server to be shut down, because of lack of players and I'm pretty sure, that nobody is expecting an update as major as this to happend any time soon.
    I agree, that 1.8 is probably the most solid player base and I'm surely not demanding anything at all. I don't own the server or fund it. I'm just really hoping, that one day and it doesn't have to be now or soon, it happens.
    But amen to that!

F

FireRageHD

1.8 is the best version to use for servers mainly because of its optimization and lighter design. If we were to use a newer version, it would take some time and you would notice significant drops in server speed.
    And the server is already slow enough at times so I agree with max.

5hoes

Champion
    5hoes
    5hoes 5hoes
    TMD tried this before and others like me didn't like 1.9+ because of all the stupid glitches. (I want to assume around 2017-2018ish)

JT900

JT900
    JT900 JT900
    TMD tried this before and others like me didn't like 1.9+ because of all the stupid glitches. (I want to assume around 2017-2018ish)
    Those "stupid glitches" could've been fixed if the devs actually put effort into fixing them.
    But, as you can guess, efficiency isn't their strong suit.

Kanzelin_Linuk

Mythical
    Jesse_Linuk
    Jesse_Linuk Jesse_Linuk
    Those "stupid glitches" could've been fixed if the devs actually put effort into fixing them.
    But, as you can guess, efficiency isn't their strong suit.
    I offered to buy a dev an minecraft account and they said "no I just needed a test account" despite the fact that was the entire purpose of buy a new account for them.